Post Reply 708 posts
2020 Wishlist (Repeats & 1st Timers)
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2020 Wishlist (Repeats & 1st Timers)

by Ethrivas » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:36 am

Pls add Wormwitch to my list.
    (Dissection fans should check their work.)
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:13 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:48 am Others:
    8 Flotsam and Jetsam (162nd)
    8 Kampfar (161st)
    4 Cruachan (316th)
    4 Origin (345th)
    Shouldn't bands that receive the same number of votes be ranked the same (T-161st and T-316th or whatever), instead of arbitrarily being considered lower because of alphabetical order? Although, Kampfar is ahead of Flotsam and Jetsam, so I'm guessing at the ordering.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:38 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:31 am Gonna add THE DARK ELEMENT to my wishlist.

Wasn't a fan of their first album but damn the two tracks I've heard off the new album are awesome.
    Where is Wilderun in the list now? Haven't seen them pop up yet, just wondering how many + they have?
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • DudeBro
    Oiler

by DudeBro » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:48 am 0 Sortilege
    This has me bummed out. Sortilege are right up my alley, give em a +1
    S:2015, 2020

Airbourne + Babymetal + Crystal Viper + Dethklok + Enforcer + Eternal Champion + Grand Magus + Hell + Slough Feg + Magic Circle + Nekrogoblikon + Powerwolf + Stormwarrior + Sumerlands + The Sword + Visigoth
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:55 pm

1 Request for Kissin' Dynamite.

Next is T.

Latest entries put us up to 160 individuals now, 5,922 requests in total, 1,640 unique acts requested.

Going down to 13 or more gives us the top 101, with the weighting in favour of repeats 66 to 35.

Note that ORANGE are bands that have NOT been on previously, and RED are ruled out already, and GREEN are announced!

78 Amon Amarth

54 Alestorm

52 Blind Guardian

50 Amorphis

44 Be'lakor

41 Sabaton

39 Insomnium, Powerwolf

38 Gojira

36 Wintersun

35 Iced Earth

34 Rotting Christ

33 Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir

32 Emperor

31 Dark Tranquillity

29 Candlemass, Turisas

28 Dragonforce, Epica

27 Borknagar, Finntroll, Moonspell, Nightwish

26 Demons & Wizards, Edguy, Moonsorrow, Wolfheart

25 Avantasia, Hypocrisy, Mgla, Omnium Gatherum, Opeth, Orden Ogan

24 Children of Bodom, Helloween

23 Beast in Black, Equilibrium, Kreator, Stratovarius, Testament

22 Allegaeon, Hammerfall, Primordial

21 Aether Realm, Death Angel, Katatonia, Korpiklaani

20 Aeternam, At The Gates, Devin Townsend, Lacuna Coil, Therion

19 Anaal Nathrakh, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, King Diamond, Melechesh, Myrath, Orphaned Land, Soilwork, Symphony X

18 Battle Beast, Chthonic, Dalriada, Immortal, Saltatio Mortis, Septicflesh, Tribulation, Within Temptation

17 Abbath, Carach Angren, Carcass, Enslaved, Ihsahn

16 My Dying Bride, Running Wild, Triptykon

15 Arch Enemy, Dismember, Draconian, Jinjer, Satyricon, Swallow The Sun, Tankard, Trollfest

14 Amaranthe, Gamma Ray, Harakiri for the Sky, In Flames, Myrkur, Power Trip

13 Ancient Bards, Brymir, Einherjer,, In Mourning, November's Doom, Skeletonwitch, Sonata Arctica, The Crown, Vader, Wolves in the Throne Room

Others:
    10 Haggard (123rd)
    8 Kampfar (161st)
    6 Leaves Eyes (228th)
    5 Venom (287th)
    4 Cruachan (316th)
    4 Origin (345th)
    3 Grave Digger (442nd)
    2 Aborted (523rd)
    01 Kissin' Dynamite (1161th)
    0 Archon Angel
    0 Sortilege
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:56 pm

EvilDan wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:13 am
    8 Kampfar (161st)
    4 Cruachan (316th)
    4 Origin (345th)
    Shouldn't bands that receive the same number of votes be ranked the same (T-161st and T-316th or whatever), instead of arbitrarily being considered lower because of alphabetical order? Although, Kampfar is ahead of Flotsam and Jetsam, so I'm guessing at the ordering.
    Yeah I should possibly do that, but its just splitting hairs really :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Masterbas wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:38 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:31 am Gonna add THE DARK ELEMENT to my wishlist.

