2023 Set length speculation
    toby
    Midshipman

Re: 2023 Set length speculation

by toby » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:51 pm

slayergeek wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:11 am
    Danny24601 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:51 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:08 am

VERY surprised that Elvenking has more monthly listeners that Kamelot and Dark Tranquillity!
    I mentioned this in the cripper thread, but monthly listeners can be pretty erratic as it only counts anyone who played the start of one of your songs in the last 28 days. Thus, it's easily skewed by new releases or playlist placements, or the lack of either.

...not sure what's up with Kamelot though as they just dropped a new single.
    As far as real world voting by our audience via the app (sneak peak into Tuesdays stats)

Dark Tranquility has shot to the top/most popular band with 81.91% of cruisers having them as Must. (Out of the 376 people who have ranked them so far)
    Kamelot is at #11 with 52.66% of cruisers having them as Must. (Out of the 676 people who ranked them)

And Elvenking, they are currently at #23 with 45.24% of cruisers having them as Must. (Out of the 462 people who ranked them)
    If there was a must must category, Dark Tranquility and DragonForce would be there for me. I put my Musts as bands I must see 1 set at least. DT and DF are my only legit 2 setters so far.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 pm HEADLINERS
    Kreator
    Nightwish

60 MINUTES
    Amorphis
    Dark Tranquillity (75 minutes?)
    Dragonforce
    Evergrey
    Feuerschwanz (a guess)
    Insomnium (45mins previous years but, announced second this time, I reckon they get promoted)
    Kamelot (75 minutes?)
    Keep of Kalessin
    Korpiklaani
    The Crown (a guess)
    Uli Jon Roth

45 MINUTES
    Abysmal Dawn
    Amberian Dawn
    Atrocity
    Batushka
    Belphegor
    Bodyfarm
    Cancer
    Cryptosis
    Cynic
    Dear Mother
    Deathless Legacy
    Destruction
    Edge of Paradise
    Eleine
    Elvenking
    Empress
    Eshtadur
    Fallujah
    Fractal Universe
    Freedom Call
    God Dethroned
    Hideous Divinity
    Hei'an
    Iron Savior
    Isole
    Jungle Rot
    Manegarm
    Melechesh
    Nightmare
    Nothgard
    Novembre
    Obscura
    Oceans of Slumber
    Osyron
    Rotting Christ
    Sirenia
    Vicious Rumors
    Visions of Atlantis
    Vreid
    Warbringer
    Wolfchant
    Wormed
    This list looks pretty good. Thinking about it now, only disagreements are that I'd say that Rotting Christ have a decent chance of promotion to 60, Dragonforce (and maybe Amorphis?) have a higher chance of 75 than DT, despite prior comments from me The Crown is probably 45, Elvenking is a solid 60 possibility, and Keep might get Moonsorrowed (45 + 60 album play).
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:23 pm

Well now that Dragonforce is on board, I put them as my strongest contender for that mystery third headliner (which would be a shame to not have any newbie headliners but at least 2/3 of them it would be their first time headlining)

Second largest active listener base on every platform (only NW beats them)
    Last time they were on board they were 60 Mins BUT have seen a nice resurgence in popularity thanks to a return to form album and Herman's STRONG internet presence

Most damning for me is the fact that on their most recent US tour, they were headlining either the same venues Kamelot was OR even bigger than Kamelot was on their most recent US tour

Only leg up Kamelot has over them is that they're prepping a new album cycle (but then again, they were promoting a new album last time they were on the boat and only got 60 mins)

Also worth looking at is diversity of genres. Amorphis/Insomnium/Dark Tranquility would all provide a nice difference in style compared to Nightwish and Kreator.
    Kamelot is technically a different sub genre than Nightwish but they've got more of an overlap in fanbase than Nightwish than Dragonforce does.
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:57 pm

MuzakMaker wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:23 pm Well now that Dragonforce is on board, I put them as my strongest contender for that mystery third headliner (which would be a shame to not have any newbie headliners but at least 2/3 of them it would be their first time headlining)

Second largest active listener base on every platform (only NW beats them)
    Last time they were on board they were 60 Mins BUT have seen a nice resurgence in popularity thanks to a return to form album and Herman's STRONG internet presence

Most damning for me is the fact that on their most recent US tour, they were headlining either the same venues Kamelot was OR even bigger than Kamelot was on their most recent US tour

Only leg up Kamelot has over them is that they're prepping a new album cycle (but then again, they were promoting a new album last time they were on the boat and only got 60 mins)

