Post Reply 4979 posts
Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:34 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Was a good game!

Sure was! Feel bad for Hicketts tipping the go ahead goal over McDonald. He played a hell of an inspired game and must have felt like shit after that. US kids were full value for their win and really poured it on late to keep us from mounting a comeback. Really wish McDonald had stopped that 4th one from trickling in as that really iced it and kept the final seconds from being all they could've been.

mooyagi wrote:Perhaps we'll meet again later in the tournament.

Sure hope so. Would be a great finish. :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:27 am

How do you say 'Suck It USA' in Swedish? :lol:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:09 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:How do you say 'Suck It USA' in Swedish? :lol:

Stupid Sexy Swedish Goalies :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:34 pm

^^^ Haha
    I do like how at an international hockey tourney, in Finland, that the boards and ice are mostly covered with Canadian advertisements.

:cheers:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Marchand, you fucking idiot. Guy gets to wear an A with Krejci injured and he earns himself a 3 game suspension. Enjoy missing the Winter Classic. He was having a great season and had stopped with the shenanigans up to this point too.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Wow.... Swiss misses gave us quite a battle yesterday :shock:

I knew they'd compete but thought for sure we'd play with focus and prevail. Chippy, tough and entertaining game for sure and fun to watch but damn... Result was bittersweet and had to shake the confidence a little. Sucks to lose that all important point that now makes tomorrow's tilt with the Swedes a bit meaningless for them.

Ahh well, bring on the metal round already!! :evil:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:54 pm

mooyagi wrote:Marchand, you fucking idiot. Guy gets to wear an A with Krejci injured and he earns himself a 3 game suspension. Enjoy missing the Winter Classic. He was having a great season and had stopped with the shenanigans up to this point too.

Didn't see what he did. Will have to go youtube it.

Does your guys' HTC only have one question up for the Winter Classic atm too?

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:58 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Marchand, you fucking idiot. Guy gets to wear an A with Krejci injured and he earns himself a 3 game suspension. Enjoy missing the Winter Classic. He was having a great season and had stopped with the shenanigans up to this point too.

Didn't see what he did. Will have to go youtube it.

Does your guys' HTC only have one question up for the Winter Classic atm too?

Clipping. Gave Borowiecki a little flip. https://streamable.com/pmbf

Yeah I only have one question.

Good to see that the US crushed the swiss. Haven't been able to watch the past couple of games due to my work schedule but I might be able to catch the tilt with Denmark tomorrow. Not having DVR sucks.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:04 pm

I actually like the way the NHL puts together and posts these disciplinary review vids

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:32 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I actually like the way the NHL puts together and posts these disciplinary review vids

Yeah I like them too. Sometimes they'll do a video even if there is no discipline handed out.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:18 pm

They only aired 3 of the 4 games here today so I didn't get to record/see the US/Czech game but holy crap, what a pummeling!

Wish I had something good to say about our loss to the Finns aside from it being incredibly entertaining and infuriating haha. Too many penalties both ways but largely too many by one Canadian in particular who also just happens to play for the Canucks. He did put us shorthanded in almost every game of the tourney and a full 6 minutes of brain fart related penalties in today's game alone. Buddy's gotta learn to chill lol

Ahh well, best of luck to the Finns over Sweden. Should be a great battle there. As for US vs Russia, I'll cheer for the underdog as the US appear to have found some killer chemistry at just the right time. Ahh, what the hell, I'll cheer for a US / Finland final with the US losing in OT 7-6 :headbanger:

1st time in 17 years we haven't made it to the semis. This is hard to take :cry:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Czechs were completely overmatched in that one. Wasn't much of a game. :lol:

Watched the 3rd period of that Canada/Finland matchup. Surprised it was only 6-5 by the end of it.

So how many goals do you guys think John Scott will score in the All Star Game?
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 pm

No World Hockey Championship on the Cruise this time round.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:01 am

Sabres fan checking in. I should be easy to spot on the cruise. Our future looks bright but we are not there yet.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Leafs fan right here. Who do you think Drouin will end up with?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:12 pm

elj4176 wrote:Sabres fan checking in. I should be easy to spot on the cruise. Our future looks bright but we are not there yet.

Eichel has been looking good lately.

IcedInferno wrote:Leafs fan right here. Who do you think Drouin will end up with?

Montreal seems to have been making a big push for him but I'm not sure if they're willing to pay what Yzerman wants for him, though they may start panicking soon. If they get him, i hope they give up a lot. Especially since he wouldn't solve their issues this season. :twisted:
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    elj4176 wrote:Sabres fan checking in. I should be easy to spot on the cruise. Our future looks bright but we are not there yet.

