Post Reply 9055 posts
random rejoicing thread
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: random rejoicing thread

by captaingabbeh » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:39 pm

PacNW wrote:Awesome things I've accomplished this year:
      *Peacefully divorced out of a 4 year married relationship that was unhealthy for both of us
      *Left an extremely dysfunctional employer, moved to a new state, found a new job that I like more, pays me more, and is lower stress
      *Bought a 4 unit apartment building; I now get paid about $600 a month to live in my home (lifelong goal!)
      *Successfully transitioned off antidepressants
      *Gained back 10 lbs I lost from stress and antidepressants
      *Going on 70K!!!
    I feel like my entire life has turned a bright new corner in the last 10 months :D

Cheers! Welcome aboard 70K!

Warning, you might get addicted...

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:46 pm

Well 2012 was such an awesome time I swore to myself I would make it an annual tradition. But when booking time for 2013 rolled around I wasn't able to draft anyone from my groups in Seattle or Portland to travel with me, and so chickened out. Then I was in a relationship that progressively extracted most of my money and energy. Now that I'm out of that crap, I decided to jump in the deep end and not care if I knew closely was going.

From what I can tell, only an acquaintance I don't know too well from the Seattle scene is going this year out of everyone I know in Portland and Seattle metal. I think this will be a good challenge for me to will myself into having a good time, challenges or not, and meet new peoples. My hetero-lifemate is really jealous, so I plan to enroll him into my party next year when his financial situation is improved.
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:26 pm

I know two from Portland going. Welcome back! :beerwink:

My random rejoicing is very small. I have been trying to find Halo Top ice cream for a few weeks, I finally did and it was amazing. Was being correct because I ate the pint. :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:20 am

I've heard great things about Halo Top from my friends, I'll have to try some if I get the chance. Congrats on your success in weight loss!

Yesterday I weighed in 3 lbs down from my recent high. Gotta eat harder! I have a big thing of steak and potatoes for lunch today, plus spinach salad. It might seem silly, but adding weight and keeping it on is a struggle for people who are naturally skinny.
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:55 pm

PacNW wrote:I've heard great things about Halo Top from my friends, I'll have to try some if I get the chance. Congrats on your success in weight loss!

Thank you!
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:11 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Handed in the keys at work, new brewery job starting Monday :viking:

Awesome!! :cheers:

Since my August schedule was so front loaded I only have 4 more shifts to work this month :P Then only 3 shifts before Progpower!! :bangers:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:46 pm

I'm rejoicing because...

GNOFF FRIENDED ME ON FACEBOOK!!! :heavydrink: :heavydrink:

Oh, and I'm also rejoicing because there is a big Information Technology security conference being held in San Francisco the week after 70k 2017, and it is looking very likely that work will let me attend and cover the associated costs!!

So if it all works out - fly over for the cruise, spend a week after the cruise in the US, spend another week in San Fran for the conference, fly home and work will cover the costs of my time in San Fran and the flights to the US and back!!!!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:23 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I'm rejoicing because...

Oh, and I'm also rejoicing because there is a big Information Technology security conference being held in San Francisco the week after 70k 2017, and it is looking very likely that work will let me attend and cover the associated costs!!

So if it all works out - fly over for the cruise, spend a week after the cruise in the US, spend another week in San Fran for the conference, fly home and work will cover the costs of my time in San Fran and the flights to the US and back!!!!!!

Shit which one? I should try that on my work :p

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:

RSA Cybersecurity Conference 2017 - every major IT security vendor on the planet practically is going to be there it seems:

https://www.rsaconference.com/events/us17
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:41 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:

RSA Cybersecurity Conference 2017 - every major IT security vendor on the planet practically is going to be there it seems:

https://www.rsaconference.com/events/us17

Aw shiet, looks like a pile of the smaller vendors are gonna be there as well. I spotted my employer among the exhibitors :D

Scheming time!

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:03 pm

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:30 am

Update on my recent bitching regarding our flights to Miami. Finally got our money back from the travel agency for the cancelled reservation (due to Virgin Atlantic changing their schedules so we couldn't make it to our connecting flight). So, while that kinda sucks, I'm happy because Finnair has a campaign for direct flights to Miami. 550 euros per person, which is dirt cheap when they normally go for closer to 800 euros.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:02 am

Dammit. Bought the Finnair flights just now and the price had dropped to 450 euros. :cry:
    Wishlist:
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:23 am

They won't give you a credit for the price difference?

Since May I have been doing a crapton of extra work for no extra pay. Finally I will be making a little more commission then I was before and I do not have to share it !

Deck ? 2020
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:36 pm

I looked up the price the day before and it was 550 euros per person, and when I went to book them I noticed the price had dropped to 450 euros. So I got the flights for the cheaper price. Hence this thread. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:32 pm

Grattis! :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:31 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Got engaged Friday :D

congrats.

are you both on the cruise?

