Post Reply 704 posts
Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application

by Amalu » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:38 am

slayergeek wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:58 pm Ok guys, time for the October usage report. Hard to believe we are in October and we still don't have announcements, but all I can do is be prepared for when they do come.
    Thank you for your ongoing work. Really fantastic app.

Also thank you for bringing somewhat of continuity and stability to this forum in those very turbulent times.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Now that announcements have started, the 70K Bands data now gets much more interesting

So for the 2 announcements so far we have

Emperor - 'Must' => 55, 'Might' => 22, 'Wont' => 8
    Epica - 'Must' => 17, 'Might' => 26, 'Wont' => 10

Given the short amount of time these have been posted, and the number of users who have not ranked these bands yet..these numbers could change substantially in percentages..but interesting to see the data nonetheless.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Possible minor issue:
    I'm on a cruise right now, using ship's wi-fi access.
    After I bring it up, the 70K app indicates "Unable to obtain location" after a while and just shows "Waiting for 2020 Announcements"...and yet the app's icon on my home-screen (Android) indicated two new updates.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:19 pm Possible minor issue:
    After I bring it up, the 70K app indicates "Unable to obtain location" after a while and just shows "Waiting for 2020 Announcements"...and yet the app's icon on my home-screen (Android) indicated two new updates.
    Not sure, sounds like it’s having trouble downloading the data files. It shouldn’t. I have seen a different Android issue that can be fixed by removing the existing 70kBands folder on the root of the Android file system, but this symptom sounds different. Try to force quit and relaunch when you believe you will have semi decent network access.
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:01 am

I’ve had 3 Android users come to me with the same issue. They are getting notifications, but when they launch the app they get a message.

Waiting for data to load

Here is the work around for this issue.

Using an android file manager rename the folder 70kBands to something else on the root of the file system. Quit and relaunch the app.

You will not have last years settings saved, but will fix the issue.

If you are effected by this could you zip up the problematic 70kBands folder and send it to me, it would help me to develop a better fix for this issue.

Thanks
    Survivor

WishList
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:57 am

I’m having an issue with the app on iOS. I have the latest version of iOS. I didn’t get the announcement for Emperor. I opened the app & it went to a black screen with the three colored emojis. Then it appeared to go to a transparent black screen. I could see the iPhone apps beneath it. A second or two later, it the app appeared to close. I could see the iPhone showed the app was still open, but I couldn’t access it. I closed it & when reopening, it went immediately to the transparent screen & disappeared again. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the app. Same issue is occurring.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:13 am

Sgt. B wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:57 am I’m having an issue with the app on iOS. I have the latest version of iOS. I didn’t get the announcement for Emperor. I opened the app & it went to a black screen with the three colored emojis. Then it appeared to go to a transparent black screen. I could see the iPhone apps beneath it. A second or two later, it the app appeared to close. I could see the iPhone showed the app was still open, but I couldn’t access it. I closed it & when reopening, it went immediately to the transparent screen & disappeared again. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the app. Same issue is occurring.
    I have all iOS devices and have not had any issues. Removing and reinstalling normally fixes such hiccups.

Try this.

Open up settings
    Click on your iCloud user name
    Click on iCloud
    Scroll down until you see 70k Bands
    Uncheck the app

Quit and relaunch

Maybe there is an issue with your data stored on iCloud

Let me know if that works.
    Survivor

WishList
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:40 am

slayergeek wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:13 am
    Sgt. B wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:57 am I’m having an issue with the app on iOS. I have the latest version of iOS. I didn’t get the announcement for Emperor. I opened the app & it went to a black screen with the three colored emojis. Then it appeared to go to a transparent black screen. I could see the iPhone apps beneath it. A second or two later, it the app appeared to close. I could see the iPhone showed the app was still open, but I couldn’t access it. I closed it & when reopening, it went immediately to the transparent screen & disappeared again. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the app. Same issue is occurring.
    I have all iOS devices and have not had any issues. Removing and reinstalling normally fixes such hiccups.

Try this.

Open up settings
    Click on iCloud
    Uncheck the app

Quit and relaunch

I still have the same issue after following your steps.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:02 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:40 am
    slayergeek wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:13 am

Try this.