IcedInferno wrote:Leafs fan right here. Who do you think Drouin will end up with?

Montreal seems to have been making a big push for him but I'm not sure if they're willing to pay what Yzerman wants for him, though they may start panicking soon. If they get him, i hope they give up a lot. Especially since he wouldn't solve their issues this season. :twisted:

You're thinking just like me, please don't go to MTL unless they overpay. It's not looking good for the kid, he didn't report to an AHL game and now he's suspended. He is not helping his cause, plus he should have stayed in TB. A great organisation, in the sunshine, with a chance to play a long career with Stamkos, Hedman and company. He might now endup in like Arizona or Carolina, or even worst, in Montréal where every single journalist is on you.
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:21 pm

IcedInferno wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

You're thinking just like me, please don't go to MTL unless they overpay. It's not looking good for the kid, he didn't report to an AHL game and now he's suspended. He is not helping his cause, plus he should have stayed in TB. A great organisation, in the sunshine, with a chance to play a long career with Stamkos, Hedman and company. He might now endup in like Arizona or Carolina, or even worst, in Montréal where every single journalist is on you.

Oh shit, just realized that I mentionned Arizona and you're from Arizona. oups... :cheers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:55 pm

:evil: :beerwink: I'm actually at the coyotes game right now. Season ticket holder. Grew up a bruins fan. Still wear my bruins gear when they're in town. :D

Drouin really isn't a fit for the desert. They have plenty of forward prospects. They need some top level d prospects though.
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:53 am

mooyagi wrote:

Eichel has been good but Reinhart has been a nice surprise. Johnson has been solid in goal for us but Lehner is back now. Risto is a beast too. ROR was a great pickup for us. We are a significantly better team this year but the standings aren't much better.

Drouin? I dunno. Sketchy move sitting out to try to force Yzerman's hand. We'll see - maybe it'll work or maybe he'll sit out a while.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:06 pm

mooyagi wrote::evil: :beerwink: I'm actually at the coyotes game right now. Season ticket holder. Grew up a bruins fan. Still wear my bruins gear when they're in town. :D

Drouin really isn't a fit for the desert. They have plenty of forward prospects. They need some top level d prospects though.

The Coyotes future do seem bright, In a few years Domi, Duclair and Strome could be one of the best line in the NHL. And you're right, they don't really need Drouin because of that.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:46 am

Them PPD games!!! I'm in such a suspense, 2 for 2 last two nights with two games yet to be played. Running out of nails to bite :(
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Really good article from John Scott's perspective on the whole All-Star Game thing. The Players' Tribune has some great writers. Fuck the NHL if what he's saying they told him is true. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:02 pm

mooyagi wrote:...Fuck the NHL ...

My quandry is, how do I say fuck you to bettman and the owners/league for this and so much other bullshit when they basically command a monopoly on the talent/entertainment I desire? Aside from refusing to buy their merch and PVRing every game I watch so I can avoid all the commercials they're running/selling/etc, I know of no other way to stick it to them for their crap other than to stop watching their product altogether which I'm loathe to do :bitch:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:15 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:...Fuck the NHL ...

My quandry is, how do I say fuck you to bettman and the owners/league for this and so much other bullshit when they basically command a monopoly on the talent/entertainment I desire? Aside from refusing to buy their merch and PVRing every game I watch so I can avoid all the commercials they're running/selling/etc, I know of no other way to stick it to them for their crap other than to stop watching their product altogether which I'm loathe to do :bitch:

Wouldn't pvr'ing still count towards their ratings. I don't even know how ratings are measured though. There are other ways of watching. ;)

This whole john scott fiasco makes me angry especially after reading what they told him but not to the level where it would make me write off the league. I do truly believe that the coyotes wanted to dump him for legitimate hockey reasons. Hell, he's been out on waivers 3 or 4 times this season for roster flexibility. The timing was bad. It's just a shitty situation but credit to scott. He's handled this all very well.

On a different topic, fyi to everyone in the hat trick challenge: there are questions up for the skills challenge and the all star game so don't forget to get your picks in.
    The Bus From Speed
    Oiler

by The Bus From Speed » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Depressed Flames fan checking in. Debating bringing my jersey since there are two games while I'm abroad and I haven't missed one yet, but either way I'll be easy to find with the good ol' Flaming Snot Horse on my battle jacket.

If anyone has paid any attention at all to my team... We're not even contenders for the cup. Not this year.

We started out shit then kinda picked it up... Now we're on the verge of another losing streak.

Anyway, GO FLAMES GO! See you all in a few days! :viking:
    2016 @ 3312
    2017 @ 8667
    2018 @ ????
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:38 pm

The Bus From Speed wrote:Depressed Flames fan checking in. Debating bringing my jersey since there are two games while I'm abroad and I haven't missed one yet, but either way I'll be easy to find with the good ol' Flaming Snot Horse on my battle jacket.

