Post Reply 73 posts
First Band Announcements
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

First Band Announcements

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:31 pm

Who do you think will be among the first announced for 2020? I'll buy a beer for whoever gets the most right in the first run of band announcements.

My guesses:

Demons & Wizards
    Epica
    Annihilator
    Skeletonwitch
    Dismember
    Overkill
    Amorphis
    Enforcer
    Deserted Fear
    Kobra and the Lotus
    Saltatio Mortis
    Soilwork
    Daylight Dies
    Behemoth
    Nightwish

My 'holy shit' list:

Nightwish
    Haggard
    Finntroll
    Toxic Holocaust
    Kivimetsan Druidi
    Turisas
    Korpiklaani
    Moonsorrow
    Finntroll
    Kampfar
    Belphegor
    Testament
    Elvenking
    Rotting Christ
    Carcass
    Last edited by Jotunheimr on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

Re: First Band Announcements

by Jotunheimr » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:20 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:31 pm Whoever gets the most right earns the privilege of buying me a beer.
    Never mind that, I'm buying. Let's see those guesses.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Death tattoo guy
    Oiler

by Death tattoo guy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:09 am

Blind Guardian and Iced Earth with a Demons &Wizards set as well
    Symphony X
    10 Wishlist bands I've never seen live:
    Decadence
    The Halo Effect
    Aephanemer
    Nagasaki Sunrise
    Inhuman Condition
    Burning Witches
    Crystal Viper
    Frozen Crown
    Jenner
    Sorcerer

Survivor: Barge To Hell,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019, 2020, 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:29 pm

Might help people formulate a balanced guess:

First 10 announcements for 2019!

5 first-timers and 5 repeats
    3 three-peats and 1 four-peat
    6 bands from the top 100 of the wishlist, (2 of those were in the top 10)

So using that as a guide, I'm going with for the first 10:

Alestorm
    Blind Guardian
    Iced Earth
    Demons & Wizards
    Beast in Black
    Primordial
    Brothers of Metal
    Kampfar
    Godflesh
    Valhalore
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:48 pm

Everything else would be a bonus with that start
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:00 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:29 pm Alestorm
    Blind Guardian
    Iced Earth
    Demons & Wizards
    Beast in Black
    Primordial
    Brothers of Metal
    Kampfar
    Godflesh
    Valhalore
    This would be a disappointment for me if it were true
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:58 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:29 pm So using that as a guide, I'm going with for the first 10:

Alestorm
    Blind Guardian
    Iced Earth
    Demons & Wizards
    Beast in Black
    Primordial
    Brothers of Metal
    Kampfar
    Godflesh
    Valhalore
    With that list I wouldn't feel so bad about bailing on next year :lol:
    Though I would be sad to miss Primordial.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:57 am

Phoenix wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:58 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:29 pm So using that as a guide, I'm going with for the first 10:

Alestorm
    Blind Guardian
    Iced Earth
    Demons & Wizards
    Beast in Black
    Primordial
    Brothers of Metal
    Kampfar
    Godflesh
    Valhalore
    With that list I wouldn't feel so bad about bailing on next year :lol:
    Though I would be sad to miss Primordial.
    He also tries to mix up the genre’s and this list lacks any Death/Thrash. I predict something more genre varied...though I am not going to stick my neck out long enough to predict 10 specific bands :) So cudos to you for having the balls to attempt that :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:55 pm

I'm gonna take a flying lead and say first band announced is Powerwolf.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:45 pm

Which ones of the 75ers were announced in the top 10 (first announcement in bold)?
    I predict that 2 of the first 10 bands will be from this list.