Open up settings
    Click on iCloud
    Uncheck the app

Quit and relaunch

I still have the same issue after following your steps.
    Well shit. Reach out me via Facebook (preferred) or private message here and let’s see if we can resolve this. Not sure where to take this, but let’s give it a try. We
    Survivor

WishList
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:19 pm

FWIW, my app crashes every time I try to launch it. I get a white screen and nothing more.

I'm running Android 9. My wife is also running Android 9, but she's on the beta version. Her app does not crash. Any chance you could release the beta version on Android?
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:26 pm

Yippee38 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:19 pm FWIW, my app crashes every time I try to launch it. I get a white screen and nothing more.

I'm running Android 9. My wife is also running Android 9, but she's on the beta version. Her app does not crash. Any chance you could release the beta version on Android?
    Currently the beta and production are the same.

Release: 301908311

Try deleting and reinstalling the application.
    If that does not work, go into an Android File Manager and rename the 70kBands folder. Quit and relaunch the app. This should fix it.

There are some old data issues that have caused headaches, but as far as I know right, that is the only open issue.
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:09 pm

Hey guys,

I am going to start posting weekly with updated stats as far as everyone's Must/Might/Wonts leading up to cruise. All data captured by the app is anonymouse

I will post more general stats monthly as I have been doing all along. These stats were captured on Sunday 10-20-2019 at 11:15

Band Must Might Wont Must% Might% Wont%
    Emperor 198 70 28 66.90% 23.60%. 9.50%
    Epica 122 88 75 42.80% 30.90% 26.30%
    Haggard 84 91 74 33.70% 36.50% 29.70%
    Origin 72 54 63 38.10% 28.60% 33.30%
    Einherjer. 62 60 23 42.80% 41.40% 15.90%

Don't forget to check our video walkthrough of all the new features of the app
    https://youtu.be/e4QW_vPA6nw

If video isn't your thing, we have a more traditional manual
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ltv ... sntsVNS9I/
    Survivor

WishList
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:30 pm

slayergeek wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:28 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:19 pm Possible minor issue:
    Not sure, sounds like it’s having trouble downloading the data files. It shouldn’t. I have seen a different Android issue that can be fixed by removing the existing 70kBands folder on the root of the Android file system, but this symptom sounds different. Try to force quit and relaunch when you believe you will have semi decent network access.
    I was also getting the "white screen of death."
    I deleted, reinstalled -- while now back in the US -- and it's working fine.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 am

My notifications are not showing up on my iPhone, even if I have them all activated
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:40 am

cegr80 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 am My notifications are not showing up on my iPhone, even if I have them all activated
    Let me look into this. Are other iPhone users seeing or not seeing the notifications?
    Survivor

WishList
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Fine on my iPhone
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:57 pm

I am getting notifications but usually with a delay. What triggers it?
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:07 pm

Ethrivas wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:57 pm I am getting notifications but usually with a delay. What triggers it?
    The big delay is based on UMC updating the website last. My source of data is https://70000tons.com/artists, my notifications go out almost immediately once the web site is updated. (Within 5 min at the latest)

Unfortunately they seem to update the forum first, then other sources, and finally the web site. This leads to a delay of anywhere between 5 to 30 min between when people initially find out and then the app sends out the notification.

I can’t really use the quicker sources because they are more free form text and are almost impossible to automatically parse, also the artists page is also where I pull down my band logos.

At any rate, good to know most iPhone users are good.

For those effected, know I am looking into this and hope to have a fix soon. Hopefully I can find a testing scenario that reproduced the issue. My personal devices are effected by this, even though I was getting alerts last week. When I send test message though, they come in no issue...so having issues finding the problem. Works everywhere but when it counts.
    Survivor

WishList
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:31 pm

I got the VENOM notification on both my iPhone and iPad the second it was added to the artists page (I checked it just before)
    That’s 40mn after the forum post.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:02 am

Weekly Stats for 70K Bands

For all the newbie, check out the Unofficial iOS/Android App for the 70,000 Tons Metal Cruise @70K Bands. The tool is free, open source, and with no advertising or other revenue incentives. It's here for the benefit of the cruisers provided by your fellow cruisers.

