Post Reply 277 posts
2025 Wishlist (Repeats and First Timers)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 2025 Wishlist (Repeats and First Timers)

by Pellaz » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:33 am

Hey Statsman,

Please add Obsidious to my list. Formed in 2020 by ex-members of Obscura and signed by Seasons of Mist. :headbanger:

(Not to be confused with the one from New Zealand. :lol: )
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Ties
    Oiler

by Ties » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:36 am

Top 5 Picks:
    Delain (Epica was on board last time, so we need Delain this time)
    Hiraes (new band of former Cripper vocalist Britta Goertz, Arch Enemy style but better)
    Insanity Alert (Austrian Thrash Metal fun)
    Vanden Plas (Germany's best Prog Metal band, new album out this year)
    XIV Dark Centuries (my favourite Pagan Metal band)

Other bands I would like to see on board:
    Alestorm
    All For Metal
    Amorhpis
    ...And Oceans
    At The Gates
    Belzebubs
    Brymir
    Cannibal Corpse
    Civil War
    Dance With The Dead
    Dark Tranquillity
    Deathstars
    Electric Callboy
    Ensiferum
    Finntroll
    Hammerfall
    Heaven Shall Burn
    Koyi K Uto
    Kreator
    Kvaen
    Moonsorrow
    Night Crowned
    Obituary
    Powerwolf
    Rabia Sorda
    Rise Of The Northstar
    Ryujin
    Sabaton
    SkyEye
    Soulfly
    Symphony X
    Third Wave
    Thronehammer
    Trollfest
    Turisas
    Wintersun
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:11 pm

Accept
    Alestorm
    Amberian Dawn
    Amon Amarth
    Ancestral Curse
    Ancient Bards
    Annihilator
    Archon Angel
    Ascension
    At The Gates
    Battle Beast
    Battle Born
    Beast in Black
    Bloodbound
    Cruachan
    Dragonforce
    Dragonheart
    Ensiferum
    Evermore
    Evertale
    Excalion
    Exodus
    Fellowship
    Feuerschwanz
    Forbidden
    Freedom Call
    Frozen Crown
    Gloryhammer
    Hammerfall
    Hatriot
    Heathen
    Helloween
    Into Eternity
    Jag Panzer
    Kamelot (they're pretty much guaranteed, no?)
    Krilloan
    Majestica
    Mercyful Fate
    Metal Church
    Moonlight Haze
    NorthTale
    Orden Ogan
    Powerwolf
    Primal Fear
    Queensryche
    Reckless Love
    Rexoria
    Rhapsody (any iteration)
    Sabaton
    Savatage
    Scorched Moon
    Skeletoon
    Solemn Vision
    Sonata Arctica
    Stratovarius
    Twilight Force
    Unleash The Archers
    Virgin Steele
    Visions of Atlantis
    Warbringer
    Wintersun
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:29 am

Dallas, please add Cemetery Skyline to my wishlist. :cheers:
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:27 am

toby wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:29 am Dallas, please add Cemetery Skyline to my wishlist. :cheers:
    Without actually hearing them? WOW
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:12 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:27 am
    toby wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:29 am Dallas, please add Cemetery Skyline to my wishlist. :cheers:
    Without actually hearing them? WOW
    With that lineup, I have a hard time believing I won't like it. I just hope they have a set worth of material by then. lol
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:13 pm

Half a dozen requests for CEMETERY SKYLINE already. Not bad for a band with zero music out :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    AverageMetalDrummer
    Chief Petty Officer

by AverageMetalDrummer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:13 pm Half a dozen requests for CEMETERY SKYLINE already. Not bad for a band with zero music out :D
    I feel like they could record a jam session in a garage with a single mic in a coffee can and it would still make a good album, lol. There’s almost zero chance that they’ll put out something that completely sucks. Just in case my post in the other wishlist thread got buried, I’d like to add them to my list as well, thanks.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 am

AverageMetalDrummer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:55 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:13 pm Half a dozen requests for CEMETERY SKYLINE already. Not bad for a band with zero music out :D
    I feel like they could record a jam session in a garage with a single mic in a coffee can and it would still make a good album, lol. There’s almost zero chance that they’ll put out something that completely sucks. Just in case my post in the other wishlist thread got buried, I’d like to add them to my list as well, thanks.
    All good mate - I'm all over it like seagulls on a chip.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Bruno
    Wiper

by Bruno » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:48 am

Heyheyhey - this is fun & all new to me although "hanging out with you guys several times in the past" applies. So here it goes - divided by:

