Post Reply 214 posts
Round 11 Sets Sail From January 30th to February 3rd, 2023
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Round 11 Sets Sail From January 30th to February 3rd, 2023

by Castroh » Fri May 20, 2022 4:23 pm

mooyagi wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:19 pm
    Castroh wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm I can’t wait to finally get my 10th sailing under my belt!

Any idea if a Monkeypox and Covid vaccination card will be required to get on the ship?
    They give you a punch card. Catch Covid, Monkeypox and another of your choosing (my vote is for Bird Flu) before getting on the ship. 3 punches gives you a free Sorrentos. :P
    What a deal! I’m gonna catch all of them at least three times, and get as many shots at possible. See you onbroad!
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Of Course!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:05 pm

Castroh wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm I can’t wait to finally get my 10th sailing under my belt!

Any idea if a Monkeypox and Covid vaccination card will be required to get on the ship?
    A similar question was asked on Facebook.

The answer they gave was:

"We will need to follow Cruise Line regulations, info about which ship and which Cruise Line we are sailing on will be released in the near future."
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Orpheus-Omega-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Tyr-Arkona-/-Skid-Row
    2023(!!) Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Volturian-/-Within-Temptation
    taraimaro
    Oiler

by taraimaro » Sun May 22, 2022 6:00 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:05 pm

A similar question was asked on Facebook.

The answer they gave was:

"We will need to follow Cruise Line regulations, info about which ship and which Cruise Line we are sailing on will be released in the near future."
    I'll just comment the same thing I said in the Facebook group: nobody knows now what the covid-related travel regulations and vaccination cards will be in January 2023 because it's over eight months from now. The US announced late September 2021 so about 8 months ago that vaccinated travellers from certain countries including the EU are allow into the US from November 9th, 2021. Several EU countries have changed the rules regarding vax card validity this spring. The card is valid 270 days after two jabs but so far they haven't made any decisions regarding the validity of the EU vaccination card after receiving a booster jab. So what could count as "fully vaccinated" in January, I don't know.

For example Estonia at some point required that masks need to be used indoor in public areas on ships sailing under the Estonian flag but the ships of same cruise lines sailing under Swedish or Finnish flag did not have such requirement. Then in April when the covid19 situation was already much better, the mask mandate ended. Rules can change on a short notice, starting immediately or only a few days after the announcement.

So it's really difficult so say right now what the entry rules into the US are in January for EU citizens, Australians, Japanese or any other foreigners. Also it's difficult to say what kind of mask and vaccine rules specific cruise lines will have in January. Probably at least a lot of WASHY WASHY before eating :D :D
    2017 - survivor
    2018 - survivor
    2019 - survivor
    2020 - survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun May 22, 2022 5:14 pm

Yeah, it's certainly a fool's errand to try and predict what protocols will be in place over 8 months from now. Hopefully we'll be at a point where there is no more protocol in place by the end of January.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • VorAbaddon
    Wiper

by VorAbaddon » Sun May 22, 2022 5:21 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOO! FUCK! YES! Ohhhhh, this news is the best thing I've heard in 2022. :shred:
    Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:06 am

My wife and I looked into a cruise in February. Proof of vaccination was required at that time.

I agree with taraimaro though. There's no way to know until we get there. Who knows what the politicians are going to decree in any country.
  • valia
    Wiper

by valia » Mon May 23, 2022 3:31 am

Wish list 2023: Be'lakor, Archspire, The Zenith Passage, Allegaeon, Rotting Christ, Alustrium, Angelus Apatrida, Arsis, Astral Doors, Avulsed, Burning Witches, Clouds, Crypta, Death Angel, Decadence, DordeDuh, Exmortus, Eternal Storm, Equipoise, Evergrey, Kalmah, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Havok, Helloween, Hinayana, Hour of Penance, In Mourning, Insomnium, Into Eternity, KK's Priest, Kronos, Lion's Share, Manticora, Marianas Rest, Metsatoll, Mors Principium Est, Necrophagist, Onslaught, Origin, Persefone, Persuader, Revocation, Rhapsody, Ravager, Rings of Saturn, Russkaja, Sanctuary, Soen, Solipsist, Suicidal Angels, Testament, Them, Thyrfing, Unleash the Archers, Vexovoid, Zonaria, Zornheym.
  • ogotruz
    Wiper

by ogotruz » Mon May 23, 2022 1:10 pm

My Wishlist:
    Airbourne / Amon Amarth / Arch Enemy / Behemoth / Doro / Gotthard /Hammerfall / Kreator / Megadeth / Nightwish / Overkill / Powerwolf / Thundermother / The Pretty Reckless / The Offspring .... Slayer - please come back !!!!

R A M M S T E I N :lol:

That's it .... see you soon!
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 am

Mokoma
    Turmion kätilöt
    Verikalpa
    Lost society

2013 survivor
    2015 survivor
    2017 survivor
    2019 survivor
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • EFR25
    Wiper

by EFR25 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:45 am

Coroner
    Mastodon
    Metal Church
    Soen
    Helloween
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu May 26, 2022 1:31 am

We now have dates and a departure port....and there was MUCH rejoicing. :heavydrink:

Now I'm going to haunt the Royal Caribbean board over at CruiseCritic, because at some point Royal will cancel Freedom of the Seas' current Jan. 30th sailing, and the whining and tears will make me nod and grin. :lol: (I'd say there's a 95% chance that we'll be on the Freedom.)

Regarding COVID protocols, Royal has already confirmed that their current voluntary COVID safety protocols will remain in place through September. There is no way we can know what the future will hold.
    Although I'm fully vaxxed and boosted (for travel purposes), I'm hoping the vaccine requirement is dumped but the pre-cruise test requirement can remain in place (72-hour advance). After all, the vaccine doesn't prevent anyone from catching or transmitting it, but pre-cruise testing would at least cut down any currently active cases.
    202x Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: (crying)
    202x: SoooOOOooooooon
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 pm

I agree with you, Pellaz. I just returned from ProgPower, and the sheer numbers of people who ended up with Covid is mindblowing. I am amazed that I came back unscathed (although I did wear a mask 98% of the time). Negative tests within 24-48 hours would be the way to go, IMO. The thought of getting sick on the cruise is unsettling for me, but I don't want to miss it and I really don't want to wear a mask all of the damn time.
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: BRING IT!!!
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:15 am

The list of bands already are AMAZING! I can’t wait to see who’s next!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:56 pm

Bolt_Thrower wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:15 am The list of bands already are AMAZING! I can’t wait to see who’s next!!
    Pandemics come and pandemics go, but one thing will never change.

The Skipper will do what he wants, when he wants, and we will suck it up and deal with it :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Orpheus-Omega-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Tyr-Arkona-/-Skid-Row
    2023(!!) Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Volturian-/-Within-Temptation
Post Reply 214 posts