Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Sixty Is NOT Enough!

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Woohoo! :deathhorns: Their latest was 2019 AOTY for me. Excellent final add.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Triple Tap

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:02 pm

EvilDan wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:16 pm 9th Cruise - And I have still never received a wishlist band.

That said, this might be one of my favorite lineups, which I didn't expect before/during the "break". :deathhorns:
    NOW do you believe me when I say that the wishlists etc on the forum do not mean a bias towards less extreme bands? :D :D :P

Was thinking that this lineup would make you fairly happy!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:05 pm

And he smacks it out of the motherfucking ballpark with the final announcement!

Well played skipper, well played :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:05 pm

YES!!!! Well done!!!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:05 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! Thank you Skip!

Cannot fucking wait to see these guys.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:16 pm

I’ve been hoping like hell for Wilderun. My excitement has suddenly gone way up for next week!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:33 pm

Holy crow!
    61 bands reached!

Hello all from Little Five Points, Atlanta. It's a wet, rainy day, all day here. Wish this rain could be sent to Australia!
    Awful, appalling news from there continues :(
    But, hard to focus on that. Hard to focus on these recent additions too.

Hands up if you think we'll get 62 bands onbroad.
    Yep!
    Thought so!

Checking out Wilderun on bandcamp/laptop and foXL speaker. Shiiiiiiiiit this is GOOD!!
    First time hearing of them.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:56 pm

notice that....Soon is with a capitol S in the skip's last post?
    Is it just me, or is there something lurking in that? A hint?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:04 pm

Andy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:53 pm Well we really couldn't help ourselves, Sailors. 60 bands playing 120 concerts on broad our 154,000ton luxury cruise ship, the Independence of the Seas, is simply not enough METAL!

This is 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise and are so excited to partake in Round X with our International Heavy Metal Family. That being said, we are pleased to welcome WILDERUN on broad as the 61st band.

We can barely hold in our excitement, see all of you Soon!

Holy fuck, that's one of my top three bands who I've never seen before. The stray capitalisation of "Wild" was a dead giveaway but I wasn't letting my hopes get too high. What a fine hit!
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Cardest wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:33 pm Holy crow!
    61 bands reached!
    Hello all from Little Five Points, Atlanta. It's a wet, rainy day, all day here.
    If you have a chance later and you're near a radio, tune in to 91.1 FM after midnight. Atlanta's only metal radio show...and I'll be on there. (Possibly after one of my co-hosts. :mrgreen: )
    Heck, if you're near Georgia Tech, you can drop by the studio. :headbanger:

(It's also live-streamed and archived at www.wrekage.org )
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:30 pm

I am happy for those that have been waiting for Wilderun !
    I tried to listen to them , they do nothing for me at all , will not be seeing them .
    To each his own .
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:54 pm

Cardest wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:56 pm notice that....Soon is with a capitol S in the skip's last post?
    Nah, the EXODUS post in 2018 said “See all of you Sailors”, and nothing happened.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: Thrashing Through The Caribbean

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:09 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:22 pm If we're looking for American bands who would go over well with cruisers, fingers crossed for Wilderun. And they're pals with aether realm so this would be a good year for it.
    Looks like you are the one who started it.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Godflesh wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:09 pm
    Danny24601 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:22 pm If we're looking for American bands who would go over well with cruisers, fingers crossed for Wilderun. And they're pals with aether realm so this would be a good year for it.
    I was just thinking yesterday during the day, Wilderun are local US, unsigned, and small (so they'd be cheap to book), now on the second of two incredibly well-received albums both within the 70k community and the broader metal scene, they don't really tour much so most people haven't seen them, and rumour has it they were interested in playing. It would have been a huge mistake not to give them a ring and see what's up, and I'm so glad Andy did.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 pm

Seeing eveyone's post on Facebook etc "at the airport" posts" etc Safe travels all, good weather, and for the newcomers.. welcome... just follow the sea of black and come say Hi, hola, hei, hey, yo, bonjour,. Thanks to everyone putting on preparties, concerts, and taking the best care of us/

Cheers!!!
    :pound:

Let's get this BITCH IN THE WATER!!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:57 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:02 pm NOW do you believe me when I say that the wishlists etc on the forum do not mean a bias towards less extreme bands? :D :D :P
    No. lol

