Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: Thank You, Survivors!

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:03 pm

What is at Turks? I got off, walked on the beach, went in whatever restaurants were there and took a look, realized there wasn't shit else, then got back on the ship.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    taraimaro
    Oiler

by taraimaro » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:49 am

cholernik wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:15 am Andy did mention something about the late start for 2019 but I couldn't hear because of the god damn wind. I'm thinking this year was a fluke and we'll be back to "normal" this year.
    It was basically just something like "Shit started happening late this year due to my personal health issues. I know it's not an excuse, but just to give you some kind of an explanation." I'm quite sure he did actually say "shit started happening" instead of "stuff" or "things". :D
    And the announcement for next year was something like "What I can say now is that there will be a Round 11 and that we'll be going to Jamaica."
    2017 - survivor
    2018 - survivor
    2019 - survivor
    2020 - survivor
    2023 - survivor
    2024 - survivor
    2025 - I wanna go already!
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:03 pm What is at Turks? I got off, walked on the beach, went in whatever restaurants were there and took a look, realized there wasn't shit else, then got back on the ship.
    The Margaritaville swim up bar sells it for me... right next to the port.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Somebody posted the Skipper’s thank you
    https://youtu.be/TbczXynff4s
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Thanks for sharing that! I missed the speech and have only heard about what was said second-hand so it was good to hear it from start to finish.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:12 am

Razor Ramon wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:03 pm What is at Turks? I got off, walked on the beach, went in whatever restaurants were there and took a look, realized there wasn't shit else, then got back on the ship.
    Grand Turk has one of the most amazing beaches I've ever seen. And this is coming from a guy that was raised in the caribbean. If you feel adventurous, I encourage you to get out of the tourist zone and see the real village, the real people and the real natural virgin places
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:25 am

cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:12 am
    Grand Turk has one of the most amazing beaches I've ever seen. And this is coming from a guy that was raised in the caribbean. If you feel adventurous, I encourage you to get out of the tourist zone and see the real village, the real people and the real natural virgin places
    I am curious where in the Caribbean were you brought up ? How old were you during those years ?
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am

metalforever wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:25 am I am curious where in the Caribbean were you brought up ? How old were you during those years ?
    I was raised in Venezuela for almost 30 years since I was a baby. We have ridiculous beaches down there
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:31 am

cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am
    metalforever wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:25 am I am curious where in the Caribbean were you brought up ? How old were you during those years ?
    I was raised in Venezuela for almost 30 years since I was a baby. We have ridiculous beaches down there
    It is on my bucket list to visit Venezuela and Puerto Rico one of these days , I have heard many people talk of the beauty there .
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:13 pm

cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:12 am
    Grand Turk has one of the most amazing beaches I've ever seen. And this is coming from a guy that was raised in the caribbean.
    Which beach? I've heard good things about Governors Beach and the snorkeling there, but haven't quite gotten to it yet...and I've been to Grand Turk around six times.

Sadly, the most famous dog in the Caribbean is gone. Topher, the ever-playful, always friendly canine mascot at Jack's Shack, passed away a few months ago. :cry:
    If you feel adventurous, I encourage you to get out of the tourist zone and see the real village, the real people and the real natural virgin places
    Agreed. I hadn't actually seen Cockburn Town (pronounced "Co-burn," but don't tell the Skipper) until a few years ago during a snuba excursion, and it was nice to see a quaint, relatively untouched small town, which also happens to be the capital of Turks and Caicos. Most of the nation's population lives on Providenciales, a much larger island to the northwest.

Mind you, that Margaritaville by the pier is pretty awesome. By far the largest and nicest such facility in the Caribbean, and the pool and stuff are free.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:52 pm

this is a real cool new down to earth interview with the post black metal band .
    Harakiri for the Sky from Austria
    would be great if they can be on 70000 Tons !!!!!!!!!! :death:

Here is the link

https://youtu.be/Dmsr3BwNOcE
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am

Pellaz wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:13 pmWhich beach? I've heard good things about Governors Beach and the snorkeling there, but haven't quite gotten to it yet...and I've been to Grand Turk around six times.
    Check out my pictures from my personal expedition on an ATV in 2018 https://photos.app.goo.gl/pMe10DISj7Sb9fbJ3
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Love Turks!

One of the best beaches/swimming ever!

The Conch at John's Ocean View is awesome! Yum!

Although, finding good or any postcards was a real challenge and that was a massive let down for me. And stickers!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Cardest wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:33 pm
    Love Turks!
    One of the best beaches/swimming ever!
    I love the fact that it's a really laid-back place, with immediately accessible beaches and a big, free pool (at M'Ville). The snorkeling and freediving there by M'Ville is surprisingly good, out where it's deep. The island population is no more than 4,500 so when a ship docks, it doubles. The LAST thing they'd want is someone from a cruise being robbed; it'd kill their tourist trade. There are no hassling people wanting to sell stuff to you everywhere, etc. (Cozumel had some of this, but it was nowhere near as bad as at Nassau. Blech.)

