Post Reply 2628 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 Megathread
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 200 Days Until Sailing!

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Phoenix wrote:Calling it now, they never get announced and they leave the "B" hanging in perpetuity. Like Candlemass.

:cry: :evil: :cry:

But yeah, while I'd love it to be Borknagar, I'm afraid of being candlemass'd with this one.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:37 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Calling it now, they never get announced and they leave the "B" hanging in perpetuity. Like Candlemass.

:cry: :evil: :cry:

But yeah, while I'd love it to be Borknagar, I'm afraid of being candlemass'd with this one.

We'll find out soon™ of course. That being said, I listened to their two latest albums and I really like them. So fingers crossed?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:28 am

TPH wrote:1st of June:
    Andy wrote: SOON!

First band revealed on 3rd of Jun...July, sorry.
    So, now we know that 33 days is considered "soon" in Andy's book. Latest post was for the 200 days left, on 16th of July, with the same last word:

Andy wrote:soon!

So, except if being CapsLock plays a role in Andy's perception of time (with him, we never know), we can expect the next update for the 18th, so next Friday :ugeek:

Come on Andy, don't make me look a fucking idiot*.

*Which I am, but that's not the point here.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Surprised to see Gene Hoglan calling out 70,000 Tons as being "the worst part of touring" due to the inability to stay in touch with the main land.

http://www.metalinjection.net/video/ask-the-artist-what-is-the-worst-part-of-touring
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Warphine wrote:Surprised to see Gene Hoglan calling out 70,000 Tons as being "the worst part of touring" due to the inability to stay in touch with the main land.

http://www.metalinjection.net/video/ask-the-artist-what-is-the-worst-part-of-touring

This is their job ,I have heard many such comments and complaints about the cruise from other bands.5 wasted days from guys in Dragonforce because you can't do anything,also being around people that was commented upon.I saw someone in the Facebook group complaining that bands should not stay in their room the whole cruise but many people enjoy the down time and don't want to be around people.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Warphine wrote:Surprised to see Gene Hoglan calling out 70,000 Tons as being "the worst part of touring" due to the inability to stay in touch with the main land.

I guess we can pretty much rule out Dark Angel for... ever... I'm surprised too. I've seen mostly positive feedback from most musicians... some absolutely love the experience. Even Alex Skolnick... I read a blog from him after the first cruise. He was very very apprehensive when they signed on for it, but loved the experience.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:23 am

Downvod wrote:

I guess we can pretty much rule out Dark Angel for... ever... I'm surprised too. I've seen mostly positive feedback from most musicians... some absolutely love the experience. Even Alex Skolnick... I read a blog from him after the first cruise. He was very very apprehensive when they signed on for it, but loved the experience.

Not necessarily; he was on last year with Testament, so we know he doesn't outright refuse to play the boat. Its still possible that he'll be on with Dark Angel, evon if he doesn't enjoy the isolation from the rest of the world.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:08 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

Not necessarily; he was on last year with Testament, so we know he doesn't outright refuse to play the boat. Its still possible that he'll be on with Dark Angel, evon if he doesn't enjoy the isolation from the rest of the world.

I know he was on the past cruise, but he is a hired hand in Testament. Dark Angel is his band, so I think he has a little more pull there. It wasn't a passing comment, he called out the cruise (almost immediately) as the worst part of touring he could think of. I wouldn't count on Dark Angel.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:17 pm

Huh, if it was THAT much of a concern he could put a rider in their 70K contract requiring that their phone call fees and internet charges be waived. Cruise lines CAN do stuff like that. They usually waive internet fees onbroad when a cruise has its itinerary changed and passengers have to make new travel arrangements.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 pm

I can't believe it's almost September with nothing said about public sales yet..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:06 pm

It's the annual "Skipper off festivaling" silence. Minor little nothings, recruit some more bands, next round of announcements!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:14 am

Razor Ramon wrote:I can't believe it's almost September with nothing said about public sales yet..