Wasn't a fan of their first album but damn the two tracks I've heard off the new album are awesome.
    Where is Wilderun in the list now? Haven't seen them pop up yet, just wondering how many + they have?
    Creeping up! I need to catchup on a couple of recent requests so they may have a few more now, but last update I did they were up to 9 requests :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:11 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:55 pm 1 Request for Kissin' Dynamite.
    That must have been either Bodomdragon or PotatoPotahto. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:56 pm

Ethrivas wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:36 am Pls add Wormwitch to my list.
    (Dissection fans should check their work.)
    They’re so good and I feel like pretty unknown
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

2019: Survivor
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:06 pm

Just out of curiosity where are Abigail Williams, Black Crown Initiate, The Faceless, and Vale Of Pnath on the list? Are there any votes of them other than mine except for Black Crown which I’ve seen a few haha?
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:38 pm

Cimmerian wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:06 pm Just out of curiosity where are Abigail Williams, Black Crown Initiate, The Faceless, and Vale Of Pnath on the list? Are there any votes of them other than mine except for Black Crown which I’ve seen a few haha?
    Abigail, Faceless and Vale 2 requests each, Black Crown 10.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:38 pm
    Cimmerian wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:06 pm Just out of curiosity where are Abigail Williams, Black Crown Initiate, The Faceless, and Vale Of Pnath on the list? Are there any votes of them other than mine except for Black Crown which I’ve seen a few haha?
    Abigail, Faceless and Vale 2 requests each, Black Crown 10.
    Nice thanks! Hopefully they all get announced haha

• EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:56 pm
    8 Kampfar (161st)
    4 Cruachan (316th)
    4 Origin (345th)
    Splitting hairs is 30+ spots. 316 sounds a lot better than 345 when there's no difference.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:46 pm

EvilDan wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:39 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Splitting hairs is 30+ spots. 316 sounds a lot better than 345 when there's no difference.
    Which is why I include the number of requests :) The number of requests is the important thing. At the end of the day whether they are considered 1,762nd or 1763rd doesn't make any difference to anyone unless the band themselves cared :P

It's really just convenience sake that I do it that way. As I have all the results in an excel spreadsheet I'm just looking at the row number each entry appears on.

I could do a formula or something to do a 'unique count' or something along those lines at some point when I have the time though as it is kinda the 'typical' way to manage a situation where there are multiples on the same number
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Lots of Trollfest love.

Next is S.

Tallying up the latest requests including the influx for Wilderun - they are up to 13 now so they are onto the top list!

Latest entries put us up to 161 individuals now, 5,948 requests in total, 1,640 unique acts requested.

Going down to 13 or more gives us the top 102, with the weighting in favour of repeats 66 to 36 now that Wilderun have snuck in.

Note that ORANGE are bands that have NOT been on previously, and RED are ruled out already, and GREEN are announced!

78 Amon Amarth

54 Alestorm

52 Blind Guardian

50 Amorphis

44 Be'lakor

41 Sabaton

39 Insomnium, Powerwolf

38 Gojira

36 Wintersun

35 Iced Earth

34 Rotting Christ

32 Emperor

31 Dark Tranquillity

29 Candlemass, Turisas

28 Dragonforce, Epica

26 Demons & Wizards, Edguy, Hypocrisy, Mgla, Moonsorrow, Wolfheart

25 Avantasia, Omnium Gatherum, Opeth, Orden Ogan

21 Aeternam, Aether Realm, Death Angel, Katatonia, Korpiklaani

20 At The Gates, Devin Townsend, Lacuna Coil, Therion

19 Anaal Nathrakh, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Immortal, King Diamond, Melechesh, Myrath, Orphaned Land, Soilwork, Symphony X

18 Abbath, Battle Beast, Chthonic, Dalriada, Saltatio Mortis, Septicflesh, Tribulation, Within Temptation

17 Carach Angren, Carcass, Enslaved, Ihsahn

16 Jinjer, My Dying Bride, Running Wild, Satyricon, Triptykon

15 Arch Enemy, Dismember, Draconian, Swallow The Sun, Tankard, Trollfest

14 Amaranthe, Gamma Ray, Harakiri for the Sky, In Flames, Myrkur, Power Trip, Vader

13 Ancient Bards, Brymir, Einherjer,, In Mourning, November's Doom, Skeletonwitch, Sonata Arctica, The Crown, Wilderun, Wolves in the Throne Room

Others:
    10 Haggard
    8 Flotsam and Jetsam
    8 Kampfar
    6 Leaves Eyes
    5 Venom
    4 Cruachan
    4 Origin
    3 Grave Digger
    2 Aborted
    1 Kissin' Dynamite
    0 Archon Angel
    0 Sortilege
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:27 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:46 pm Which is why I include the number of requests :) The number of requests is the important thing. At the end of the day whether they are considered 1,762nd or 1763rd doesn't make any difference to anyone unless the band themselves cared :P

It's really just convenience sake that I do it that way. As I have all the results in an excel spreadsheet I'm just looking at the row number each entry appears on.