Here is a video walk through of the app

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ltv ... VsntsVNS9I

One feature of the app is to let you rank the bands as Must, Might, or Wont. These stats are anonymously collected and shared back with the community.

Here is the results we have so far of the first 11 bands as of 8:00am PST 10/27/2019

Band Must Might Wont Must% Might% Wont% Total Votes
    Emperor 319 100 46 69% 22% 10% 465
    Wintersun 209 54 19 74% 19% 7% 282
    Moonsorrow 198 119 47 54% 33% 13% 364
    Candlemass 194 103 65 54% 29% 18% 362
    Epica 193 147 118 42% 32% 26% 458
    Haggard 148 166 122 34% 38% 28% 436
    Einherjer 138 201 67 34% 50% 17% 406
    Origin 136 140 121 34% 35% 31% 397
    Venom 134 109 70 43% 35% 22% 313
    Leaves Eyes 108 117 174 27% 29% 44% 399
    Sortilege 41 62 56 26% 39% 35% 159

Also here is the break down of users by platform

Platform User Count Percentage
    Android 740 54%
    iOS 608 45%
    Total 1348

Here is the breakdown by country

Country User Count Percentage
    United States 637 47.30%
    Germany 183 13.60%
    Canada 176 13.10%
    Switzerland 46 3.40%
    United Kingdom 41 3.00%
    Norway 27 2.00%
    Australia 26 1.90%
    Mexico 23 1.70%
    Netherlands 21 1.60%
    Sweden 16 1.20%
    Belgium 15 1.10%
    Colombia 15 1.10%
    Brazil 12 0.90%
    Finland 12 0.90%
    France 12 0.90%
    Denmark 8 0.60%
    Austria 7 0.50%
    Luxembourg 6 0.40%
    Unknown 6 0.40%
    Argentina 5 0.40%
    Costa Rica 5 0.40%
    Israel 5 0.40%
    Puerto Rico 5 0.40%
    Spain 4 0.30%
    Russian 3 0.20%
    South Africa 3 0.20%
    Turkey 3 0.20%
    Bulgaria 2 0.10%
    Czech Republic 2 0.10%
    Greece 2 0.10%
    Poland 2 0.10%
    Bermuda 1 0.10%
    Chile 1 0.10%
    China 1 0.10%
    Croatia 1 0.10%
    Ecuador 1 0.10%
    Estonia 1 0.10%
    India 1 0.10%
    Indonesia 1 0.10%
    Ireland 1 0.10%
    Italy 1 0.10%
    Japan 1 0.10%
    Mauritania 1 0.10%
    New Zealand 1 0.10%
    Peru 1 0.10%
    Portugal 1 0.10%
    Slovakia 1 0.10%
    Trinidad and Tobago 1 0.10%
    Vanuatu 1 0.10%
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:10 am

Here is the weekly publishing of the 70K Bands stats!

For all the newbie, check out the Unofficial iOS/Android App for the 70,000 Tons Metal Cruise 70K Bands. The tool is free, open source, and with no advertising or other revenue incentives. It's here for the benefit of the cruisers provided by your fellow cruisers.

Here is a video walk through of the app

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ltv ... VsntsVNS9I

One feature of the app is to let you rank the bands as Must, Might, or Wont. These stats are anonymously collected and shared back with the community.

Here is the results we have so far of the first 11 bands as of 8:00am PST 10/27/2019

Devin Townsend 246 43 37 76% 13% 11% 326
    Wintersun 317 94 31 72% 21% 7% 442
    Emperor 383 122 51 69% 22% 9% 556
    Moonsorrow 271 161 55 56% 33% 11% 487
    Candlemass 243 148 77 52% 32% 17% 468
    Venom 188 154 86 44% 36% 20% 428
    Kampfar 145 132 55 44% 40% 17% 332
    Epica 240 175 135 44% 32% 25% 550
    Flotsam And Jetsam 128 122 64 41% 39% 20% 314
    Haggard 190 196 141 36% 37% 27% 527
    Einherjer 170 241 79 35% 49% 16% 490
    Origin 162 163 147 34% 35% 31% 472
    Leaves Eyes 126 148 219 26% 30% 44% 493
    Sortilege 76 154 121 22% 44% 35% 351

