Post Reply 80 posts
2018 Tours and Festivals
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

2018 Tours and Festivals

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:01 am

I suppose it's time to start a new thread for next year.

...And I'll start with this Draconian Swedish tour in January 2018:

I'm thinking of going to the gigs in Göteborg and Stockholm to celebrate my birthday (January 28th). Which would pretty much rule me out of 70k (which I have decided to skip anyhow). :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 2018 Tours and Festivals

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:56 am

Memnoch wrote:I suppose it's time to start a new thread for next year.

...And I'll start with this Draconian Swedish tour in January 2018:

I'm thinking of going to the gigs in Göteborg and Stockholm to celebrate my birthday (January 28th). Which would pretty much rule me out of 70k (which I have decided to skip anyhow). :beerwink:

:cry: :shock: :cry:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:37 am

Draconian with Heike is a bigger deal for me than the current 70k lineup as a whole, so bands-wise it's more than reasonable to choose that. Obviously 70k is hardly about the lineup, but it is still important. :beerwink:
    I could take a ferry back from Stockholm. That's almost like going on 70k, right? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:27 am

Steelfest just announced their first seven bands. Great that they got Nokturnal Mortum again.

Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:12 pm

ProgPower USA lineup for September 2018......

I'll be there. O'course, I DO kinda live there.... :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Cheers to Nekrobarr for texting me this one earlier today. Been watching the fest waiting for better bands. Looks like we are going to this one! Image

At the Gates
    Carcass
    Monster Magnet
    Pallbearer
    Integrity
    Evoken
    Full of Hell
    Spirit Adrift
    Mayhem
    Repulsion
    Dream Death
    Sumerlands
    Spectral Voice
    All Hell

Three Floyds (IN)
    TRVE (CO)
    Hammerheart (MN)
    Burial (NC)
    Hoof Hearted (OH)
    Burnt Hickory (GA)
    Weyerbacher (PA)
    Yards Brewing (PA)
    Stoudts Brewing (PA)
    Adroit Theory (VA),
    Oliver Brewing (MD)
    DC Brau (DC)
    Phantom Carriage (CA)
    Societe (CA)
    Wayfinder (OR)
    Jester King (TX)
    Broken Goblet (PA)
    Brash Brewing (TX)
    Strangeways (VA)
    Local Option (IL)
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:14 am

Monmisreal wrote:Cheers to Nekrobarr for texting me this one earlier today. Been watching the fest waiting for better bands. Looks like we are going to this one! Image

I went last year. It was a blast. I thought the lineup was good last year. Planning to go again in 2018.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:26 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:Cheers to Nekrobarr for texting me this one earlier today. Been watching the fest waiting for better bands. Looks like we are going to this one! Image

I went last year. It was a blast. I thought the lineup was good last year. Planning to go again in 2018.

Nice. Yea I liked a few bands last year but none enough to make the trip. We'll see you there then! :beerbang:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 pm

....boy, that was quick. ProgPower USA 2018, Days 3 and 4 (Fri. and Sat.) are now SOLD OUT. Only took about 36 hours.
    Second-fastest sellout in the history of the fest. (The fastest was with Fates Warning.)
    2025 Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:57 pm

Hmm...Stonehenge Festival is starting to look quite appealing...

Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:17 am

Memnoch wrote:Hmm...Stonehenge Festival is starting to look quite appealing...

...so appealing in fact that I just bought a ticket. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 am

Memnoch wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Hmm...Stonehenge Festival is starting to look quite appealing...

...so appealing in fact that I just bought a ticket. :beerwink:

At 20 euros? You have no excuse not to.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:20 pm

I just booked a flight to Europe this summer. The plan is to go to Metaldays, Wacken, and Bloodstock. Might even do Metal on the Hill
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:20 am

I guess this one makes 70k 2018 an absolute no-go for me:

Wishlist:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:37 am

Memnoch wrote:I guess this one makes 70k 2018 an absolute no-go for me

Another trip to the States? Swing by Tampa on your way over this time! :beerwink:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:32 pm

Tampa's a bit far away. We're thinking of flying to Atlanta and driving to Tennessee and beercation in NC. No real plans yet other than getting tickets for the festival. I guess round-trip flights from Atlanta to Tampa wouldn't be too expensive?
    Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:52 pm

Memnoch wrote:Tampa's a bit far away. We're thinking of flying to Atlanta and driving to Tennessee and beercation in NC. No real plans yet other than getting tickets for the festival. I guess round-trip flights from Atlanta to Tampa wouldn't be too expensive?