Pushing the numbers:

Behemoth
    Borknagar
    Be'Lakor
    Unleash The Archers
    Gojira
    In Flames
    Helloween
    Wintersun
    Kalmah
    Sabaton
    Powerwolf
    Arch Enemy
    Soilwork
    Lacuna Coil
    Symphony X
    Rotting Christ
    Turisas
    Tyr
    Sonata Arctica
    Finntroll
    TrollfesT

Probably mentioned, but missing in the top notch:

Haggard
    End of green
    Gurd
    Killer be killed
    Mercenary
    Skalmöld
    Tiamat
    Undrask
    White Skull
    Wuthering Heights
    Heidra
    Annihilator
    ASP
    Axis Disrupt
    Bloodbound
    Exmortus
    Fiddler's Green
    Heavenly
    Meshuggah
    Pain
    Soil

And of course my personal Cripper Award finalists - mentioned or not, idk, idc:

Aeon of Awareness
    Eyes Wide Open
    Fallensun
    Pentastone
    Circle of Silence
    Creed of Pain
    Diretone
    Emerald Sun
    Set before us
    Silius
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:32 am

AverageMetalDrummer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:55 pmI feel like they could record a jam session in a garage with a single mic in a coffee can and it would still make a good album, lol. There’s almost zero chance that they’ll put out something that completely sucks. Just in case my post in the other wishlist thread got buried, I’d like to add them to my list as well, thanks.
    There has been at least an example of a band that caused so much hype because of their members, but then the album was completely forgettable. Yes, I'm talking about you, Storm Corrosion :lol:

In any case, I hope Cemetery Skyline releases something good. Fingers crossed
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:47 am

cegr80 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:32 am
    AverageMetalDrummer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:55 pmI feel like they could record a jam session in a garage with a single mic in a coffee can and it would still make a good album, lol. There’s almost zero chance that they’ll put out something that completely sucks. Just in case my post in the other wishlist thread got buried, I’d like to add them to my list as well, thanks.
    There has been at least an example of a band that caused so much hype because of their members, but then the album was completely forgettable. Yes, I'm talking about you, Storm Corrosion :lol:

In any case, I hope Cemetery Skyline releases something good. Fingers crossed
    Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. lol That one was definitely underwhelming compared to what it could have been, but I find Steven's solo work is really hit or miss with me anyway (at least compared to PT which is rarely a miss).
  • Zink
    Wiper

by Zink » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:41 pm

:deathhorns:
    These are the droids, I mean bands, you are looking for!
    Ensiferum
    Exodus
    Tyr
    Alestorm
    Annihilator
    Dragon Force
    Eluveitie
    Fintroll
    Kreator
    Overkill
    Sabaton
    Therion
    Arch Enemy
    Candlemass
    Iced Earth
    Nile
    Origen
    Testament
    Wintersun
    Accept
    Aether Realm
    Amaranthe
    Amon Amarth
    Battle Beast
    Bloodbound
    Cradle of Filth
    Draconian
    Elenking
    Feuerschwanz
    Helloween
    Iron Savior
    Kissing Dynamite
    Metal Church
    Order Organ
    Skiltron
    Symphony X
    Unleash the Archers
    Ad Infitum
    Ashes of Ares
    Beast in Black
    Bruce Dickinson
    Demons and Wizards
    Dream Evil
    Dream Theater
    Frozen Crown
    Ghost
    Hammerking
    KK’s Preist
    Lovebites
    Manowar
    Powerwolf
    Queensryche
    Savatage
    Spinal Tap
    Steel Panther
    Trivium
    Do
    Wasp
    Yngwie Malmsteen
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:02 pm

We are up to over 175 people having requests submitted. A nice chunk and definitely a 'statistically significant' proportion of the total cruisers :)

I'll collate everything over the Easter long weekend and submit to the skipper shortly after I think.

Because I'm guessing/hoping we get more news ....

SOON
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:02 pm We are up to over 175 people having requests submitted. A nice chunk and definitely a 'statistically significant' proportion of the total cruisers :)

I'll collate everything over the Easter long weekend and submit to the skipper shortly after I think.

