Post Reply 704 posts
Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:37 am

Thanks as always for your hard work on the app!

Regarding the issue with the app on my LG V20 -- full schedule not displaying and no button on the top right to bring it up -- what info do you need from me to try to troubleshoot the problem?
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:07 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:37 am Thanks as always for your hard work on the app!

Regarding the issue with the app on my LG V20 -- full schedule not displaying and no button on the top right to bring it up -- what info do you need from me to try to troubleshoot the problem?
    Now that you have a proper Internet connection. If you click on a band do you see the schedule details for that band. I suspect you just had a bad Internet connection, as no one else reported any problems. If that is not the case, then tell me you were android version and I’ll see what I can do. Hard to reproduce in major issue when only one incident of it is discovered, but I can give it a shot.

Did anyone else have the issue of the schedule just not appearing on their android phone?
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 pm

slayergeek wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:07 am
    Pellaz wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:37 am Thanks as always for your hard work on the app!

Now that you have a proper Internet connection. If you click on a band do you see the schedule details for that band. I suspect you just had a bad Internet connection, as no one else reported any problems. If that is not the case, then tell me you were android version and I’ll see what I can do. Hard to reproduce in major issue when only one incident of it is discovered, but I can give it a shot.

Did anyone else have the issue of the schedule just not appearing on their android phone?
    Yes, on the boat when I clicked on a band name their scheduled times DID appear. They are doing so now as well, but there is no way to access to the full schedule listing.

From "system update history" on my phone: "Software updated to VS99520c November 17, 2018"
    It says it is currently up to date.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:08 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 pm
    slayergeek wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:07 am

Yes, on the boat when I clicked on a band name their scheduled times DID appear. They are doing so now as well, but there is no way to access to the full schedule listing.

From "system update history" on my phone: "Software updated to VS99520c November 17, 2018"
    It says it is currently up to date.
    That almost sounds like the date on your phone was set into the future. Events disappear an hour after they have been started. I just released a new feature to beta, which be available to everyone soon, that allows you to shows ‘Expired Events’, this is now available under the ‘Filters’ screen.
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:48 pm

I have a feature request.

Is there any chance you could put the "filters" inside the options screen? I spent half the cruise swearing because I kept getting times for sets confused with signing sessions. Several people I talked to about it also didn't like it. Finally, somebody showed me where the tiny "filters" was in the upper-left corner. Just put it in the options so everybody can find it please.

BTW, I loved being able to switch between the timeline and alphabetical listings.

A couple other feature requests: It was be if when we marked bands we'd like to see, if we could give them a 1 set or 2 set rating.
    It would be great if we could then mark, "I saw this show". If it was a 2 set band, nothing happens. If a 1 set band, maybe have a pop-up that asks the user if they'd like to change them to a 2 set. If they say, "Yes", then change that band to a 2 set. If "No", then remove the second check or beer from that band, if the second set hasn't happened yet.

I'd also love it if the app had the capability of allowing me to make notes about a performance inside the app (per set).
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Yippee38 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:48 pm I have a feature request.

Is there any chance you could put the "filters" inside the options screen? I spent half the cruise swearing because I kept getting times for sets confused with signing sessions. Several people I talked to about it also didn't like it. Finally, somebody showed me where the tiny "filters" was in the upper-left corner. Just put it in the options so everybody can find it please.

BTW, I loved being able to switch between the timeline and alphabetical listings.

A couple other feature requests: It was be if when we marked bands we'd like to see, if we could give them a 1 set or 2 set rating.
    It would be great if we could then mark, "I saw this show". If it was a 2 set band, nothing happens. If a 1 set band, maybe have a pop-up that asks the user if they'd like to change them to a 2 set. If they say, "Yes", then change that band to a 2 set. If "No", then remove the second check or beer from that band, if the second set hasn't happened yet.

I'd also love it if the app had the capability of allowing me to make notes about a performance inside the app (per set).
    I will make a poll and see if people like the

Must/Might/Won’t
    Or want to switch to 2 Sets,1 Set, 0 Sets

Moving filters to preferences is something I will consider, not sure if that is the right move, but if anyone else wants to weigh in, I am open.

One thing that I think will help, is previously ‘Filters’ was missing from the interface until the schedule was released. Today Filters will are always available, so hopefully more people will notice and explore this.

There were a lot of new features this year, and not all of them were super obvious. I did publish a manual, but not everyone seeks that out. I am going to publish a video with a feature walkthrough for next year, hopefully that might help.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Survivor

WishList
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:38 am

slayergeek wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Must/Might/Won’t
    Would it be possible to have a 5 scale options? Something like 2 setter/at least 1 set/1 set/if there's time check this/no thanks. At least I had sometimes difficulties to remember which of the new "Maybe" bands is more interesting.
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am

Bug report: I spoke and showed you this at the meet-n-greet. Older Android, 4.4.4, when viewing notes, only appears correctly in vertical mode, horizontal orientation the notes are not visible.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Bob wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am Bug report: I spoke and showed you this at the meet-n-greet. Older Android, 4.4.4, when viewing notes, only appears correctly in vertical mode, horizontal orientation the notes are not visible.
    Yep, you did show me the bug, but the bug is not what you think it is.

The notes are supposed to disappear, that is intentional. The schedule was supposed to be visible, and on your phone it was not. So there is a bug, agreed, but the notes missing in horizontal mode is intentional.

I do have to cut data, or make the whole display scrollable when going from vertical to horizontal.

I chose to avoid scrolling and display everything in vertical and remove the notes in horizontal. I will ensure that for the next Android release this will work as designed.

