Post Reply 8 posts Page 1 of 1
MegaCruise style Artist Q and A sessions for 70K.
    Bob
    Petty Officer

MegaCruise style Artist Q and A sessions for 70K.

by Bob » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:07 am

This is something I’ve never seen on 70K and hope someday we might have these. They were very interesting and gave insights into the bands and the artists that you can’t find anywhere else. The format was each band would take questions from the audience. A DJ or MC personality would moderate and keep the flow going with their own questions if the audience questions ran dry. Each member of the band was present which I thought was so fun. I went to several of these and they were a highlight of the cruise for me.

Megacruise Q & A lamb of god:
    https://youtu.be/uexDhffgFto

Anthrax Q&A:
    https://youtu.be/31CB7XS_T-E
    Wishlist 2021: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Rotting_Christ-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Suicidal_Tendencies
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Beasto_Blanco-/-Behemoth-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metalachi-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: MegaCruise style Artist Q and A sessions for 70K.

by metalforever » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:21 am

I am a HUGE Megadeth fan 1 :shred:
    Was Dave Mustaine well enough to perform ?
    How is he doing ?
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:51 am

metalforever wrote:
    Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:21 am
    I am a HUGE Megadeth fan 1 :shred:
    Was Dave Mustaine well enough to perform ?
    How is he doing ?
    Unfortunately Dave was not able to attend due to his medical issues at this time, plus the band did not perform as Megadeth. Dave's daughter attended the pre-parties and the cruise. She addressed the guests about Dave's progress and was out and about on the boat. Several of the band members were onboard and available, some played stand in parts in the other performing bands songs and were also available to the guests. I'm not a huge fan of the band so I didn't know them by face, but many people commented on how the band members of Megadeth were available to the guests and really put their all into the cruise experience for everyone.
    Wishlist 2021: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Rotting_Christ-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Suicidal_Tendencies
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Beasto_Blanco-/-Behemoth-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metalachi-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:08 am

thank you for the information , I appreciate it !
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Bob wrote:
    Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:07 am
    This is something I’ve never seen on 70K and hope someday we might have these. They were very interesting and gave insights into the bands and the artists that you can’t find anywhere else. The format was each band would take questions from the audience. A DJ or MC personality would moderate and keep the flow going with their own questions if the audience questions ran dry. Each member of the band was present which I thought was so fun. I went to several of these and they were a highlight of the cruise for me.

Megacruise Q & A lamb of god:
    https://youtu.be/uexDhffgFto

Anthrax Q&A:
    https://youtu.be/31CB7XS_T-E
    I remember attending one of these for Apocalyptica in 2015, so 70k has done them before, but just as random events. I suspect it depends on the band's willingness to do it, and the perception of interest among cruisers. I recall the Q&A being fairly sparsely attended, which may be why they don't happen too often.
    Aether.Realm/Amon.Amarth/Amorphis/Ayreon/Behemoth/Blind.Guardian/Dark.Tranquility/Draconian/Epica/The.Eternal/Freedom.Call/Frozen.Crown/Galderia/Hamferd/Hammerfall/Iced.Earth/Ihsahn/Insomnium/Katatonia/Khemmis/Lor/Manegarm/Moonsorrow/Moonspell/My.Dying.Bride/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Nightwish/November’s.Doom/Omnium.Gatherum/Orphaned.Land/Primordial/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Serenity/Seventh.Wonder/Soilwork/Sojourner/Sonata.Arctica/Swallow.the.Sun/Theocracy/Tribulation/Turisas/Visigoth/Wilderun/Within.Temptation
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:05 pm

It seems that 70000 Tons should re-visit this idea for certain bands , I feel it would be interesting and well received :deathmetal: !!
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:04 am

Blind Guardian did something like this on the 2015 cruise. They held a listening party for their new album and did a Q&A shortly after.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Not this time. Have fun!

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:59 am

Maybe the Q and A can happen on this cruise in place of there not being a Superbowl party this time around ! :death:
Post Reply 8 posts Page 1 of 1