I could do a formula or something to do a 'unique count' or something along those lines at some point when I have the time though as it is kinda the 'typical' way to manage a situation where there are multiples on the same number
    Why bother with a formula, when you can do like you said and look to the left? 4 requests, and the first 4 request band is at row 300. Simple. 3 requests start at row 350, etc. I would imagine there are more 3s than 4s, more 2s than 3s, and about 1000 single request bands, meaning they could be listed as 660 or 1600 or anywhere between.

I agree that the bands probably don't care, but you're including the information to give people an idea of their popularity. I have never run across an arbitrary, built-in deviation as a 'typical' way to disseminate this type of data. In any industry I've been a part of or dealt with, handling information in this way would be called intellectually dishonest, or just misleading, if someone was trying to be nice. ;)

Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:36 am

Wishlist:

Repeats:
    Iced Earth
    Therion
    Strarovarius
    Lacuna Coil
    Fintroll
    Dalriada (last shows were 2 of the best gigs of my life!)
    Nightwish
    Arch Enemy
    Symphony X
    Hammerfall
    Satyricon
    Behemoth
    Cradle of Filth
    Children of Bodom
    Dragonforce
    Avantasia

First timers:
    Powerwolf
    DimmuBorgir
    Allen Lande
    Syrens Call
    Killswitch Engage
    Disturbed
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:20 pm

Wishlist: Jon Oliva/Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Gorguts, Be'lakor, The Shining, Bal Sagoth, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil, Wilderun, Warforged, Triptykon, Skeletonwitch
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:35 pm

EvilDan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:27 am
    I agree that the bands probably don't care, but you're including the information to give people an idea of their popularity. I have never run across an arbitrary, built-in deviation as a 'typical' way to disseminate this type of data. In any industry I've been a part of or dealt with, handling information in this way would be called intellectually dishonest, or just misleading, if someone was trying to be nice. ;)
    AH you see again that becomes a question of an almost arbitrary nature - If two entries have the same number requests does the next entry get recorded as the next number or the next in sequence?

IE

78 Amon Amarth
    54 Alestorm
    52 Blind Guardian
    50 Amorphis
    44 Be'lakor
    41 Sabaton
    39 Insomnium, Powerwolf
    38 Gojira

In the above for simplicity sake I would refer to Insomnium and Powerwolf as 7th and 8th, with Gojira 9th.

Say we refer to Insomnium and Powerwolf as equal 7th. Some would then refer to Gojira as being 8th in that case (which is the way I would prefer to do it, if I did that).

Hence why I would require a formulae as it would be quite complex to manually calculate something of that nature the further down the list I went :)

But, whatever. I'll just remove the damn numbers. At the end of the day thats all they are :?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Five for Soen. Next is M.

Latest entries put us up to 161 individuals now, 5,948 requests in total, 1,640 unique acts requested.

Going down to 13 or more gives us the top 102, with the weighting in favour of repeats 66 to 36 now that Wilderun have snuck in.

78 Amon Amarth

54 Alestorm

52 Blind Guardian

50 Amorphis

44 Be'lakor

41 Sabaton

39 Insomnium, Powerwolf

38 Gojira

36 Wintersun

35 Iced Earth

34 Rotting Christ

32 Emperor

31 Dark Tranquillity

29 Candlemass, Turisas

28 Dragonforce, Epica

19 Anaal Nathrakh, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Immortal, King Diamond, Melechesh, Myrath, Orphaned Land, Soilwork, Symphony X

18 Abbath, Battle Beast, Chthonic, Dalriada, Saltatio Mortis, Septicflesh, Tribulation, Within Temptation

14 Amaranthe, Gamma Ray, Harakiri for the Sky, In Flames, Myrkur, Power Trip, Vader

13 Ancient Bards, Brymir, Einherjer,, In Mourning, November's Doom, Skeletonwitch, Sonata Arctica, The Crown, Wilderun, Wolves in the Throne Room

Others:
    10 Haggard
    8 Flotsam and Jetsam
    8 Kampfar
    6 Leaves Eyes
    5 Soen
    5 Venom
    4 Cruachan
    4 Origin
    3 Grave Digger
    2 Aborted
    1 Kissin' Dynamite
    0 Archon Angel
    0 Sortilege
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:35 pm In the above for simplicity sake I would refer to Insomnium and Powerwolf as 7th and 8th, with Gojira 9th.

