Post Reply 513 posts
Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread

by bodomdragon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:52 pm

Bob wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:...

These violent delights have violent ends.

Haha, Westworld phrase, I still can't figure out who the good and the bad guys are in that show.

I liked the first season but found the second one kinda boring... not really stoked for the third.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:18 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:...

These violent delights have violent ends.

Haha, Westworld phrase, I still can't figure out who the good and the bad guys are in that show.

I liked the first season but found the second one kinda boring... not really stoked for the third.

Same here, it's kinda hard to wrap my head around it now since it's so complicated.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:03 pm

General Zod wrote:ProgPower will announce its entire lineup for September of 2019 next week, for both the pre-party and the main festival. Just sayin.

#ProfessionalPromoters
    #Doesn'tShitOnTheirCustomers
    #StillGettingMyMoney

Yep. If Andy is actually waiting for 9/9 to announce cruise #9, we'll know just a portion of the 70K lineup for February 2019...two days after the complete lineup for all four days of ProgPower USA in September 2019. :shock:

At this point 70K really needs to announce twenty or -- even better -- thirty strong, diverse bands as their initial lineup announcement.

08/15 -- Pellaz (Dead Again) :smoking:
    08/20 -- Phoenix :smoking:
    08/21 -- cegr80 :smoking:
    08/22 -- deathmetalpat :smoking:
    08/22 -- Bob :smoking:
    08/23 -- Gratch :smoking:
    08/25 -- mbob :smoking:
    08/27 -- Godflesh :smoking:
    08/28 -- Ti7aNiC :smoking:
    08/29 -- Speedy -- not smoking yet, but time is slipping away
    08/31 -- Amalu
    09/01 -- Bodomdragon, Statsman
    09/09 -- PotatoPotahto
    09/09 -- spooky
    09/10 -- UltimoAviso
    09/14 -- Radashar
    09/18 -- Ehtrivas
    10/02 -- Mr.Kito
    10/07 -- Slayer13
    12/25 -- Shadow Son
    01/28 -- Memnoch
    02/05 -- Bolt_Thrower
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:00 pm

At this point with every theory getting busted,the 9-9 because it’s the ninth cruise doesn’t look too bad.At one time I thought no way would he wait that long but since we are only 11 days away,at least he could make some logical pick.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Agreed!

It's my birthday on Saturday. Did not think even with all the crazy illogical ways the skipper does things, that it would be my birthday with zero news!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:28 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:17 am
    Phoenix wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:At this point, if the first band is not Disturbed, it'll be a huge disappointment.
    Correct. I'll be furious at this rate if I don't get to hear the Greatest Hit of Disturbed on broad in 2019.
    Ti7aNiC wrote: [lots of words...]

Everything is fine. I'll see you all on the boat (but probably not the Aussie's at this rate).
    This is the most likely course of action. It just upsets me progressively more every year how little UMC seems to care about us getting information.

Thankfully, the Canadian dollar has at least not been getting any worse. I've been reminded that the odds of me getting a key MDM band are HIGH, so I'll probably be drawn to book as long as there's a damn announcement before October. Though the AUD slipping makes it unlikely I'll get to see all my Aussie friends which is sad :(
    According to the first-hand information that I got, you'll get at least a couple wishlist bands onbroad.
    Ooohhh don't you feel special, being all in the loop.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:27 am

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:32 am

I need 60 more posts to get promoted to Midshipman status... Who wants to bet which happens first, that or announcements? :cry:
    Perhaps I could tell you some of my theories when an Amazon delivery is one day late?
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:42 am

arivera14 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:29 am Hello guys from Costa Rica, well actually the last Show of Slayer in North America will be October 7th at Force Fest on Mexico, I will be there...

Pura Vida Maes!!! :shred:
    Seeing the Costa Rica crew represent on the upper deck before the shows start always fills my heart with joy.
    You guys are badass!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:51 am

Wow, the forum software update lost displaying the quote originators, in addition to the link to the last post in a thread.
    It’s a disaster forced upon us without warning, without beta testing, and without a way to opt out.
    Well played UMC if your goal is to shut down the forum (3000 users, compared to FB’s 150,000 likes).
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:09 am

Godflesh wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:51 am Wow, the forum software update lost displaying the quote originators, in addition to the link to the last post in a thread.
    It’s a disaster forced upon us without warning, without beta testing, and without a way to opt out.
    Well played UMC if your goal is to shut down the forum (3000 users, compared to FB’s 150,000 likes).
    And at least 50 of them are those Witchtrap sucks accounts.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Starling
    Oiler

by Starling » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:00 am

Congrats to Amalu for guessing today for announcments! :heavydrink:

