Post Reply 37 posts Page 1 of 1
Pre-cruise beer gathering?
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

Pre-cruise beer gathering?

by elj4176 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:11 am

Last year we got into FL only a day early and missed the pre-cruise festivities. There appears to be enough beer fans to get some sort of bottle share/tasting/crawl together. As a longtime homebrewer and beer geek I would be down to check out some good beers/breweries with other cruisers.

I see there will be a split between Miami and Ft Lauderdale this year since the official pre-cruise party will be in Miami. We are planning to stay in Ft Lauderdale but could make our way to Miami area if that's the way to go. We are planning to visit a few breweries while we are down there so suggestions are welcome.

I can bring some local Ohio beers and probably some of my brews to share. Let me know if anyone else is interested in this sort of nonsense and we'll see if we can get something together.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Pre-cruise beer gathering?

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:29 am

I'd be down for this. I'd love to bring a few homebrews but I'm not sure I wanna chance packing bottles in my checked luggage. Also not sure how airport security would react to unmarked bottles of mystery liquid. I'll probably bring a few cans of Canadian/Ontario craft beers.

We are staying in Miami at the Clevelander for a couple of days beforehand. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the beach parties in Miami were BYO and that things were pretty lenient down there. Would just having a bottle share/tasting at some set time during the beach party be OK? Just trying to think of the easiest way to plan things??? Veteran cruisers/beer geeks may have other suggestions?

I think an attempt at organizing something last year was made. Don't think it went over too well from what I remember because no one could find a suitable location in Fort Lauderdale.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:20 am

Last year didn't go too well indeed. We ended drinking beers with bunch of us in a hotel room.
    I'm up for some brewery touring instead :pound:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Well we can set something up. A pubcrawl of a couple of breweries and maybe do a bottle share at the official party too? I should have some homebrews and some local ohio stuff to share.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:00 am

This year the bottle share event at Funky Buddha was a disaster mostly because none of the people who promised to arrange it with the brewery didn't, so they had no idea of it. The guy in charge at the brewery said they would've gladly set up a table somewhere where we could've had our event and get samples of their brews as well, but that should've been arranged earlier. Same thing with the whole taking over the brewery. They had no idea the place would be packed on a weekday, so they were severely understaffed.
    Me, Einar and Sara ended up sampling 40 or so beers on the evening of the beach party by the pool at my hotel. Got a tad tipsy. :lol:

As for having a beer geek gathering during the beach party, I don't think that's a good idea. Unless everyone agrees to only bring their beers in cans or plastic bottles. No glass on the beach. Not sure if the Miami Beach PD allows drinking outside the beach? Maybe a bit before the beach party in Lummus Park? Or we could ask if the Clevelander could set us a table in some shady corner (let's face it, most of us would still be buying beers even if we had some shared bottles).

I can bring some Finnish and Estonian beers. If anyone has suggestions, I can try and get them. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:57 am

Well - We'll just have to make sure it goes better this time. I'm willing to contact places and see what we can get done. That's a good idea to see if the Clevelander will give us a spot for the bottle share. If they can't/won't then we'll find another location for it. Maybe the Funky Buddha again if we get it setup ahead of time. I can't imagine we would have a large group for this. Less than 15 people probably? I'll have 2 or 3 in my group.

For the pub crawl - I'll find a few places that we want to hit and others are welcome to join us. If it looks like we will have a large group then I'll have to make sure the breweries are prepared. I'm open to ideas and suggestions.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:34 am

elj4176 wrote:Well - We'll just have to make sure it goes better this time. I'm willing to contact places and see what we can get done. That's a good idea to see if the Clevelander will give us a spot for the bottle share. If they can't/won't then we'll find another location for it. Maybe the Funky Buddha again if we get it setup ahead of time. I can't imagine we would have a large group for this. Less than 15 people probably? I'll have 2 or 3 in my group.