Say we refer to Insomnium and Powerwolf as equal 7th. Some would then refer to Gojira as being 8th in that case (which is the way I would prefer to do it, if I did that).
    I don't know if other places do things differently, but what I (in the US) see most often in rankings that allow ties is Insomnium and Powerwolf are tied for 7th, Gojira is 9th.

I'm not going to miss the rankings if they're gone, though.
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:18 am

Puh....Soen, Kissin Dynamite, Trollfest...it can´t get worse for me!

Where are the Old School (Bay Area) Thrash Bands, the (Tampa) Death Metal Bands and the (Texas) US-Power Metal Bands from the 80s and early 90s????

Autopsy
    Atheist
    Massacre
    Obituary
    Vltimas

Overkill
    Exodus
    Razor
    Infernal Majesty
    Vio-Lence

Helstar
    S.A. Slayer
    Juggernaut
    Meliah Rage

Omen
    Attacker
    Vicious Rumors

or of course

Mercyful Fate

Triptykon

Dismember
    Last edited by clegane on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:21 am

Or even some young bands like:

Slaegt
    Inconcessus Lux Lucis
    Uada
    Ultha

Space Chaser
    Antipeewee
    Traitor
    Angelus Apatrida
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Bit of love for Axxis. Puts us at 11 from within the top 100 and 16 outside. 2019 we finished at 25 and 35 so on track for similar.

Next is O.

78 Amon Amarth

54 Alestorm

52 Blind Guardian

50 Amorphis

44 Be'lakor

41 Sabaton

39 Insomnium, Powerwolf

38 Gojira

36 Wintersun

35 Iced Earth

34 Rotting Christ

32 Emperor

31 Dark Tranquillity

29 Candlemass, Turisas

28 Dragonforce, Epica

Others:
    10 Haggard
    8 Flotsam and Jetsam
    8 Kampfar
    6 Axxis
    6 Leaves Eyes
    5 Soen
    5 Venom
    4 Cruachan
    4 Michael Schenker Fest
    4 Origin
    3 Grave Digger
    2 Aborted
    2 The Agonist
    1 Kissin' Dynamite
    0 Archon Angel
    0 Sortilege
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Watch this red become green. It’s beautiful, like springtime in winter.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:42 am

LOL that surprised a lot of people :D

Next is S.

78 Amon Amarth

54 Alestorm

52 Blind Guardian

50 Amorphis

44 Be'lakor

41 Sabaton

39 Insomnium, Powerwolf

38 Gojira

36 Wintersun

35 Iced Earth

34 Rotting Christ

32 Emperor

31 Dark Tranquillity

29 Candlemass, Turisas

28 Dragonforce, Epica

Others:
    10 Haggard
    8 Flotsam and Jetsam
    8 Kampfar
    6 Axxis
    6 Leaves Eyes
    5 Soen
    5 Venom
    4 Cruachan
    4 Michael Schenker Fest
    4 Origin
    3 Grave Digger
    2 Aborted
    2 The Agonist
    1 Kissin' Dynamite
    0 Archon Angel
    0 Sortilege
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:24 am

Mercyful Fate
    Dismember
    Meliah Rage
    Toranaga
    Evildead

Triptykon
    Massacre
    Vltimas
    Running Wild

Helstar
    Omen
    Protector
    Razor
    Brutality

Survivor:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:13 pm

And Finntroll it is!

Next is B.

78 Amon Amarth

54 Alestorm

52 Blind Guardian

50 Amorphis

44 Be'lakor

41 Sabaton

39 Insomnium, Powerwolf

38 Gojira

36 Wintersun

35 Iced Earth

34 Rotting Christ

32 Emperor

31 Dark Tranquillity

29 Candlemass, Turisas

28 Dragonforce, Epica

19 Anaal Nathrakh, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Immortal, King Diamond, Melechesh, Myrath, Orphaned Land,]Soilwork, Symphony X

13 Ancient Bards, Brymir, Einherjer, In Mourning, November's Doom, Skeletonwitch, Sonata Arctica, The Crown, Wilderun, Wolves in the Throne Room

