31%
    Zero Theorem
    No votes

Total votes: 26
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Cripper Award 2020

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:25 am

Here it goes! You have a week to vote :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

Re: Cripper Award 2020

by cholernik » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:34 am

voted for the least worst, according to my musical tastes.
    kinda how I vote in real life
    2020: Survivor
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:02 am

cholernik wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:34 am voted for the least worst, according to my musical tastes.
    kinda how I vote in real life
    I agree , I do the same thing .
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:25 am

My vote went to Without Waves. Quite impressed with these guys. Managed to watch their Star Lounge set
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:36 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:25 am My vote went to Without Waves. Quite impressed with these guys. Managed to watch their Star Lounge set
    Same here.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:24 pm

I went for Spoil Engine. Everything from their show was fantastic. The music, the attitude... great job!!
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:39 pm

#whynotWilderun ?

They were superb. And -- at least for now -- unsigned...although I expect that to change post-Boat.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:48 pm

Pellaz wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:39 pm #whynotWilderun ?

They were superb. And -- at least for now -- unsigned...although I expect that to change post-Boat.
    They already got famous before the boat. That and >10k listeners on last.fm
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:39 am

I will abstain from voting this year, due to the fact that I did not see a single set from any of the nominees!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:08 am

Same.
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:06 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:39 am I will abstain from voting this year, due to the fact that I did not see a single set from any of the nominees!
    I saw like 2 or 3 songs from Dark Matter, I was thinking I was going to like them because I like DSBM, but nope, not really. But they still got my vote. The other bands are just bleh. I saw a few of them on that channel that was playing music videos and just, yuck.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:29 am

cholernik wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:06 am I saw like 2 or 3 songs from Dark Matter, I was thinking I was going to like them because I like DSBM, but nope, not really. But they still got my vote. The other bands are just bleh. I saw a few of them on that channel that was playing music videos and just, yuck.
    Quite similarly, i was at their lounge set. Could not see the other bands. Was wondering about Spoil engine but couldn't catch them.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:56 am

Ethrivas wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:29 am
    cholernik wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:06 am I saw like 2 or 3 songs from Dark Matter, I was thinking I was going to like them because I like DSBM, but nope, not really. But they still got my vote. The other bands are just bleh. I saw a few of them on that channel that was playing music videos and just, yuck.
    Quite similarly, i was at their lounge set. Could not see the other bands. Was wondering about Spoil engine but couldn't catch them.
    I too was at the lounge set. I was interested in spoil engine because I haven't heard of them, but what I caught from them on the music video channel turned me off of them completely.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:27 am

cholernik wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:56 am
    I too was at the lounge set. I was interested in spoil engine because I haven't heard of them, but what I caught from them on the music video channel turned me off of them completely.

I am a big fan of DSBM also,in my DSBM playlists I include the bands Nocturnal Depression, Exiled From Light . Advent Sorrow.
    Dark Matter is sorta like a post black metal band , I too did vote the cripper award for them , they were a little better than the other cripper nominees .
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:08 am

You should have caught a set from Spoil Engine. They were fantastic.
    Wishlist:

cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:19 am

bodomdragon wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:08 am
    You should have caught a set from Spoil Engine. They were fantastic.
    I also happened to walk by at one point. totally not my thing.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:18 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:39 am I will abstain from voting this year, due to the fact that I did not see a single set from any of the nominees!
    Same here, sadly enough. Wilderun were excellent both times I saw them, but...oh well. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:10 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:18 pm
    Same here, sadly enough. Wilderun were excellent both times I saw them, but...oh well. :D
    Was such a weird cruise for me - Saw around the same number of sets as I usually do (around 30) but didn't catch ANY of the 6 headliner sets, nor any of the 10 Cripper award nominees' sets!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:21 am

Not a clear winner imo, looks like these 3 bands got all our attention depending on personal taste
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:17 pm

Three way tie! That's problematic :/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:17 pm Three way tie! That's problematic :/
    Yes and no. It means Andy did a decent job of picking Cripper bands. Either we need to solicit votes on Facebook to help break the tie...or just declare it a 3 way tie and congratulate all parties involved.

Did we give up on the vest thing, if not that makes it more problematic.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:35 pm

slayergeek wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:33 pmDid we give up on the vest thing, if not that makes it more problematic.
    I think we did give up. Never saw such vest, anyway. This is more like a symbolic award between us forum users. Asking for fb votes is not a good idea imo. If there is a triple-tie, then so be it. Poll is not closed yet
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:28 pm

cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:35 pm
    slayergeek wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:33 pmDid we give up on the vest thing, if not that makes it more problematic.
    I think we did give up. Never saw such vest, anyway. This is more like a symbolic award between us forum users. Asking for fb votes is not a good idea imo. If there is a triple-tie, then so be it. Poll is not closed yet
    Masacre definitely received the vest for being Cripper Award winners in 2015.