SOON
    It's Easter weekend?
  • Ishamael
    Wiper

by Ishamael » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:57 am

Revised:

Lacuna Coil
    Seven Spires
    Kamelot
    Ancient Bards
    Haggard
    Cradle of Filth
    Xandria
    Draconian
    Unleash the Archers
    Dark Tranquility
    Dragonforce
    Amaranthe
    Visions of Atlantis
    Cellar Darling
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:52 pm

toby wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:00 pm It's Easter weekend?
    I guess Easter isn't as big a deal in the USA as in Australia?

https://www.news.com.au/travel/destinat ... 823234b9ed

It's an EXTRA long weekend for us - Good Friday is always a public holiday, Easter Monday is always a public holiday. So if someone in Australia had said to me 'oh is it easter this weekend?' I'd assume that they had lived in a cave for the last 12 months.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • rjdevries
    Oiler

by rjdevries » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:40 am

Again, Solemn Vision....

Also, how awesome would it be if we get both Apocalyptida and Van Canto, add Nina Hagen to the mix because she's amazing

Oh, and maybe Doro Pesch
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:16 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:52 pm
    toby wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:00 pm It's Easter weekend?
    I guess Easter isn't as big a deal in the USA as in Australia?

https://www.news.com.au/travel/destinat ... 823234b9ed

It's an EXTRA long weekend for us - Good Friday is always a public holiday, Easter Monday is always a public holiday. So if someone in Australia had said to me 'oh is it easter this weekend?' I'd assume that they had lived in a cave for the last 12 months.
    It really depends on location. It's a pretty big deal in majority Catholic areas here. I live in one, but our company was bought mid-2022 by a company based in Texas, so we don't get any holidays for Easter. And no college kids to know when Spring Break is. So, I really didn't know when it was this year (not my holiday lol). Also, I'm mostly WFH lately, so I really don't get out among the Easter crowd.
    TroubleChris
    Oiler

by TroubleChris » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:06 am

Man, it would be so great if these bands were onbroad for ‘25

Battle Beast
    Hirax
    Trouble
    Devil Electric
    Alunah
    Hiraes
    Kreator
    Testament
    Amberian Dawn
    Eleine
    Death Angel
    Arch Enemy
    Ashes of Ares
    Delain
    Emperor
    Graves At Sea
    Empress
    Always try to keep in mind...
    Its what we see that makes us blind.

-Eric Wagner
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:16 pm

toby wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:00 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:02 pm We are up to over 175 people having requests submitted. A nice chunk and definitely a 'statistically significant' proportion of the total cruisers :)

SOON
    It's Easter weekend?
    Wow, that came up fast. :shock: I always love playing the "Which stores/restaurants are open" game each holiday. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    AverageMetalDrummer
    Chief Petty Officer

by AverageMetalDrummer » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:22 pm

Regarding the Cemetery Skyline discussion from a few days ago (in case anyone hasn’t seen this):

https://youtu.be/y1PQE6cxXK4?si=l302ExVU7yUCbFkt

It’s not exactly what I expected, but I still dig it.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:02 pm

AverageMetalDrummer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:22 pm Regarding the Cemetery Skyline discussion from a few days ago (in case anyone hasn’t seen this):

Yeah, they said Gothic Rock, and they delivered that. I'm interested in hearing more.
    AverageMetalDrummer
    Chief Petty Officer

by AverageMetalDrummer » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:29 pm

toby wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:02 pm
    AverageMetalDrummer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:22 pm Regarding the Cemetery Skyline discussion from a few days ago (in case anyone hasn’t seen this):

Yeah, they said Gothic Rock, and they delivered that. I'm interested in hearing more.
    Pretty cool. I didn’t know what to expect, honestly. I like that they’re highlighting Mikael’s clean vocals. Definitely looking forward to future releases.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:13 pm

AverageMetalDrummer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:29 pm
    toby wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:02 pm

Pretty cool. I didn’t know what to expect, honestly. I like that they’re highlighting Mikael’s clean vocals. Definitely looking forward to future releases.
    Gothic rock is a relatively wide spectrum, but The Cure, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, etc. all fall within it. It was one of the many genres I listened to in the 80s. I can even see some Fields of the Nephilim type stuff coming out of them at some point.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:30 am

Yup, that Cemetery Skyline single is solid
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:25 am

add me to the Cemetery Skyline list please, as well as Godthrymm
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:59 am

Dallas, please add:

Atrae Bilis
    Cemetery Skyline
    Counting Hours
    Job For A Cowboy
    Kaunis Kuolematon
    Malphas
    MØL
    Obsidious
    Solbrud
    Stormkeep
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:11 pm

BIG UPDATE

Last year we ended up with 14 bands from the top 100, and 8 bands with zero requests. And over 10,000 requests from 233 different people.

So far we have 8,180 requests from 177 different people, and 2,500 different acts.

