Post Reply 91 posts
Predictions for the final 10, 2019!
    cowboy71
    Commander

Predictions for the final 10, 2019!

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:06 pm

A bit of fun - who do you think (and/OR who do you HOPE) we will see in the final 10?

To recap, this is the last 3 years, with last.fm listener figures.

Real mix of genres, a couple of big (by last.fm listener figures) bands in Leaves Eyes, Exodus, Kataklysm and Belphegor, and a bunch of lesser knows. A bunch of 45 minute setters, finishing with two 60s.

Triosphere Prog 22200
    Leaves Eyes Symphonic 317300
    Evertale Power 2733
    Belphegor Death 118100
    Psychostick Comedy 75100
    Majestic Downfall Death 3090
    Diablo Blvd Metal 15800
    Revenge Speed 30900
    Kataklysm Death 179800
    Exodus Thrash 365300

Fairly folk/power heavy, again with several bigger bands (Angra, Carcass, Cryptopsy, Manegarm) and a few unknowns. A 60 minute setter towards the start (Angra) and the finish (Carcass)

Manegarm Viking 106400
    Angra Power 276400
    Einherjer Folk 90600
    Cryptex Folk 31400
    Total Death Death 756
    Touch The Sun Metal 51
    Witchtrap Thrash 5744
    Dalriada Folk 33600
    Striker Thrash 11600
    Carcass Melodeath 302200
    Cryptopsy Death 151100

Fairly death-centric, some 'bigger' (but not AS big as 2017/2018) bands (Diamond Head, Arkona, Novembers Doom) and some junk :P
    ALL 45 minute setters.

Dead Cross Punk 3
    Ghoul Death Metal 31800
    No Rasa Death Metal 186
    Fallujah Death Metal 39200
    Incantation Death Metal 54200
    Arkona Folk 108700
    Starkill Melodeath 5354
    Nervosa Thrash 6225
    Novembers Doom Doom 103300
    Diamond Head Heavy Metal 161200
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Predictions for the final 10, 2019!

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:10 pm

My predictions, remembering that the 51st band is guaranteed to be a T. I'm going with 3 bigger names, three small, and four very small.

'bigger' names
    Tyr for the T - Highly possible
    Wintersun - hotly rumored
    Running Wild - wishful thinking!

'smaller' names
    Exit Eden - One of them is on board already!
    Trick or Treat - lead singer is already on board
    Temperance - one of their singers is already on board

Crippers (sub 10,000 last.fm listeners)
    Claymorean
    Dragony
    Brothers of Metal
    Ex Libris
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:48 pm

10 to go!
    Who could they be?

Stat Man would be close to guessing!

Speaking of things 10.....round 10, 2020.
    I wonder what big names will be on that cruise and where the heck we go!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:13 am

don't forget, Cirith Ungol- the bass player Jarvis Leatherby from Night Demon is also their manager, and has been doing shows and fests with them , so make that happen.
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:57 am

1. Annihilator will be on for sure i think.

2. Maybe the Night Demon Announcement will bring Visigoth onboard cause Jarvis is the Manager afaik.

3. Guess a black metal band

4. Guess a stoner/sludge

5. T for Terrorizer or Tankard

6. Cirith Ungol / Slough Feg would be great
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 am

The ‘T’ band will be either TYR, TURISAS, or TROLLFEST.
    Then 2x3 Cripper bands.
    Then a thrash band, perhaps ANNIHILATOR, but hoping for POWER TRIP.
    Then a party band, probably TROLLFEST, unless they’re announced next, in which case it will be TYR or TURISAS instead.
    Then WINTERSUN announced shortly before the running order is published.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:22 am

Godflesh wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 am The ‘T’ band will be either TYR, TURISAS, or TROLLFEST.
    Then 2x3 Cripper bands.
    Then a party band, probably TROLLFEST, unless they’re announced next, in which case it will be TYR or TURISAS instead.
    Like your thinking! Definitely far more likely than mine (mine is a lot of wishful thinking, and mine lacks any death or thrash which are guaranteed to count for at least a couple of bands in the final 10).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:26 am

BTW, TROLLFEST has a hole in their touring between 1/26 and 2/16.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 am

Godflesh wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 am The ‘T’ band will be either TYR, TURISAS, or TROLLFEST.
    Then 2x3 Cripper bands.
    This pretty much mirrors my thinking. I suspect the T band will be Trollfest (based on their touring schedule "hole") but I'd love Tyr or Turisas...or both. (Getting both would replicate the original Paganfest U.S. tour, which was awesome top-to-bottom).

I don't expect all that, though. Andy has to save some names for 2020.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am

Would like to believe that "Black Metal" side is kind of incomplete, and we can wait a big name on that front such as:
    Immortal or Dimmu Borgir.