TWILIGHT FORCE were the 'official' winners in 2016 but I do not think they got the award :(

2014 winner was Izegrim
    2015 winner was Masacre
    2016 winner was Twilight Force
    2017 winner was Dalriada
    2018 was Gyze

(for those playing along at home, the Idea was the "trophy" for winning the Cripper Award would be a battle vest, that each year the winner would add their band's patch to the vest, then pass it along to the following year's winner).

You can see Izegrim and Masacre wearing the vest in this youtube clip:
    https://youtu.be/kFanFt_cf7I
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:28 pm
    And I only noticed just now that Brit is wearing a LIVING SACRIFICE shirt in that clip.

Love that woman even more now :D :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:46 pm

TWILIGHT FORCE were the 'official' winners in 2016 but I do not think they got the award :(

2014 winner was Izegrim
    2015 winner was Masacre
    2017 winner was Dalriada
    2018 was Gyze
    2019 was Carnation

(for those playing along at home, the Idea was the "trophy" for winning the Cripper Award would be a battle vest, that each year the winner would add their band's patch to the vest, then pass it along to the following year's winner).

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:49 pm

2014 winner was Izegrim
    2015 winner was Masacre
    2017 winner was Dalriada
    2018 was Gyze

I thought 2017 was tossed out. There were shenanigans involved & it was voted vacant. Witchtrap advertised on Facebook for votes. Someone on the forum made 45+ phony IDs to push Dalriada over the top.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:55 pm

Yeah I should have put "UNOFFICIAL" winner for Dalriada re 2017
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:35 am

A tie between Dark Matter and Spoil Engine..... I would definitely choose Dark Matter, then
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:54 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:35 am A tie between Dark Matter and Spoil Engine..... I would definitely choose Dark Matter, then
    ditto. maybe another poll for those two?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:13 pm

That was interesting, just a few hours ago there was a triple draw with Spoil Engine, Dark Matter and Without Waves, and two last-minute votes ruled the last one out of the draw.

I say we leave it as it is and have two winners for the current edition. I’m sure it is more than well deserved for both of them.
    Wishlist:

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:38 pm

It is what it is. I also agree on leaving it that way, even though I would consider adding Without Waves in the tie.

Each band gets half a jacket :P
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:51 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:38 pm It is what it is. I also agree on leaving it that way, even though I would consider adding Without Waves in the tie.

Do we even know who has the jacket/battle vest now? :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:57 pm

Pellaz wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:51 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:38 pm It is what it is. I also agree on leaving it that way, even though I would consider adding Without Waves in the tie.

Do we even know who has the jacket/battle vest now? :lol:
    MOST likely Masacre.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:34 am

Why would we add Without Waves if they got one less vote? :D
    Unless someone strongly disagrees later on I will declare Spoil Engine and Dark Matter "officially" winners.
    Wishlist:

cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:23 am

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:34 am

Why would we add Without Waves if they got one less vote? :D
    Unless someone strongly disagrees later on I will declare Spoil Engine and Dark Matter "officially" winners.
    um because they have less votes than the other bands with more votes. more votes means you win, otherwise what's the god damn point?
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:08 am

most votes should get the win , so in this case a shared victory for the top 2 bands !
    other option maybe extend voting 1 additional week to see if tie can be broken that way .
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:36 am

It is obvious Dark Matter and Spoil Engine are the winners. I just mentioned Without Waves cuz I liked them more :lol:

No more voting. Let this be the first year we get a tie in Cripper Bands
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:50 am

No more debate required.

Congratulations to Spoil Engine and Dark Matter for becoming the Cripper Award winners for 70k 2020!!! For the first time we had a tie in the voting :)

2014 - Izegrim
    2015 - Masacre
    2016 - Twilight Force
    2017 - no winner
    2018 - Gyze
    2019 - Carnation
    2020 - Dark Matter & Spoil Engine
    Wishlist:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Congrats to the winners!

Now, who gets to go tell Masacre to bring back the jacket, and for the two winners this year, do they get left-side right-side, or do we divide it front and back? :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Pellaz wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:55 pm Congrats to the winners!

Now, who gets to go tell Masacre to bring back the jacket, and for the two winners this year, do they get left-side right-side, or do we divide it front and back? :lol:
    I say they fight to death for it. There can only be one. It doesn't get any more Metal than that.
    Wishlist:

Post Reply 47 posts