I got Engaged two weeks ago (the 28th)

we're both going to be onbroad hehehehe.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Trading my iPhone 6 straight up for an iPhone 7 with T-Mobile.Paid an extra $100 for 128 gb but for the first time ever I had an iPhone on release date (came by mail ,I would never to the line in store thing).The no headphone jack isn't a big deal ,never charged my phone and listened to music.After making fun of Apple cultists ,I am officially one now ,all praise Jobs!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:26 pm

Just got back from Disneyland. That was a really fun trip. We did the MIckey's Halloween Party event and it was worth every penny.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:44 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Just found out
    Mörk Gryning, Inferno, A Canorous Quintet, Empty & Netherbird
    will play in Stockholm in March, wee
    :deathmetal: :beerhorns: :bmhorns:

Mörk Gryning will play a "Tusen År Har Gått" show and A Canorous Quintet will play live for the first time since 1998
    :viking:

I wish I could go to this one... A Canourous Quintet... SOOOO great
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:41 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Will move to a new flat with my fiancée on Oct 29, time to pack which is not to rejoicing, but finally live together at one place!

:party: :boobs: :headbanger:

Deck ? 2020
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:43 pm

This belongs in both rejoicing and bitching threads but

Since I am drinking one of (2) the (crappy) bottles of wine I got from losing in the casino I will put it here.

Free wine!! :lol: :belly:

Deck ? 2020
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:45 pm

I just passed my road test for my Class 1 license, so I can now drive big rigs. Now if only someone will give me a job. :lol:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:00 am

Silent Civilian (the very unknown band that got me into metal) posted on their social media this weekend that they were still together and thinking about making a new album. I'm ecstatic.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:56 am

Its Friday and the beginning of Halloween WEEKEND!!!! YEAH!

Happy happy Halloween Halloween Halloween
    Silver shamrock
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:09 am

Today I walked in and fixed a broken monitoring system that an old coworker had borked in less than ten minutes. Feels good :)

Also I've officially lost 5 lbs since thanksgiving! :D

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:29 pm

Himsa, who broke up like 5-6 years ago, played a one off show I was able to catch. They still got it! Neck is hell of sore this morning :metalguy:
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:33 am

captaingabbeh wrote:Today I walked in and fixed a broken monitoring system that an old coworker had borked in less than ten minutes. Feels good :)

Canadian Thanksgiving or last years' thanksgiving? hehe

I'm up to 42 lbs lost since the Heavy Mtl. Getting my beach body ready for the cruise hehehe :).
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:43 am

Masterbas wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:Today I walked in and fixed a broken monitoring system that an old coworker had borked in less than ten minutes. Feels good :)

Canadian Thanksgiving or last years' thanksgiving? hehe

I'm up to 42 lbs lost since the Heavy Mtl. Getting my beach body ready for the cruise hehehe :).

Haha, Canadian Thanksgiving! I've been lifting weights and running a bunch more now that I work like 2 minutes' walk from a gym.

Congratulations!

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:29 am

On a short break tonight until next Wednesday! Tomorrow night: Enslaved in Paris :headbanger:
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:20 am

Goin' to a nice place this weekend to attand the wedding of a couple of our fellow forumites/survivors :D :shred: :death:
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:17 am

captaingabbeh wrote:Haha, Canadian Thanksgiving! I've been lifting weights and running a bunch more now that I work like 2 minutes' walk from a gym.

Congratulations!

Congrats to you too :). Even though my way takes a lot of will power (diet) it's still an easy way to do it, but I'm not gaining any muscle right now. That will be for after I'm done getting down to my healthy weight which should be next week hehehe.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:16 am

Masterbas wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:Haha, Canadian Thanksgiving! I've been lifting weights and running a bunch more now that I work like 2 minutes' walk from a gym.

Congratulations!

Congrats to you too :). Even though my way takes a lot of will power (diet) it's still an easy way to do it, but I'm not gaining any muscle right now. That will be for after I'm done getting down to my healthy weight which should be next week hehehe.

Damn, go you! Keeping up the willpower to diet is so hard.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

• alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:13 pm

You'll definitely have an easier time with fat loss (as opposed to weight loss) if you start the weight training masterbas. You'll do better from changing body composition first rather than dropping a lot of weight. Explanation below, pasted something out of a manual I wrote for a hospital's weight loss program. No context, so hopefully it makes sense:

Now here’s the part where it gets tricky. What do you think happens to the resting metabolic rate when a person who is overweight loses some of that weight? It makes sense that it would decrease, as there is less body mass to maintain, but research shows that the decrease in resting metabolic rate is disproportionately high to the amount of weight loss. If a person who is overweight decreases their weight by 10%, their resting metabolic rate can slow by an average of 4 calories per kilogram of body weight per dayiii.

This means that if a 270 lb person drops weight to 243 lb (a 10% reduction) their resting metabolic rate may drop from 2175 calories to 1734 calories per day (a 20% reduction). This is a fundamental concept that we will continually revisit: as you become more active and lose weight, your body will require fewer calories than it once did. This phenomenon is called metabolic adaptation.