If you would like to advocate for a different design choice, I am open to that.
    Survivor

WishList
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm

I would personally really like the "share" feature to either automatically list partial sets or have an option to do so. I caught 31 shows I think (I still have to update some stuff in the app that I messed up) and maybe 5 were full, my list is sad and I'd love to see em all.
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 pm

slayergeek wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:09 pm ...
    If you would like to advocate for a different design choice, I am open to that.
    Roger that. I'm good with your design, thanks!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm

AstridDragon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm I would personally really like the "share" feature to either automatically list partial sets or have an option to do so. I caught 31 shows I think (I still have to update some stuff in the app that I messed up) and maybe 5 were full, my list is sad and I'd love to see em all.
    Share you output and let me know what you would want changed?

I do not list what bands are partial, but I do include how many full and how many partial shows you attended
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:30 pm

FinnPete wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:38 am
    slayergeek wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Must/Might/Won’t
    Would it be possible to have a 5 scale options? Something like 2 setter/at least 1 set/1 set/if there's time check this/no thanks. At least I had sometimes difficulties to remember which of the new "Maybe" bands is more interesting.
    I know some people want a more complicated scale, I am not sure if that is good idea.

It would complicate the filtering and the alert settings.

Right now there are 3 choices with 4 filters. Each filter is one click away. You can alert on Must, and Might, or just Must. For changing the scale to give more choices I would have to rework the filtering and alerting preferences.

Maybe hide all below 3? Seems like more than most would need.

Chime in you feel the change would be worth it. I am willing to create a poll and go with the crowd if we get a few 'I second that motion' here is the comments.
    Survivor

WishList
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:38 pm

slayergeek wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm
    AstridDragon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm I would personally really like the "share" feature to either automatically list partial sets or have an option to do so. I caught 31 shows I think (I still have to update some stuff in the app that I messed up) and maybe 5 were full, my list is sad and I'd love to see em all.

I do not list what bands are partial, but I do include how many full and how many partial shows you attended
    For Shows
    Eluveitie 1 time
    Ensiferum 2 times
    Mors Principium Est 1 time
    Ne Obliviscaris 1 time
    Rage 1 time
    TYR 1 time
    2 of those were partial shows

I would want to see another section of that list that shows "partial" events.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:46 pm

AstridDragon wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:38 pm
    slayergeek wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm

For Shows
    Eluveitie 1 time
    Ensiferum 2 times
    Mors Principium Est 1 time
    Ne Obliviscaris 1 time
    Rage 1 time
    TYR 1 time
    2 of those were partial shows

I would want to see another section of that list that shows "partial" events.

So list shat individual bands were partial then? Or you attended 'part' of the pre-party of Karaoke?
    Survivor

WishList
    AstridDragon
    Petty Officer

by AstridDragon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 pm

slayergeek wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:46 pm

So list shat individual bands were partial then? Or you attended 'part' of the pre-party of Karaoke?
    I would say both, but if i had to pick one, it would be partial bands.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:06 am

Hey guys. Work has begun on the 2020 version of the 70K Bands app.

I have worked out a lot of the details as to where I will store data, and have a working version in late development on iOS and am starting work on the Android version.

In anticipation of the new version being release sometime in the near future, I have updated the privacy policy of the app.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Zh ... bURVi5YzJs

Assuming I get this version out before band announcement starts, 2019 data 'could' be reported on. The sample size will be lower than 2020, as not everyone will launch the app to report on 2019 data, but we will see what we get.

I have made the privacy policy very explicit as to what data is being captured, so hopefully even if you are a user concerned about privacy and are normally reluctant to let companies track information about you, you can be assure that this activity will not compromise your privacy in any way.

See you on board!
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Ok, the first release that collects data is now available on the iOS and Android app stores.

All data collected is anonymous and can't be associated with any individual. Further details are available in the new privacy policy which details all data being collected.

https://docs.google.com/…/15ZhR-uS33wyl ... T7DiTP5J9-

I will release reports monthly about how the announcements are being reacted to by everyone. I will also release 2019 data after everyone has had a chance to launch and report their data.

I am interested to see what the trended are. I am expected 2019 data reporting to be somewhat subdued as most users will not start using the app until 2020 announcements start, but hopefully we will get enough reporting to be statistically significant for a lot of cool stats.
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:03 pm

Ok guys, I have some preliminary data. Since nothing is happening on the official 70,000 Tons site, the activity on the app is fairly low as well and that is effecting the number reported so far. If you would like to contribute to these number, just upgrade the app to the latest version and launch. Also ensure you have ranked all the bands and marked all the shows you attended within the app.

So there are currently 82 users who have upgraded the app and launched it since the current version was released on Sunday
    42 of those users indicated rankings for 10 or more bands
    Only 10 of those users indicated they attended 10 or more shows

So for all users the following numbers apply

Android 48 58.54%
    iOS 34 41.46%

United States 41 50.00%
    Germany 17 20.73%
    Canada 9 10.98%
    United Kingdom 4 4.88%
    Australia 2 2.44%
    Norway 2 2.44%
    Switzerland 2 2.44%
    Belgium 1 1.22%
    Spain 1 1.22%
    Russia 1 1.22%
    Turkey 1 1.22%

For the 42 users who provided band rankings. Here are the bands that were marked either Must or Might