And happy birthday to Dallas! (I'm not active on here, but I stalk you all...) :twisted:
    2017 Survivor (Cabin 7211)
    2018 Survivor (Cabin 8359)
    2019 Booked (Cabin 9689)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:23 am

We have a winner! Congrats to Amalu! You deserve ALL the pizza in Sorrento's :beerhorns:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:37 am

cegr80 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:23 am We have a winner! Congrats to Amalu! You deserve ALL the pizza in Sorrento's :beerhorns:
    LOL. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. :lol:

Congrats to Amalu!
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:26 am

cegr80 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:23 am We have a winner! Congrats to Amalu! You deserve ALL the pizza in Sorrento's :beerhorns:
    *Comes with a 70 gallon barrel of Tums
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:26 pm

They couldn't wait a few more minutes to announce the first band, so I could at least say I was kinda right because it was on my birthday HERE when they announced it?

LAME!

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:17 pm

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:13 pm

Godflesh wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:52 pm I also think there will be a second heavy-hitter, as I don’t think that SLAYER alone justifies the “you’re going to shit your pants” comments 70000tons have been saying.
    I’m still hoping for JUDAS PRIEST but both at the same time seems a bit much, so I’ll guess LAMB OF GOD, which have been touring with SLAYER all year.
    And DIMMU BORGIR as the 3rd headliner.
    Yep, not even remotely close :P

Accept is big, but not that big. There are certain bands that, no matter what genre you like most, no matter what your taste, everyone would consider them big.

I do not think Accept is such a band (and don't get me wrong I'm not complaining - I love Accept).

But yeah what we've got so far, is Accept, 7 bands that have been on already (4 of which, multiple times).

Serious question - is ANYONE out there 'shitting their pants' over this lineup so far? I'm okay - I've got 5 guaranteed 2-setters already, but nothing I haven't seen before.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:00 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:37 am

Congrats to Amalu!
    So, I was not able to post anything in the forum over the weekend and was just able to read all the great news.

That was some kind of birthday. Some very nice bands that have been announced so far.

Even though you guys seem to have more of a hate-love relationship with Sorrento's Pizza I will definitely want some. Now you make sure to NOT sell out the boat before public sales so I can book my newbie cabin. :heavydrink:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Amalu wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:00 am
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:37 am

Congrats to Amalu!
    So, I was not able to post anything in the forum over the weekend and was just able to read all the great news.

That was some kind of birthday. Some very nice bands that have been announced so far.

Even though you guys seem to have more of a hate-love relationship with Sorrento's Pizza I will definitely want some.
    It's just not particularly good pizza. When Royal Caribbean "cheerleaders" on CruiseCritic call it not much better than frozen pizza or Cici's, that's a pretty low bar. :lol:
    Now you make sure to NOT sell out the boat before public sales so I can book my newbie cabin. :heavydrink:
    Here's hoping!
    2025 Wishlist:
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:14 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:44 pm It's just not particularly good pizza. When Royal Caribbean "cheerleaders" on CruiseCritic call it not much better than frozen pizza or Cici's, that's a pretty low bar. :lol:
    So I've heard. :lol: Does it matter though in the middle of the night after a hard festival day?
    Here's hoping!
    As I've said, I'm quite the optimist. And hey, every year so far as I've understood, there was a public sale and a few newbies manged to get on board.

Question to you experienced cruisers: Will the start of public sales be announced in any form, or will it just open spontaneously some when after Silver sales? If I have a date and time and will make sure to sit in front of my computers with redundant internet access to make sure to be as fast as possible. (Yes, I can be a bit of a nerd and I really want to join you all next year) :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:17 am

Every year I try to avoid the pizza and every year I'm stuck with it a few times because the Windjammer hours don't seem to mesh with my show and food schedule. :roll:

It is actually better than the pizza was on the Majesty, though. Oh boy was that pizza bad.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:33 am

Amalu wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:14 am

Question to you experienced cruisers: Will the start of public sales be announced in any form, or will it just open spontaneously some when after Silver sales? If I have a date and time and will make sure to sit in front of my computers with redundant internet access to make sure to be as fast as possible. (Yes, I can be a bit of a nerd and I really want to join you all next year) :lol:
    It will be announced in advance on all the usual channels - facebook, twitter, the website, here.

Last year there was about 3 days notice given:

2017/09/18 PUBLIC SALES for 70000TONS OF METAL 2018

Attention New Sailors!

The time has come… get ready to book your ticket for Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Mark down the date and time in your calendar to join Metalheads from over 70 different countries on this life-changing event! You don’t want to miss the boat!