2019 Accept, Eluveitie, Rage/LMO
    2018 Kreator, Sabaton, Meshuggah
    2017 Kamelot, Arch Enemy, Anthrax
    2016 Iced Earth, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth
    2015 Venom, Blind Guardian, Apocalyptica
    2014 Symphony X, Fear Factory, Carcass, Unearth
    2013 Helloween, Rage/LMO, In Flames
    2012 Venom, Nightwish, Children of Bodom
    2011 Blind Guardian, Saxon, Amon Amarth, Testament
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:56 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:55 pm I'm gonna take a flying lead and say first band announced is Powerwolf.
    Whew, that's really doubtful...but would make my (likely) cruise-buddy Derek VERY happy indeed! (I like 'em, too.)
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:57 pm

I’ll throw in another prediction: one of SACRED REICH/DARK ANGEL/VIO-LENCE/POWER TRIP.
    But only one.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:13 am

Godflesh wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:45 pm Which ones of the 75ers were announced in the top 10 (first announcement in bold)?
    Found the data:

2019 Accept, Eluveitie
    2018 Meshuggah
    2017 Anthrax
    2016 Iced Earth, Children of Bodom
    2015 Blind Guardian
    2014 Symphony X, Fear Factory
    2013 In Flames
    2011 Amon Amarth
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:29 pm Might help people formulate a balanced guess:

First 10 announcements for 2019!

5 first-timers and 5 repeats
    3 three-peats and 1 four-peat
    6 bands from the top 100 of the wishlist, (2 of those were in the top 10)

So using that as a guide, I'm going with for the first 10:

Alestorm
    Blind Guardian
    Iced Earth
    Demons & Wizards
    Beast in Black
    Primordial
    Brothers of Metal
    Kampfar
    Godflesh
    Valhalore
    I will gladly buy you a bucket of beers if Kampfar gets announced.
    Last edited by Jotunheimr on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2025:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:17 pm

I'm afraid you're all wrong.
    The first ten will be all girlie bands and old school death metal now that it seems I'm not going after all. :cry: :cry:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:38 am

Pure Speculation Time!

They tend to open each round of announcements with a headline band (75 min) who has never done 70k before, and the list of band who fit that bill is getting smaller each year. Dimmu Borg, Demons and Wizards, and Powerwolf seem good possibilities for this, or maybe Gojira (4 reel this time). Maybe even Within Temptation, who seem to have done more North America dates for their new album than they have in years.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Memnoch wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:17 pm I'm afraid you're all wrong.
    The first ten will be all girlie bands and old school death metal now that it seems I'm not going after all. :cry: :cry:
    :cry: :cry: :cry:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Looks like at least 2 of my guesses will be onbroad. No clue if they’ll be among the first bands announced.

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:31 pm Who do you think will be among the first announced for 2020? I'll buy a beer for whoever gets the most right in the first run of band announcements.

My guesses:

Demons & Wizards
    Epica
    Annihilator
    Skeletonwitch
    Dismember
    Overkill
    Amorphis
    Enforcer
    Deserted Fear
    Kobra and the Lotus
    Saltatio Mortis
    Soilwork
    Daylight Dies
    Behemoth
    Nightwish
    Last edited by Jotunheimr on Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2025:

• Marmotte
    Oiler

by Marmotte » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:12 pm

I really wish for Powerwolf and Amon Amarth to be announced as headliners. :D
    But I’m betting on Epica because of the tour dates gap.
    :wank:
    Whishlist: Powerwolf, Moonspell, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Turisas, Katatonia, Circus Maximus, BabyMetal, Myrath, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:37 pm Looks like at least 2 of my guesses will be onbroad. No clue if they’ll be among the first bands announced.
    Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:31 pm Who do you think will be among the first announced for 2020? I'll buy a beer for whoever gets the most right in the first run of band announcements.

My guesses:

Demons & Wizards
    Epica
    Annihilator
    Skeletonwitch
    Dismember
    Overkill
    Amorphis
    Enforcer
    Deserted Fear
    Kobra and the Lotus
    Saltatio Mortis
    Soilwork
    Daylight Dies
    Behemoth
    Nightwish
    What makes you say that BEHEMOTH will be on broad?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:42 pm

I'm predicting we will see a lot of band members doing double-duty in order to complete the lineup in a short timeframe.

Like this year we had Visions Of Atlantis and Dragony (shared bassist), Visions of Atlantis and Temperance (shared male vocalist), etc.