Accept 37 88.10%
    Sodom 34 80.95%
    Mors Principium Est 34 80.95%
    Atrocity 33 78.57%
    Coroner 31 73.81%
    Eluveitie 31 73.81%
    Kalmah 31 73.81%
    TYR 31 73.81%
    Bloodbath 31 73.81%
    In Vain 30 71.43%
    Soulfly 30 71.43%
    Paradise Lost 30 71.43%
    Ensiferum 30 71.43%
    Rage 29 69.05%
    Obituary 29 69.05%
    Warbringer 28 66.67%
    Bodyfarm 28 66.67%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse 28 66.67%
    Exmortus 28 66.67%
    God Dethroned 27 64.29%
    Nile 27 64.29%
    Dark Funeral 27 64.29%
    Svartsot 26 61.90%
    Heidevolk 26 61.90%
    The Black Dahlia Murder 26 61.90%
    Persefone 26 61.90%
    Grim Reaper 26 61.90%
    Onslaught 25 59.52%
    Pestilence 25 59.52%
    Ne Obliviscaris 25 59.52%
    Gloryhammer 25 59.52%
    Unleash The Archers 24 57.14%
    Krisiun 24 57.14%
    Kamelot 23 54.76%
    Chontaraz 23 54.76%
    Tristania 22 52.38%
    Blood Red Throne 22 52.38%
    Vomitory 22 52.38%
    Twilight Force 22 52.38%
    Convulse 21 50.00%
    Tiamat 21 50.00%
    Van Canto 20 47.62%
    Mayan 20 47.62%
    Visions Of Atlantis 19 45.24%
    Subway To Sally 19 45.24%
    Napalm Death 18 42.86%
    Delain 18 42.86%
    Night Demon 18 42.86%
    Arkona 18 42.86%
    Riot V 17 40.48%
    Vicious Rumors 17 40.48%
    Raven 17 40.48%
    Nekrogoblikon 15 35.71%
    Perpetual Warfare 15 35.71%
    Cyhra 14 33.33%
    Dragony 14 33.33%
    Masacre 13 30.95%
    Carnation 13 30.95%
    Internal Suffering 11 26.19%
    Temperance 8 19.05%

For the Shows Attended, only 10 people provided data. With a sample size this small these numbers don't count for much, but hopefully more people will contribute to this as time goes on.

Fleshgod Apocalypse Rink 10 100.00%
    Atrocity Rink 9 90.00%
    Accept Pool 9 90.00%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Theater 9 90.00%
    Kalmah Theater 9 90.00%
    Soulfly Pool 9 90.00%
    TYR Rink 8 80.00%
    Pestilence Theater 8 80.00%
    Bloodbath Rink 8 80.00%
    Mors Principium Est Rink 8 80.00%
    Soulfly Theater 7 70.00%
    Bloodbath Pool 7 70.00%
    Sodom Pool 7 70.00%
    Mors Principium Est Pool 7 70.00%
    Krisiun Rink 7 70.00%
    Perpetual Warfare Lounge 7 70.00%
    Nile Rink 6 60.00%
    Krisiun Theater 6 60.00%
    Blood Red Throne Lounge 6 60.00%
    Ensiferum Theater 6 60.00%
    God Dethroned Rink 6 60.00%
    Sodom Theater 6 60.00%
    Perpetual Warfare Rink 6 60.00%
    Warbringer Theater 6 60.00%
    Accept Theater 6 60.00%
    Coroner Pool 6 60.00%
    Bodyfarm Rink 6 60.00%
    Vomitory Lounge 6 60.00%
    Persefone Rink 6 60.00%
    God Dethroned Lounge 6 60.00%
    Obituary Theater 5 50.00%
    Onslaught Rink 5 50.00%
    The Black Dahlia Murder Pool 5 50.00%
    Internal Suffering Lounge 5 50.00%
    Pestilence Lounge 5 50.00%
    Eluveitie Pool 5 50.00%
    Carnation Rink 5 50.00%
    Atrocity Lounge 5 50.00%
    Exmortus Lounge 5 50.00%
    Gloryhammer Pool 4 40.00%
    Masacre Lounge 4 40.00%
    Convulse Rink 4 40.00%
    Vomitory Rink 4 40.00%
    Svartsot Lounge 4 40.00%
    Grim Reaper Rink 4 40.00%
    Delain Theater 3 30.00%
    Delain Pool 3 30.00%
    Visions Of Atlantis Rink 3 30.00%
    Ensiferum Pool 3 30.00%
    Tristania Theater 3 30.00%
    Rage Theater 3 30.00%
    Napalm Death Theater 3 30.00%
    Dark Funeral Theater 3 30.00%
    Ne Obliviscaris Rink 3 30.00%
    Twilight Force Pool 2 20.00%
    Napalm Death Pool 2 20.00%
    Subway To Sally Theater 2 20.00%
    Rage Pool 2 20.00%
    Van Canto Rink 2 20.00%
    Eluveitie Theater 2 20.00%
    Warbringer Lounge 2 20.00%
    Kamelot Pool 2 20.00%
    Nile Pool 2 20.00%
    TYR Theater 2 20.00%
    Paradise Lost Theater 2 20.00%
    Visions Of Atlantis Pool 2 20.00%
    Nekrogoblikon Theater 2 20.00%
    Tiamat Rink 2 20.00%
    The Black Dahlia Murder Theater 2 20.00%
    Arkona Pool 2 20.00%
    Subway To Sally Pool 2 20.00%
    Mayan Theater 2 20.00%
    Paradise Lost Pool 2 20.00%
    Tiamat Pool 2 20.00%
    Nekrogoblikon Rink 2 20.00%
    Kalmah Pool 2 20.00%
    Twilight Force Lounge 2 20.00%
    Temperance Lounge 2 20.00%
    Ne Obliviscaris Pool 2 20.00%
    Dark Funeral Pool 2 20.00%
    Obituary Pool 2 20.00%
    Gloryhammer Lounge 2 20.00%
    Kamelot Theater 2 20.00%
    Night Demon Lounge 1 10.00%
    Mayan Rink 1 10.00%
    Chontaraz Rink 1 10.00%
    Exmortus Rink 1 10.00%
    Cyhra Lounge 1 10.00%
    Dragony Rink 1 10.00%
    Onslaught Theater 1 10.00%
    Raven Rink 1 10.00%
    Unleash The Archers Rink 1 10.00%
    Convulse Lounge 1 10.00%
    Masacre Rink 1 10.00%
    Riot V Rink 1 10.00%
    Riot V Pool 1 10.00%
    Night Demon Pool 1 10.00%
    Carnation Lounge 1 10.00%
    Raven Pool 1 10.00%
    Temperance Theater 1 10.00%
    Blood Red Throne Rink 1 10.00%
    Heidevolk Theater 1 10.00%
    Bodyfarm Lounge 1 10.00%
    Dragony Lounge 1 10.00%
    Coroner Theater 1 10.00%
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:21 pm

Ok guys, I am going to start posting data updates around the first of every month.