Also here is the break down of users by platform

Android 792 54.50%
    iOS 662 45.50%
    Total 1454

Here is the breakdown by country

United States 689 47.40%
    Germany 192 13.20%
    Canada 188 12.90%
    Switzerland 49 3.40%
    United Kingdom 45 3.10%
    Mexico 27 1.90%
    Norway 27 1.90%
    Australia 26 1.80%
    Netherlands 25 1.70%
    Belgium 17 1.20%
    Sweden 17 1.20%
    Colombia 16 1.10%
    Brazil 15 1.00%
    Finland 15 1.00%
    France 14 1.00%
    Denmark 9 0.60%
    Unknown 8 0.60%
    Austria 7 0.50%
    Luxembourg 6 0.40%
    Puerto Rico 6 0.40%
    Spain 6 0.40%
    Costa Rica 5 0.30%
    Israel 5 0.30%
    Argentina 4 0.30%
    Russian Federation 3 0.20%
    South Africa 3 0.20%
    Turkey 3 0.20%
    Bulgaria 2 0.10%
    Czech Republic 2 0.10%
    Greece 2 0.10%
    Peru 2 0.10%
    Poland 2 0.10%
    Bermuda 1 0.10%
    Chile 1 0.10%
    China 1 0.10%
    Croatia 1 0.10%
    Ecuador 1 0.10%
    Estonia 1 0.10%
    Indonesia 1 0.10%
    Ireland 1 0.10%
    Italy 1 0.10%
    Japan 1 0.10%
    Mauritania 1 0.10%
    New Zealand 1 0.10%
    Portugal 1 0.10%
    Slovakia 1 0.10%
    Vanuatu 1 0.10%
    Åland Islands 1 0.10%
    Survivor

WishList
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:28 pm

1454 users, I wonder how it correlates to the number of bookings.
    Some people who aren't booked use the app (I know I did before I was booked).
    Some people who are booked don't use the app (especially newbies).
    Any guess?
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:25 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:28 pm 1454 users, I wonder how it correlates to the number of bookings.
    Any guess?
    Yea, and another complication. If you remove and reinstall the app, it will be 90 days before I kick you off that report. I could shorten that window I suppose, maybe 30 days I suppose.

Either way, hard to predict bookings based on installs overall.
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:00 am

slayergeek wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:25 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:28 pm 1454 users, I wonder how it correlates to the number of bookings.
    Any guess?
    Yea, and another complication. If you remove and reinstall the app, it will be 90 days before I kick you off that report. I could shorten that window I suppose, maybe 30 days I suppose.

Either way, hard to predict bookings based on installs overall.
    As an experiment, I lowered the timeout for inactive accounts to 30 days instead of 90, and the total users dropped from 1,454, down to 1,238. A difference of 15%, so not nothing...but not night and day either.
    Survivor

WishList
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 am

Oh nice this'll come in handy. Just downloaded it.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:15 am

Hey Ron,
    On my Iphone X, till today it was working properly. Today with Grave Digger notification, i refreshed the list and it started showing "Unknown error, unable to load list" or something. Then, i deleted the app and reinstalled the new version. Now, as soon as i open the app, it crashes and closes itself.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:57 am

Ethrivas wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:15 am Hey Ron,
    On my Iphone X, till today it was working properly. Today with Grave Digger notification, i refreshed the list and it started showing "Unknown error, unable to load list" or something. Then, i deleted the app and reinstalled the new version. Now, as soon as i open the app, it crashes and closes itself.
    Ok, I have gotten other reports of this happening from other iOS users and just found out this is due to a bug in Apple's latest Xcode development software. The issue happens as soon as you click on a band name....correct?

I am working on posting a version of the code that will be compiled with an older version of Xcode to work around the problem. You can also work around the issue if you upgrade to the latest Apple software release 13.2 (just recently released). This is why I did not find the issue in my testing.

I should have a version approved by apple for download tomorrow morning if not sooner that will resolve the issue.
    Survivor

WishList
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:58 am

yea, I was going to say, I have apple and haven't had any issues. But I always keep my OS up to date, even though everybody says not to. But this here is a reason why.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:44 am

slayergeek wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:57 am Ok, I have gotten other reports of this happening from other iOS users and just found out this is due to a bug in Apple's latest Xcode development software. The issue happens as soon as you click on a band name....correct?

