Post Reply 232 posts
What bands can be ruled out for the next sailing?
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2021?

by Sgt. B » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:27 pm

whuhnerJunk wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:41 pm Just got a notification that Tyr will be in Minneapolis on New Years day. So I'm going to rule them and whoever else winds up on that rescheduled tour.

While there is the possibility that they could fit in the cruise since they are in the US already, given Andy's track record for planning ahead I'm assuming the 7th-11th are booked for them.
    That New Years Day show looks like your local promoter just pushing out the event listing until he gets a rescheduled date. He has multiple shows all listed as January 1st, 2021. I don't think that is a definitive date. If it is, then the Tyr tour is sharing a venue with the Attila tour.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • whuhnerJunk
    Oiler

by whuhnerJunk » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:41 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:27 pm
    whuhnerJunk wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:41 pm Just got a notification that Tyr will be in Minneapolis on New Years day. So I'm going to rule them and whoever else winds up on that rescheduled tour.

While there is the possibility that they could fit in the cruise since they are in the US already, given Andy's track record for planning ahead I'm assuming the 7th-11th are booked for them.
    That New Years Day show looks like your local promoter just pushing out the event listing until he gets a rescheduled date. He has multiple shows all listed as January 1st, 2021. I don't think that is a definitive date. If it is, then the Tyr tour is sharing a venue with the Attila tour.
    Thanks. I was only subscribed to that tour and couldn't find anything else. Then again that promoter is supposedly a POS towards bands so who knows.
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:24 pm

whuhnerJunk wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:46 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:14 pm At least VoA got a few shows in, and UTA would not have had a huuuge travel cost.

Feel for Omnium/Insomnium the most. All the way to the US from Finland for ONE. SHOW. That would have literally left them tens of thousands out of pocket.
    Not to belittle Insominium Gatherum but they have the fanbase to recuperate and had accrued less costs only touring for a day instead of a week that VoA had. Just look at their respective fundraisers IG had multiple huge donations and hit close to their larger target in no time.
    I don't think you're understanding the financial arrangement. The majority of the costs, like travel to the U.S. and reserving the tour bus, are fixed because they are paid in advance, and the revenue is variable with each show. Then this is recovered by the guarantee and merch sales with each iterative show. More shows = less losses. Less shows = more losses. 5 shows is 5x the opportunity to make money, with no real additional cost (except for fuel, food, booze).

Not saying VoA doesn't have a bad situation, but their costs didn't go up meaningfully doing more shows. It's like the old joke goes, you can't make up for a negative margin on volume. If more shows was more losses, then every tour would be an absolute financial blowout and there would be no such thing as tours.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:09 am

Can rule out GOTTHARD and MAGNUM :( :( :(

Just announced rescheduled tour dates due to covid-19 and they start on the 11th of January 2021 :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Crawfords Folly
    Wiper

by Crawfords Folly » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:17 pm

Can you rule out AMON AMARTH?
    Or DIMMU BORGIR?
    would love to see COB
    Lucifers Rebellion~

MDF 2015 2016 2019
    70K 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020
    BLASTFEST 2016
    PSYCHO 2017
    INFERNO 2018
    QUEBEC DEATHFEST 2018
    BRUTAL ASSAULT 2019
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 am

Crawfords Folly wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:17 pm Can you rule out AMON AMARTH?
    Or DIMMU BORGIR?
    would love to see COB
    None of those bands can be officially ruled out, but:

-- Amon Amarth played 70K the first year, and hasn't returned. They've consistently been one of the highest-requested bands every year lately; at this point we wonder if they are unwilling to perform or if they are asking too much of a guarantee.
    -- Dimmu Borgir has never played the fest. I'd love to see them on 70K but we wonder if they don't want to, etc.
    -- Children of Bodom HAS played (in 2016), but haven't returned. Not sure about their status; I know Alexi has had some health issues. He looked terrible on the boat; he walked past me on the Promenade and I didn't recognize him. Great performances, though.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Children of Bodom is officially no more. Alexi did not own the rights to the name and the others called it quits and would not let him use the name. He is starting a new band called Bodom After Midnight.