I am also going cut off band and event data at around the top 20 as this post would get really long otherwise.

I can post longer reports or specific requests if there seems to be demand.

This data is accurate as of 4/3/2019 5:00pm

Total Users for Country/Platform is 154

--------
    Android 88 57.10%
    iOS 66 42.90%
    --------
    United States 71 46.10%
    Germany 28 18.20%
    Canada 20 13.00%
    United Kingdom 11 7.10%
    Australia 4 2.60%
    Switzerland 4 2.60%
    Netherlands 3 1.90%
    Norway 2 1.30%
    Romania 2 1.30%
    Belgium 1 0.60%
    Finland 1 0.60%
    France 1 0.60%
    Luxembourg 1 0.60%
    Peru 1 0.60%
    Puerto Rico 1 0.60%
    Russian Federation 1 0.60%
    Spain 1 0.60%
    Turkey 1 0.60%
    --------

Total Users who provide more then 10 Must/Might/Wont rankings for 2019 is 92 so far
    Accept 72 78.30%
    Mors Principium Est 71 77.20%
    Sodom 70 76.10%
    Eluveitie 66 71.70%
    Paradise Lost 66 71.70%
    Coroner 64 69.60%
    Ensiferum 63 68.50%
    Soulfly 63 68.50%
    Obituary 62 67.40%
    Kalmah 61 66.30%
    Unleash The Archers 61 66.30%
    Bloodbath 59 64.10%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse 59 64.10%
    TYR 59 64.10%
    Warbringer 58 63.00%
    Atrocity 57 62.00%
    Exmortus 57 62.00%
    In Vain 57 62.00%
    Ne Obliviscaris 57 62.00%
    The Black Dahlia Murder 57 62.00%
    --------

Total Users who provide more then 10 event attendance information for 2019 is 23 so far
    Accept Pool 20 87%
    Kalmah Theater 15 65%
    Mors Principium Est Rink 14 61%
    Eluveitie Pool 13 57%
    Eluveitie Theater 13 57%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Theater 13 57%
    Persefone Rink 13 57%
    Soulfly Pool 13 57%
    TYR Rink 13 57%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Rink 12 52%
    Gloryhammer Pool 12 52%
    Accept Theater 11 48%
    Bloodbath Rink 11 48%
    Mors Principium Est Pool 11 48%
    Ne Obliviscaris Rink 11 48%
    Rage Pool 11 48%
    Dark Funeral Theater 10 44%
    Delain Pool 10 44%
    Delain Theater 10 44%
    Ensiferum Theater 10 44%
    God Dethroned Lounge 10 44%
    Kalmah Pool 10 44%
    Sodom Pool 10 44%
    Sodom Theater 10 44%
    Soulfly Theater 10 44%
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:14 pm

Hey guys. Sorry for the test message going out early today. That was an accident.

I have reset the app in preparation for 2020 announcements. I have no inside information of when these will be, but I would rather be too early than too late.

Hopefully Andy will come through with some bands soooon!
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed May 01, 2019 7:39 am

Hey guys. Here are stats for the 70K Bands app, Unofficial app for the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise. Some interesting data regarding the 2019 cruise as well as the countries survivors hail from!

Here is a first of the month report of user data. For 2019 data, I am not expecting that data to grow much. If you did not launch the app before I cut over to waiting for 2020 data, you can still report your data by use the 'Use Last Years Data' feature under preferences.

I am cutting off band, and event data at around the top 20 as this post would get really long otherwise. If 20 and 21 had the same number I expanded it to cover the like elements. I can post longer reports or specific requests if there seems to be demand.

This data is accurate as of 5/01/2019 4:00am
    Total Users for Country/Platform is 594. Not bad considering no announcements yet.
    --------
    Android 250 42.10%
    iOS 344 57.90%
    --------
    United States 250 42.10%
    Germany 100 16.80%
    Canada 79 13.30%
    United Kingdom 24 4.00%
    Switzerland 22 3.70%
    Norway 13 2.20%
    Mexico 12 2.00%
    Netherlands 12 2.00%
    Australia 11 1.90%
    Luxembourg 9 1.50%
    Sweden 9 1.50%
    Belgium 8 1.30%
    Colombia 7 1.20%
    Brazil 5 0.80%
    France 5 0.80%
    Costa Rica 3 0.50%
    Puerto Rico 3 0.50%
    Spain 3 0.50%
    Ecuador 2 0.30%
    Finland 2 0.30%
    Romania 2 0.30%
    South Africa 2 0.30%
    Austria 1 0.20%
    Bulgaria 1 0.20%
    Chile 1 0.20%
    Denmark 1 0.20%
    Guam 1 0.20%
    Italy 1 0.20%
    Panama 1 0.20%
    Peru 1 0.20%
    Russian Federation 1 0.20%
    Trinidad and Tobago 1 0.20%
    Turkey 1 0.20%
    --------
    Total Users who provide more then 10 Must/Might/Wont rankings for 2019 is 204
    Accept 155 76.00%
    Ensiferum 147 72.10%
    Sodom 146 71.60%
    Mors Principium Est 145 71.10%
    Eluveitie 143 70.10%
    Soulfly 143 70.10%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse 141 69.10%
    Paradise Lost 139 68.10%
    Coroner 138 67.60%
    Kalmah 138 67.60%
    Ne Obliviscaris 135 66.20%
    Obituary 135 66.20%
    Bloodbath 134 65.70%
    Nile 129 63.20%
    God Dethroned 127 62.30%
    TYR 127 62.30%
    Unleash The Archers 126 61.80%
    Dark Funeral 125 61.30%
    Onslaught 120 58.80%
    The Black Dahlia Murder 120 58.80%
    Warbringer 120 58.80%
    --------
    Total Users who provide more then 10 event attendance information for 2019 is 28
    Accept Pool 23 82%
    Kalmah Theater 18 64%
    Eluveitie Theater 17 61%
    Mors Principium Est Rink 17 61%
    Gloryhammer Pool 16 57%
    Persefone Rink 16 57%
    Soulfly Pool 16 57%
    TYR Rink 16 57%
    Eluveitie Pool 15 54%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Theater 15 54%
    Ne Obliviscaris Rink 14 50%
    Accept Theater 13 46%
    Bloodbath Rink 13 46%
    Ensiferum Theater 13 46%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Rink 13 46%
    Rage Pool 13 46%
    Soulfly Theater 13 46%
    Delain Theater 12 43%
    Mors Principium Est Pool 12 43%
    Sodom Pool 12 43%
    TYR Theater 12 43%
    Survivor