Yeah. I expected silence... but AFTER public sales had been announced.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:19 am

Next band announcement would be around December 22nd if UMC follows last year's hanging leak magazine pattern,Public Sales should start October 26th with pay in full option only for newbies.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:14 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Next band announcement would be around December 22nd if UMC follows last year's hanging leak magazine pattern,Public Sales should start October 26th with pay in full option only for newbies.

Well, that should keep the casual tourists away....... :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

5 Months Until Sailing!

by Andy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:00 pm

Sailors!

In exactly 5 months you and 2999 other Metalheads from around the World will be onbroard 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, sailing onbroad the Independence of the Seas from Florida to Grand Turk!
    With 60 international Heavy Metal bands, 4 stages including The World’s Biggest Open Air Stage Structure to Sail the Seas, and 3000 metalheads from around the globe enjoying 22 Bars, over 10 dining venues, and 6 whirlpools – two of which overlook the ocean – this truly is a festival experience like no other!

5 months until 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, Round 8 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 5 Months Until Sailing!

by TPH » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:22 am

Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:00 am

TPH wrote:Image

The Twitter account has never been more active (last 6 months) ,I imagine Facebook is similar.I have gotten 6 notifications within the last 24 hours of Twitter posts.At one time you could use this as a band announcement notice (basically all they tweeted) but now not so much.Basically forum is dead not 70k.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:49 pm

I have to say, the people who respond to comments on behalf of 70K on Facebook are top-notch.
    They respond to frustration with compassion, enthusiasm, and humor.
    I'm still laughing about the reply to a guy joking he would kill himself waiting for the public sales: "don't do it man, we need you on board! :D"
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:27 am

deathmetalpat wrote:The Twitter account has never been more active (last 6 months) ,I imagine Facebook is similar.I have gotten 6 notifications within the last 24 hours of Twitter posts.At one time you could use this as a band announcement notice (basically all they tweeted) but now not so much.Basically forum is dead not 70k.

My personal advice: 95% of what's posted on the Twitter account is completely useless, if not more. And Facebook...looks like one day I will have to finally create an account for this shit, but the more I can stay away from it, the better.
    Wacken 2003
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:05 am

Aloha!

After a 3 yr absence from the cruise, I think it's time to make a triumphant return in 2018
    like no one has returned before!!!!

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:32 am

TPH wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:The Twitter account has never been more active (last 6 months) ,I imagine Facebook is similar.I have gotten 6 notifications within the last 24 hours of Twitter posts.At one time you could use this as a band announcement notice (basically all they tweeted) but now not so much.Basically forum is dead not 70k.

My personal advice: 95% of what's posted on the Twitter account is completely useless, if not more. And Facebook...looks like one day I will have to finally create an account for this shit, but the more I can stay away from it, the better.

Eh, mixed bag. Forum still gets band announcements first, but the Facebook page posts regularly about cruise-adjacent things. Whoever runs the 70000tons page does respond to comments a lot of the time though, which is refreshing.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Serious question: Turks and Caicos is in the dead center of the path of hurricane Irma, and it's expected to still be a category 5 by the time it hits there. Has there been any information posted in regards to what would happen to the cruise if the island is severely damaged by the storm? Will it be canceled, or moved to an alternate destination? Last year there were a couple bands onboard collecting earthquake relief donations for Haiti, and it seems like something similar may be in order this year if the cruise goes on as planned. It would be really awesome to see UMC do something official in that sense, regardless of whether the cruise still goes to its planned destination.
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:59 pm

T&C is mostly a tourist destination. Their population is 35,000, and depends a lot on tourist money. Don't underestimate their ability to rebuild quickly. Hopefully the World will help with much needed monetary relief!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:06 pm

9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:17 am

Kind of surprised there hasn't been much said about Ft.Lauderdale or turks here from UMC. Maybe too soon to get correct info regarding how well Turks made out from the storm.. I know it's a few months away, but could seriously change some plans.

Hope any cruisers that live in the affected areas are, or will be ok!!