Lowest roundtrip I found was on Spirit at $97....but it's on Spirit. :evil:

Delta had roundtrips at around $150...and you can bring your carry-on for free. (There's a fee on Spirit. :roll: )

I also checked http://www.MegaBus.com, but even assuming you had the time, they don't appear to service Tampa. A pity since they can be ridiculously cheap, as in $2-5 one-way.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:04 am

Finnish melodic death metal act Insomnium will tour North America in the spring. During the trek the band will perform their Winter's Gate album in its entirety each night. Here are the dates:

5/23 Cleveland, OH @ Agora Ballroom
    5/24 Westland, MI @ Token Lounge
    5/25 Joliet, IL @ The Forge
    5/26 St. Paul, MN @ Amsterdam
    5/27 Madison, WI @ High Noon Saloon
    5/28 Des Moines, IA @ Vaudeville Mews
    5/29 Kansas City, MO @ Riot Room
    5/30 Denver, CO @ Hermans Hideaway
    5/31 Salt Lake City, UT @ Liquid Joe's
    6/2 Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
    6/3 Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theater
    6/4 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
    6/5 San Francisco, CA @ Thee Parkside
    6/6 West Hollywood, CA @ Whiskey a Go Go
    6/7 San Diego, CA @ Brick by Brick
    6/8 Santa Ana, CA @ Malones
    6/9 Tempe, AZ @ Club Red
    6/11 Dallas, TX @ Trees
    6/12 Houston, TX @ Scout Bar
    6/13 New Orleans, LA @ Southport Hall
    6/14 Winter Park, FL @ The Haven
    6/15 Margate, FL @ O´Malleys
    6/16 Ybor City, FL @ Crowbar
    6/17 Chapel Hill, NC @ Local 506
    6/18 Halethorpe, MD @ Fish Head Cantina
    6/19 Philadelphia, PA @ Voltage Lounge
    6/20 Montreal, QC @ FouFounes
    6/21 Quebec City, QC @ L'Anti
    6/22 Toronto, ON @ Garrison
    6/23 New York, NY @ The Gramercy Theatre
    6/24 Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:40 am

Watain touring North America with Destroyer 666 beginning in February. This one is a must see for me! (Unless of course one or both of them end up on 70K ;) )
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:12 am

The end of February is busy for me. Machine Head, Kreator, Decibel tour & this one all within 5 days.

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:14 am

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:15 am

Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Holy crap it's been a busy day for tour announcements!

70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Image

The end of February is busy for me. Machine Head, Kreator, Decibel tour & this one all within 5 days.

We might be taking a trip to ATL for that one. It's a Saturday so I don't have to take any time off of work.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:28 pm

Great intel. I'm filling in the concert calendar here a bit more. http://www.wrekage.org/events.php

Sgt. B wrote:The end of February is busy for me. Machine Head, Kreator, Decibel tour & this one all within 5 days.

So, pretty much a normal week for you, then. :lol:

Monmisreal wrote:We might be taking a trip to ATL for that one. It's a Saturday so I don't have to take any time off of work.

Awesome, their timing IS impeccable. They might even have planned a Saturday show here so Florida folks can trek up for it, since they omitted Florida on the tour.

Now I'm wondering how the hell Bloodbath is gonna get from Vancouver to Baltimore in one day? Sure, they can fly it, but wow.....
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:We might be taking a trip to ATL for that one. It's a Saturday so I don't have to take any time off of work.

Awesome, their timing IS impeccable. They might even have planned a Saturday show here so Florida folks can trek up for it, since they omitted Florida on the tour.

How is the venue? I know its where most of the shows go and we almost went one year before PP but the timing didnt work out for us.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:08 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

How is the venue? I know its where most of the shows go and we almost went one year before PP but the timing didnt work out for us.

This will be at the new location of the Masquerade, right in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Use "75 Martin Luther King Jr Dr" as the address; this is the parking garage for Underground Atlanta, which is where the venue moved. Parking is $10 but the garage appears to be fairly secure. Park on the third level; you'll see the walkway over to the courtyard.
    The courtyard is open to the sky (so it's the smoking area) and the three rooms (Heaven, Hell and Purgatory) all open off the bottom floor. Iced Earth is probably playing in Heaven, the largest room. Capacity of around 1,000. Bathrooms are decent (the old ones were NOT) and there is some seating in the back. There is a quasi-secret passage off the courtyard that leads to where the tour buses park.
    The new place doesn't have the archaic charm of the old venue -- a converted excelsior mill -- but bands don't have to load their shit into a basket and have it craned up to the top floor anymore, either. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:14 am