I look forward to buying you a beer and discussing, since there is a far greater likelihood of us crossing paths this year, unlike the last couple of years.
    :bangers:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:29 pm

EvilDan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:57 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:02 pm NOW do you believe me when I say that the wishlists etc on the forum do not mean a bias towards less extreme bands? :D :D :P
    No. lol

I look forward to buying you a beer and discussing, since there is a far greater likelihood of us crossing paths this year, unlike the last couple of years.
    :bangers:
    SWEEEEET :D :3drunks:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:19 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:32 pm
    I was just thinking yesterday during the day, Wilderun are local US, unsigned, and small (so they'd be cheap to book), now on the second of two incredibly well-received albums both within the 70k community and the broader metal scene, they don't really tour much so most people haven't seen them, and rumour has it they were interested in playing. It would have been a huge mistake not to give them a ring and see what's up, and I'm so glad Andy did.
    I think the fact that, on the Forum, they QUICKLY went from being way "off the radar" to having 13 votes and into the Top 10 requested bands must have played a part. Wilderun comes off as total fan-service from Andy and I couldn't be happier.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:06 pm

Pellaz wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:19 pm
    Danny24601 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:32 pm

I think the fact that, on the Forum, they QUICKLY went from being way "off the radar" to having 13 votes and into the Top 10 requested bands must have played a part. Wilderun comes off as total fan-service from Andy and I couldn't be happier.
    +1

If anyone deserves recognition, it's them. They're one of the hardest working 'young' bands of this past decade.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:51 pm

Well, my 70K app was looking pretty bleak for the first 35-40 or so but added a lot of Mights in the last few weeks.

Final tally:

10 Must
    19 Might
    32 Won't

Not a single bucket list band and very far from a dream lineup for me so money well saved on my part. Even in the 10 musts there's only few I'd absolutely refuse to miss if they came through town.

Still wish I was able to be there with you all though.

Have yourselves a kick ass, loud, safe, happy and, above all, heavy time on Round X everybody!!

Cheers!! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:06 am

I’m at 25/12/24, which is statistically the worst lineup so far, but I still love it, due to the number of bucket list/wishlist bands for me.
    I would certainly flagellate myself now if I hadn’t booked.

We need the Running Order, Andy!
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Figure Number Seventy Thousand

by Andy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:25 am

With just over 48 hours to go until we set sail out of Port Everglades we were thinking... maybe even 61 bands is not enough. And it's true! We need MORE METAL!

SOILWORK will join you and 2,999 other Sailors from across the globe for Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise starting on Tuesday, January 7th. They will perform their ONLY shows this side of the Atlantic Ocean in 2020 on board, once on our way to beautiful Cozumel and once on the way back!

We're counting down the hours and minutes until Embarkation... we can't wait to welcome you onbroad for the ultimate Heavy Metal Festival experience of a lifetime!

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Figure Number Seventy Thousand

by Gratch » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:36 am

Had a feeling there was one more in the works. Soilwork’s not my thing, but I’m sure folks will be thrilled.

P.S. “E” is still capitalized in Embarkation. :)
    Last edited by Gratch on Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:45 am

I SAID DON'T BOOK THEM THIS YEAR, ANDY!!!!

Fuck. I'm devastated.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:49 am

Holy shit he did it! What an absolute mad lad.

Ok that's it, this lineup is dope. Up till this week I was excited, but this was shaping up to be the weakest lineup since 2015. But now, two of my wishlist bands I've never seen back-to-back, this is off the charts. This is why we preach stupidly about having faith in Andy.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:24 pm

Gratch wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:36 am Had a feeling there was one more in the works. Soilwork’s not my thing, but I’m sure folks will be thrilled.

P.S. “E” is still capitalized in Embarkation. :)
    Embarkation Tears of Sorrow!

:lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:31 pm

Phoenix wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:45 am I SAID DON'T BOOK THEM THIS YEAR, ANDY!!!!

