Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1
What to do in Cozumel?
    ollyhills
    Crewman

What to do in Cozumel?

by ollyhills » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:40 pm

So I was just wondering, for those of us who have visited Cozumel on the cruise before, how is it? What is there to do? How does it rank among other destinations?
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: What to do in Cozumel?

by metalforever » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:48 am

there is much shopping to do !
    snorkeling

you can tour the ancient ruins !!!!!!!!!!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:10 am

In 2011 , I didn't get off the ship as Cozumel looked touristy and dumpy. Aggressive vendors. Lots had plans to do ruins, touristy stuff, but after long night of partying, most just invaded Senor Frogs.
    There was a Carnival ship docked next to us.... those folks looked miserable and sad :lol:

Hence the "Your boat sucks" chat was first used..
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:14 am

I plan on doing the exact same thing I did at Great Turk: rent an ATV and go explore the whole island :headbanger:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:49 pm

We’ll still be predicting the first announcement date in Cozumel.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:28 pm

ollyhills wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:40 pm So I was just wondering, for those of us who have visited Cozumel on the cruise before, how is it? What is there to do? How does it rank among other destinations?
    Not as bad as Nassau (shudder) or Labadee (blech), not as good IMHO as Grand Turk or --if we get to go there someday -- CocoCay.

I'd like to try to get to Chankanaab Park this time. There are a lot of options, though; it's a much bigger island than Grand Turk.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:28 pm... not as good IMHO as Grand Turk
    THIS! That island is magnificent
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:40 pm

I tore my ACL the year we went to Cozumel, so I didn't get off the boat.

Everyone came back wasted on tequila... like OBLITERATED.

And everyone was either wearing: A) a luchador mask or B) a balloon-penis hat.

I didn't really feel like I missed much but there are probably some good stories too so I dunno.
    :smash:
    13 time survivor
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:47 pm

If I make it onbroad, I'll be offering ShoreSlayer's 10 Year Anniversary Cozumel Brothel Bar and High Risk Escapade Tour!

A mere 1500 Pesos promises you a conversation with a one-eyed bouncer, your choice of two muscular, mustachioed matrons and a glimpse of at least a handful of local pool sharks who will assess the value of your internal organs from across the room within ten seconds of your arrival.

Wear your best flowery tourist shirt for optimal results.

Lasting memories and significant adrenaline surge guaranteed!

Safe and undefiled return to your ship's tender, not so much.

:shots:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:34 am

stoverkill wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:40 pm Everyone came back wasted on tequila... like OBLITERATED.

And everyone was either wearing: A) a luchador mask or B) a balloon-penis hat.
    Oh man, that does sound like fun. I know I'm gonna regret it if I don't go see the pyramids tho.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1