Pellaz wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 am
    Crawfords Folly wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:17 pm Can you rule out AMON AMARTH?
    Or DIMMU BORGIR?
    would love to see COB
    None of those bands can be officially ruled out, but:

-- Amon Amarth played 70K the first year, and hasn't returned. They've consistently been one of the highest-requested bands every year lately; at this point we wonder if they are unwilling to perform or if they are asking too much of a guarantee.
    -- Dimmu Borgir has never played the fest. I'd love to see them on 70K but we wonder if they don't want to, etc.
    -- Children of Bodom HAS played (in 2016), but haven't returned. Not sure about their status; I know Alexi has had some health issues. He looked terrible on the boat; he walked past me on the Promenade and I didn't recognize him. Great performances, though.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:37 am

is the list on the first post supposed to be updated w/ a master list? It'd be nice if it were, so I could just check that to see if any were added. I haven't been on this thing in months and it'd be nice to just look at that rather than sift through these posts asking if amon amarth are out
    2020: Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:51 pm

cholernik wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:37 am is the list on the first post supposed to be updated w/ a master list? It'd be nice if it were, so I could just check that to see if any were added. I haven't been on this thing in months and it'd be nice to just look at that rather than sift through these posts asking if amon amarth are out
    Yes - I do try to keep that first post updated with all the subsequent posts to help alleviate that very problem :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:38 pm

mbob wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:11 pm Children of Bodom is officially no more. Alexi did not own the rights to the name and the others called it quits and would not let him use the name. He is starting a new band called Bodom After Midnight.
    Darn.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:17 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pm
    OUT! - All bands from 70k 2020 (because, that's the way it is, baby)

Suppose we do have 70k 2022, I wonder if all bands from 70k 2020 are out...
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:07 am

Mr.Kito wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:17 am

Suppose we do have 70k 2022, I wonder if all bands from 70k 2020 are out...
    Not sure, I would think all bets are off, so who knows. Right now I am really looking forward to getting a date, a cruise line and a ship. That is more information then we got for the cancelled 2021 cruise :)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:23 am

slayergeek wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:07 amNot sure, I would think all bets are off, so who knows.
    This is a valid point. Imagine all the bands that would want to jump on the boat when we reach a level of normality
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:28 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:23 am
    slayergeek wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:07 amNot sure, I would think all bets are off, so who knows.
    This is a valid point. Imagine all the bands that would want to jump on the boat when we reach a level of normality
    All bets really are off. There will bands that want to jump on boat - get out, get away, perform, unwind....

Versus bands that no matter what situation the world is in, will still see cruise ships as sailing virus incubators.

I wouldn't be surprised if 'bands from the previous sailing' will be allowed on the next sailing, whenever that may be.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: What bands can be ruled out for the next sailing?

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:36 pm

Changed the title of the thread to:

"What bands can be ruled out for the next sailing?"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:33 pm

Any bands whose members haven’t received their last doses of the jab are out.
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:18 pm

I think it's obvious that Iced Earth is ruled out.
    Castroh wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:33 pm Any bands whose members haven’t received their last doses of the jab are out.
    We are still a year away, so it's possible that could be relaxed by then. I'm certainly not gonna try to predict how 2022 will shake out. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:50 am

I wonder if that would be the case for 2023, now...
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:26 am

Mr.Kito wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:50 am I wonder if that would be the case for 2023, now...
    Yeah, considering these were unprecedented years ... but I doubt 2020 bands will repeat, as there will be plenty of other bands willing to get onbroad
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:34 pm

cegr80 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:26 am
    Mr.Kito wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:50 am I wonder if that would be the case for 2023, now...
    .... there will be plenty of other bands willing to get onbroad
    Yeah but even in 12 months time I think there will be an equal number NOT willing to get onbroad a mobile germ breeding ground for 5 days....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:24 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:34 pm
    Yeah but even in 12 months time I think there will be an equal number NOT willing to get onbroad a mobile germ breeding ground for 5 days....
    Currently people are required to be vaxxed, AND get a negative Covid test within two days of embarkation. I felt safer on my October cruise than I do at the local supermarket or restaurant.
    And at the time, masking requirements onbroad were less strict than they are now (Omicron forced tougher requirements), yet even so, most people were wearing masks indoors.

