Post Reply 220 posts
How Fast Will 2020 Sell Out?
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: How Fast Will 2020 Sell Out?

by Amalu » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:40 am

The question ist: Will there be anything left for public sales.

The way booking went during Gold Sales there might very well be nothing or very little left for the general public.
    Le G@SP
    Oiler

by Le G@SP » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:09 am

The booking process is currently down :evil:

EDIT:

I finally managed to connect to the booking site :cheers:

"Please note that this is a booking request and does not guarantee a booking" :cry:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:46 am

You should be fine if you get the booking request email. I've never had a problem after receiving that.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:47 am

So I got my booking request for my girlfriend and my room, but I panicked a little and booked a room for a few hundred more a person because the cheaper option room I was going for were showing up sold out. They have now reappeared but I can't double request since my survivor code has already been used. It's not a huge deal for a couple hundred dollars a person but it would be nice to have that extra money for flights, hotel, booze lol. Has anyone ever changed their booking request if that's an option or would I have to wait and cancel mine and try to rebook but risk losing out on both options completely?
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

• Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:51 am

Cimmerian wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:47 am So I got my booking request for my girlfriend and my room, but I panicked a little and booked a room for a few hundred more a person because the cheaper option room I was going for were showing up sold out. They have now reappeared but I can't double request since my survivor code has already been used. It's not a huge deal for a couple hundred dollars a person but it would be nice to have that extra money for flights, hotel, booze lol. Has anyone ever changed their booking request if that's an option or would I have to wait and cancel mine and try to rebook but risk losing out on both options completely?
    YES!

You need to email them ASAP, but maybe it's too late since Silvers have gone online.

In the panic of the moment of watching cabins vanish in front of my eyes, I also booked a cabin for a few extra dollars in the same category. A few hours later I realized the same cabin came in a SPACIOUS version for the same amount of money. Not much bigger but every foot counts. I requested by email and they accommodated me. I tried calling, but the phone lines were jammed.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:55 am

Bob wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:51 am
    Cimmerian wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:47 am So I got my booking request for my girlfriend and my room, but I panicked a little and booked a room for a few hundred more a person because the cheaper option room I was going for were showing up sold out. They have now reappeared but I can't double request since my survivor code has already been used. It's not a huge deal for a couple hundred dollars a person but it would be nice to have that extra money for flights, hotel, booze lol. Has anyone ever changed their booking request if that's an option or would I have to wait and cancel mine and try to rebook but risk losing out on both options completely?
    YES!

You need to email them ASAP, but maybe it's too late since Silvers have gone online.

In the panic of the moment of watching cabins vanish in front of my eyes, I also booked a cabin for a few extra dollars in the same category. A few hours later I realized the same cabin came in a SPACIOUS version for the same amount of money. Not much bigger but every foot counts. I requested by email and they accommodated me. I tried calling, but the phone lines were jammed.
    Thank you! That's what I figured haha, I'm on hold on the phone now and just sent them an email as well so hopefully I can change it since it won't let me use my silver survivor code because it says it has already been used. Fingers crossed :beerhorns:
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

• Marmotte
    Oiler

by Marmotte » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:09 am

Well that was a bumpy booking attempt. I got kicked out several times because the server wasn’t responding. I lost my 1st attempt for a cabin.
    I was able to finish the booking request on my second attempt for the same category I was trying on the 1st time.

Let’s hope the line up gets more interesting for me.

:bangers:
    Whishlist: Powerwolf, Moonspell, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Turisas, Katatonia, Circus Maximus, BabyMetal, Myrath, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:05 am

My request submitted earlier. Wound up with the only triple non-suite option left (1D). Guess we'll see how things go...
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:12 am

YES!

It may well be too late now, but it's certainly worth emailing them and asking. It won't cost you anything and the worst that could happen is you get a "Sorry, that category is sold out" message. The instability caused by multiple browser windows and tabs for the Silvers booking should have settled out by now -- there are far fewer Silvers than Golds -- and they'll have a clearer picture of what's left for you.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:35 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:12 am It may well be too late now, but it's certainly worth emailing them and asking. It won't cost you anything and the worst that could happen is you get a "Sorry, that category is sold out" message. The instability caused by multiple browser windows and tabs for the Silvers booking should have settled out by now -- there are far fewer Silvers than Golds -- and they'll have a clearer picture of what's left for you.
    Where are you getting this figure from? I would assume that's not true.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:38 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:12 am
    YES!

