Locked 60 posts
Question about alcohol purchased on broad
    mooyagi
    Captain

Question about alcohol purchased on broad

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:15 pm

In my lazy attempt at searching the forum for this information, I didn't come across it, but if it's been posted, forgive my redundancy. I came across this little nugget on the Royal Caribbean FAQs:

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onbroad (fixed ;)) will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Does this imply that if we buy a bottle of alcohol while on the boat at the shops on the boat, we cannot have it to drink in our own cabins? Not like I'm planning on spending a ton of time getting wasted in the cabin, but it would be nice to have a bottle of vodka available in my room for convenience.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Question about alcohol purchased on broad

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:44 pm

mooyagi wrote:In my lazy attempt at searching the forum for this information, I didn't come across it, but if it's been posted, forgive my redundancy. I came across this little nugget on the Royal Caribbean FAQs:

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onbroad (fixed ;)) will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Does this imply that if we buy a bottle of alcohol while on the boat at the shops on the boat, we cannot have it to drink in our own cabins? Not like I'm planning on spending a ton of time getting wasted in the cabin, but it would be nice to have a bottle of vodka available in my room for convenience.

I need to know this too, :cheers:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • DorothyGale
    Oiler

by DorothyGale » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:49 pm

mooyagi wrote:Does this imply that if we buy a bottle of alcohol while on the boat at the shops on the boat, we cannot have it to drink in our own cabins? Not like I'm planning on spending a ton of time getting wasted in the cabin, but it would be nice to have a bottle of vodka available in my room for convenience.

That is the impression I have gotten from trolling cruise forum boards. I get the port of call alcohol, but the ones bought on the ship seems like a shitty deal.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:51 pm

DorothyGale wrote:That is the impression I have gotten from trolling cruise forum boards. I get the port of call alcohol, but the ones bought on the ship seems like a shitty deal.

That sucks. Guess I won't be buying any alcohol on the cruise. Shit, I just want to share a bottle of vodka with my cabinmates. Bad form, Royal Caribbean.

Edit: I mean at the shops. Of course I'll be schmoozing with the forum folk at the bars.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:03 pm

As somewhat of a cruise veteran (this will be our 4th) I can tell you categorically that you are not allowed drink anything that you buy from duty free on-board or while ashore in Mexico, they keep anything you buy stored and allow you to pick it up from them right before debarking the ship. They want you paying full price for all of your drinks at the bar.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Bunch of assholes, I tells ya. I understand the business side of it (forcing people to buy at the bar = moar profit $$$), but from a consumer side, they can fuck off. I'm not buying anything in their shops then.
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:11 pm

This is going to be the 70000 Tons of Sober. AA will be making cabin calls to hold your hand through the withdrawal process...
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:45 pm

What about room service? Can I buy a case of beer and keep it on ice(they have ice machines right?? like in hotels)
    7 Time Vet.
    Wishlist--Accept,GRIMREAPER!!!,WASP,ArmoredSaint,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
    Exmortus,TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds For those who are sailing with us in honour
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:50 pm

You can probably buy a case of beer, but they'll probably charge you by the bottle, whatever a bottle costs. Let's say it's 5 bucks a bottle, it would cost you 120 bucks.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:53 pm

^^^^^^ :cry:
    7 Time Vet.
    DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:01 pm

That's how it works.
    If you want to save some $$$ I strongly suggest this (again): http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

Received mine last week and they are top-notch. Don't sweat the Über-warnings about not being allowed on the boat if they discover you sneaking booze in your CHECKED LUGGAGE, no way they will boot you off. Worst that happens is they scold you, confiscate your contraband, and send you on your merry way to pay full-price for your drinks with the rest of the poor slobs.

SMUGGLERS UNITE! :heavydrink:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

• SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:05 am

Yeah it sucks ass to be honest, I mean after this cruise who would like to get their booze after the cruise? Nah it suck so much last moses last asshole that i would like to piss in thier faces. but hell its soon departure cant be angry abouth this, its new year =) so happy new year metalheads
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:26 am

SatansWrath wrote:Nah it suck so much last moses last asshole that...

Amazing choice of words! Is that a saying in your neck of the woods or just inspired by your rage? :cheers:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:52 am

Just bring it with you.....
    They won't search our bags right?
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:27 am

bangers wrote:Just bring it with you.....
    They won't search our bags right?

Have a read through this thread http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=766&start=0&hilit=booze

short answer is:

A Bag "search" is unlikely but but possible as all checked luggage is x-rayed, so if you are packing some it better not be in the original bottles.