But, as the media is so fond of portraying cruise ships as "Petri dishes," band members will inevitably fear the boat. They'd be better off fearing the airline flights to GET to the boat, where fellow passengers are NOT required to be vaccinated or submit to a pre-flight test.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • whuhnerJunk
    Oiler

by whuhnerJunk » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:10 pm

Fulorian wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:24 pm
    whuhnerJunk wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:46 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:14 pm At least VoA got a few shows in, and UTA would not have had a huuuge travel cost.

Feel for Omnium/Insomnium the most. All the way to the US from Finland for ONE. SHOW. That would have literally left them tens of thousands out of pocket.
    Not to belittle Insominium Gatherum but they have the fanbase to recuperate and had accrued less costs only touring for a day instead of a week that VoA had. Just look at their respective fundraisers IG had multiple huge donations and hit close to their larger target in no time.
    I don't think you're understanding the financial arrangement. The majority of the costs, like travel to the U.S. and reserving the tour bus, are fixed because they are paid in advance, and the revenue is variable with each show. Then this is recovered by the guarantee and merch sales with each iterative show. More shows = less losses. Less shows = more losses. 5 shows is 5x the opportunity to make money, with no real additional cost (except for fuel, food, booze).

Not saying VoA doesn't have a bad situation, but their costs didn't go up meaningfully doing more shows. It's like the old joke goes, you can't make up for a negative margin on volume. If more shows was more losses, then every tour would be an absolute financial blowout and there would be no such thing as tours.
    Super late because man does this forum have crappy set up. But hey, finally got back in

I think you're grossing misunderstanding what I'm saying. Big band with much larger fanbase to make up those losses vs smaller band that can't even headline in Europe above the small venue level. IG/O made up their losses almost instantly, VoA is STILL trying to recoup those losses
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:02 am

Powertrip is out, unless they have replaced Riley Gale after his unexpected death in 2020.
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:41 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:34 pm
    Have to wonder if the psychological factors are going to outweigh any biological ones,a cruise is basically a 5 day lockdown with strict authority rules.Go here ,get in line ,hey let’s start off with a disaster drill etc.,any marginal member who is in a band that had to be talked in before won’t now.Music in general needs to run as far away from globalization and get back to the source.When they pull the Needlecraft for doing way more harm than good ,that is going to turn the World upside down ,should happen before the next cruise.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:58 am

Children of Bodom ruled out passing away of Alexi Laiho .
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:13 pm

Not "ruled out" but there are a growing number of bands that would not be overly welcome for various reasons.

- Destroyer666
    - Iced Earth
    - Alestorm
    - Gloryhammer
    - Mors Principium Est
    - Kataklysm
    - Wizardthrone
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:28 pm

You can add Wizardthrone to this list. They would have been on my wish list if it wasn't for Chris' racists/sexist texts.
    cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:13 pm Not "ruled out" but there are a growing number of bands that would not be overly welcome for various reasons.

- Destroyer666
    - Iced Earth
    - Alestorm
    - Gloryhammer
    - Mors Principium Est
    - Kataklysm
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:23 pm

Ah yes. Good call.
    mbob wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:28 pm You can add Wizardthrone to this list. They would have been on my wish list if it wasn't for Chris' racists/sexist texts.
    cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:13 pm Not "ruled out" but there are a growing number of bands that would not be overly welcome for various reasons.

- Destroyer666
    - Iced Earth
    - Alestorm
    - Gloryhammer
    - Mors Principium Est
    - Kataklysm
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:46 pm

PHIL CAMPBELL AND THE BASTARD SONS have dates in Europe on the 14, 17 and 31st, so, uhh, that doesn't leave many possible weeks.
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Fri May 13, 2022 12:35 am

I guess we can now add The Black Dahlia Murder to this list :'(
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri May 13, 2022 3:09 pm

Have they ruled out going on without him?