I am working on posting a version of the code that will be compiled with an older version of Xcode to work around the problem. You can also work around the issue if you upgrade to the latest Apple software release 13.2 (just recently released). This is why I did not find the issue in my testing.

I should have a version approved by apple for download tomorrow morning if not sooner that will resolve the issue.
    Problem solved, thx a bunch Ron. :heavydrink:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

With announcements continuing to come in almost every day, the excitement grows for actually getting on board! Be sure and add your Must, Might, Wont choices into the 70K Bands iOS/Android app, the unofficial app for the 70,000 Tons Of Metal Cruise!

Your Must and Might choices are used to notify you of any events featuring artists you care about. If you don't rank bands you like, the app will not notify you of upcoming events on board.

Here are this week stats. (as of 12:50pm PST)

Wintersun 465 138 47 72% 21% 7% 650
    Emperor 498 155 63 70% 22% 9% 716
    Devin Townsend 425 135 60 69% 22% 10% 620
    At The Gates 370 152 49 65% 27% 9% 571
    Moonsorrow 372 219 69 56% 33% 11% 660
    Candlemass 337 205 108 52% 32% 17% 650
    Aether Realm 240 190 59 49% 39% 12% 489
    Venom 284 200 124 47% 33% 20% 608
    Trollfest 215 159 92 46% 34% 20% 466
    Aborted 240 158 146 44% 29% 27% 544
    Epica 299 218 189 42% 31% 27% 706
    Kampfar 220 220 92 41% 41% 17% 532
    Flotsam And Jetsam 222 223 105 40% 41% 19% 550
    Haggard 243 235 183 37% 36% 28% 661
    Soen 137 132 103 37% 36% 28% 372
    Cruachan 183 227 97 36% 45% 19% 507
    Origin 226 209 192 36% 33% 31% 627
    Grave Digger 167 197 114 35% 41% 24% 478
    Einherjer 221 311 106 35% 49% 17% 638
    The Agonist 75 86 58 34% 39% 27% 219
    Michael Schenker Fest 115 110 117 34% 32% 34% 342
    Archon Angel 109 200 96 27% 49% 24% 405
    Leaves Eyes 171 194 287 26% 30% 44% 652
    Kissin Dynamite 100 113 222 23% 26% 51% 435
    Sortilege 114 224 186 22% 43% 36% 524

Android 859 54.20%
    iOS 725 45.80%
    Total 1584

United States 751 47.40%
    Canada 199 12.60%
    Germany 199 12.60%
    Switzerland 53 3.30%
    United Kingdom 50 3.20%
    Mexico 31 2.00%
    Australia 30 1.90%
    Norway 29 1.80%
    Netherlands 25 1.60%
    Belgium 21 1.30%
    Finland 19 1.20%
    Sweden 18 1.10%
    Brazil 17 1.10%
    Colombia 17 1.10%
    France 15 0.90%
    Denmark 9 0.60%
    Spain 9 0.60%
    Austria 8 0.50%
    Costa Rica 7 0.40%
    Luxembourg 7 0.40%
    Puerto Rico 6 0.40%
    Argentina 5 0.30%
    Israel 5 0.30%
    Turkey 5 0.30%
    Bulgaria 3 0.20%
    Poland 3 0.20%
    Russia 3 0.20%
    South Africa 3 0.20%
    Chile 2 0.10%
    Czech Republic 2 0.10%
    Greece 2 0.10%
    Hungary 2 0.10%
    Ireland 2 0.10%
    Japan 2 0.10%
    Peru 2 0.10%
    Romania 2 0.10%
    Slovakia 2 0.10%
    Bermuda 1 0.10%
    Croatia 1 0.10%
    Ecuador 1 0.10%
    Estonia 1 0.10%
    Indonesia 1 0.10%
    Italy 1 0.10%
    Mauritania 1 0.10%
    New Zealand 1 0.10%
    Portugal 1 0.10%
    Åland Islands 1 0.10%
    Vanuatu 1 0.10%
    Åland Islands 1 0.10%
    Survivor