For the next T, i really hope it is Tribulation or The Crown. (Tyr or Turisas is also OK on my side)
    Fingers crossed for crippers such as: Brymir, Moonshade, Marianas Rest, Perpetual Night, Orbit Culture, Shade Empire.

I also expect Wintersun to be added at the very last minute.

Annihilator and Amon Amarth will be picked for 10th edition imo.

EDIT: I think Arsis will be added to the lineup.
    Last edited by Ethrivas on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:30 am

Ethrivas wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am Would like to believe that "Black Metal" side is kind of incomplete, and we can wait a big name on that front such as:
    Immortal or Dimmu Borgir.

For the next T, i really hope it is Tribulation or The Crown. (Tyr or Turisas is also OK on my side)
    Fingers crossed for crippers such as: Brymir, Moonshade, Marianas Rest, Perpetual Night, Orbit Culture, Shade Empire.

I also expect Wintersun to be added at the very last minute.

Annihilator and Amon Amarth will be picked for 10th edition imo.
    As for the black metal side, I see Immortal as being a pick however I don't see Dimmu being onboard. Im not sure how I would categorize Rotting Christ but I feel there is hope they will be announced.

I was thinking Testament also for the T, idk if megadave has any type of exclusive clause with his boat but if there isnt then I feel this could a viable guess. Also Tyr and Turisas will both be welcomed by myself, I haven't seen Tribulation in years and it would be nice to see them also. Im actually not even to familiar with The Crown but I will be checking them out today.

I think all the hints towards Wintersun are pretty valid. I mean, with my conversation with Jari plus the backup of several other cruisers with similar stories/ apparent inside info I think we can almost bet on this.

Unfortunately I wont be on in 2020 but im psyched for Amon Amarth to be on board then, im pretty sure they will be to. They just finished recording their new album I believe and that would be perfect.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:42 am

Something else I forgot to mention for a rumor/prediction:

At the NYC Suffocation show Sonia from Burning Witches was there. We were chatting a bit and I asked if there was any chance of them being on board. She kinda smiled, took a sip of her drink and pretty much shrugged as if she wasn't at liberty to say. Maybe I am grasping at straws but just thought I would throw that out there.
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 am

My prediction regarding the last 10 bands, taking into account that next year marks the X anniversary (assuming it is a big party with big bands), the next 10 bands would be Cripper Awards, to compete for a quota for 2020
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:43 am

Tyr, Tankard, Tengger Cavalry, or Trollfest
    Annihilator
    Three more Cripper bands, one of which will be Cirith Ungol
    One band some people will consider to be black metal - Venom, Keep of Kalessin, or similar, but NOT Dimmu Borgir.
    Uli Jon Roth
    A band completely out of left field
    One doom metal band
    Wintersun, announced last and the day before the cruise

EDIT: Had Annihilator twice, changed one to Uli after reviewing rumours.
    Last edited by Phoenix on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am

Phoenix wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:43 am Tyr, Tankard, Tengger Cavalry, or Trollfest
    Annihilator
    One band some people will consider to be black metal - Venom, Keep of Kalessin, or similar, but NOT Dimmu Borgir.
    Annihilator
    One doom metal band
    I don't know about Annihilator twice, aha, but otherwise I absolutely agree with Phoenix 100%.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:32 am

Wasn't Uli supposed to be onbroad?
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:37 am

Ti7aNiC wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am
    Phoenix wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:43 am Tyr, Tankard, Tengger Cavalry, or Trollfest
    Annihilator
    Annihilator
    One doom metal band
    I don't know about Annihilator twice, aha, but otherwise I absolutely agree with Phoenix 100%.
    Whoops, messed up when I was doing this lol. 'Twas early.

Maybe my second Annihilator should be Uli, like meshuggah suggested? I remember vaguely some sort of rumour about him being on broad.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Godflesh wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:26 am BTW, TROLLFEST has a hole in their touring between 1/26 and 2/16.
    Also, a new album out on 1/18.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:11 pm

meshuggah wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:32 am Wasn't Uli supposed to be onbroad?
    He has a hole in his tour dates between 1/24 and 2/9, so definitely possible. It's also his 50th anniversary tour.
    I would have thought he would have been announced earlier, for some reason.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 pm

I am still hoping for an alias for a huge band.
    "Please Welcome the Sherrif's of Huddlesfield to 70 2019" Who??
    And Iron Maiden arrives via helicopter as we board the ship.
    Yes, I say this every year.

