Post Reply 25 posts Page 1 of 1
What band made you book?
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: What band made you book?

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:20 pm

2015: Went for the experience
    2017: Amorphis, honestly. Kamelot, Arch Enemy, Scar Symmetry, MPE, and OG all came later but with Amorphis on broad I knew I was in for a good time.
    2018: Again, not a year where a band drew me, but rather some shit life stuff. And then Sabaton and Insomnium got booked.
    2019: Strong rumours of NeO and Persefone (correct), and a strong gut feeling that this would be the year In Vain got booked (and it was!)

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:22 pm

2017: Haggard. Bucket list band for 20 years
    2018: Just for the experience, but Rhapsody Reunion made me quite happy
    2019: Paradise Lost. Bucket list band for 20+ years
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Malaka wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:36 pm Going back to the first cruise, and assuming there was some apprehension of whether or not you would go on the boat in the first place, which band made you say screw it, we're going!
    2011: Fear Factory. Amon Amarth was already on it, and I heard the headliners were yet to be announced. I thought that was going to make for a HUGE bill, and it was.
    2012. My Dying Bride. No doubt about it. Everything after that was icing on the cake.
    Barge: The first wave of announcements. Sepultura, Hypocrisy, and Rotting Christ were in there.
    2014: Death To All.

Yep, it's been 5 years. :cry:
    2011 - Found out about it around March 2010. By that time Epica had been added and having not seen them live at that point, that had me sold.
    2012 - Eluveitie, Stratovarius, Therion and Tristania in that first announcement was all it took.
    2013 - Lacuna Coil in the first announcement!
    2014 - was a year when I was always 100% going regardless, but there were no real "OMG!!" type bands on that lineup for me.
    2015 - Blind Guardian in the first announcement was enough...on a pretty weak lineup for me overall
    2016 - A killer lineup, Iced Earth, Lacuna Coil, Dragonforce and Delain in the first 5 announcements. SOLD!
    2017 - Amaranthe in the first 3 announcements. Absolute bucket-list band for me
    2018 - Rhapsody Reunion. Never thought I'd get a chance to see that.
    2019 - First announcement, Accept. BOOM. That was all it took.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:56 pm

2015: Arch Enemy and Crucified Barbara - I had already seen Crucified Barbara in my home town, but there was little or no chance I'd ever get to see Angela Gossow live. After AE announced I booked, then later that summer they switched out Angela for Alissa, I didn't care, I still wanted to see the rest of the band.

2016, 17, 18, 19: I'm primarily hooked on the experience overall, seeing my metal friends again, experiencing bands I would never go see on my own local cause I don't follow them that closely. Plus it's educational for me. What bands are booked is not a discriminating factor so much for me, it's just icing on the cake and I’m always surprised when an interesting band for me is announced. I’m always happy when a band I've followed years ago but have moved past shows up and I get reacquainted with them again, for example, Arkona, caught their 2nd set, but I didn't know any of their new songs, haha!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:37 pm

2017- Combination of the overall experience, Annihilator, Anthrax, Testament, Powerglove
    2018 - Rhapsody Reunion
    2019 - I had already booked, but Twilight Force would have brought me on if I hadn't
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 pm

2020(!!!) - I'm going no matter what, but the one band that would make me go apeshit would be FROZEN CROWN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUtMHL_TeaQ

CLOSELY followed by ANCIENT BARDS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4ndscfltDU
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:45 pm

2016 - Overall overwhelming quality of the lineup by the time public sales came around
    2017 - Therion, Amorphis, Draconian, and Omnium Gatherum
    2018 - Insomnium, Dark Tranquillity, and October Tide
    2019 - Eluveitie and Tiamat - with much less enthusiasm than previous years, however
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:07 am

2013: Booked in November after seeing people wearing survivor shirts at MFVF in October. At that point Doro, Lacuna Coil, Hellowen, Týr, Einsiferum and Arkona was enough to convince me to book.
    2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019: Went for the overall experience, lineup wasn't important for the decision to book.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:05 am

I'm a bottom feeder who books anyway MUAHAHAHA!!

In Andy we trust.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 am

We've basically instantly booked ever since 2012, gambling that the lineup for the next voyage would be good. So far, it hasn't disappointed, though some lineups have been better than others. That said, The bands that truly got me giddy were...

2011 - When we first learned about the cruise, so many bands had been announced, but I can't remember specifically. I want to say Amon Amarth and Sonata Arctica were who initially stood out to us, but whatever the partial lineup was a that point was more than enough to pique our interest.
    Barge To Hell - Mostly booked this based experience from 2011, with Hypocrisy being my big draw *sad trombone*...
    2012 - My Dying Bride was enough to make me instantly book us. Candlemass was icing on the cake. *doom boner*
    2013 - Evergrey, Tiamat
    2014 - Novembers Doom, Swallow the Sun, Twilight of the Gods
    2015 - One of the less exciting overall lineups for me. Einherjer and Amorphis were probably my top bands there.
    2016 - Oh man... Bloodbath, Carach Angren, Katatonia, Moonspell, My Dying Bride, Novembers Doom, Paradise Lost, Vallenfyre... iirc that was an exhausting trip for me.
    2017 - Draconian, Månegarm, Kalmah
    2018 - In Mourning, Majestic Downfall, Swallow the Sun
    2019 - In Vain, Paradise Lost, Tiamat
    2020 - *crossing fingers for Saturnus*
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:01 pm

Not to be critical, but I'm noticing some people are listing bands that were announced very late in the cycle, and very unlikely prior to your booking. I think the point of this is the bands you were aware of being on the boat, that served as a deciding factor, before you shelled out your hard earned cash - not just the bands in retrospect you most appreciated.