For the pub crawl - I'll find a few places that we want to hit and others are welcome to join us. If it looks like we will have a large group then I'll have to make sure the breweries are prepared. I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

So, the Funky Buddha and/or the Clevelander? Isn't there about an hour drive between the two?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:14 am

Memnoch wrote:
    As for having a beer geek gathering during the beach party, I don't think that's a good idea. Unless everyone agrees to only bring their beers in cans or plastic bottles. No glass on the beach. Not sure if the Miami Beach PD allows drinking outside the beach? Maybe a bit before the beach party in Lummus Park? Or we could ask if the Clevelander could set us a table in some shady corner (let's face it, most of us would still be buying beers even if we had some shared bottles).

3 years ago we had so may people out their the police just turned their head and drove away. well, at the beach Pre-Amon party.
    but when you have 500 people all Dressed in black not causing any problems, why make it into something more.
    not saying that will all ways be the case but that was what I had experienced
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:28 am

Nothing is set yet. Just trying to keep options open at this point. It seems most people will be in the Miami area so maybe we'll look for somewhere down that way for the bottle share/tasting if the Clevelander isn't an option.

I'm starting out in Ft Lauderdale so the breweries that I stop at will likely be between there and Miami area.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
  • lateralus
    Oiler

by lateralus » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:25 am

Yes this sounds awesome. I live in Sydney Australia and visit breweries here all the time i love the way different brewers reinvent a beer style.
    Would be very interested in joining
  • lateralus
    Oiler

by lateralus » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:04 am

• MortiiaTheInsane
    Oiler

by MortiiaTheInsane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:02 am

Me and my wife will probably be staying in Fort Lauderdale or Hollywood beach as we are coming the day before. We would be down to drink,crawl or the party with anyone considering not going down to the main party in Miami.
    Wish list:

Battlelore-Amon Amarth-Dargaard-Vintersorg-Wintersun-Ensiferum-Fairyland-Hollenthon-Finsterforst-Ne Obliviscaris-Barathrum-Tristania-Six Magics-Alkonost-Sirenia-Asmegin-Fferyllt-Suidakra-Heidevolk-Manegarm-

Draconian-Haggard-Therion-Equilibrium-Kalmah-
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:43 am

The more the merrier! I'll check out the link you posted.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:03 am

My buddy and I get into Fort Lauderdale around 4:15 PM on Wednesday and will be staying somewhere around the port as well. We plan on renting a car and heading up to Rock and Roll Ribs for dinner then back to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Beach area for any pre-cruise festivities up there.

MortiiaTheInsane wrote:Me and my wife will probably be staying in Fort Lauderdale or Hollywood beach as we are coming the day before. We would be down to drink,crawl or the party with anyone considering not going down to the main party in Miami.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • MortiiaTheInsane
    Oiler

by MortiiaTheInsane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:14 pm

We plan on arriving around The same time. Haven't booked flight yet, waiting on southwest to drop a tad lower. Just booked at the riptide, as I hear chatter of people staying There. We shall see how it goes.
    Wish list:

Battlelore-Amon Amarth-Dargaard-Vintersorg-Wintersun-Ensiferum-Fairyland-Hollenthon-Finsterforst-Ne Obliviscaris-Barathrum-Tristania-Six Magics-Alkonost-Sirenia-Asmegin-Fferyllt-Suidakra-Heidevolk-Manegarm-

Draconian-Haggard-Therion-Equilibrium-Kalmah-
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:25 pm

This is a great idea. I'm down can bring some Local beer. Prob will be staying on Fort Lauderdale also.
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Getting some details together still. Will have some of my beer to share and maybe some stuff from the area. Just wanted to bring this back to the top. I'll update when I know more.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:39 am

Following. :cool:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:32 am

Ok - so it looks like we will be staying near the Ft Lauderdale area for the beer activities. I've put together a list of breweries and a couple of bottle shops to visit. Looking for some feedback on these. Also reached out to a couple of places about hosting a bottle share/tasting for us. I am thinking a group of 15 people max but obviously it might just end up being a few of us. We'll use Uber or taxis to get from place to place. The idea would be:

2/1:
    Stop 1 ~ noon: lunch/beer
    Stop 2~ 3pm: beers
    Stop 3~ 6-7: dinner and beers
    Stop 4: ??
    Bottle share would be where ever we can fit it in and might just be at a hotel room if we can't find a better spot.