It may well be too late now, but it's certainly worth emailing them and asking. It won't cost you anything and the worst that could happen is you get a "Sorry, that category is sold out" message. The instability caused by multiple browser windows and tabs for the Silvers booking should have settled out by now -- there are far fewer Silvers than Golds -- and they'll have a clearer picture of what's left for you.
    I sent an email, still waiting for a reply. When I check the rooms it shows the one I wanted is still available so hopefully if I hear back from them soon I’ll be able to change rooms.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:49 pm

WILL NEED TO REVISIT THE DECK PLAN. CHANGES FROM 2019:
    6B Double (113) no longer exists - gonna assume for now they have all became 4Bs

Type / Double / Triple / Quad / Quin/ SEX / Sept / Oct /
    Standard Interior 6V / 86 /
    Standard Interior 4V / 227 /
    Standard Interior 3V / ?? / 1 / 151 /
    Standard Interior 2V / 81 /
    Standard Interior 1V / ?? / ?? / 26 /
    Promenade View 1T / 168 /
    Spacious Interior 1R / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 2 /
    Spacious Prome 1Q / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 4 /
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Ocean View 8N / 36 / / /
    Ocean View 3N / ?? / ?? / 35 /
    Ocean View 2N / 80 /
    Ocean View 1N / ?? / ?? / 67 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 15 /
    Spacious Ocean 1M / ?? / ?? / 7 /
    Ultra Spacious 1K / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 10 /
    Spacious Pano 1L / 6 / ?? / 33 /
    Standard Balcony 6D / 12 /
    Standard Balcony 5D / ?? / 22 /
    Standard Balcony 2D / 221 /
    Standard Balcony 1D / ?? / 63 / 7 /
    Spacious Balcony 4B / 221 /
    Spacious Balcony 3B / ?? / ?? / 92 /
    Spacious Balcony 2B / 30 /
    Spacious Balcony 1B / ?? / ?? / 48 /
    Pano Suite VP / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 2 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 31 /
    Balcony Suite J3 / ?? / ?? / 56 /
    Grand Suite GS / ?? / ?? / 22 /
    Grand Suite GT / -- / -- / ??? / ?? / ?? / ??? / 6 /
    Owner Suite OS / ?? / ?? / 6 /

Total Cabins, by my count: 1877
    Total Cabins, according to cruisedeckplans website: 1918
    Total Cabins in sold out categories: 468
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:53 pm

4V gone - thats 227 cabins off the market.

6B Double (113) no longer exists - gonna assume for now they have all became 4Bs

Promenade View 2T / 168 /
    Ocean View 8N / 36 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 80 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 15 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 31 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 695
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:39 pm

3B gone - thats 92 cabins off the market.

Ocean View 8N / 36 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 80 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 15 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 31 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 787
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:07 pm

1N QUAD - Un-soldout. Must be only a couple of those.
    1B QUAD gone
    6 grand suites gone, and owners suites gone.

Ocean View 8N / 36 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 80 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 15 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 31 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 780
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:37 pm

Seeing that there are a smattering of cabins still available several hours after public sales began,
    I am surprised there are this many left.

After Golds snapped up so many cabins, I thought oh-oh....will there be anything left?

Now what?

Is the cruise 'too nostalgic'?

I do strongly believe we need more than a dozen NEW bands for the 2020 event.
    I just don't see it selling out based on 98% repeats.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Cardest wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:37 pm Seeing that there are a smattering of cabins still available several hours after public sales began,
    I am surprised there are this many left.

After Golds snapped up so many cabins, I thought oh-oh....will there be anything left?

Now what?

Is the cruise 'too nostalgic'?

I do strongly believe we need more than a dozen NEW bands for the 2020 event.
    I just don't see it selling out based on 98% repeats.
    As you can well understand, it is VERY difficult to compare sales this year to last year.