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:21 am

I guess I can play Bootlegger then. I can buy a 2-4 of beer everyday and people can come buy a pay ME $5 a beer!! MUAAHHH

$10 if you're under 21 ( our drink age is 18 --so I don't care)

:headbanger: :headbanger:
    7 Time Vet.
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:I guess I can play Bootlegger then. I can buy a 2-4 of beer everyday and people can come buy a pay ME $5 a beer!! MUAAHHH

Im 20. I want to drink for this cruise, and i dont want to risk the smuggling - this is starting to become an issue as i still havent figured out what im going to do booze wise. I dont mind paying full price, but i hope they dont pull some shit like not selling me beer because im 20. International water right?

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:I guess I can play Bootlegger then. I can buy a 2-4 of beer everyday and people can come buy a pay ME $5 a beer!! MUAAHHH

Im 20. I want to drink for this cruise, and i dont want to risk the smuggling - this is starting to become an issue as i still havent figured out what im going to do booze wise. I dont mind paying full price, but i hope they dont pull some shit like not selling me beer because im 20. International water right?

You're on-board card/room key that you are issued and use to pay for everything will identify you as under 21. They will not serve you alcohol on the boat. Sorry to be the bearer of that news...

and yes, smuggling is a very bad idea if you are under 21, they may be far less lenient in that case...

• SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:47 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    SatansWrath wrote:Nah it suck so much last moses last asshole that...

Amazing choice of words! Is that a saying in your neck of the woods or just inspired by your rage? :cheers:

Cheers, well you will hear more of were that coming from on the cruise mate=) Nah I just throw in random retarded words in sentances to make the sentances more...."living" so to speak. And I owe you a beer anyways in an old thread I remember so we can have a nice shit chat and I can learn you the necrogeddon legionary words of thy mastered voice of Satanswrath :twisted:
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:50 am

SatansWrath wrote:Cheers, well you will hear more of were that coming from on the cruise mate=) Nah I just throw in random retarded words in sentances to make the sentances more...."living" so to speak. And I owe you a beer anyways in an old thread I remember so we can have a nice shit chat and I can learn you the necrogeddon legionary words of thy mastered voice of Satanswrath :twisted:

As much as I suck at it, I'm all for learning new languages :cheers:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:49 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:

You're on-board card/room key that you are issued and use to pay for everything will identify you as under 21. They will not serve you alcohol on the boat. Sorry to be the bearer of that news...

and yes, smuggling is a very bad idea if you are under 21, they may be far less lenient in that case...

that so fucking stupid- im paying almost 3 grand of my hard earned money for this fucking cruise and i cant drink. i am fucking pissed at this stupid rule. :evil: someone sneak in a pint for me FTW :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:51 am

Yes you can drink in Cozumel at 20. Soooooooooo have a taxi take you to a store and then buy 2 bottles of Tequila
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:02 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Yes you can drink in Cozumel at 20. Soooooooooo have a taxi take you to a store and then buy 2 bottles of Tequila

I want to get drunk ON the boat. I've been to mexico and from my experience its not too much of a good idea to get wasted on land >_< fuck it, ill probably just have to down that tequila right before i get back on the boat :evil:

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:05 pm

I am talking about buying the bottles of booze on land to take back on the boat from Cozumel.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I am talking about buying the bottles of booze on land to take back on the boat from Cozumel.

If you do that they confiscate them upon boarding and keep them until debarkation. They treat anything you buy ashore as if you bought it in duty-free.

Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I am talking about buying the bottles of booze on land to take back on the boat from Cozumel.

we can take booze we buy in Cozumel back on the boat?? i did not know that! NICE! my hero scott :cheers:

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:

we can take booze we buy in Cozumel back on the boat?? i did not know that! NICE! my hero scott :cheers:

Nope, read my previous post. Sorry again...

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Oh they did not do that on the Carnival Cruise I was on in cancun, we drank tequila we bought in mexico in our cabins.

I won't be buying beer/liquor for minors on the cruise because 2 people got "popped" doing that on the Simple Man Cruise and they cancelled their "alcohol cards" and gave them black wristbands which means you are banned from buying booze for the remainder of the cruise. Not to mention if someone hurts themselves and you bought the kid drinks. I could never forgive myself....
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:21 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Oh they did not do that on the Carnival Cruise I was on in cancun, we drank tequila we bought in mexico in our cabins.