Sorry - in the real world, I live in data analytics, and my biggest pet peeve is data that is not kept consistent with the time period it was effective for.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:32 am

2018 - Aeternam
    2019 - Mors Principium Est
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • dcmetal02
    Oiler

by dcmetal02 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:37 am

2019- In Vain. Kalmah

This was my first cruise so I was hesitant to book as some others previously mentioned but I knew this would be my only chance to see In Vain. Kalmah has never toured the U.S. either. Then Mors Principium Est got announced, which pushed me over the edge to book. I'm so happy I took the chance and will hopefully be back next year.
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:11 pm

2018 - I was already dead set on going regardless, but Septicflesh was the icing on the cake for me and the rest of the lineup just got better for me as time went on
    2019 - Same deal as before, I was going no matter what. Once Kalmah was announced I knew I made the right decision.

My cabin mate was initially not planning on coming because she just started a new job and she didn't want to put a time off request in while she was still in her training period. Once NeO was announced though I sent her a screenshot of the post and she immediately responded with a screenshot of her emailing her boss for the time off request.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:34 pm

Fulorian wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:01 pm Not to be critical, but I'm noticing some people are listing bands that were announced very late in the cycle, and very unlikely prior to your booking. I think the point of this is the bands you were aware of being on the boat, that served as a deciding factor, before you shelled out your hard earned cash - not just the bands in retrospect you most appreciated.

Sorry - in the real world, I live in data analytics, and my biggest pet peeve is data that is not kept consistent with the time period it was effective for.
    Fulorian here with an eagle eye for data and the specific point of the thread.
    +1
  • RockaRolla
    Wiper

by RockaRolla » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:47 am

I booked blindly because I promised myself this is the year I go for the first time.
    But I guess I am not the only one doing the booking for the dream-come-true experience rather than specific line-up :D
    And I say north is where I want it to be!

2019 Survivor
    2020: definitely going!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:14 pm

2015: Therion was the band that first caught my eye -- they have rarely played the States -- but the "trigger" band that year was Equilibrium.
    2016: I decided I just HAD to return that following year while watching Behemoth on the pool-deck in 2015 and thinking "You just can't SEE metal moments like this anywhere else"...and I've basically booked blindly thereafter, trusting in Andy to book an acceptable lineup...even if he finalizes it a week before the damned cruise. :lol: :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:14 pm ...while watching Behemoth on the pool-deck in 2015 and thinking "You just can't SEE metal moments like this anywhere else"...
    OMGosh YES, the Behemoth topside moment. I had an epiphany that I was on a boat going straight to hell, smoke stacks billowing black smoke at midnight in the back ground. And I was LOVING IT!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:43 pm

2012: My Dying Bride, easily. I found out about the inaugural cruise online on the day it debarked soooo too late for that one. We decided, if UMC did another cruise, we'd be on it. MDB was among the first seven announced and we booked on day one.
    Barge: Also booked immediately. The Hypo cancelation was a major bummer, but the lineup was so deep. Rotting Christ, Grave, At the Gates, Behemoth, Napalm, Lock Up, Morgoth, Possessed, still my favorite cruise of the bunch.
    2015: After missing the 2013 & 14 cruises, I wanted to go back. Booked early, the lineup (imho) overall sucked, so it remains my least favorite cruise. Should've gone to MDF 2014, instead, would've been cheaper and MDB played.
    2016: Best lineup since Barge, had a complete blast. MDB, RC, At the Gates, Katatonia, Vallenfyre, phenomenal. Managed to miss both Bloodbath sets. Once because they conflicted with MDB and once because I was hammered. /sigh
    2018: Just wanted to go back. Ended up being very happy with the lineup with Benediction, Insomnium, Septicflesh, Wolfheart, and October Tide. Had a great time.
    2020: Plan to book, hope it's a good lineup.
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
  • Pigeon
    Wiper

by Pigeon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:00 pm

I had never been before and hadn't given it much thought. Eluveitie and Ne O piqued my interest, but that alone wasn't enough. When Kalmah was announced I booked my flights. Been waiting 18 years to see them.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:57 am

2013: Subway to Sally. It was the favorite band from my girlfiend at that time. For me it was a really real dream to be on board one time since I saw a report on TV. As we heard that Subway will play, my girlfriend said why not going? So we made a dream come true.
    2014: None of these bands. It was the experience 2013. It was the beginning our love to Orphaned Land.
    2016: My Dying Bride, Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, Paradise Lost and again Subway to Sally.
    2020: Undertow would be another dream
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • Marmotte
    Oiler

by Marmotte » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:04 pm

2018: try the experience after seeing the 2017 recap videos
    2019: Twilight Force for me and Eluveitie for my husband
    Whishlist: Powerwolf, Moonspell, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Turisas, Katatonia, Circus Maximus, BabyMetal, Myrath, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 pm

I booked my first cruise in 2015 two weeks before sailing, so I had the luxury of an almost full lineup.
    I just wanted to try it, but the two bands that made me book were NAPALM DEATH and MICHAEL SCHENKER.
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:56 pm

Having heard stories from my friends, I was pretty set on going in 2017, but having Anthrax, Kamelot, and Equilibrium announced before Silver presale made me confident it was the right decision.
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:29 am

2017 Draconian
    2018 Insomnium
    2019 ABANDONED SHIP WEAK LINE UP !!!!!!!!!!
    2020 POTENTIAL FOR GREATNESS !?!? HOPEFULLY !?
    :headbanger:
Post Reply 25 posts Page 1 of 1