LauderAle Brewery
    Khoffner Brewery
    Flagler Village
    Funky Buddha
    Craft Beer Cartel (bottle shop) / Riverside Market (kitchen)
    Gulf Stream Brewing Co
    Laser Wolf
    Gordash Brewing

I'll bring some local Ohio beers and at least one of mine. If anyone wants to hang with us for only 1 stop that's fine too.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:25 am

I would not mind meeting up later that night. We get into Ft Lauderdale that afternoon but will be heading up to Rock and Roll Ribs for dinner. Would love to catch up to y'all later that evening. Can bring some yummies (craft beers) from Texas!

elj4176 wrote:Ok - so it looks like we will be staying near the Ft Lauderdale area for the beer activities. I've put together a list of breweries and a couple of bottle shops to visit. Looking for some feedback on these. Also reached out to a couple of places about hosting a bottle share/tasting for us. I am thinking a group of 15 people max but obviously it might just end up being a few of us. We'll use Uber or taxis to get from place to place. The idea would be:

2/1:
    Stop 1 ~ noon: lunch/beer
    Stop 2~ 3pm: beers
    Stop 3~ 6-7: dinner and beers
    Stop 4: ??
    Bottle share would be where ever we can fit it in and might just be at a hotel room if we can't find a better spot.

LauderAle Brewery
    Khoffner Brewery
    Flagler Village
    Funky Buddha
    Craft Beer Cartel (bottle shop) / Riverside Market (kitchen)
    Gulf Stream Brewing Co
    Laser Wolf
    Gordash Brewing

I'll bring some local Ohio beers and at least one of mine. If anyone wants to hang with us for only 1 stop that's fine too.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:10 am

I would love to get in on this. I think I get in around 4 PM on Tuesday, so after I drop my stuff off (and eat a little!), I'd happily join up/contribute some local Alberta beers.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:38 pm

Oooh this was fun last year, though like Ville said it was small. Also, of those 40 or something beers, the majority were from Einar. He really, really brought a lot of beer. :shock: :beerwink:

I live in Boston now, so I can bring something from New England. If someone has a suggestion, I'll listen. I don't know the beers here that well yet.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:04 am

I think he is planning to stay in the Miami area for his pre-cruise activities but I don't know for sure. It would be great if he wandered up to the Ft Lauderdale area.

Boston area? Hmm - no good beer around there /s

Anything from Trillium would be awesome. Downeast Ciderhouse is oood for those who like cider.

I'll also say that cruisers can participate even if they don't bring anything to share. I think there will be plenty of beer.

Today I'll be brewing the beer I will be sharing.

sara wrote:Oooh this was fun last year, though like Ville said it was small. Also, of those 40 or something beers, the majority were from Einar. He really, really brought a lot of beer. :shock: :beerwink:

I live in Boston now, so I can bring something from New England. If someone has a suggestion, I'll listen. I don't know the beers here that well yet.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:44 pm

elj4176 wrote:I think he is planning to stay in the Miami area for his pre-cruise activities but I don't know for sure. It would be great if he wandered up to the Ft Lauderdale area.

Boston area? Hmm - no good beer around there /s

Anything from Trillium would be awesome. Downeast Ciderhouse is oood for those who like cider.

I'll also say that cruisers can participate even if they don't bring anything to share. I think there will be plenty of beer.

Today I'll be brewing the beer I will be sharing.

sara wrote:Oooh this was fun last year, though like Ville said it was small. Also, of those 40 or something beers, the majority were from Einar. He really, really brought a lot of beer. :shock: :beerwink:

Oh yeah, forgot about that cider. We have that stocked at work sometimes. :P

I just re-read some of the posts and didn't realize A) this is happening in Lauderdale and B) there's already some actual planning going on. Well, if anyone wants to meet up in Miami for a beer swap, I would be interested. I'm staying in Miami and kind of taking it easy on activities.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:08 am

I'm staying in Miami as well, so a beer tasting somewhere there would be cool.
    I can bring some Finnish and Estonian beers and my own black IPA (with cold brew coffee). I'm brewing a West Coast IPA later this week, but probably not going to bring that - unless it's really excellent.
    Wishlist:
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:28 am

Nuts, I wasn't paying attention either. I'm staying in Miami as well, and can bring some Canadian beers.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:47 pm

Well I'm going to post the details anyway for those that are in the Ft Lauderdale area. Probably could just have the bottleshare at the hotel but we'll see.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Well, for the Miami people, do we want to just do a Miami bottle share at Essex House or the Clevelander?