Fuck. I'm devastated.
    The skipper is a bastard. The one year I don't go, he'll like add WITHIN TEMPTATION on the day before sailing :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:51 pm

Godflesh wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:54 pm
    Cardest wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:56 pm notice that....Soon is with a capitol S in the skip's last post?
    Nah, the EXODUS post in 2018 said “See all of you Sailors”, and nothing happened.
    I was Saying............... ha ha ha
    Let's get 1 more band!!'

Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:56 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:07 pm
    Cardest wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:33 pm Holy crow!
    61 bands reached!
    Hello all from Little Five Points, Atlanta. It's a wet, rainy day, all day here.
    If you have a chance later and you're near a radio, tune in to 91.1 FM after midnight. Atlanta's only metal radio show...and I'll be on there. (Possibly after one of my co-hosts. :mrgreen: )
    Heck, if you're near Georgia Tech, you can drop by the studio. :headbanger:

(It's also live-streamed and archived at www.wrekage.org )
    Cheers mate!
    I was a tired mess and the Primate gig was on last night. Barely the energy to stand there.
    Order of the Owl too.

But I left Atlanta this morning for Florida.
    Maybe next time Pellaz!

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:09 pm

Yep, you called it. :headbanger:
    Cheers mate!
    I was a tired mess and the Primate gig was on last night. Barely the energy to stand there.
    Order of the Owl too.
    Yep. I don't know Primate but I do know Order of the Owl; great band.
    But I left Atlanta this morning for Florida.
    Maybe next time Pellaz!
    Sorry our weather was so shitty while you were here. Doesn't happen like that often, but during our winters it CAN.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2020 Running Order

by Andy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:50 am

The Running Order for Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is now online.

To see the running order, please click here.

Danny24601
    Petty Officer

Re: 2020 Running Order

by Danny24601 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:21 am

Andy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:50 am The Running Order for Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is now online.

Nice! No major conflicts, though some very late nights. Guess I'm sleeping in cozumel.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:01 am

Danny24601 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:21 am
    Andy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:50 am The Running Order for Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is now online.

Nice! No major conflicts, though some very late nights. Guess I'm sleeping in cozumel.
    Same here. Glad no major conflicts, but sets at 4:30am on day one, 4:15am on day two, and 5:15am on day three is just...ugh.

Guess they figured Aeternam’s sunrise set was so good last time, they had to do it again.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:04 am

Gratch wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:01 am
    Danny24601 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:21 am

Same here. Glad no major conflicts, but sets at 4:30am on day one, 4:15am on day two, and 5:15am on day three is just...ugh.

Guess they figured Aeternam’s sunrise set was so good last time, they had to do it again.
    I missed it last time so it's kinda fun I'll get to see it this time!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:10 am

The pillow fight conflicts with FLOTSAM, that sucks.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

ALL STAR JAM 2020 Setlist Revealed

by Andy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:05 pm

Sailors, once again we are proud to announce that we will be having a star-studded cast of musicians from around the Globe jam on broad Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL!

Jamming In International Waters will take place on January 10th, 2020, and will be hosted by Alexander Krull (LEAVES' EYES) and Simone Simons (EPICA). Heavy Metal History will be written once again on broad The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

This fan favorite event with a spectacular line up of musicians will feature numerous Heavy Metal hit songs from several genres and is sure to be an event that any Sailor on board does NOT want to miss!

Visit our website to see the full 2020 All Star Jam Setlist!

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:20 pm

Gratch wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:01 am Guess they figured Aeternam’s sunrise set was so good last time, they had to do it again.
    Yep. Oh, well, I'm fuckin' THERE. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:22 pm

Godflesh wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:10 am The pillow fight conflicts with FLOTSAM, that sucks.
    But at least you can get Origin pillow-cases at merch. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:54 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:22 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:10 am The pillow fight conflicts with FLOTSAM, that sucks.
    "Missed the pillow fight because it clashed with Flotsam? Have your own pillowfight, anytime, anywhere with the official, Origin pillowcase!"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:54 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:22 pm
    "Missed the pillow fight because it clashed with Flotsam? Have your own pillowfight, anytime, anywhere with the official, Origin pillowcase!"
    "Tired of your annoying little sister hassling you at bedtime? Now you can bash her with your VERY OWN Origin pillow! But watch out! She could buy one, too!"
    2025 Wishlist:
Post Reply 2037 posts