For example
    Trouble and Exhorder (shared vocalist)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Godflesh wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:34 pm
    Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:37 pm Looks like at least 2 of my guesses will be onbroad. No clue if they’ll be among the first bands announced.

My guesses:

Demons & Wizards
    Epica
    Annihilator
    Skeletonwitch
    Dismember
    Overkill
    Amorphis
    Enforcer
    Deserted Fear
    Kobra and the Lotus
    Saltatio Mortis
    Soilwork
    Daylight Dies
    Behemoth
    Nightwish
    What makes you say that BEHEMOTH will be on broad?
    Behemoth is starting a European tour January 14th and has a coincidental few shows in south America in early December without calling it a 'tour'

I've got my hopes up too
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Revising my list due to Epica being as good as confirmed, and Brother of Metal being ruled out.

Alestorm
    At The Gates
    Behemoth
    Blind Guardian
    Epica
    Beast in Black
    Primordial
    Kampfar
    Godflesh
    Valhalore
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:57 pm

So hoping GRAND MAGUS and BORKNAGAR are in the mix of the first bands announced!!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:00 pm

So the Round X, Oct 10, month 10 thing is passed now -
    What do you all think we'll see as the first announcement?
    1 band?
    10 bands?
    5 bands?
    3 bands?
    20 bands?
    On the first day.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:05 pm

Imagine WASP were on broad this time a-Round.

Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:59 pm

First 10 announcements could be:

Epica
    Demons & Wizards
    Morbid Angel
    Tribulation
    Jinjer
    Lacuna Coil
    Insomnium
    Watain
    At the Gates
    Battle Beast
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:27 pm

Insomnium just posted on FB that they'd be adding more tour dates... soon. I'm gonna call that a clue.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:27 am

Epica
    Insomnia
    Cruachan
    Beast in Black
    Rhapsody
    Nanowar of Steel
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:18 pm

ollyhills wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:27 am Epica
    Insomnia
    Cruachan
    Beast in Black
    Rhapsody
    Nanowar of Steel
    Which Rhapsody? Turilli/Lione or RoF?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:00 pm

DarkMacek wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:18 pm
    ollyhills wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:27 am Epica
    Insomnia
    Cruachan
    Beast in Black
    Rhapsody
    Nanowar of Steel
    Which Rhapsody? Turilli/Lione or RoF?
    Why not both? :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:24 pm

I'm guessing Insomnium and Epica will be the first ones and maybe Annihilator

But I'm hoping for Jinjer, Demons And Wizards, Alestorm and (why not?) Slayer
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • fishski
    Oiler

by fishski » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:09 pm

A post on the 70k Facebook page back in the summer had Tired and Red capitalized, so perhaps there's some meaning there...
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:33 am

I hope that the Skipper is working furiously to book GRAND MAGUS and BORKNAGAR on broad!!!!!!!!!

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:04 am

I’ve rarely been right before, so let me be wrong again: the first announced band will be LAMB OF DOG
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:17 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:22 pm Revising my list due to Epica being as good as confirmed, and Brother of Metal being ruled out.

Godflesh
    Given Justin’s current project(s), I seriously doubt it (none of them are metal).
    OTOH, GODFLESH is just two guys and a MacBook, so very cheap.
    But I don’t see Justin doing it for $100 of onbroad credit, and the sun (he’s VERY white).
    So yeah, you can cross that one from your list.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:08 am

Maybe I'll replace Godflesh with Sascha Paeth's Masters of Ceremony then.

Adrienne Cowan does the vocals and seemed to love the cruise when she was on with Seven Spires, so yeah :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:14 pm

fishski wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:09 pm A post on the 70k Facebook page back in the summer had Tired and Red capitalized, so perhaps there's some meaning there...
    It's a reference to a Sodom song.
    2025:

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:01 am

Andy's message said "next week", and it's a long weekend here in Canada --Happy Turkey Day hosers! fuckin giv'r.

I suspect a tonne of bands tomorrow!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:10 am

It's officially Monday in Vancouver sections now.
    9 mins in.
    6pm Monday here where I am.
    Let's get the bands out already!
    NO MORE DELAYS!!

Post Reply 73 posts