WishList
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:34 am

slayergeek wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:14 pm Hey guys. Sorry for the test message going out early today. That was an accident.
    Nah, that was allright imo. Cool to see some small 70k action at this time of the year :headbanger:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 am

Ok guys, Still no announcements yet, but what can we do. Here is the June report, a little late but I was out of town.
    I have started working with a graphic designer from the cruise on a new visual design for the app. There are still changes being made to the design, and let's see if I have the UI skills to actually implement the design this year, but improvements to the app are continuing! I will post a preview of the design when I am more confident on that we will be able to deliver :)
    Here is the data as of June 9th.
    Total Users for Country/Platform is 675
    --------
    Android 307 45.50%
    iOS 368 54.50%
    --------
    United States 282 41.80%
    Germany 119 17.60%
    Canada 88 13.00%
    United Kingdom 27 4.00%
    Switzerland 25 3.70%
    Australia 14 2.10%
    Norway 14 2.10%
    Mexico 12 1.80%
    Netherlands 12 1.80%
    Luxembourg 9 1.30%
    Sweden 9 1.30%
    Belgium 8 1.20%
    Colombia 8 1.20%
    France 6 0.90%
    Brazil 5 0.70%
    Finland 4 0.60%
    Spain 4 0.60%
    Costa Rica 3 0.40%
    Puerto Rico 3 0.40%
    Argentina 2 0.30%
    Ecuador 2 0.30%
    Italy 2 0.30%
    Romania 2 0.30%
    South Africa 2 0.30%
    Austria 1 0.10%
    Bulgaria 1 0.10%
    Chile 1 0.10%
    Denmark 1 0.10%
    Estonia 1 0.10%
    Guam 1 0.10%
    Indonesia 1 0.10%
    Panama 1 0.10%
    Peru 1 0.10%
    Russian Federation 1 0.10%
    Trinidad and Tobago 1 0.10%
    Turkey 1 0.10%
    Viet Nam 1 0.10%
    --------
    Total Users who provide more then 10 Must/Might/Wont rankings for 2019 is 210
    Accept 159 75.70%
    Ensiferum 151 71.90%
    Mors Principium Est 150 71.40%
    Sodom 148 70.50%
    Eluveitie 147 70.00%
    Soulfly 147 70.00%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse 145 69.00%
    Coroner 142 67.60%
    Kalmah 142 67.60%
    Paradise Lost 142 67.60%
    Bloodbath 138 65.70%
    Ne Obliviscaris 137 65.20%
    Obituary 137 65.20%
    Nile 132 62.90%
    God Dethroned 131 62.40%
    TYR 130 61.90%
    Unleash The Archers 130 61.90%
    Dark Funeral 128 61.00%
    The Black Dahlia Murder 124 59.00%
    --------
    Total Users who provide more then 10 event attendance information for 2019 is 28
    Accept Pool 23 82%
    Kalmah Theater 18 64%
    Eluveitie Theater 17 61%
    Gloryhammer Pool 16 57%
    Persefone Rink 16 57%
    Soulfly Pool 16 57%
    TYR Rink 16 57%
    Eluveitie Pool 15 54%
    Accept Theater 13 46%
    Bloodbath Rink 13 46%
    Ensiferum Theater 13 46%
    Rage Pool 13 46%
    Soulfly Theater 13 46%
    Delain Theater 12 43%
    Sodom Pool 12 43%
    TYR Theater 12 43%
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 am