Bands have carried on after tragic loss of members before....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat May 14, 2022 7:42 am

I don't think there has been an official statement related to the band breaking up, but it's highly possible
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun May 15, 2022 5:11 pm

Fair enough. Some bands never come back from something like that, others do.

Obvious classic example, the mighty AC/DC released one of their greatest albums with a new lead singer only about 6 months after the death of the legend, Bon Scott, RIP.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 19, 2022 3:38 am

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES are doing the Shiprocked cruise January 22-28. That SURELY rules them out of 70K.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:55 pm

STARTING THE OFFICIAL, UNOFFICIAL RULED OUT LIST

Accept - touring Europe
    Apocalyptica - touring Europe with Epica
    Deathstars - touring Europe
    Epica - touring Europe with Apocalyptica
    Gamma Ray - Kai on tour with Helloween
    Hammerfall - touring with Helloween
    Harakiri for the sky - touring Europe
    Heaven Shall Burn - touring with Trivium
    Helloween - touring with Hammerfall
    Karnivool - touring Europe
    Katatonia - touring Europe
    Phil Campbell and the bastard sons - touring Europe
    Solstafir - touring Europe
    Suicidal Tendencies - Shiprocked cruise the week prior. No way are they doing back-to-back cruises
    Tarja - on tour in UK
    Trivium - touring with Heaven Shall Burn
    Twilight Force - gig in Milan on Feb 4
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 20, 2022 4:21 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:55 pm STARTING THE OFFICIAL, UNOFFICIAL RULED OUT LIST

Accept - touring Europe
    Suicidal Tendencies - Shiprocked cruise the week prior. No way are they doing back-to-back cruises
    Tarja - on tour in UK
    I'd add Iced Earth - Prison/House arrest. :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:01 pm

STARTING THE OFFICIAL, UNOFFICIAL RULED OUT LIST

Accept - touring Europe
    Beast in Black - on Mediterranean Metal Cruise
    Bloodbath - no Katatonia => no Bloodbath
    Burning Witches - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    DAD - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    Doro - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    Enforcer - on Mediterranean Metal Cruise
    Ensiferum - on Mediterranean Metal Cruise
    Halestorm - touring Australia
    Iced Earth - because, reasons
    Loudness - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    Michael Schenker - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    Myrath - on Mediterranean Metal Cruise
    Nestor - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    Parkway Drive - Shiprocked cruise the week prior
    Queensryche - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    Reckless Love - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    Rose Tattoo - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    Saxon - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    Stratovarius - on Mediterranean Metal Cruise
    Stryper - on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023
    Tankard - on Mediterranean Metal Cruise
    Tarja - on tour in UK
    Trick or Treat - No Twilight Force = No Trick or Treat
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 25, 2022 1:39 pm

Bands on Monsters of Rock Cruise 2023 can PROBABLY be ruled out.

Bands on there that have been requested, or have been on 70K before, include:

Doro
    Burning Witches
    Nestor
    Reckless Love
    Loudness
    DAD
    Queensryche
    Rose Tattoo
    Saxon
    Stryper
    Michael Schenker
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri May 27, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 25, 2022 2:09 pm

Mediterranean Metal Cruise is about the same amount of time before 70k as Monsters of Rock is after. POSSIBLY rule these bands out

https://mediterraneametalcruise.com/lineup/

Beast In Black
    Enforcer
    Ensiferum
    Myrath
    Stratovarius
    Tankard
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 25, 2022 4:31 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:09 pm Mediterranean Metal Cruise is about the same amount of time before 70k as Monsters of Rock is after. POSSIBLY rule these bands out

https://mediterraneametalcruise.com/lineup/

Beast In Black
    Enforcer
    Ensiferum
    Myrath
    Stratovarius
    Tankard
    Not Myrath! :bitch:

Not sure I'd rule all these out. That's in a different part of the world; not sure it really infringes on 70K territory. Also, free beer? Hey Andy, get your shit together! We need this.