Others:
    10 Haggard
    8 Flotsam and Jetsam
    8 Kampfar
    6 Axxis
    6 Leaves Eyes
    5 Soen
    5 Venom
    4 Cruachan
    4 Michael Schenker Fest
    4 Origin
    3 Grave Digger
    2 Aborted
    2 Stam1na
    2 The Agonist
    1 Kissin' Dynamite
    0 Archon Angel
    0 Sortilege
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:13 am

Some serios OLD SCHOOL Death- and Thrashmetal Bands please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor:
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:20 pm

TAMPA - DEATH METAL
    BAY AREA - THRASH

Survivor:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:34 pm

2 (ONE OF THEM FROM ME!) for Bloodbound, 5 for Suffocation.

Next is O.

78 Amon Amarth

54 Alestorm

52 Blind Guardian

50 Amorphis

44 Be'lakor

41 Sabaton

39 Insomnium, Powerwolf

38 Gojira

36 Wintersun

35 Iced Earth

34 Rotting Christ

32 Emperor

31 Dark Tranquillity

29 Candlemass, Turisas

28 Dragonforce, Epica

13 Ancient Bards, Brymir, Einherjer, In Mourning, November's Doom, Skeletonwitch, Sonata Arctica, The Crown, Wilderun, Wolves in the Throne Room

Others:
    10 Haggard
    8 Flotsam and Jetsam
    8 Kampfar
    6 Axxis
    6 Leaves Eyes
    5 Soen
    5 Suffocation
    5 Venom
    4 Cruachan
    4 Michael Schenker Fest
    4 Origin
    3 Grave Digger
    2 Aborted
    2 Bloodbound
    2 Stam1na
    2 The Agonist
    1 Kissin' Dynamite
    0 Archon Angel
    0 Sortilege
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Cattle Decap JUST outside the top 100.

Next is A.

78 Amon Amarth

54 Alestorm

52 Blind Guardian

50 Amorphis

44 Be'lakor

41 Sabaton

39 Insomnium, Powerwolf

38 Gojira

36 Wintersun

35 Iced Earth

34 Rotting Christ

32 Emperor

31 Dark Tranquillity

29 Candlemass, Turisas

28 Dragonforce, Epica

Others:
    12 Cattle Decapitation
    10 Haggard
    8 Flotsam and Jetsam
    8 Kampfar
    6 Axxis
    6 Leaves Eyes
    5 Soen
    5 Suffocation
    5 Venom
    4 Cruachan
    4 Michael Schenker Fest
    4 Origin
    3 Grave Digger
    2 Aborted
    2 Bloodbound
    2 Stam1na
    2 The Agonist
    1 Kissin' Dynamite
    0 Archon Angel
    0 Sortilege
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:10 am

Let’s get Abigail Williams, Archspire, Black Crown Initiate, The Faceless, Vale of Pnath on board! I know all these bands are very interested and want to play on the ship this year!

PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:21 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:20 pm 1 Kissin' Dynamite
    Hey, that's me! :lol:
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:49 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:21 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:20 pm 1 Kissin' Dynamite
    Hey, that's me! :lol:
    NO, bodomdragon actually because unlike YOU, HE actually submitted a full wishlist here :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:19 pm

A couple of requests for ATHEIST.

Next is E.

78 Amon Amarth

54 Alestorm

52 Blind Guardian

50 Amorphis

44 Be'lakor

41 Sabaton

39 Insomnium, Powerwolf

38 Gojira

36 Wintersun

35 Iced Earth

34 Rotting Christ

32 Emperor

31 Dark Tranquillity

29 Candlemass, Turisas

28 Dragonforce, Epica

Others:
    12 Cattle Decapitation
    10 Haggard
    8 Flotsam and Jetsam
    8 Kampfar
    6 Axxis
    6 Leaves Eyes
    5 Soen
    5 Suffocation
    5 Venom
    4 Cruachan
    4 Michael Schenker Fest
    4 Origin
    3 Atheist
    3 Grave Digger
    2 Aborted
    2 Bloodbound
    2 Stam1na
    2 The Agonist
    1 Kissin' Dynamite
    0 Archon Angel
    0 Sortilege
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:43 am

Mercyful Fate
    Infernal Majesty
    Dismember

Runemagick
    Denial of God
    Brutality
    Massacre

Toranaga
    Helstar
    Omen
    Nasty Savage
    Forbidden
    Razor

Survivor:
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:30 am

Survivor:
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:33 am

Survivor:
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:36 am

or

or even

Denners Inferno

Survivor:
Post Reply 708 posts