Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2019 Running Order

by Gratch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:45 am

Bunch of conflicts, looks like I’ll be missing quite a few I had hoped to catch. Oh well.

I assume Fleshgod’s new album premier will be that closing set, ya?
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:49 am

Gratch wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:45 am Bunch of conflicts, looks like I’ll be missing quite a few I had hoped to catch. Oh well.

I assume Fleshgod’s new album premier will be that closing set, ya?
    It better be. Can't think of a better way to close the boat.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:13 am

Do we know if Fleshgod is playing their new album live, or is it going to be a listening party like what Blind Guardian did a few years back?
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:07 am

ExtraneouS wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:13 am Do we know if Fleshgod is playing their new album live, or is it going to be a listening party like what Blind Guardian did a few years back?
    There were no “listening parties” listed on the schedule.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Exclusive SUBWAY TO SALLY Album Listening Party!

by Andy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:53 am

Subway To Sally's 13th studio album “HEY!” will not be released until March 8, 2019, but Sailors onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will hear all twelve tracks from the album before the rest of the World!

• Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Jamming In International Waters On Board 70000TONS OF METAL 2019

by Andy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:58 am

We are proud to announce that once again we will be having a star-studded cast of musicians from around the Globe jam on board Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL!

Jamming In International Waters will take place on Super Metal Sunday, February 3rd, 2019, and will be hosted by Alexander Krull (of ATROCITY and LEAVES’ EYES) and Charlotte Wessels (of DELAIN). Heavy Metal History will be written once again on board The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

This fan favorite event will feature numerous Heavy Metal hit songs from several genres and is sure to be an event that any Sailor on board does NOT want to miss!

Click Here to see the full 2019 All Star Jam Setlist!

• Andy
    THE SKIPPER

FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE Will Debut New Music Onboard!

by Andy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Due to unforeseeable delays in the studio, FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE will not be ready to play their new album for you as planned. As a very special treat, those of you on board will witness the first live performance of unreleased tracks from FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE's upcoming album, only on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

• Andy
    THE SKIPPER

ELUVEITIE Album World Live Premiere

by Andy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:19 pm

Sailors, we are proud to announce that we will host the exclusive World Live Premiere of Swiss Folk Metal sensation ELUVEITIE’s new album “Ategnatos” onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

To celebrate the upcoming release of their full-length album, ELUVEITIE will perform songs from “Ategnatos” live for the first time ever. We are proud to also host an exclusive listening party so that our Sailors are the only ones who will hear the new album in its entirety before its official Worldwide release on April 5th, 2019.

Will you be onbroad tomorrow?

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: ELUVEITIE Album World Live Premiere

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:34 pm

YOOOO, I'm so here for this!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Ooooh YEAH!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:42 pm

Dragony vs MPE - Dragony wins hands down
    Accept vs Cyra - Accept

Ensiferum vs Dragony/Unleash The Archers Meet and Greet - prob the M&G
    Kamelot vs Van Canto Meet and Greet - Van Canto

Unleash The Archers vs Mayan - UTA

Its gonna be crazy and I'm gonna probably only see a quarter of the sets I'd want to see anyway so all good :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:54 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:42 pm Its gonna be crazy and I'm gonna probably only see a quarter of the sets I'd want to see anyway so all good :P
    Can I interest you in missing Napalm Death or the Return to Roots set for In Vain? :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:58 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:54 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:42 pm Its gonna be crazy and I'm gonna probably only see a quarter of the sets I'd want to see anyway so all good :P
    Can I interest you in missing Napalm Death or the Return to Roots set for In Vain? :P
    SURE :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:30 pm

Won't be making it this year :cry:

see you all in 2020!

and have an amzing cruise!! :bangers:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:23 am

Sailors!
    We're going back to Cozumel, 2020 (so I hear!)

Survivor:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

CHEERS!

by Andy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Survivors!

I hope you had the time of your lives onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 - The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Our duty to work tireless hours for the weeks leading up to the cruise is rewarded by watching you indulge in the live concerts, electric atmosphere and all of the other treats which made #70000TONS2019 the year’s biggest and best party.

Now it’s our turn to raise our glasses, and we toast YOU for joining us onbroad… we wish you safe travels, and hope to see you all back onbroad in 2020!

Cheers,

The Skipper, and Your #70000TONS OF METAL Team!

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: CHEERS!

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Was impressed with how smooth most things went. Embarking and disembarking especially so!

Hopefully will return in 2020 - if only so I can get a shiny black seapass card :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:14 pm Was impressed with how smooth most things went. Embarking and disembarking especially so!
    Same here. Showed up at 11 and were on the boat at noon.