If anyone has paid any attention at all to my team... We're not even contenders for the cup. Not this year.

We started out shit then kinda picked it up... Now we're on the verge of another losing streak.

That's what you get for taking Dougie from us! :bitch: How's he been doing lately? I know he got off to a really rough start.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:23 am

Yea, right, Flames. I've been asking myself what happened during the offseason, they were such a pleasant surprise last year.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:03 pm

mooyagi wrote:Really good article from John Scott's perspective on the whole All-Star Game thing. The Players' Tribune has some great writers. Fuck the NHL if what he's saying they told him is true. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

Looks like Mike Milbury has decided to take the NHL hardline against Scott in the All-Star pre-game. He's been condescending to the fans, insulting to Scott and the NHL, and derailed the conversation so much that he's not allowing the other commentators to talk about other players. I hope social media fucking roasts him for it.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:31 pm

EvilDan wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Really good article from John Scott's perspective on the whole All-Star Game thing. The Players' Tribune has some great writers. Fuck the NHL if what he's saying they told him is true. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

Looks like Mike Milbury has decided to take the NHL hardline against Scott in the All-Star pre-game. He's been condescending to the fans, insulting to Scott and the NHL, and derailed the conversation so much that he's not allowing the other commentators to talk about other players. I hope social media fucking roasts him for it.

I can't stand Milbury. Someone needs to beat him with a shoe. :P Roenick was annoying yesterday too during the skills competition but I'm also programmed to hate Roenick for trying to get the Coyotes to Seattle. NBC needs some new talent.
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:46 pm

EvilDan wrote:I hope social media fucking roasts him for it.

EXCORIATES... I should have said excoriates... :oops:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:36 pm

And he scores. By actually making a nice hockey play. Suck it, Milbury! :deathhorns:
    The Bus From Speed
    Oiler

by The Bus From Speed » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:33 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    The Bus From Speed wrote:Depressed Flames fan checking in. Debating bringing my jersey since there are two games while I'm abroad and I haven't missed one yet, but either way I'll be easy to find with the good ol' Flaming Snot Horse on my battle jacket.

That's what you get for taking Dougie from us! :bitch: How's he been doing lately? I know he got off to a really rough start.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm leaving tomorrow.

He was doing really poorly until the Flames played Boston. That was the game he really started to shine and he's been doing better and better ever since. Not that it made a difference, looking at our W-L-O :beerwink:
    2016 @ 3312
    2017 @ 8667
    2018 @ ????
    The Bus From Speed
    Oiler

by The Bus From Speed » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:07 pm

Oh, and about the whole John Scott thing... 2 goals and a standing ovation?

2016 @ 3312
    2017 @ 8667
    2018 @ ????
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:30 am

Playoff pool fun time coming soon! All the usual suspects still hanging round to take part?

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:05 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Playoff pool fun time coming soon! All the usual suspects still hanging round to take part?

Depends on how mad at hockey I am come Saturday afternoon. :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:43 am

***EDIT*** Added HTC Link and Group Info***EDIT***

Speaking of which, congrats on the regular season come from behind victory Shaneos! Looked like Mooyagi was running away with it for most of the first half or more of the season then you just crept up and slapped him on your way by. Nice work! I won't talk about my own performance lol. :cry:

Will add to this post as I find more links and create groups but, for now, here's the usual daily Hat Trick Challenge and the 4 round Bracket Challenge. Info for the HTC is the same as it was for the regular season that just passed but I can't remember it right now.

NHL Playoffs 2016 Hat Trick Challenge

Group: 70K Tons of Hockey
    PW: Same as regular season (?)

Samsung NHL Playoffs 2016 Bracket Challenge

League: 70K Hockey
    PW: 70Ktonsofhockey

I always play this one every year and really enjoy it... Canadian based but pretty sure it's open to all

http://fantasy2.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet/hkplayoff16/promo

ESPN / TSN do one that's a bit more complicated but can't find it yet either.

Stay tuned or add any others you think we should add to the list :headbanger:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:53 am

Go Canucks G...

Ah shit :evil:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:19 pm

Sounds like we might get the Coyotes' AHL affiliate in Tucson for next season. Hopefully that happens.

Go Not Blackhawks or Kings or Penguins or Red Wings or Flyers!
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:12 pm

Hey a little late posting but thanks guys. 1st win in the hattrick challenge, plus the Preds had a huge win tonight!!

I've got 1 so far in the playoff challenge, will join the league later.
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
Post Reply 4979 posts