slayergeek wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 am Ok guys, Still no announcements yet, but what can we do. Here is the June report, a little late but I was out of town.
    I have started working with a graphic designer from the cruise on a new visual design for the app. There are still changes being made to the design, and let's see if I have the UI skills to actually implement the design this year, but improvements to the app are continuing! I will post a preview of the design when I am more confident on when we will be able to deliver :)
    Here is the data as of June 9th.
    Total Users for Country/Platform is 675
    --------
    Android 307 45.50%
    iOS 368 54.50%
    --------
    United States 282 41.80%
    Germany 119 17.60%
    Canada 88 13.00%
    United Kingdom 27 4.00%
    Switzerland 25 3.70%
    Australia 14 2.10%
    Norway 14 2.10%
    Mexico 12 1.80%
    Netherlands 12 1.80%
    Luxembourg 9 1.30%
    Sweden 9 1.30%
    Belgium 8 1.20%
    Colombia 8 1.20%
    France 6 0.90%
    Brazil 5 0.70%
    Finland 4 0.60%
    Spain 4 0.60%
    Costa Rica 3 0.40%
    Puerto Rico 3 0.40%
    Argentina 2 0.30%
    Ecuador 2 0.30%
    Italy 2 0.30%
    Romania 2 0.30%
    South Africa 2 0.30%
    Austria 1 0.10%
    Bulgaria 1 0.10%
    Chile 1 0.10%
    Denmark 1 0.10%
    Estonia 1 0.10%
    Guam 1 0.10%
    Indonesia 1 0.10%
    Panama 1 0.10%
    Peru 1 0.10%
    Russian Federation 1 0.10%
    Turkey 1 0.10%
    Viet Nam 1 0.10%
    --------
    Total Users who provide more then 10 Must/Might/Wont rankings for 2019 is 210
    Accept 159 75.70%
    Ensiferum 151 71.90%
    Mors Principium Est 150 71.40%
    Sodom 148 70.50%
    Eluveitie 147 70.00%
    Soulfly 147 70.00%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse 145 69.00%
    Coroner 142 67.60%
    Kalmah 142 67.60%
    Paradise Lost 142 67.60%
    Bloodbath 138 65.70%
    Ne Obliviscaris 137 65.20%
    Obituary 137 65.20%
    Nile 132 62.90%
    God Dethroned 131 62.40%
    TYR 130 61.90%
    Unleash The Archers 130 61.90%
    Dark Funeral 128 61.00%
    The Black Dahlia Murder 124 59.00%
    --------
    Accept Pool 23 82%
    Kalmah Theater 18 64%
    Eluveitie Theater 17 61%
    Gloryhammer Pool 16 57%
    Persefone Rink 16 57%
    Soulfly Pool 16 57%
    TYR Rink 16 57%
    Eluveitie Pool 15 54%
    Accept Theater 13 46%
    Bloodbath Rink 13 46%
    Ensiferum Theater 13 46%
    Rage Pool 13 46%
    Soulfly Theater 13 46%
    Delain Theater 12 43%
    Sodom Pool 12 43%
    TYR Theater 12 43%
    Survivor

WishList
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:57 am

Looking forward for that new App design ;)
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:37 am

Stats update for 70K Bands App for those that are interested.

The Unofficial Android/iPhone app for the 70,000 Tons Of Metal Cruise!

Ok guys, the announcement drought continues, but what can we do. Here is the July report.

Work on a revised GUI for the app is ongoing. There is a decent chance it will be available in time for this years cruise, but I cant promising that at this point, not yet at least.

Here is the data as of July 1st.

Total Users for Country/Platform is 682
    --------
    Android 307 45%
    iOS 375 55%
    --------
    United States 284 41.60%
    Germany 121 17.70%
    Canada 86 12.60%
    United Kingdom 25 3.70%
    Switzerland 24 3.50%
    Norway 15 2.20%
    Australia 14 2.10%
    Mexico 13 1.90%
    Netherlands 12 1.80%
    Sweden 10 1.50%
    Luxembourg 9 1.30%
    Belgium 8 1.20%
    Colombia 8 1.20%
    Brazil 6 0.90%
    Finland 6 0.90%
    France 6 0.90%
    Puerto Rico 4 0.60%
    Costa Rica 3 0.40%
    Spain 3 0.40%
    Argentina 2 0.30%
    Austria 2 0.30%
    Ecuador 2 0.30%
    Italy 2 0.30%
    Russian Federation 2 0.30%
    South Africa 2 0.30%
    Turkey 2 0.30%
    Bulgaria 1 0.10%
    Chile 1 0.10%
    Denmark 1 0.10%
    Estonia 1 0.10%
    Guam 1 0.10%
    Indonesia 1 0.10%
    Panama 1 0.10%
    Peru 1 0.10%
    Viet Nam 1 0.10%
    Unknown 1 0.10%
    --------
    Total Users who provide more then 10 Must/Might/Wont rankings for 2019 is 215
    Accept 164 76.30%
    Ensiferum 156 72.60%
    Mors Principium Est 154 71.60%
    Eluveitie 151 70.20%
    Sodom 151 70.20%
    Soulfly 150 69.80%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse 149 69.30%
    Coroner 145 67.40%
    Kalmah 145 67.40%
    Paradise Lost 144 67.00%
    Bloodbath 141 65.60%
    Obituary 140 65.10%
    Ne Obliviscaris 138 64.20%
    Nile 135 62.80%
    God Dethroned 134 62.30%
    TYR 134 62.30%
    Dark Funeral 133 61.90%
    Unleash The Archers 132 61.40%
    The Black Dahlia Murder 128 59.50%
    --------
    Total Users who provide more then 10 event attendance information for 2019 is 30
    Accept Pool 24 80%
    Kalmah Theater 19 63%
    Mors Principium Est Rink 19 63%
    Eluveitie Theater 17 57%
    Persefone Rink 17 57%
    Soulfly Pool 17 57%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Theater 16 53%
    Gloryhammer Pool 16 53%
    TYR Rink 16 53%
    Bloodbath Rink 15 50%
    Eluveitie Pool 15 50%
    Soulfly Theater 15 50%
    Accept Theater 14 47%
    Ensiferum Theater 14 47%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Rink 14 47%
    Ne Obliviscaris Rink 14 47%
    Mors Principium Est Pool 13 43%
    Rage Pool 13 43%
    Sodom Pool 13 43%
    Warbringer Theater 13 43%
    Dark Funeral Theater 12 40%
    Delain Theater 12 40%
    God Dethroned Lounge 12 40%
    Sodom Theater 12 40%
    TYR Theater 12 40%
    Van Canto Rink 12 40%
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Ok, hopefully we are close to band announcements, and that would be REAL news, but I have some good news in lieu of that.

I have been working with Robert Jan de Vries on a new design for the 70K Bands app. Within the next few days I will be making a beta version of the iOS app available to testers and will be hard at work on getting the Android application onto the new design.
    Feel free to provide feedback based on the pictures of the design below.