I won't be buying beer/liquor for minors on the cruise because 2 people got "popped" doing that on the Simple Man Cruise and they cancelled their "alcohol cards" and gave them black wristbands which means you are banned from buying booze for the remainder of the cruise. Not to mention if someone hurts themselves and you bought the kid drinks. I could never forgive myself....

Hmm, well Carnival does collect (confiscate) any shore-bought booze at the gangway on the cruise we take to Mexico every year.
    and ditto on the buying for minors -baaaad idea.

Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Oh they did not do that on the Carnival Cruise I was on in cancun, we drank tequila we bought in mexico in our cabins.

Hmm, well Carnival does collect (confiscate) any shore-bought booze at the gangway on the cruise we take to Mexico every year.
    and ditto on the buying for minors -baaaad idea.

under 18, i understand. 20 i dont. Im pretty pissed about this. FTW

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Who the fuck came up with the idea of 21 being the drinking age? It's ridiculous. If you are old enough to vote, go to war and get tried as an adult you should be old enough to drink.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:45 pm

mooyagi wrote:Who the fuck came up with the idea of 21 being the drinking age? It's ridiculous. If you are old enough to vote, go to war and get tried as an adult you should be old enough to drink.

your government just trying to protect you from yourself...

ahhh, I only wish I had to worry about not being 21 yet...

consider yourself lucky if you have that to worry about, your day will come soon enough and then you turn f'ing 40...

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Who the fuck came up with the idea of 21 being the drinking age? It's ridiculous. If you are old enough to vote, go to war and get tried as an adult you should be old enough to drink.

consider yourself lucky if you have that to worry about, your day will come soon enough and then you turn f'ing 40...

Though I will say that it made my 21st birthday a whole lot more meaningful. Haven't had a birthday as awesome as that one since (though there haven't really been many) and probably never will.
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer

by metalheadtop » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:52 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

Though I will say that it made my 21st birthday a whole lot more meaningful. Haven't had a birthday as awesome as that one since (though there haven't really been many) and probably never will.

For me it was my 17th birthday that was meaningful. Nothing changed on my 21st birthday.
    I really miss Washington Square on Miami Beach, and The Button South in Hallandale.
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Looks like we have to save an extra $500 for booze on the cruise..... maybe they will let you do doubles on your drinks.... always more efficient in stomach volume and $$$$ that's what I would suggest....

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:Looks like we have to save an extra $500 for booze on the cruise..... maybe they will let you do doubles on your drinks.... always more efficient in stomach volume and $$$$ that's what I would suggest....

Just give a nice tip to the bartender up front, and I'm sure they'll hook you up. I do agree that doubles are a necessity.
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Yeppers! Also... you can try to put down a few before eating much.. you can have a nice buzz.. then eat something... and just sip some drinks to maintain your buzz.... always more of a challenge and money spent if you try to drink lots after you eat... you end up having to drink double.

The only problem with this strategy, is that we will be on a cruise, and you already paid for food, and the food is always frickin' delicious! so it will be hard to drink say before you eat the 'lunch' meal.... by dinner you should be at the shows... we will just have to see how it all works out....

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:Yeppers! Also... you can try to put down a few before eating much.. you can have a nice buzz.. then eat something... and just sip some drinks to maintain your buzz.... always more of a challenge and money spent if you try to drink lots after you eat... you end up having to drink double.

The only problem with this strategy, is that we will be on a cruise, and you already paid for food, and the food is always frickin' delicious! so it will be hard to drink say before you eat the 'lunch' meal.... by dinner you should be at the shows... we will just have to see how it all works out....

Or you just drink as much as possible, throw up from oversaturating your stomach, then you're in the clear to refill it with more booze/food. I should probably write a will before heading out on this thing.
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:57 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:Yeppers! Also... you can try to put down a few before eating much.. you can have a nice buzz.. then eat something... and just sip some drinks to maintain your buzz.... always more of a challenge and money spent if you try to drink lots after you eat... you end up having to drink double.

Or you just drink as much as possible, throw up from oversaturating your stomach, then you're in the clear to refill it with more booze/food. I should probably write a will before heading out on this thing.

LOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a thought! Go find a notary! Might not be a bad idea :D

Then we can call it a Death Metal (Death by Metal), Cruise. :deathmetal: :lol:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

LOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a thought! Go find a notary! Might not be a bad idea :D

Then we can call it a Death Metal (Death by Metal), Cruise. :deathmetal: :lol:

Wouldn't wanna go any other way :heavydrink:
  • Locked 60 posts