:beerbang:
    9 Time Vet.
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:30 am

Man that storm was rough. I feel like I spent the past week in and out of Lowes and outside putting up plywood over my windows. I worked myself to total physical exhaustion and now I'm sick on top of everything. Now that the storm has finally passed, it seems all my effort was warranted because my neighbors large tree fell down on top of my backyard fence and deck and nearly destroyed my kitchen window. The window didn't break because I boarded it up. I was standing right next to the window when the tree fell down too so I'm extra happy I took those precautions. I wasn't able to get enough plywood to board up my second floor windows but none of them broke during the storm anyway.

In Florida, 85% of Duke Energy customers are without power currently. I lucked out and had power throughout the storm. I guess living across the street from the power company is good in that regard.

As far as I know, all my cruiser friends are okay and didn't suffer any major damage.

After this horrible exhausting week, I could use a nice announcement. :)
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:42 am

Warphine wrote:In Florida, 85% of Duke Energy customers are without power currently. I lucked out and had power throughout the storm. I guess living across the street from the power company is good in that regard.

As far as I know, all my cruiser friends are okay and didn't suffer any major damage.

Glad you're okay dude! It's gonna be a while before the damage can be evaluated but I hope it's not too terrible throughout Florida.

Yeah, now would be a good time to announce some stuff, for morale.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 am

• Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Warphine wrote:Man that storm was rough. I feel like I spent the past week in and out of Lowes and outside putting up plywood over my windows. I worked myself to total physical exhaustion and now I'm sick on top of everything. Now that the storm has finally passed, it seems all my effort was warranted because my neighbors large tree fell down on top of my backyard fence and deck and nearly destroyed my kitchen window. The window didn't break because I boarded it up. I was standing right next to the window when the tree fell down too so I'm extra happy I took those precautions. I wasn't able to get enough plywood to board up my second floor windows but none of them broke during the storm anyway.

In Florida, 85% of Duke Energy customers are without power currently. I lucked out and had power throughout the storm. I guess living across the street from the power company is good in that regard.

Yea man, that last second east shift kinda screwed a lot of people but made us luck out haha. We have no power still but Stephs parents live right down the road and have power. We live to brew and drink another day! :beerbang:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Awesome news!

Hollywood Beach has a Facebook photos page, and I posted a pic of the Riptide... The tiki hut part is pretty fubared, but the rest of the beach/boardwalk made out mostly ok--some damage to roofs, sliding, trees..

Now, it's time for Canadians to star complaining aboot how cold we get....

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
    9 Time Vet.
    tvrdkvlt
    Oiler

by tvrdkvlt » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:39 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Now, it's time for Canadians to star complaining aboot how cold we get....

pffhaha! I read somewhere Montreal is expecting its first snowfall as early as October!
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Awesome news!

Hollywood Beach has a Facebook photos page, and I posted a pic of the Riptide... The tiki hut part is pretty fubared, but the rest of the beach/boardwalk made out mostly ok--some damage to roofs, sliding, trees..

Now, it's time for Canadians to star complaining aboot how cold we get....

We were talking to Jake at Progpower and I guess Vancouver has had a shit ton of wildfires. Give me power outages, give me cold, but don't take away my fresh air...well I guess depending on where you take that breath here it might be all reclaimed water smell but still!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm

OMG Help us White peoples
    https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/hurri ... er-n800806
    So we can return to bitchin about
    White Privilege
    White Privilege
    :D :twisted:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:04 pm

I know you have to expect the unexpected with UMC, but this is getting just plain odd at this point, is it not? Almost to the 4 month mark with no mention of public sales? First timers will have limited selection and be forced to pay in full at booking.

I have to admit, all of it has toned down my excitement a bit in comparison to previous years. Last year at this time,I had a large cruise playlist that I listened to constantly and was exposed to lots of new and exciting bands. This year, it was like the whole thing started and then derailed before it even really took off. To be this close and to have only a third of the lineup and silence so quickly is a bit deflating.

That said, I'm still looking forward to an amazing time and love the lineup so far. Let's get on with it though!