I've said it before, but I'd love to retire on Grand Turk. A fully-furnished ranch house is around US$115,000, and land is relatively cheap...at least for now.
    Although, finding good or any postcards was a real challenge and that was a massive let down for me. And stickers!
    And you CAN get your passport stamped, but it costs $2. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:31 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:01 pmI've said it before, but I'd love to retire on Grand Turk. A fully-furnished ranch house is around US$115,000, and land is relatively cheap...at least for now.
    That's a great idea! Would love to have a beach house there, as well
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 pm

I wonder how many people care about the destination.
    Perhaps Slayergeek could add it as an event, to track attendees.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:56 am

Godflesh wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 pm I wonder how many people care about the destination.
    Perhaps Slayergeek could add it as an event, to track attendees.
    Me personally care a great deal where the destination is, because even if it getting off the ship for a short period of time I feel it should be something worthwhile and memorable in a positive way. Not to sound corny but picture taking keepsake type of thing , to kind of say , hey guess what , I was here and it really was something else .
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:36 am

metalforever wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:56 am I was here and it really was something else .
    As least it was somewhere else, or not:

2011 Cozumel, Mexico
    2012 George Town on Grand Cayman island of the Cayman Islands
    2013 Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos Islands
    2014 Costa Maya, Mexico
    2015 Ocho Rios, Jamaica
    2016 Falmouth, Jamaica
    2017 Labadee, Haiti

2018 Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos Islands
    2019 Labadee, Haiti
    2020 Cozumel, Mexico
    2021 Jamaica
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:58 am

Godflesh wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 pm I wonder how many people care about the destination.
    I don't care one bit. I typically get off the boat and wander around for an hour or so, then go back and take a nap. If there wasn't a port stop, I wouldn't even notice.

It is sorta funny when you tell people you went on a cruise and their first questions is "Ooooh, where did you go?" and my answer is typically "Uhhhhh, I don't remember". They can't wrap their heads around that at all. :lol:
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:32 am

Gratch wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:58 am
    I don't care one bit. I typically get off the boat and wander around for an hour or so, then go back and take a nap. If there wasn't a port stop, I wouldn't even notice.

It is sorta funny when you tell people you went on a cruise and their first questions is "Ooooh, where did you go?" and my answer is typically "Uhhhhh, I don't remember". They can't wrap their heads around that at all. :lol:
    I hate that question, and yes, it's the first thing they say. I always reply it "uh, the destination wasn't the attraction or point of the cruise"
    2020: Survivor
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:48 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:38 pm One request skipper - PLEASE try and return us to our 'usual' time of year of end January / early February.

Even with the superbowl in Miami, I could currently get a return flight to FLL in a few weeks for $1,100.

Cost me $1.5k each JUST to get to LAX this round due to it being peak holiday period :O
    If we were to go at our usual time this year, my flight would be 150$ CAD more per person and I asked the hotel we stopped to what was their rate at the end of January, it was 6 times more. 600$ US a night instead of 100$.
    Nope, I prefer the dates we had for this year. Anyway, Miami hosted the Super Bowl only 3 times since 2000 (including this year), so I don't expect this to be an issue for a bunch of years.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Round X Survivor Feedback Survey

by Andy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:59 pm

Sailors!

Thank you for sailing onbroad Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

I hope you had a great time and enjoyed your stay onbroad. Your opinions and ideas are very important to us and will help us make 70000TONS OF METAL even better in the future.

Please be patient as it may take up to 48 hours for the system to send all Access Codes. If you do not receive yours within the next 48 hours, please make sure to check your spam folder and contact us.

This survey will remain open up and until February 3rd, 2020 at 6PM Eastern Time.

I am looking forward to receiving your feedback and hope to welcome you back onbroad in 2021 for the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Cheers,

The Skipper and the entire 70000TONS OF METAL Team

cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: Round X Survivor Feedback Survey

by cegr80 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Got my link to the survey. Will probably fill it up tonite. Other than the late announcements, I really don't have anything to bitch about
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:39 pm

It was nice to be honest and open with completing that survey , to perhaps illicit positive changes . I always try to water down my thoughts in this forum setting due to some people here do not accept different perspectives very well , but with that survey I did not have to water down the content , they at least seem like they want honest responses because it might affect their business on some levels. I have to feel on guard in this 70000 Forum, due the political correctness of this format does rear its head at times.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:40 pm

metalforever wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:39 pm It was nice to be honest and open with completing that survey , to perhaps illicit positive changes . I always try to water down my thoughts in this forum setting due to some people here do not accept different perspectives very well , but with that survey I did not have to water down the content , they at least seem like they want honest responses because it might affect their business on some levels. I have to feel on guard in this 70000 Forum, due to the political correctness of this format does rear its head at times.
    hopefully this is written in a way that does not generate negative feedback.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:55 pm

I keep returning to this forum for the positive reason of seeing all the different types of ideas that are generated and shared here . I am glad that there are so many different points of views to things !
    It would be very boring if everyone was in 100 % agreement all the time !
    It would also seem that there were no original ideas that everyone just thought like the next person , that would be very unfulfilling .
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:45 pm

I wonder how thoroughly analysed the survey results are?