:party:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:45 pm

If the Wintersun rumor is correct, then I predict 8-9 bands that Razor gives a thumbs down jpg & 1 band with the fireworks gif.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:45 pm If the Wintersun rumor is correct, then I predict 8-9 bands that Razor gives a thumbs down jpg & 1 band with the fireworks gif.
    Haha, I'm fully expecting 10 thumbs downs.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:53 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:01 pm
    Sgt. B wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:45 pm If the Wintersun rumor is correct, then I predict 8-9 bands that Razor gives a thumbs down jpg & 1 band with the fireworks gif.
    Haha, I'm fully expecting 10 thumbs downs.
    Yeah, the likelihood of Wintersun takes a noisedive when you realise its a band on Razor's wishlist :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:40 pm

I think we will get 1 that I own some from, 2 that I will own some from, 6 that I never heard of and at least 1 Florida based band.
    some may overlap
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm

So how many will I thumbs down, meh, or celebrate? Hmmmm..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
  • eddie_beast
    Oiler

by eddie_beast » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:19 am

Last three years a Colombian band was announced in the final 10 and in the last 4 years there was always at least one Colombian band on board, so I guess and I hope there will be at least one Colombian band in the last 10 announcements.
    For the other announcements I hope the T to be Testament and it would be nice to have Symphony X on board as they are touring again later this year.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Compiling some of the more compelling predictions.

Trollfest for the T - New album out, and gap in their schedule
    Wintersun - hotly rumored
    Annihilator - because they are a regular fixture
    Uli Jon Roth - word on the street was he was gonna be on
    Exit Eden - One of them is on board already with Visions of Atlantis
    Trick or Treat - lead singer is already on board with Twilight Force
    Temperance - one of their singers is already on board with Visions of Atlantis
    Dragony - bassist already on board with Visions of Atlantis
    Cirith Ungol - bassist already on board with Night Demon
    Seventh Wonder - cancelled their gig that was on during the cruise so Kamelot could get on board.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:13 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:42 am Something else I forgot to mention for a rumor/prediction:

At the NYC Suffocation show Sonia from Burning Witches was there. We were chatting a bit and I asked if there was any chance of them being on board. She kinda smiled, took a sip of her drink and pretty much shrugged as if she wasn't at liberty to say. Maybe I am grasping at straws but just thought I would throw that out there.
    Burning Witches are already ruled out. Touring with Grave Digger during the cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:55 am

Razor Ramon wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm So how many will I thumbs down, meh, or celebrate? Hmmmm..
    I'm gonna say 9 thumbs-down and maybe one thumbs-up, which might or might not be Wintersun.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:11 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 pm Uli Jon Roth - word on the street was he was gonna be on
    He supposedly said in 2017 he was already booked for 2019.
    Also, the hole in his 50th anniversary tour between 1/24 and 2/9 is damn convenient.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:36 pm

Wintersun won't be on.
    70000 Tons 2019
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm So how many will I thumbs down
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:01 pm

I would like at least one more band from my wishlist. Tyr or Emperor at least. And Wintersun is more than welcome
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Honestly if I can even get ONE more wish list band I'll be happy with the last 10.

Especially if it's Beast in Black. They're super super requested and aren't doing any shows until February 21st, so it's definitely possible.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 pm Honestly if I can even get ONE more wish list band I'll be happy with the last 10.

Especially if it's Beast in Black. They're super super requested and aren't doing any shows until February 21st, so it's definitely possible.
    You are going to lose your shit with anticipation if any of the next ten announcement clues are the letter B :P

Me too for that matter. Beast In Black, Bloodbound, Brothers of Metal are all on my wishlist too. I'd be happy with Blind Guardian as well, but i've seen them a heap of times already.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:44 am

I really hope that at least one of the 10 following bands gets announced:

Seventh Wonder
    Seventh Wonder
    Seventh Wonder
    Seventh Wonder
    Seventh Wonder
    Seventh Wonder
    Seventh Wonder
    Seventh Wonder
    Seventh Wonder
    Seventh Wonder

Fingers crossed!

PS. They could be added as a possibility, even if it is a remote one, for the same reason as Trick or Treat: their lead singer is already onbroad.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:39 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm
    PotatoPotahto wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 pm Honestly if I can even get ONE more wish list band I'll be happy with the last 10.

You are going to lose your shit with anticipation if any of the next ten announcement clues are the letter B :P

Me too for that matter. Beast In Black, Bloodbound, Brothers of Metal are all on my wishlist too. I'd be happy with Blind Guardian as well, but i've seen them a heap of times already.
    Now imagine if Behemoth wasn't ruled out.

I don't think they could announce a B band not on my wishlist at that point :P
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Nice guessing peoples! Lets see how we go with B.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Be'lakor or Brymir is what i wish for but i think it will be Beast in Black.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Ethrivas wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:34 pm Be'lakor or Brymir is what i wish for but i think it will be Beast in Black.
    I will fully be satisfied with either one of these, adding Borknagar
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2023 - 7698
Post Reply 91 posts