Also worth looking at is diversity of genres. Amorphis/Insomnium/Dark Tranquility would all provide a nice difference in style compared to Nightwish and Kreator.
    Kamelot is technically a different sub genre than Nightwish but they've got more of an overlap in fanbase than Nightwish than Dragonforce does.
    Good analysis. The last time DRAGONFORCE was on (2016), the 75mners were ICED EARTH, CRADLE OF FILTH and CHILDREN OF BODOM, so there’s less competition (and egos?) this year.
    Otherwise, KAMELOT vs DRAGONFORCE is 325,391 Spotify listeners vs 1,772,341.
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:31 pm

Yeah, I'm really not seeing how Dragonforce isn't the third headliner.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:26 pm

Okay, given that the next announcement is a group of 3 - that is almost guaranteed to be 3 x 45 minute bands.

That means we've only got 1 x 60min band left (Cannibal Corpse).

I've promoted DRAGONFORCE to the 3rd headliner spot, and moved ELVENKING to 60 minutes.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • creptorstatus
    Petty Officer

by creptorstatus » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:08 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:26 pm That means we've only got 1 x 60min band left (Cannibal Corpse).
    Got a secret source on this? Earlier this year they accidentally reposted an old facebook post that said they'd be doing 70k, but it was in error.
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor

:whisky:
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:17 pm

People really think DF might me a headliner on this cruise? Wow. Last time I saw them live was opening for Kamelot, and that wasn’t too long ago.

Rotting Christ is def a 60 min set.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:36 pm

creptorstatus wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:08 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:26 pm That means we've only got 1 x 60min band left (Cannibal Corpse).
    Got a secret source on this? Earlier this year they accidentally reposted an old facebook post that said they'd be doing 70k, but it was in error.
    Nah purely a hunch, given we are getting a lot of 2018 repeats and their relative proximity to the port :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • creptorstatus
    Petty Officer

by creptorstatus » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:05 pm

Nah purely a hunch, given we are getting a lot of 2018 repeats and their relative proximity to the port :lol:
    Well i hope you are right!

• creptorstatus
    Petty Officer

by creptorstatus » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:12 pm

Downvod wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:17 pm People really think DF might me a headliner on this cruise? Wow. Last time I saw them live was opening for Kamelot, and that wasn’t too long ago.
    if we are going by Spotify listeners as some form of ranking... Dragonforce def has like 6 times the amount that DT does, 2nd most out of all bands on the cruise atm. Them and Nightwish are the only bands to have 1 million+ monthly listeners.. every other band is pretty significantly lower, even Kreator.

But i know that dont mean a whole lot. So who knows. Guess well find out #SOOOOOOOOON

• MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:39 pm

Downvod wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:17 pm People really think DF might me a headliner on this cruise? Wow. Last time I saw them live was opening for Kamelot, and that wasn’t too long ago.

It looks like you missed the tours I mentioned where DF is playing larger venues than Kamelot now

And yeah that DF/Kamelot tour might as well be ancient history at this point. That was 5ish years ago
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:16 pm

MuzakMaker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:39 pm

It looks like you missed the tours I mentioned where DF is playing larger venues than Kamelot now

And yeah that DF/Kamelot tour might as well be ancient history at this point. That was 5ish years ago
    Yes, i saw where you mentioned that. I bring up the tour from 5 years ago because i haven't heard anything new about Dragonforce since that point in time that seems to boost their relevance. Honestly, I only really recall hearing buzz about Dragonforce when they were at their peak like 15 years ago. These days, they just don't strike me as a headliner anymore.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:03 pm

Downvod wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:16 pm

Yes, i saw where you mentioned that. I bring up the tour from 5 years ago because i haven't heard anything new about Dragonforce since that point in time that seems to boost their relevance. Honestly, I only really recall hearing buzz about Dragonforce when they were at their peak like 15 years ago. These days, they just don't strike me as a headliner anymore.
    I mean, if we based things off of what people hear concerning bands they don't follow, I could easily say Rotting Christ doesn't even deserve 45 minutes considering I haven't even heard of anything by them being relevant in the past 10 years.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:07 pm

MuzakMaker wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:03 pm
    Downvod wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:16 pm

I mean, if we based things off of what people hear concerning bands they don't follow, I could easily say Rotting Christ doesn't even deserve 45 minutes considering I haven't even heard of anything by them being relevant in the past 10 years.
    I guess that was kind of my point. I usually expect the 75 min bands on 70k to be the bands that are almost obvious even if you don't follow them or that style. The 60 min bands are the ones who are very popular amongst a cult following, or big fans of that respective subgenre. DF at the height of their popularity may have been obvious, but now its clearly up for debate.