Now here’s where it gets interesting. We know now that metabolic adaptation is exaggerated when a very large amount of weight is lost in a very short amount of time. A study published in 2016 followed 14 former contestants on The Biggest Loser. In the 30 week competition, they started at a weight of 327 ± 89.1 lbs, and lost 126 ± 54.78 lbsiv.

With a 6 year follow-up, all but one subject regained some of the weight lost during the competition and five subjects were within 1% of their pre-competition weight or above. However, their resting metabolic rate was 704 ± 427 calories per day below the pre-competition level. So even though the contestants lost fat mass and gained lean body mass, the rate at which they lost that significant amount of weight had a long-term effect on their resting metabolic rate. They were nearly back to square one, but with a significantly increased resistance to weight loss. How successful do you think you would be if you woke up one day at your current weight and found out your body suddenly hung on to an extra 1000 calories each day? Not very!

We can safely say that the 4+ lbs per week of the Biggest Loser competitors was too fast of a weight loss rate, but what rate is ideal? This area is in need of further research, but an 8 year study showed that losing 6% body weight in 2 months is not extreme enough to trigger the same metabolic defense as seen in The Biggest Loser contestantsv.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:37 am

alex_canada wrote:You'll definitely have an easier time with fat loss (as opposed to weight loss) if you start the weight training masterbas. You'll do better from changing body composition first rather than dropping a lot of weight. Explanation below, pasted something out of a manual I wrote for a hospital's weight loss program. No context, so hopefully it makes sense:

(I won't quote the whole thing or the page will get long as hell hehe).

I see what you're saying and I totally agree. I wouldn't even have started this diet it wasn't for knowing a bunch of ppl that did it a few years ago and never gained it back. I was totally against diets before always saying that exercice and eating better was the way to go and for a while it worked perfectly for me. In 2010 I weighted 250, I started doing a LOT of exercice, roller blading, eliptical, weight lifting. I went from 250 to ~200 between 2010 and 2015, which was fine and I felt good, but I still had a lot of abdominal fat. Which was what I decided to lose in August.

So I talked with one of my friends that did the Diet (http://www.idealprotein.com/) and she explained what it was exactly, a protein diet to help you keep your muscle mass but eat away the fat stored in your body. I met the representative of the program and everything made sense. I kept my daily exercice routine, so everything about my day is the same as it was before. I basicaly just eat better and less than I used too. A lot less sugar.

Obviously I can't just go back to what I was doing before as far as food goes, but thats one other good thing about this program, it teaches you what to look for in the food you buy. I'd say I was already half the way there before I started, it just gave me the push I needed to help me over that fence and I don't have any craving for fast food right now even after 3 months of doing this. So I call it a win :).

Time will tell, but looking at my friend that did that, in 3 years she gained about 5 lbs on the 50 she lost over that time, and it was a needed 5lbs because she got too skinny lol.

I'm looking at 160 next week and I look and feel better than ever, my exercice routine got so much easier as I'm lifting less weigth when I do pushups or chinups. Roller blading, I'm beating all my previous records and I also coach hockey, skating on the ice is so much easier.

Oh and I look much better in my swimsuit hehehe.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Purchased my round trip plane ticket to Florida! Got a great price and was able to reserve a Big Seat up front on both flights! Spirit Airline rocks! :viking:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:49 pm

mbob wrote:Purchased my round trip plane ticket to Florida! Got a great price and was able to reserve a Big Seat up front on both flights! Spirit Airline rocks! :viking:

I'm going with Spirit also, got an amazing price, 336$ for both my wife and I round trip from Platsburg. Only an hour drive from Montreal. So that 1 hour drive saves me about 400$ as opposed to getting the flight in Mtl
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:45 pm

They are awesome! I have flown this route the past 2 years and have had no issues with them. 2 years ago both of my flights (from and back to Houston) were with Helstar! Each year I have run into cruisers at the airport.

Masterbas wrote:
    mbob wrote:Purchased my round trip plane ticket to Florida! Got a great price and was able to reserve a Big Seat up front on both flights! Spirit Airline rocks! :viking:

I'm going with Spirit also, got an amazing price, 336$ for both my wife and I round trip from Platsburg. Only an hour drive from Montreal. So that 1 hour drive saves me about 400$ as opposed to getting the flight in Mtl
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:10 am

mbob wrote:They are awesome! I have flown this route the past 2 years and have had no issues with them. 2 years ago both of my flights (from and back to Houston) were with Helstar! Each year I have run into cruisers at the airport.

Masterbas wrote:

All the cruisers I've met so far are from Montreal since this will be my first cruise. So I'm not expecting to meet cruisers at the airport. Or at least not anyone I'd recognize lol.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:18 pm

Masterbas wrote:All the cruisers I've met so far are from Montreal since this will be my first cruise. So I'm not expecting to meet cruisers at the airport. Or at least not anyone I'd recognize lol.

Both years I went I've met cruisers that I never saw before at the airport. Just look for peoples wearing black shirt ...
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
Post Reply 9055 posts