Public Sales for 70000TONS OF METAL 2018 will start on Thursday September 21st, 2017 at 12:00 PM EDT (9:00 AM PDT, and respectively 6:00 PM CEST).

etc etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:43 am

Perfect! Thank you very much for the reply.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:36 am

By the way; as announcements are... let's say less then steady, shall we start a "Guess the date of next announcement" game?

I'm guessing next announcement will be shortly before Gold booking opens.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:18 pm

Amalu wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:14 am
    Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:44 pm It's just not particularly good pizza. When Royal Caribbean "cheerleaders" on CruiseCritic call it not much better than frozen pizza or Cici's, that's a pretty low bar. :lol:
    So I've heard. :lol: Does it matter though in the middle of the night after a hard festival day?

Not really. At 4 am, your choices are pizza, those little sandwiches at the Promenade Cafe, and room service...which you might finally receive at 5 am. :D

As I've said, I'm quite the optimist. And hey, every year so far as I've understood, there was a public sale and a few newbies manged to get on board.
    And even if not, people will be selling untaken slots on the Roommates subforum here.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:19 pm

Pellaz wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:18 pmAnd even if not, people will be selling untaken slots on the Roommates subforum here.
    Although I'm travelling with my wife, we would even be okay with the two of us being on board, even if would end up in separate rooms. The most important part is to finally be on the boat. So, yeah that might be an option. We will see with the booking starting today. ;)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:17 pm

Pellaz wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:18 pmNot really. At 4 am, your choices are pizza, those little sandwiches at the Promenade Cafe, and room service...which you might finally receive at 5 am. :D
    Was the late night buffet not open in 2018? In 2017 that was perfect for some late night snacks. They kept the Windjammer open until, umm, late.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:40 am

Memnoch wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:17 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:18 pmNot really. At 4 am, your choices are pizza, those little sandwiches at the Promenade Cafe, and room service...which you might finally receive at 5 am. :D
    Was the late night buffet not open in 2018? In 2017 that was perfect for some late night snacks. They kept the Windjammer open until, umm, late.
    Yes it was. I remember recharging in there the night I willed myself to stay up for Aeternam. My issue with the Windjammer hours is that dinner time tends to fall when I have a string of shows to attend. When I have free time it's always transitioning to the next meal.
  • arivera14
    Oiler

by arivera14 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 am

Godflesh wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:42 am
    arivera14 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:29 am Hello guys from Costa Rica, well actually the last Show of Slayer in North America will be October 7th at Force Fest on Mexico, I will be there...

Pura Vida Maes!!! :shred:
    Seeing the Costa Rica crew represent on the upper deck before the shows start always fills my heart with joy.
    You guys are badass!
    Thank you so much GODFLESH!!! If everything is o.k later today I will take my second trip so...let´s share a Beer on February :whisky:

Pura Vida Mae..
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:15 pm

mooyagi wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:40 am
    Memnoch wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:17 pm
    Yes it was. I remember recharging in there the night I willed myself to stay up for Aeternam. My issue with the Windjammer hours is that dinner time tends to fall when I have a string of shows to attend. When I have free time it's always transitioning to the next meal.
    I thought the WJ closed at around 4 am last year? Which is a lot later than on a "normal" cruise, to be sure. I was annoyed that they closed it between 5 and 7 pm, though.
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:15 pm I thought the WJ closed at around 4 am last year? Which is a lot later than on a "normal" cruise, to be sure. I was annoyed that they closed it between 5 and 7 pm, though.
    That sounds about right. Looks like the sports pub may be open from noon to 2am, giving another option. https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boar ... kers-menu/ Of course, the food is an extra charge there. :evil: Prices do seem reasonable, at least.

Edit: Side note, tried downloading the Royal Caribbean app to see menus and open times but my old ass phone isn't compatible. :roll:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:11 pm

mooyagi wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:35 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:15 pm I thought the WJ closed at around 4 am last year? Which is a lot later than on a "normal" cruise, to be sure. I was annoyed that they closed it between 5 and 7 pm, though.
    That sounds about right. Looks like the sports pub may be open from noon to 2am, giving another option. https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boar ... kers-menu/ Of course, the food is an extra charge there. :evil: Prices do seem reasonable, at least.

Edit: Side note, tried downloading the Royal Caribbean app to see menus and open times but my old ass phone isn't compatible. :roll:
    Be aware that open and close times on a charter will often differ from a regular cruise...and they definitely differ on 70K.
    2025 Wishlist:
Post Reply 513 posts