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Downvod wrote:I know you have to expect the unexpected with UMC, but this is getting just plain odd at this point, is it not? Almost to the 4 month mark with no mention of public sales? First timers will have limited selection and be forced to pay in full at booking.

That said, I'm still looking forward to an amazing time and love the lineup so far. Let's get on with it though!

In economics there is something called 'the law of diminishing return ' basically for the cruise it means selling the few cabins left is more of a pain then the money generated .I imagine from prior years that they know they can sell the rest of the cabins without much trouble ,even if they force people to pay in full.Also you understand this is a total gift to piror cruisers ,they still can book with discounts.Plus everybody at the UMC office does not have to deal with newbies .The 70k staff read Facebook comments was hilarious \ "come on you know how this works" / :lol:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:45 am

deathmetalpat wrote:Also you understand this is a total gift to piror cruisers ,they still can book with discounts.Plus everybody at the UMC office does not have to deal with newbies .The 70k staff read Facebook comments was hilarious \ "come on you know how this works" / :lol:

The man has a point. It's incredibly entertaining and great for survivors who needed more time to get their ducks in a row.

I DO feel very bad for first time cruisers who finally have the chance to experience boat. Unless you know someone that has gone that can refer you to the 70k Facebook group, you don't stand a chance in hell right now.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:39 am

Iconix wrote:Serious question: Turks and Caicos is in the dead center of the path of hurricane Irma, and it's expected to still be a category 5 by the time it hits there. Has there been any information posted in regards to what would happen to the cruise if the island is severely damaged by the storm? Will it be canceled, or moved to an alternate destination? Last year there were a couple bands onboard collecting earthquake relief donations for Haiti, and it seems like something similar may be in order this year if the cruise goes on as planned. It would be really awesome to see UMC do something official in that sense, regardless of whether the cruise still goes to its planned destination.

No way would the cruise be cancelled because of a port not being available.There are extra ports and the only requirement is that you stop with passengers being able to debark.Right now things are quite a mess http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruis ... se-updates ,but by the end of September be back to normal.In the wake of Irma I would say just check your hotel booking and don't make any plans to places like Key West or Marco Island.Those places have major problems.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:26 am

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Downvod wrote:I know you have to expect the unexpected with UMC, but this is getting just plain odd at this point, is it not? Almost to the 4 month mark with no mention of public sales? First timers will have limited selection and be forced to pay in full at booking.

In economics there is something called 'the law of diminishing return ' basically for the cruise it means selling the few cabins left is more of a pain then the money generated .I imagine from prior years that they know they can sell the rest of the cabins without much trouble ,even if they force people to pay in full.Also you understand this is a total gift to piror cruisers ,they still can book with discounts.Plus everybody at the UMC office does not have to deal with newbies .The 70k staff read Facebook comments was hilarious \ "come on you know how this works" / :lol:

I am indeed familiar with the law of diminishing returns, but that concept applies more to manufacturing or production, when deciding how much output you want to have. These rooms already exist and will be sold, so I don't see how it applies here. A better anology would be a very very hyped up video game, where people are lining up outside Walmart at midnight to buy it. There are already enough people at the store to clear out all of the store's stock, but Walmart decides to save the last 20 copies in the locked glass case for the customers to look at, but not buy.

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:07 pm

It's a bit of a shame, really. I spoke to a few people at ProgPower USA who had been highly interested in booking when public sales started, but who have since made other plans with the money they had saved up.
    I'm sure the last few (?) rooms will sell eventually, but like a few others have said, the entire thing IS a bit....deflating.

With the delay in even announcing any more bands, I'm starting to think that our upcoming "B" band will not be Borknagar -- despite the print ad listing them for 70K -- because something may have come up. If so, it would be a double loss to us fans Stateside. :cry:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

The Silence is Broken!

by Andy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 pm

If you will be onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2018, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise, you will receive your BENEDICTION twice! Once on the way to the Turks and Caicos Islands and once again on our way back!

"S"hall we bring another orchestra onbroad?

Post Reply 2628 posts