WishList
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:30 pm

It was interesting to stack your list against the Monthly Top 300 Rock and Metal Artists list from Metal Injection, which can be found at the link below, ranked by the number of Spotify listeners. Out of all the bands announced so far, only these 7 made it onto the list:

Epica - 487,000 listeners
    Devin Townsend & Venom - tied at 214,000 listeners
    At The Gates - 170,000 listeners
    Wintersun - 99,000 listeners
    Emperor - 89,000 listeners
    The Agonist - 82,000 listeners

Nothing too surprising here except that not only did The Agonist make the list but they are placed a mere 3 spaces below Emperor. Then again, the average Spotify listener may be the type to think that veganism and straight-edge culture are valid lyrical themes, but I'm surprised that they forgot to include CrossFit and gender studies.

https://metalinjection.net/its-just-bus ... -listeners
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:12 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:30 pm It was interesting to stack your list against the Monthly Top 300 Rock and Metal Artists list from Metal Injection, which can be found at the link below, ranked by the number of Spotify listeners. Out of all the bands announced so far, only these 7 made it onto the list:

Epica - 487,000 listeners
    Devin Townsend & Venom - tied at 214,000 listeners
    At The Gates - 170,000 listeners
    Wintersun - 99,000 listeners
    Emperor - 89,000 listeners
    The Agonist - 82,000 listeners

Nothing too surprising here except that not only did The Agonist make the list but they are placed a mere 3 spaces below Emperor. Then again, the average Spotify listener may be the type to think that veganism and straight-edge culture are valid lyrical themes, but I'm surprised that they forgot to include CrossFit and gender studies.

https://metalinjection.net/its-just-bus ... -listeners
    I've never used spotify, and I know I'm not the only one. Plus most black metal fans listen to the vinyls and tapes they bought, not spotify.
    and yeah, reading the agonsit's lyrical themes made me laugh out loud, a lot.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:17 pm

This list shows that THIN LIZZY has *twice* the number of listeners SLAYER has, but try booking them a headlining US tour.
    Same with QUIET RIOT and TWISTED SISTERS.
    And MANOWAR is only #134, same as ALESTORM.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:04 pm

Godflesh wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:17 pm This list shows that THIN LIZZY has *twice* the number of listeners SLAYER has, but try booking them a headlining US tour.
    I’ve always assumed that Thin Lizzy has trouble selling tickets because most venues aren’t supportive of their fans’ oxygen tanks, pacemakers, and wheelchairs.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:10 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:04 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:17 pm This list shows that THIN LIZZY has *twice* the number of listeners SLAYER has, but try booking them a headlining US tour.
    I’ve always assumed that Thin Lizzy has trouble selling tickets because most venues aren’t supportive of their fans’ oxygen tanks, pacemakers, and wheelchairs.
    Careful, there. You might cut yourself on that edge.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:21 am

Pellaz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:10 am
    Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:04 pm
    Careful, there. You might cut yourself on that edge.
    Don’t mind me boss, just trolling! It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta do it. Kidding aside, Thin Lizzy consistently plays a great show. They’ve still got it.
    2025:

slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 am

Well here is a surprise, last nights announcement of Omnium Gatherum is currently sitting at the #2 spot of the top 10. Granted they only have 132 votes so far, so things could change, but I would expect these guys to stay in the top 10.
    What do you guys think of the lineup so far? What do we need more of?

Survivor

WishList
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:32 am

slayergeek wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 am Well here is a surprise, last nights announcement of Omnium Gatherum is currently sitting at the #2 spot of the top 10. Granted they only have 132 votes so far, so things could change, but I would expect these guys to stay in the top 10.
    What do you guys think of the lineup so far? What do we need more of?

regular death metal, black metal.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 am

3 out of top 5 bands are melodic death metal. Æther Realm is also high. This genre seems popular among app-using survivors. Of course it might be related to not having enough solid Thrash or Power metal announcements.
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am

I mean, when a band gets announced they have a low vote count, so yeah their Must is going to be high. That's why the raw numbers are good to look at. The total number of must votes is way more relevant than the total percentage of must votes.
Post Reply 704 posts