Note that ORANGE are bands that have NOT been on previously, and RED will be bands that are ruled out already, GREEN will be for announced repeating bands, and BLUE will be for announced bands playing 70k for the first time!

Cutting off at 16 requests now gives us the top 99, and 29 of those have never been on 70k previously. The gap is still widening between Veterans v Virgins, with MELODEATH and POWER METAL dominating the top 10!

47 Be'Lakor

45 Powerwolf

44 Amon Amarth

43 Dimmu Borgir

41 Ensiferum

40 Sabaton

39 Helloween

37 Unleash The Archers, Wintersun

36 Eluveitie

35 Arch Enemy

34 Dark Tranquillity, Stratovarius, Testament

33 Shitestorm, Kalmah

30 Aephanemer, Battle Beast, Beast in Black, Borknagar

29 Amorphis, Devin Townsend

28 Behemoth

27 Feuerschwanz

26 Hammerfall, Insomnium, Ne Obliviscaris, Overkill, Therion

25 Amaranthe, Cradle of Filth, Opeth, Orden Ogan, Septicflesh, Symphony X, Within Temptation

24 Draconian, Swallow The Sun,

23 Ad Infinitum, Dragonforce, Gojira, In Flames

22 Avantasia, Death Angel, Lacuna Coil, Myrath, Turisas

21 Agalloch, Rotting Christ, Tyr

20 Aether Realm, Blackbraid, Finntroll, Kreator, Sonata Arctica

19 Cannibal Corpse, Evergrey, Kamelot, Orbit Culture, Seven Spires, Twilight Force

18 Alcest, Arkona, Beyond The Black, Brothers of Metal, Brymir, Delain, Electric Callboy, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Exodus, Gaerea, Gamma Ray, Paradise Lost, Rivers of Nihil, TrollfesT, Zeal & Ardor

17 Annihilator, Apocalyptica, At The Gates, Bloodbath, Carcass, In Mourning, MGLA, Moonspell, Primordial, Satyricon

16 Cattle Decapitation, Enslaved, Frozen Crown, Harakiri For The Sky, Havok, Lovebites, Moonsorrow, Nightwish, Revocation, Saltatio Mortis, Soen, Soilwork, Xandria
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:23 pm

Dallas, please add ... to my wishlist.
    I've just discovered them, but they deserve to be mentioned.

Suotana; like Kalmah with a bit more blackish vocals I would say; https://suotana.bandcamp.com

and thank you for keeping the stats! :cheers:
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020 / 2024
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:28 pm

Soundchaser wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:23 pm Dallas, please add ... to my wishlist.
    I've just discovered them, but they deserve to be mentioned.

Suotana; like Kalmah with a bit more blackish vocals I would say; https://suotana.bandcamp.com

and thank you for keeping the stats! :cheers:
    A reasonably popular request - that is now 'vote' #7 for those guys :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:28 pm A reasonably popular request - that is now 'vote' #7 for those guys :)
    nice to hear!
    I'm sure they sooon get more :headbanger:
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020 / 2024
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:24 pm

I can't believe I forgot this one on my list, but I would be remiss not to add a request for Feuerschwanz to my wishlist.
    MMatti
    Crewman

by MMatti » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:11 am

Soundchaser wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:43 pm nice to hear!
    I'm sure they sooon get more :headbanger:
    I hope so. Great band. I already did my part when I dropped my list.. :headbanger:
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:53 am

I didn't think this would ever happen as The Kovenant are a very different band to their former Covenant days, but this was announced today and is the month before the next cruise. It would be a really nice black metal candidate to have on broad.

I'd also like to add Forbidden and Tanith to my wishlist as they were both excellent at Hell's Heroes and would happily do 2 sets of both again.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    AverageMetalDrummer
    Chief Petty Officer

by AverageMetalDrummer » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:37 am

I’m adding the newly-formed supergroup Category 7 to my wishlist. They won’t release their first single until May 2nd, but my gut tells me I’ll enjoy them based on the lineup.

https://www.metalblade.com/us/news/cat ... e-records/
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:17 am

Ravenlord wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:53 am I didn't think this would ever happen as The Kovenant are a very different band to their former Covenant days, but this was announced today and is the month before the next cruise. It would be a really nice black metal candidate to have on broad.

I'd also like to add Forbidden and Tanith to my wishlist as they were both excellent at Hell's Heroes and would happily do 2 sets of both again.

yeah, those Covenant albums were SO great!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
Post Reply 277 posts