But, last year on the 29th of October, all cabins were sold out and the "WAITING LIST" page was displayed.

Also last year, 7 hours after public sales opened (on the 3rd of October), available categories represented only about 200 cabins.

Last year, hours before public sales opening:
    Total Cabins in sold out categories: 943

Last year, 6 hours AFTER public sales opening:
    Total Cabins in sold out categories: 1572

CURRENTLY:
    Total Cabins in sold out categories: 787

NOW AS I ALWAYS SAY(!!!) the above is no-where NEAR exact. Of those "avaiable" cabins, there may be only 1 or 2 cabins left in each category (eg - there are 221 4B cabins "not sold out". For all we know, there may only be 1 of those 221 free).

BUT, given the massive difference between what's available this year to last year, it is PROBABLY fair to say that sales are a bit lesser this year due to all the well-documented reasons.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:22 pm

Just did a re-count of all the cabins. Little tricky as some of the colours are hard to differentiate but I think its at least a little more accurate now :)

Standard Interior 6V / 90 /
    Standard Interior 4V / 225 /
    Standard Interior 2V / 121 /
    Ocean View 8N / 47 / / /
    Ocean View 3N / ?? / ?? / 41 /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Ocean View 1N / ?? / ?? / 61 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /
    Standard Balcony 6D / 20 /
    Standard Balcony 2D / 223 /
    Standard Balcony 1D / ?? / 64 / 7 /
    Spacious Balcony 4B / 237 /
    Spacious Balcony 3B / ?? / ?? / 74 /
    Spacious Balcony 2B / 64 /
    Spacious Balcony 1B / ?? / ?? / 14 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /
    Balcony Suite J3 / ?? / ?? / 62 /
    Grand Suite GS / ?? / ?? / 24 /

Total Cabins, by my count: 1961
    Total Cabins in sold out categories: 755
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:48 pm

2V now gone - 121 of those
    1L quad gone - 33 of those

Ocean View 8N / 47 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 903
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:39 am

So, compared to the previous two years, sales do seem a bit slower, right?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:49 am

Amalu wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:39 am So, compared to the previous two years, sales do seem a bit slower, right?
    Hard to compare, but yeah considering we are almost 24 hours into public sales, there are a lot more categories available this time around.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:12 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:49 am
    Amalu wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:39 am So, compared to the previous two years, sales do seem a bit slower, right?
    Hard to compare, but yeah considering we are almost 24 hours into public sales, there are a lot more categories available this time around.
    Out of interest, I've checked yesterday and it seemed the servers where not really busy. Didn't seem like to many people trying to book at the same time.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:54 pm

2V gone again
    GS back - must be only a handful of those available though

Ocean View 8N / 47 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 964
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:42 am

UMC and Andy really need to bust out some BIG bands before the payment-plan cutoff, to encourage newbies to book.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:54 am

That solitary 1N Quad is back again :P

Other than that, no further movement.

Ocean View 8N / 47 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 964
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:55 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:42 am
    UMC and Andy really need to bust out some BIG bands before the payment-plan cutoff, to encourage newbies to book.
    I have a giant prediction and it comes from the same sources that predicted Emperor will be onbroad and that's
    Judas Priest. I know......as if!
    But, they came thru on the Emp and Origin!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:02 am

Cardest wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:55 am

I have a giant prediction and it comes from the same sources that predicted Emperor will be onbroad and that's
    Considering that their planned tour with Ozzy is postponed, you never know.
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:06 am

toby wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:02 am

Considering that their planned tour with Ozzy is postponed, you never know.
    Never! Its sad, but no chance...!
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:24 pm

Come on now ,anybody can guess some bands like Emperor or ones that been on the cruise but Judas Priest.No way at all ,they could do their own boat and this is way too late.They would not piss off their fans and do the cruise on 2 plus months notice,and they would need to biggest stage ever.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:22 am

deathmetalpat wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:24 pmCome on now ,anybody can guess some bands like Emperor or ones that been on the cruise but Judas Priest.No way at all ,they could do their own boat and this is way too late.They would not piss off their fans and do the cruise on 2 plus months notice,and they would need to biggest stage ever.
    This is not the Judas Priest of 1983. Judas Priest of today is a much smaller draw as a headliner. That being said, I'm doubtful it would happen. But they've done three Rock and Roll Fantasy Camps, so it's not like they require a huge stage.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:19 am

toby wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:22 am This is not the Judas Priest of 1983. Judas Priest of today is a much smaller draw as a headliner.
    Still big enough to be the headliner of a Wacken Open Air 2020, which is by no means a small festival. ;)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:11 am

The Devvy announcement hasn't lead to any changes in the sold out categories.