If you want to help test the iOS design, send me a private message and I can send you a link that will allow you to test. There will also be a public Android beta available at some point, but there is some work to be done before we are ready for that.

Both versions with the new design will be released to everyone at the same time.

Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:44 pm

For iOS users why want to help test the latest version with the new design here is a link to help test.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/skkit0pg

Survivor

WishList
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Thanks. How do I file feedback or bugs?
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:42 pm

Godflesh wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:40 pm Thanks. How do I file feedback or bugs?
    Facebook messenger works best, but a private message on the forums would work as well.
    Survivor

WishList
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:13 pm

Looks really nice +1
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:17 pm

The Android Beta version with the new UI is now available!

Feel free to subscribe to be a beta tester and check it out

If you run into issues, please send me a private message via facebook with any bug report.

I will be publishing new documentation and QA walkthrough guides soon.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.Bands70k
    Survivor

WishList
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:08 am

There's no language option on Android at least (or am I being dumb?)? The Finnish translation isn't complete and on some parts feels weird. I'd probably remove the Finnish language option altogether and stick with English, but at the very least you should be able to change the language. English interface makes more sense, because all the band descriptions etc. are still going to be in English, not the interface language.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:21 am

Memnoch wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:08 am There's no language option on Android at least (or am I being dumb?)? The Finnish translation isn't complete and on some parts feels weird. I'd probably remove the Finnish language option altogether and stick with English, but at the very least you should be able to change the language. English interface makes more sense, because all the band descriptions etc. are still going to be in English, not the interface language.
    Yea, I need to translate the preferences for consistency, that is on my to do list as well as make changes to improve performance.
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:49 am

Ok guys, time for the July usage report, granted these reports will be MUCH more interesting when we have announcements.

In other news, I have a revised User Guide
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ltvT_ ... VsntsVNS9I

As well as revised the QA Walkthrough
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rsnRR ... jLuRkIukog

A walk through video is also in the works.

I am planning to release the new UI to general production later this week or early next week. I 'may' release the new UI before we get any announcements...I was not expecting that :)

At any rate...here are the numbers. I restrict these stats to the last 3 months, and it has been 3 months since I released the data capture feature. I suppose people have gotten tired of looking at an empty app, so for the first time the user count has gone down. I am sure this will shoot back up when announcements begin :)

Total Users for Country/Platform is 490
    --------
    Android 251 51.2%
    iOS 239 48.8%
    --------
    United States 226 46.10%
    Germany 76 15.50%
    Canada 66 13.50%
    United Kingdom 16 3.30%
    Switzerland 15 3.10%
    Australia 11 2.20%
    Norway 10 2.00%
    Netherlands 7 1.40%
    Finland 6 1.20%
    Belgium 5 1.00%
    Colombia 5 1.00%
    Mexico 5 1.00%
    Sweden 5 1.00%
    Unknown 4 0.80%
    Brazil 4 0.80%
    Argentina 3 0.60%
    France 3 0.60%
    Puerto Rico 3 0.60%
    Austria 2 0.40%
    Luxembourg 2 0.40%
    South Africa 2 0.40%
    Turkey 2 0.40%
    Denmark 1 0.20%
    Estonia 1 0.20%
    India 1 0.20%
    Indonesia 1 0.20%
    Italy 1 0.20%
    New Zealand 1 0.20%
    Peru 1 0.20%
    Romania 1 0.20%
    Russia 1 0.20%
    Spain 1 0.20%
    Vanuatu 1 0.20%
    Trinidad and Tobago 1 0.20%
    Viet Nam 1 0.20%

--------
    Total Users who provided more then 10 Must/Might/Wont rankings for 2019 is 234
    Accept 173 73.90%
    Mors Principium Est 172 73.50%
    Ensiferum 167 71.40%
    Soulfly 166 70.90%
    Sodom 165 70.50%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse 164 70.10%
    Bloodbath 158 67.50%
    Kalmah 158 67.50%
    Coroner 156 66.70%
    Eluveitie 156 66.70%
    Obituary 152 65.00%
    Paradise Lost 150 64.10%
    Dark Funeral 148 63.20%
    God Dethroned 146 62.40%
    Nile 146 62.40%
    Ne Obliviscaris 144 61.50%
    The Black Dahlia Murder 144 61.50%
    TYR 140 59.80%
    Unleash The Archers 140 59.80%
    --------
    Total Users who provided more then 10 event attendance information for 2019 is 43
    Accept Pool 36 84%
    Mors Principium Est Rink 32 74%
    Bloodbath Rink 27 63%
    Kalmah Theater 27 63%
    Soulfly Theater 27 63%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Rink 26 61%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Theater 26 61%
    Persefone Rink 26 61%
    Soulfly Pool 26 61%
    Mors Principium Est Pool 24 56%
    Ensiferum Theater 23 54%
    Warbringer Theater 23 54%
    TYR Rink 22 51%
    All Star Jam Theater 21 49%
    Nile Rink 21 49%
    Sodom Pool 21 49%
    Sodom Theater 21 49%
    Atrocity Rink 20 47%
    God Dethroned Lounge 20 47%
    God Dethroned Rink 20 47%
    Perpetual Warfare Rink 20 47%
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 am

The 2020 version of the app is now available to all users!

Unbelievable that I was able to get this out before announcements (thanks Andy?)

You can download the latest version from the Apple App Store or the Google Play store now!

Special thanks to Robert Jan de Vries for his help and support in designing the icons and interface!

I will be focusing on small stability and reliability issues leading up to the cruise, so right now I do not anticipate any new features or major changes.

That being said.... I've said that before and wound up coming up with a good idea and changing my mind, but for right now I am going to concentrate on ensuring there are no problems the week of the cruise!

Please report any issues via a private facebook message.
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Here is a video walkthrough of the new version of the 70K Bands App!