I do find it disappointing that the results are never published....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:45 pmI do find it disappointing that the results are never published....
    No one publishes them
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:48 am

good morning to all ,
    quick question I notice on the 70 K Facebook page they speak about the artist meet n greets , is there a charge connected to having a picture taken with the artist during those sessions ?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:50 am

metalforever wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:48 am good morning to all ,
    quick question I notice on the 70 K Facebook page they speak about the artist meet n greets , is there a charge connected to having a picture taken with the artist during those sessions ?
    Nope none at all.

Bear in mind that the way they are conducted will vary though.

Some bands will let you get photos taken with each member, whole band whatever. Typically with the more popular meet and greet sessions you might be told 'one photo only' OR 'wait until the the end if you want a photo'.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:57 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:50 am
    metalforever wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:48 am good morning to all ,
    Nope none at all.

Bear in mind that the way they are conducted will vary though.

Some bands will let you get photos taken with each member, whole band whatever. Typically with the more popular meet and greet sessions you might be told 'one photo only' OR 'wait until the the end if you want a photo'.
    as always thanks for your help .
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:56 pm

Gratch wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:58 am It is sorta funny when you tell people you went on a cruise and their first questions is "Ooooh, where did you go?" and my answer is typically "Uhhhhh, I don't remember". They can't wrap their heads around that at all. :lol:
    For me it's
    "Oooh, where did you go?"
    "Cozumel."
    "Huh? Just ONE port?!"
    "Yep. It's a music charter and we don't have time for more. And not too many people really care anyway." :D

It's a shame "cruises to nowhere" are no longer allowed by law. With an extra day for performances they could have more reasonable start and end times for all sets, say starting at noon and ending at 3 am.
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:36 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:56 pm It's a shame "cruises to nowhere" are no longer allowed by law. With an extra day for performances they could have more reasonable start and end times for all sets, say starting at noon and ending at 3 am.
    I never knew that! What a strange law. "foreign flagged ships cannot operate roundtrip voyages from a United States port without at least one stop in a foreign port."

Australia has no such law - bring 70K down here :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:06 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:36 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:56 pm It's a shame "cruises to nowhere" are no longer allowed by law. With an extra day for performances they could have more reasonable start and end times for all sets, say starting at noon and ending at 3 am.
    I never knew that! What a strange law. "foreign flagged ships cannot operate roundtrip voyages from a United States port without at least one stop in a foreign port."

Actually the law is if a ship travels from US port to US port with no foreign stop, they are subject to all domestic laws, including all labor laws. Since Royal Caribbean and all the other companies in the cruise industry would be in violation of many, many, many US labor laws, they can not operate domestically, so at least one foreign port is required.

There is one cruise company that operates a ship that just sails around Hawaii, but they do this by hiring a domestic labor force and following US and Hawaii labor laws.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:20 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:56 pm
    Gratch wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:58 am It is sorta funny when you tell people you went on a cruise and their first questions is "Ooooh, where did you go?" and my answer is typically "Uhhhhh, I don't remember". They can't wrap their heads around that at all. :lol:
    For me it's
    "Oooh, where did you go?"
    "Cozumel."
    "Huh? Just ONE port?!"
    "Yep. It's a music charter and we don't have time for more. And not too many people really care anyway." :D

It's a shame "cruises to nowhere" are no longer allowed by law. With an extra day for performances they could have more reasonable start and end times for all sets, say starting at noon and ending at 3 am.
    most common reply when I say cozumel: "ooOoOOoOO Did you get any diamonds?!"
    2020: Survivor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:14 am

I didn't get diamonds but got a pair of good cuban cigars (Cohiba) :smoking:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:33 am

It was meant to protect ferry operators in "olden times," or so I've read.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:36 am

slayergeek wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:06 am

Actually the law is if a ship travels from US port to US port with no foreign stop, they are subject to all domestic laws, including all labor laws. Since Royal Caribbean and all the other companies in the cruise industry would be in violation of many, many, many US labor laws, they can not operate domestically, so at least one foreign port is required.
    That may be part of it, but if passengers debark a cruise ship in the US after boarding in the US, with no intervening foreign port, the cruise line is fined $200 (or maybe $250) for each violation, with exceptions for bad weather or acts of God, etc.
    There is one cruise company that operates a ship that just sails around Hawaii, but they do this by hiring a domestic labor force and following US and Hawaii labor laws.
    Yes, that's Norwegian Cruise Line and Pride of America. It was featured in an episode of Undercover Boss a few years ago...very enlightening.
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:29 pm

Well, at last I submitted my survivor feedback. I think we can all (or most of us) agree on the general comments I left:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:25 pm

K-Love cruise has been confirmed for Jan 30th 2021 on the indy:
    https://www.newreleasetoday.com/news_de ... ewsid=4556

That means we know for sure that the following dates for the Independence are ruled out:

Jan 16 to Jan 24 - Jazz Music cruise charter
    Jan 30 to Feb 04 - Christian music cruise charter
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 2037 posts