Walked right off this morning and got through customs with barely a wait, maybe 15 minutes total. Much better than the nearly 2.5 hours we waited in line year before last.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • zboy
    Oiler

by zboy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:05 am

Fantastic!!! Unreal how efficient soundchecks were, down to a science with time management... huge thanks to skipper and staff, for all you do, see you next year
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:20 am

Just a few random notes. I'm sure we'll discuss much more as the post-cruise blues wear off.

Aside from a couple of sound issues here and there, things went very well. The rain delay was unfortunate on Day 2 but not much you can do about it. I was quite impressed that things finally started on time Day 1. Kudos to the 70K crew, you did a great job this year.

Can't say anything about the main merch area but I did get my festival shirt up on in the Solarium. Took a while for the line to move, though. The extra shop with the old 70K merch was a nice add in case anyone missed out on previous years.

The new additions to the ship were nice. I quite enjoyed the waterslides and the ramen at Izumi was excellent. Playmakers was my favorite bar and it was a much better spot than the Labyrinth for karaoke. The candy shop was an upgrade over the cupcakes, too. I loved the idea of the cupcakes but they really weren't all that good. Fancy dinner was tasty and fun as usual, but the Windjammer was pretty bad. Luckily, I only needed to go there once for dinner. The Royal Caribbean crew were great although we only got 1 towel animal the whole cruise.

All in all, this was a good cruise. The lineup was decent but nothing special. Hopefully I get some top level wishlist bands next time. I say every year that I'm not going to come back but who am I kidding? See you all in a year. :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:55 pm

Not sure where this bit of news belongs, but it’s an awesome story that deserves to be told.

I was at Andy’s press conference at the end of the cruise and got to ask a question.

My question was this:

Given the challenging wind and weather conditions when we left Miami, how in the hell did you guys build the pool stage deck on time.

His answer was not what I expected. This is an not an exact quote, but it’s a summary of his answer.

We turned the ship around and sailed in the wrong direction for 3 hours. This allowed us to counter the winds and was done as much for the safety of the crew building the stage, as well as giving us the opportunity to get the stage ready on time.

This move was not without financial implications. Sailing in the wrong direction and then speeding up to make it to Labadee on time was expensive in terms of fuel consumption. These extra expenses will have to paid for by UMC, but it was worth it for the safety of the crew and to help start off the cruise running as smoothly as possible.

Thank you Andy for all that you do to make sure the cruise goes off as awesome as it always does.
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Dick
    Oiler

by Dick » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:02 pm

Fun stuff, as usual. I always feel empty when I leave, though. Like the fun is over and I have to go back to my boring, regular life. Already can't wait until next year.
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Had a great time once again. Getting on and off the boat was amazingly fast. Lineup was not good for us this year at all. Highlights were Obituary, Neo, Unleash the Archers, Night Demon, Accept. Think I saw some of you over the coarse of the trip. Didn't say Hi as I am not very active here.
    Probably not doing next year for several reasons. Right after the holidays will be tough. We are doing MegaCruise in October. The whole announcement thing that happens pisses me off. I won't even think of booking until most of the lineup is announced. Which means I would have to buy on the secondary market. Might be back in 2021, who knows.
    Dragonslayer
    Wiper

by Dragonslayer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:26 am

It was a blast being on board with Dragony this year!

Big shout out & thanks to Andy for bringing us on board and the OUTSTANDING crew, especially on the stages. Incredibly nice and competent, soundchecks were a breeze and performances fun!

And of course a big thanks to everyone who showed up for our sets... in particular the guys initiating a circle pit in the Ice Rink :D

Take care everyone, and enjoy the cruise again in 2020!
    https://www.facebook.com/visionsofatlantisofficial/
    www.dragony.net
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:21 am

Malaka wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:29 pm
    slayergeek wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:55 pm Not sure where this bit of news belongs, but it’s an awesome story that deserves to be told.

I was at Andy’s press conference at the end of the cruise and got to ask a question.

My question was this:

Given the challenging wind and weather conditions when we left Miami, how in the hell did you guys build the pool stage deck on time.

His answer was not what I expected. This is an not an exact quote, but it’s a summary of his answer.

We turned the ship around and sailed in the wrong direction for 3 hours. This allowed us to counter the winds and was done as much for the safety of the crew building the stage, as well as giving us the opportunity to get the stage ready on time.

This move was not without financial implications. Sailing in the wrong direction and then speeding up to make it to Labadee on time was expensive in terms of fuel consumption. These extra expenses will have to paid for by UMC, but it was worth it for the safety of the crew and to help start off the cruise running as smoothly as possible.