Pellaz wrote:This will be at the new location of the Masquerade, right in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Use "75 Martin Luther King Jr Dr" as the address; this is the parking garage for Underground Atlanta, which is where the venue moved. Parking is $10 but the garage appears to be fairly secure. Park on the third level; you'll see the walkway over to the courtyard.
    The courtyard is open to the sky (so it's the smoking area) and the three rooms (Heaven, Hell and Purgatory) all open off the bottom floor. Iced Earth is probably playing in Heaven, the largest room. Capacity of around 1,000. Bathrooms are decent (the old ones were NOT) and there is some seating in the back. There is a quasi-secret passage off the courtyard that leads to where the tour buses park.
    The new place doesn't have the archaic charm of the old venue -- a converted excelsior mill -- but bands don't have to load their shit into a basket and have it craned up to the top floor anymore, either. :lol:

Good info! We actually just fly up every year. Flight is like an hour so between the time we save there, gas cost, parking costs, and wear and tear on the vehicle we don't bother driving. After you add up the costs it's not that much more to fly and we don't have to worry about the commute at all. This will be the first time we will have actual time in ATL where we aren't rushing to get somewhere though :lol:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:27 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:This will be at the new location of the Masquerade, right in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Use "75 Martin Luther King Jr Dr" as the address; this is the parking garage for Underground Atlanta, which is where the venue moved. Parking is $10 but the garage appears to be fairly secure. Park on the third level; you'll see the walkway over to the courtyard.

Good info! We actually just fly up every year. Flight is like an hour so between the time we save there, gas cost, parking costs, and wear and tear on the vehicle we don't bother driving. After you add up the costs it's not that much more to fly and we don't have to worry about the commute at all. This will be the first time we will have actual time in ATL where we aren't rushing to get somewhere though :lol:

Awesome. If you Uber or Lyft over to the venue, use the address I provided for the parking garage. I don't think you can access the new Masquerade's location from anywhere other than there.
    2025 Wishlist:
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 am

After this year's Hellfest, which was a real low point in their history, I thought I'd never want to go back there.
    Well, today they released the complete line-up:

As usual, most of the headlining bands are useless shit, but fuck they managed once again to pack it with killer bands (Demolition Hammer :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: ). I think I'm going to be in for the 13th year in a row.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Pellaz wrote:Awesome. If you Uber or Lyft over to the venue, use the address I provided for the parking garage. I don't think you can access the new Masquerade's location from anywhere other than there.

Plans might have changed after today. We love IE but Sanctuary was the big pull for us to make the commute. Well see though, might be worth going and sporting a Sanctuary shirt.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:09 am

Guess I'm going to Copenhagen in September...

Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:03 am

Kill-Town Death Fest announced their first band today: Demilich. Not bad. And their ticket sales started at 1200 CET. Already got mine, and seems quite a lot of friends bought theirs too. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:56 am

http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:58 pm

You'd think Joey would have posted this himself... but nope! :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:10 am

klons wrote:

You'd think Joey would have posted this himself... but nope! :lol:

One might think but i've got his back hahaha
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Malaka wrote:Just booked my flights and got VIP PIT tickets to this motherfucker on Memorial Day Weekend at Freedom Hill in DETROIT! :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

You have to go to Detroit since the fucking tour is skipping Arizona. :bitch:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:42 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Malaka wrote:Just booked my flights and got VIP PIT tickets to this motherfucker on Memorial Day Weekend at Freedom Hill in DETROIT! :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

You have to go to Detroit since the fucking tour is skipping Arizona. :bitch:

I have a local show......while I am out of town. :bitch: I am having to travel if I want to see the tour.

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:23 am

Kill-Town Death Fest 2018 is now sold out. Glad I bought my ticket the day they went on sale. :beerwink:
    They've announced 30 of 35 bands so far:
    Demilich, Necrot, Pissgrave, Hooded Menace, Venenum, Blood Incantation, Phrenelith, Grave Miasma, Rippikoulu, Wormridden, Spectral Voice, Reptilian, Triumvir Foul, Taphos, Torture Rack, Cemetery Urn, Necrowretch, Galvanizer, Scolex, Antiversum, Cadaveric, Incubator, Dead Void, Fetid, Deiquisitor, Mefitic, Mortiferum, Sempternal Duck, Hyperdontia, Ascended Dead and Undergang.

That's what I'd call an impressive lineup. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 am

2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
Post Reply 80 posts