Even got that little old $1K per person 1N quad still sitting there.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:56 am

Amalu wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:19 am
    toby wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:22 am This is not the Judas Priest of 1983. Judas Priest of today is a much smaller draw as a headliner.
    Still big enough to be the headliner of a Wacken Open Air 2020, which is by no means a small festival. ;)
    Festivals are a bit of a different story. I'm just saying that Priest as a touring headliner in the US plays to 2500-4000 seat venues for the most part (with a few exceptions like Microsoft Theater in L.A. which is still only about 7K). They're not an arena act as a headliner anymore. I wish that weren't a fact, but it unfortunately is.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:27 am

toby wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:56 am
    Festivals are a bit of a different story. I'm just saying that Priest as a touring headliner in the US plays to 2500-4000 seat venues for the most part (with a few exceptions like Microsoft Theater in L.A. which is still only about 7K). They're not an arena act as a headliner anymore. I wish that weren't a fact, but it unfortunately is.
    Partially agree. Over in Europe they managed to fill the largest indoor halls. The Westfalenhalle in Dortmund holds around 16.000 people.
    So, Judas Priest might not have the largest pull factor in the US, in Europe they still are headliner material who can fill the same venues as the likes of Manowar or Metallica.

I've noticed the differences between US and Europe on several occasions already. Slayer for example is nearly as big in Europe as they are in the US. They would not be able to fill a stadium here as headliners.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 am

toby wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:56 am
    They can do this by themselves,maybe a very low draw opening act.Plus 5 days on a boat right after the holidays for an older band probably isn’t going to fly.70k would need to give them a huge amount of the best cabins ,they aren’t going to be in an interior quad.Their road crew will be in at least balconies,and combine all 59 other bands payments to pay just for them.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:51 pm

Amalu wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:27 amPartially agree. Over in Europe they managed to fill the largest indoor halls. The Westfalenhalle in Dortmund holds around 16.000 people.
    So, Judas Priest might not have the largest pull factor in the US, in Europe they still are headliner material who can fill the same venues as the likes of Manowar or Metallica.
    It's really sad that they don't get the respect they deserve in the US. They have to open for bands that used to open for them (Ozzy or Iron Maiden) to get arena or shed venues. It really guts me. I'll represent in spirit though at karaoke.
    deathmetalpat wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 amThey can do this by themselves,maybe a very low draw opening act.Plus 5 days on a boat right after the holidays for an older band probably isn’t going to fly.70k would need to give them a huge amount of the best cabins ,they aren’t going to be in an interior quad.Their road crew will be in at least balconies,and combine all 59 other bands payments to pay just for them.
    Rob and Ian would rate fancy cabins. Scott and Richie (and whoever else plays guitar), not so much. Glenn obviously would be unlikely. Like I said, if RRFC can pay their guarantee for a camp, I have a hard time believing that a cruise spot would be impossible.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:39 pm

Indeed - and its not like there is a lack of premium cabins available :P

They've got to move those Suites somehow, and what better way than to offer them to 'big name' bands as an added incentive?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:20 pm

SLOOOOOW sales.

That solitary 1N Quad is still there :P

Sextuple GT is sold out for now.

Ocean View 8N / 47 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 964 (including 1N as we know there is only 1 left)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:24 pm

Was interesting to note the email update from Monsters of Rock cruise that I got yesterday. Sails a month after 70K. They stated in their update they only have 23 cabins left!

Thinking 70K would have a LOT more than that at this point.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:17 pm

65 days to go, and the cheapest cabins ($833) are STILL available, as long as you're a single female.