Thank you Andy for all that you do to make sure the cruise goes off as awesome as it always does.
    Wait a minute... You went to a press conference where you had an opportunity to ask Andy a question, and with all the conjecture regarding the lapse in band announcements, and the overall disdain for the timing of announcements, you asked him about the fucking wind?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Well played man. :D
    Yea, I pitched him a softball question. I am not press and did not want to crash the party and be a dick. I was expecting a softball answer "Due to the hard work of my dedicated crew". I got so much more than I was expecting.

Also once on board, the announcement issues are quickly forgiven. Especially since the late announcements were pretty good choices in general, at least for me.

He has been asked about announcements in previous years, this was my 3rd year attending the last day press briefing. He acknowledges the issue, promises to do better, and then we have the same issues the following year. Maybe I would have been surprised by his answer if I would have asked, but I was more curious to hear the answer that I got.

Feel free to show up next year and ask him yourself. I don't want a mob to descend on the press conference and force them to start check credentials before letting people enter, but an extra 2 or 3 cruisers at this event would not be unwelcome, at least that is my impression.
    Survivor

WishList
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Thank You To All Survivors From 73 Nations!

by Andy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:18 am

Survivors!

Let me take this opportunity to thank all of you for making 70000TONS OF METAL 2019, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise once again such a success!

Thank you to our Survivors from around the globe! This year we welcomed sailors from 73 Countries! All you Survivors from ANDORRA, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BOLIVIA, BRAZIL, BULGARIA, CANADA, CHILE, CHINA, COLOMBIA, COSTA RICA, CROATIA, CUBA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC,
    ECUADOR, EL SALVADOR, ESTONIA, FAROE ISLANDS, FINLAND, FRANCE, GEORGIA, GERMANY, GREECE, GUATEMALA, HONDURAS, HONG KONG, HUNGARY, ICELAND, INDIA, IRAN, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, LATVIA, LEBANON, LUXEMBOURG, MEXICO, NAMIBIA, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NICARAGUA, NORWAY, PALAU, PANAMA, PERU, POLAND, PORTUGAL, PUERTO RICO, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SINGAPORE, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SRI LANKA, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, SYRIA, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, TURKEY, UKRAINE, UNITED KINGDOM, URUGUAY, USA, UZBEKISTAN and VENEZUELA made 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 once again truly feel like the United Nations Of Heavy Metal At Sea!

A special Thank You to all the members of my incredible crew – you are truly the greatest in the world!

A big Thank You to CMM, all journalists and overall, our Media Partners: Aardschok, BraveWords, Burrn, Metal Hammer Germany, Metal Hammer UK, Metallian, Roadie Crew, Mariskal Rock, and Scream Magazine for spreading the word!

Thank You to Royal Caribbean International and the entire Crew of Independence of the Seas for having us onbroad!

Thank You to all companies who worked here with us: Mountain Productions, Eighth Day Sound, Jonas Productions, Cat Entertainment Systems, and Event Operations Group.

And a very special Thank You to all Volunteers of 70000TONS OF METAL 2019!

Last but not least, Thank You to all the Artists and their Crew for 121 fantastic live performances including Jamming In International Waters, the Clinics, holding all the Meet & Greets and Signing Sessions and participating in all the other Special Events!

Have a safe return home!

Survivors! I am looking forward to welcoming you back onbroad for Round 10 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise sailing from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale to Cozumel, Mexico and back, January 7 – 11, 2020.

Thank you and Cheers!

Your Skipper

• Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

Re: Thank You To All Survivors From 73 Nations!

by Bolt_Thrower » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:42 am

That's interesting about sailing backwards to build the stage. My question would be why does the ship need to go anywhere? Does anybody really care about the destination? Why not just sail out far enough until we no longer can see land, drop anchor, and turn the ship into a 4-day party barge? Save the fuel and reduce the effects of the wind.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Bolt_Thrower wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:42 am That's interesting about sailing backwards to build the stage. My question would be why does the ship need to go anywhere? Does anybody really care about the destination? Why not just sail out far enough until we no longer can see land, drop anchor, and turn the ship into a 4-day party barge? Save the fuel and reduce the effects of the wind.
    In order for a cruise to be considered international and not subject to US law, the ship must visit at least 1 foreign port. Going to the US and back would subject the ship 100% to all US labor and safety laws. RRC would never allow that.
    Survivor