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:37 am

I would be very interested in sharing some local beers. I can bring some Catalan beers and I would be very happy to exchange them for something from wherever you come from. If you can bring beers from bands (Amorphis, Insomnium, whatever) that would be super cool :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:00 am

Oh and I have a question, although I'm afraid I know the answer. Is it possible to get beers inside the boat? Or should I drink them before?
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:12 am

Nope, not really possible to bring them onbroad. If you're staying in Florida after the cruise, you could always ask if the hotel you're staying at after the cruise could hold your beers for you while you're away.

As for band beers, I'll try and find the new Amorphis beer. Haven't tried it myself either yet.

If you can find Edge Brewing's Plutonium Typhoon, Ho Ho Ho, Juggernaut or Pure Decadence I'd be happy. Quite a lot of their beers are available in Tallinn (like the amazing Accidental Jedi, which was on tap in Koht beer bar in December), but haven't seen those. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:16 am

Memnoch wrote:Nope, not really possible to bring them onbroad. If you're staying in Florida after the cruise, you could always ask if the hotel you're staying at after the cruise could hold your beers for you while you're away.

As for band beers, I'll try and find the new Amorphis beer. Haven't tried it myself either yet.

If you can find Edge Brewing's Plutonium Typhoon, Ho Ho Ho, Juggernaut or Pure Decadence I'd be happy. Quite a lot of their beers are available in Tallinn (like the amazing Accidental Jedi, which was on tap in Koht beer bar in December), but haven't seen those. :beerwink:

I'll give it a try. It should be possible.
    Wishlist:

liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:43 am

If something happens in Miami I'd be interested too. There was someone from Calgary, we'd have to coordinate to make sure we didn't bring the same things. :)
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:15 am

Seems I picked the wrong city to stay in. Oh well - we'll still go do our thing and whoever wants to join us can.

Have you had any of the band beers from 3 Floyds? I have been looking for the Skeletonwitch beer without any luck. I did try 'Hopped in Half' which is their beer with Obituary. It was okay.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:54 pm

liser wrote:If something happens in Miami I'd be interested too. There was someone from Calgary, we'd have to coordinate to make sure we didn't bring the same things. :)

There seems to be quite a few Calgarians interested. I won't be able to bring anything since I'll probably just be packing carryon, but I would be more than happy to pay someone back if they were to bring me something to share :)
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:54 am

elj4176 wrote:Seems I picked the wrong city to stay in. Oh well - we'll still go do our thing and whoever wants to join us can.

Have you had any of the band beers from 3 Floyds? I have been looking for the Skeletonwitch beer without any luck. I did try 'Hopped in Half' which is their beer with Obituary. It was okay.

Thanks for reminding me I should book a trip to Chicago.

I'm in for a beer thing. We have some good beers here. Last time we had a "meet up" I shared the Apple Pie Moonshine from our distillery. Liquor is better for a bigger group. Beer for a smaller group.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:08 am

Here are the places we will be trying to visit tomorrow evening and then all day Wednesday. Anyone that wants to join is welcome. Send me PM here or just look for the guys wearing black metal shirts! We may head over to the Riptide too and see what's going on over there. I think my bottle share idea is out since most people who replied here are staying near Miami.

lauderale Brewery
    Khoffner Brewery
    Flagler Village
    Funky Buddha
    Craft Beer Cartel (bottle shop)
    Riverside Market (kitchen and
    Gulf Stream Brewing Co
    Laser wolf
    Gordash Brewing
    RocknRibs
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016