For example, I don't follow Sabaton any more than I do Dragonforce, but I instantly knew when they were booked that they would be a headliner for 2018. Of course, we don't always have 3 of those that are obvious, which is why there is a section of the forum for this to be deliberated. To be fair, i wouldn't have expected Michael Schenker to have a 75 min set last time, so anything is possible.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:27 pm

Downvod wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:07 pm I guess that was kind of my point. I usually expect the 75 min bands on 70k to be the bands that are almost obvious even if you don't follow them or that style. The 60 min bands are the ones who are very popular amongst a cult following, or big fans of that respective subgenre. DF at the height of their popularity may have been obvious, but now its clearly up for debate.

For example, I don't follow Sabaton any more than I do Dragonforce, but I instantly knew when they were booked that they would be a headliner for 2018. Of course, we don't always have 3 of those that are obvious, which is why there is a section of the forum for this to be deliberated. To be fair, i wouldn't have expected Michael Schenker to have a 75 min set last time, so anything is possible.
    Valid. Always the curveballs, hence this thread.

I mean did ANYONE ON THE PLANET expect Unearth to get a 75 minute slot in 2014????! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:23 pm

Oh well, all your theories to the ground.

First year with a 90 minute band.
    First year with only two bands with more than 60 minute sets.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • creptorstatus
    Petty Officer

by creptorstatus » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:53 pm

God damn. Hope Nightwish has some suprises in their set….

• MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:07 am

Well that aged poorly :lol:
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:55 am

bodomdragon wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:23 pm Oh well, all your theories to the ground.

Not only that, but first year that said 90 minute band has the ONLY set for that window. I can see that for the last night, but BOTH sets?
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:08 am

bodomdragon wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:23 pm Oh well, all your theories to the ground.

Not quite, bands in 2011 and 2012 got 90 minutes. Last one was Nightwish last time.

My prediction comments for headliners on FB/discord gave a 10% chance that changes to the running order would invalidate the 3 headliner assumption so I am giving myself solid part marks for that.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:18 am

MuzakMaker wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:07 am

So did your speculation about DF being a 75 minute set. Everyone was equally wrong. Let’s move on.

• MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:24 am

Downvod wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:18 am
    MuzakMaker wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:07 am

So did your speculation about DF being a 75 minute set. Everyone was equally wrong. Let’s move on.
    My point was DF was a CONTENDER for headline, not that they were a headliner
    Everyone was wrong about a third headliner
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:24 pm

Yeah 2011 and 2012 we got 90 minute bands and 75 minute bands.

2011 - 90 minutes - Blind Guardian AND Saxon. 75 minutes - Testament and Amon Amarth.
    2012 - 90 mintues - Nightwish AND Venom. 75 minutes - Children of Bodom.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:16 pm

Updated the first post.

Looks like we are getting:
    1 x 90 (Nightwish)
    1 x 75 (Kreator)
    and 13 x 60 minute bands this year.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:48 am

toby wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:55 am

Not only that, but first year that said 90 minute band has the ONLY set for that window. I can see that for the last night, but BOTH sets?
    I'm virtually certain that "no competition during either set" was part of Nightwish's contract.
    And it worked; both shows were pretty packed.
    Meanwhile some pretty big names (Dark Tranquillity, Amorphis) had a fair number of open seats when they played the theater.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:09 pm

Pellaz wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:48 am

I'm virtually certain that "no competition during either set" was part of Nightwish's contract.
    Meanwhile some pretty big names (Dark Tranquillity, Amorphis) had a fair number of open seats when they played the theater.
    Due to the pool deck stage delay, Feuerschwanz was up directly against Amorphis theater show.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:55 am

I have a feeling that this "no one plays while Nightwish does" thingie was more of a strategic move from Andy than a contract clause from the band. He knew the boat wasn't full but he needed pictures where it looked like it was. He needs to show crowded venues. So let's try to get half the boat (or whatever) into Nightwish shows with no competition whatsoever.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:35 am

bodomdragon wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:55 am

I have a feeling that this "no one plays while Nightwish does" thingie was more of a strategic move from Andy than a contract clause from the band. He knew the boat wasn't full but he needed pictures where it looked like it was. He needs to show crowded venues. So let's try to get half the boat (or whatever) into Nightwish shows with no competition whatsoever.
    Considering they also had their gear at the pool deck all day (for an incredibly minimal set up to be frank), I'm more inclined to believe the lack of competition was either something they required in their rider or something Andy offered to convince them to come back to our lowly boat.