WishList
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:27 pm

slayergeek wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:18 pm
    Bolt_Thrower wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:42 am That's interesting about sailing backwards to build the stage. My question would be why does the ship need to go anywhere? Does anybody really care about the destination? Why not just sail out far enough until we no longer can see land, drop anchor, and turn the ship into a 4-day party barge? Save the fuel and reduce the effects of the wind.
    In order for a cruise to be considered international and not subject to US law, the ship must visit at least 1 foreign port. Going to the US and back would subject the ship 100% to all US labor and safety laws. RRC would never allow that.
    Surprised they haven't just gone to their private island Coco Cay in the Bahamas. Would be a real short trip from Miami.
    Starling
    Oiler

by Starling » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:37 pm

Ron, thanks for asking that, because it really explains why the next morning we were going so damn fast! I had never seen the ship go that fast, and I guess they were trying to make up for the time they went backwards. We were hauling ass on Friday morning!
    2017 Survivor (Cabin 7211)
    2018 Survivor (Cabin 8359)
    2019 Booked (Cabin 9689)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:07 am

SavaRon wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:27 pm
    Surprised they haven't just gone to their private island Coco Cay in the Bahamas. Would be a real short trip from Miami.
    I was actually expecting CocoCay as our destination for 2020. It now has a dock and the water-park construction should be all finished by then. Also, the fact that it's so close would mean that they wouldn't have to worry as much about fuel surcharges if they turn the ship to avoid the winds. They could even have sailed "with the wind" during pool-deck shows to minimize the apparent winds across the deck.

As far as "Cruises To Nowhere," they are no longer allowed. By law, closed-loop cruises from a US homeport MUST touch at a foreign port unless a waiver is issued due to weather.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:46 am

Question about black survivors. Are they the only ones who would get that status or is it gonna be for anyone who reaches 10 cruises from now on?
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:49 am

SavaRon wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm Probably not doing next year for several reasons. Right after the holidays will be tough. We are doing MegaCruise in October. The whole announcement thing that happens pisses me off. I won't even think of booking until most of the lineup is announced. Which means I would have to buy on the secondary market. Might be back in 2021, who knows.
    I feel this pretty hard, adding a strong desire not to visit the states if I can avoid it. If none of you had guessed yet based on my post in the wishlist thread, I will probably skip out on next year.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:25 am

Ugh. This was the best cruise for me out of the five that I've done.
    I can't even really talk about it yet.
    Probably see you bastards in 2020.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:22 am

cegr80 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:46 am Question about black survivors. Are they the only ones who would get that status or is it gonna be for anyone who reaches 10 cruises from now on?
    It sounded like it was for 10 cruises, but I'm not sure if any of us know. I hope they do it again, those cards were sweet. All the Royal Caribbean crew loved them too.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:17 pm

mooyagi wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:22 am
    cegr80 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:46 am Question about black survivors. Are they the only ones who would get that status or is it gonna be for anyone who reaches 10 cruises from now on?
    It sounded like it was for 10 cruises, but I'm not sure if any of us know. I hope they do it again, those cards were sweet. All the Royal Caribbean crew loved them too.
    I tried to look up standard SeaPass colors that Royal uses on CruiseCritic and became promptly confused. Royal places a LOT of emphasis on whether you're in a suite or not, and some ships issue black cards for suite guests.
    Supposedly they do not change the colors of the SeaPass cards based on number of cruises (or number of nights, which is how their point system works), but my experience last year and this year says otherwise.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:17 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:22 am
    I tried to look up standard SeaPass colors that Royal uses on CruiseCritic and became promptly confused. Royal places a LOT of emphasis on whether you're in a suite or not, and some ships issue black cards for suite guests.
    Supposedly they do not change the colors of the SeaPass cards based on number of cruises (or number of nights, which is how their point system works), but my experience last year and this year says otherwise.
    Because this is a charter Andy, to some extent, gets to make up his own rules for that sort of thing.
    Survivor

WishList
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 pm

With so many nations being represented over the years, Im curius now. Is there any nation who has yet to be represented from the survivors who attend to the bands who get announced to play on broad?
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:00 am

Jimbo2392 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 pm With so many nations being represented over the years, Im curius now. Is there any nation who has yet to be represented from the survivors who attend to the bands who get announced to play on broad?
    That's actually a good question. Every time they announce the number of nations, I believe it must be a mix of both attendees and band members. Considering there are 195 countries, we can assume we are missing a lot of nations represented on the boat
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:35 am

cegr80 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:00 am
    Jimbo2392 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 pm With so many nations being represented over the years, Im curius now. Is there any nation who has yet to be represented from the survivors who attend to the bands who get announced to play on broad?
    That's actually a good question. Every time they announce the number of nations, I believe it must be a mix of both attendees and band members. Considering there are 195 countries, we can assume we are missing a lot of nations represented on the boat
    I think the Asian countries are likely under represented. I know we had Singapore and Japan. Not sure about China, Vietnam, Thailand, Etc, etc.
    Survivor

WishList
Post Reply 2038 posts