The unofficial application for the 70,000 Tons Of Metal Cruise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QW_vP ... e=youtu.be

This goes through all the features of the app, both before and after the schedule is made available.
    Hopefully this will help some folks out. Let me know what you think.

See you guys on board!
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:57 am

Monthly usage report for the 70K Bands app. Sorry that your getting this instead of announcements, but that is not something I can control :)

Ok guys, time for the September usage report. Hard to believe we are in September and we still don't have announcements, but all I can do is be prepared for when they do come.

Don't forget to watch the video walkthrough of the new iterface and all features available in the app!

Here are the monthly stats. I restrict these stats to the last 3 months.

Total Users for Country/Platform is 721
    --------
    Android 382 53%
    iOS 339 47%
    --------
    United States 366 50.80%
    Germany 99 13.70%
    Canada 75 10.40%
    Switzerland 26 3.60%
    United Kingdom 23 3.20%
    Netherlands 14 1.90%
    Norway 13 1.80%
    France 11 1.50%
    Australia 10 1.40%
    Mexico 10 1.40%
    Brazil 7 1.00%
    Unknown 6 0.80%
    Colombia 6 0.80%
    Finland 6 0.80%
    Belgium 5 0.70%
    Sweden 5 0.70%
    Turkey 4 0.60%
    Argentina 3 0.40%
    Austria 3 0.40%
    Israel 3 0.40%
    Puerto Rico 3 0.40%
    Denmark 2 0.30%
    Luxembourg 2 0.30%
    Russia 2 0.30%
    South Africa 2 0.30%
    Bermuda 1 0.10%
    Bulgaria 1 0.10%
    China 1 0.10%
    Costa Rica 1 0.10%
    Czech Republic 1 0.10%
    Ecuador 1 0.10%
    India 1 0.10%
    Ireland 1 0.10%
    New Zealand 1 0.10%
    Peru 1 0.10%
    Poland 1 0.10%
    Romania 1 0.10%
    Slovakia 1 0.10%
    Spain 1 0.10%
    Vanuatu 1 0.10%
    --------

Total Users who provided more then 10 Must/Might/Wont rankings for 2019 is 242. This is the number of users who indicated a particular band was Must or Might see. Top 10 only.

Mors Principium Est 180 74.40%
    Accept 179 74.00%
    Soulfly 174 71.90%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse 172 71.10%
    Ensiferum 171 70.70%
    Sodom 169 69.80%
    Bloodbath 165 68.20%
    Kalmah 165 68.20%
    Coroner 163 67.40%
    Eluveitie 159 65.70%
    Obituary 159 65.70%
    --------

Total Users who provided more then 10 event attendance information for 2019 is 49. This is the number of users who indicated they attended all or part of these shows. Top 10 only.

Accept Pool 41 84%
    Mors Principium Est Rink 38 78%
    Kalmah Theater 34 69%
    Bloodbath Rink 33 67%
    Soulfly Theater 33 67%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Rink 32 65%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Theater 31 63%
    Soulfly Pool 31 63%
    Mors Principium Est Pool 30 61%
    Persefone Rink 30 61%
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Ok guys, time for the October usage report. Hard to believe we are in October and we still don't have announcements, but all I can do is be prepared for when they do come.

Don't forget to watch the video walkthrough of the new iterface and all features available in the app!

Here are the monthly stats. I restrict these stats to the last 3 months.

Total Users for Country/Platform is 759
    --------
    Android 407 53.60%
    iOS 352 46.40%
    --------
    United States 380 50.10%
    Germany 112 14.80%
    Canada 81 10.70%
    Switzerland 27 3.60%
    United Kingdom 21 2.80%
    Mexico 13 1.70%
    Netherlands 13 1.70%
    Norway 13 1.70%
    France 11 1.40%
    Australia 10 1.30%
    Colombia 7 0.90%
    Sweden 7 0.90%
    Unknown 6 0.80%
    Belgium 6 0.80%
    Brazil 6 0.80%
    Finland 5 0.70%
    Austria 4 0.50%
    Argentina 3 0.40%
    Israel 3 0.40%
    Puerto Rico 3 0.40%
    Denmark 2 0.30%
    Greece 2 0.30%
    Luxembourg 2 0.30%
    Russia 2 0.30%
    South Africa 2 0.30%
    Turkey 2 0.30%
    Bermuda 1 0.10%
    Bulgaria 1 0.10%
    China 1 0.10%
    Costa Rica 1 0.10%
    Czech Republic 1 0.10%
    Ecuador 1 0.10%
    India 1 0.10%
    Indonesia 1 0.10%
    Ireland 1 0.10%
    New Zealand 1 0.10%
    Peru 1 0.10%
    Poland 1 0.10%
    Romania 1 0.10%
    Slovakia 1 0.10%
    Spain 1 0.10%
    Vanuatu 1 0.10%
    --------

Total Users who provided more then 10 Must/Might/Wont rankings for 2019 is 246. This is the number of users who indicated a particular band was Must or Might see. Top 10 only.

Mors Principium Est 182 74.00%
    Accept 181 73.60%
    Soulfly 177 72.00%
    Ensiferum 175 71.10%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse 175 71.10%
    Sodom 173 70.30%
    Kalmah 169 68.70%
    Bloodbath 168 68.30%
    Coroner 166 67.50%
    --------

Total Users who provided more then 10 event attendance information for 2019 is 49. This is the number of users who indicated they attended all or part of these shows. Top 10 only.

Accept Pool 41 84%
    Mors Principium Est Rink 38 78%
    Kalmah Theater 34 69%
    Bloodbath Rink 33 67%
    Soulfly Theater 33 67%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Rink 32 65%
    Fleshgod Apocalypse Theater 31 63%
    Soulfly Pool 31 63%
    Mors Principium Est Pool 30 61%
    Persefone Rink 30 61%
    Survivor

WishList
Post Reply 704 posts