User

Malaka

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Phoenix, AZ

Holograms

by Malaka » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:14 pm

I thought I would stir up the hornet's nest here since the broads are pretty quiet lately. There is a new trend in concerts in the form of holograms for deceased musical artists, i.e. Ronnie James Dio, Elvis, Michael Jackson, 2Pac, etc.
Are you for this or against it?
Does it carry on a legacy, or should the dead rest in peace?
Is this good for the fans, or an exploitation / cash grab?
Would you like to see a hologram-dedicated band (like Dio Disciples) on the ship?
Would you like to see just one or two holograms during the All-Star Jam (like Lemmy, Dime, or Cliff Burton)?

I have never seen one, so I have no opinion, but for those who have seen one, please sound off!

:bangers:
User

cegr80

Rank

Petty Officer

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Houston, TX USA

Re: Holograms

by cegr80 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:29 pm

2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701

2019 Wishlist:
Acrassicauda|Alkaloid|Arcturus|AtTheGates|Batushka|BlackCrownInitiate|Borknagar|Candlemass|ChtoniC
DimmuBorgir|Emperor|Ensiferum|Gorod|Ihsahn|Inferi|Jinjer|KeepOfKalessin|MorbidAngel|NovembersDoom
ParadiseLost|Persefone|Shining(Nor)|TheGrindmother|Tyr|Wardehns
User

TPH

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:16 am

To me, this is an insult to these artists, as well as an insult to people that go to see that. This is called a live show for a reason.

It's sad that our heroes die, but that's part of the package we get from the day we are born. Living in the past never leads to good stuff (wow, that's deep bro)
Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
70K 2018 - cabin 8215
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:50 am

TPH wrote:To me, this is an insult to these artists, as well as an insult to people that go to see that. This is called a live show for a reason.

It's sad that our heroes die, but that's part of the package we get from the day we are born. Living in the past never leads to good stuff (wow, that's deep bro)

Pretty much THIS.

I think it comes across as a tawdry money-grab...and I'm hoping people stay AWAY from this in droves. That would send a clear message of "Hey, don't try to pull this stuff again."
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor