Sirenia
    Skiltron
    Vicious Rumors
    Visions of Atlantis
    Vreid
    Warbringer
    Wolfchant
    Wormed
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 58 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 2023 Set length speculation

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:03 pm

Bumping this thread. I'm a bit iffy on 45 mins for RC and Insomnium. They only got 45 mins on their previous cruises but this time around Insomnium are the 2nd most requested band behind Amon Amarth!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:22 pm

First band I've had to guess the set length!

I'm gonna assume 45 minutes for Novembre.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:18 pm

Is Kamelot the only-ever demotion? They headlined 2017?

What are the odds they're _not_ a headliner right now? It would be pretty soon to have announced all 3 I suppose...
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:25 pm

DarkMacek wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:18 pm Is Kamelot the only-ever demotion? They headlined 2017?

What are the odds they're _not_ a headliner right now? It would be pretty soon to have announced all 3 I suppose...
    Bands get shuffled occasionally, but I'd assume that in 2017 they were bumped up last minute to replace Gojira who dropped. They certainly didn't seem to have prepped 75 min of material.

I'd give them 80% odds of not being a headliner RN.

I do agree with stats that both RC and Insomnium really could deserve a promotion....
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:28 pm

DarkMacek wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:18 pm Is Kamelot the only-ever demotion? They headlined 2017?

Yeah it will depend on what is to come, but while yes they did headline in 2017, they did not when they were last on in 2019.

So I'm gonna say 60 minutes for now.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:23 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:25 pm

Bands get shuffled occasionally, but I'd assume that in 2017 they were bumped up last minute to replace Gojira who dropped. They certainly didn't seem to have prepped 75 min of material.

I do agree with stats that both RC and Insomnium really could deserve a promotion....
    Gotta love the 15 minutes of band introductions and wankery on stage to fill the time.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:24 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:22 pm First band I've had to guess the set length!

I'm gonna assume 45 minutes for Novembre.
    For as excited as people seem to be for them, I'll be shocked if they don't play 45. First timers have to be significantly larger to skip the 45min slot
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:59 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:23 pm
    Danny24601 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:25 pm

Gotta love the 15 minutes of band introductions and wankery on stage to fill the time.
    Yep, and that was from a band that pulled off the best, tightest walk-on in the history of ProgPower USA. They played "The Might of Rome" from the Gladiator soundtrack, and at the point where the song crescendos, they segued right into "New Allegiance" and "Fourth Legacy." Brilliantly timed, short and sweeeet.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:53 am

Considering announced bands so far, isn't Rotting Christ 60min tier?

Don't know whats about to come, but so far, I would guess a 60min set for them
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:26 am

Mr.Kito wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:53 am Considering announced bands so far, isn't Rotting Christ 60min tier?

Don't know whats about to come, but so far, I would guess a 60min set for them
    Aside from the fact that they're playing a 37 minute album in full for their sets. Sure, you pad the time a bit with some extra songs and talking but 60 minutes is just too much extra.

Then again, Ihsahn just peaced out with 15 minutes left in his theater set in 2020 because he didn't prep a full 60 mins.
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:14 pm

MuzakMaker wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:26 am
    Aside from the fact that they're playing a 37 minute album in full for their sets. Sure, you pad the time a bit with some extra songs and talking but 60 minutes is just too much extra.

Then again, Ihsahn just peaced out with 15 minutes left in his theater set in 2020 because he didn't prep a full 60 mins.
    Reminds me of when Abinchova played in 2016. They didn't realise they had 45 minute sets - every festival they'd only ever get 30 minutes so they just assumed that's what they would get on 70K :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:38 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:14 pm

Reminds me of when Abinchova played in 2016. They didn't realise they had 45 minute sets - every festival they'd only ever get 30 minutes so they just assumed that's what they would get on 70K :P
    Cowboy, sorry to bother you with this, but I recall you said you keep the running orders of previous editions. Would you be so kind to share them?
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:10 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:38 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:14 pm

Cowboy, sorry to bother you with this, but I recall you said you keep the running orders of previous editions. Would you be so kind to share them?
    Leave it with me! I did have them up on a personal site at one stage but I lost access to it. I still have them all on my laptop so I just need to find somewhere to share them :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:36 pm

All running orders through the years:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9qfa9k ... ing+Orders
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:36 pm All running orders through the years:

You rock!! Thanks!!!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:43 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:33 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:36 pm All running orders through the years:

You rock!! Thanks!!!
    No worries - make sure you download them locally, as that is just a free link so I think it will only stick around for 14 days or something :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:42 pm

THE CROWN - 45 minutes or 60?

For a change, no idea on this one!

Thinking 45.....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:50 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:42 pm THE CROWN - 45 minutes or 60?

For a change, no idea on this one!

Thinking 45.....
    16000 monthly Spotify listeners and they only played 46 shows in the last 20 years on setlist.fm?
    Hmm, tough call indeed.
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:29 pm

I'm going with this being one of the "how did they only get 45 where X got 60?" bands

They've got the creds for 60 but the running order is determined by throwing darts and spinning dart board.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:35 pm

POSSIBLY 45 minutes for Keep?

That's what they got in 2014, the only time they've been on previously.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:35 pm POSSIBLY 45 minutes for Keep?

I'm going with 60. Album release show + return from the semi-dead + decent demand + their albums are all nearly an hour = 45 minutes being too short
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:13 pm

Makes sense :) I'll bump them to 60.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:14 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:35 pm POSSIBLY 45 minutes for Keep?

Maybe 60 min. for the album premiere, and 45 for their "regular" set?

Of course, that would only leave room for 4 or 5 "classic" songs. They tend to be a bit long-winded, although not quite Opethian that way. :D
    I'd love it if they had a longer regular set to play with, though. Many of my favorites clock in at 7-12 minutes. "Dragon Iconography" or (gasp) "Reptilian Majesty" would be amazing.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:17 pm

DESTRUCTION always had 45mn, not 60.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:35 pm

Right you are - put them back to 45.

So at this stage we've got maybe two of the three 75 minute x 2 sets bands.
    Actually thinking that Keep of Kalessin could 'do a Moonsorrow' - they got 1 x 45 minute set and 1 x 75 minute set for their 'full album' show last cruise.
    And 2020 we had (by my quick count just now) 12 bands that got two 60 minute sets. So far we've MAYBE got 8 (Feuerschwanz maybe only gets 45, and as I say maybe Keep gets a 45 and a 75)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:58 pm

I'm guessing The Crown gets 60 with their legacy and rarity, unless the rest of the lineup is really good.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:07 pm

Unlikely there is going to be a 60 min band in the next group of 3. and given we usually have 3 75min bands and 12 60 min, we are NOT getting a headliner and 3 60 min worthy bands in the last ten - my tip is 2 x 60min bands at most.

So this is how I see it playing out.

75 min set x 2
    Kamelot
    Kreator
    Nightwish

60 min set x 2
    Amorphis
    Evergrey
    Feuerschwanz (a guess)
    Insomnium (45mins previous years but, announced second this time, I reckon they get promoted)
    Keep of Kalessin
    Korpiklaani
    Rotting Christ (promoting to 60)
    The Crown (a guess)
    Uli Jon Roth
    **UNANNOUNCED BAND**
    **UNANNOUNCED BAND**

And probably promote one more band to 60 from 45 but not sure who.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:18 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:07 pm Unlikely there is going to be a 60 min band in the next group of 3. and given we usually have 3 75min bands and 12 60 min, we are NOT getting a headliner and 3 60 min worthy bands in the last ten - my tip is 2 x 60min bands at most.

75 min set x 2
    Kamelot
    Kreator
    Nightwish

60 min set x 2
    Amorphis
    Evergrey
    Feuerschwanz (a guess)
    Insomnium (45mins previous years but, announced second this time, I reckon they get promoted)
    Keep of Kalessin
    Korpiklaani
    The Crown (a guess)
    Uli Jon Roth
    **UNANNOUNCED BAND**
    **UNANNOUNCED BAND**

I’m afraid you are right, sadly.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:26 am

First time we have a deficit in both 75mn and 60mn bands that late.
    All bets are off at this point.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:04 pm

I'd assume DT would get one of the remaining 60 minute slots.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:52 pm

Yep agreed.

So I reckon there will be more than likely be a 60 minute band for the final announcement.

The rest of the bands up to then will either be all 45s with one currently listed as 45 mins getting 60, OR we may get another 60 minute band before the final announcement.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:34 pm

Those 17 bands have >100K Spotify listeners, so potential for 45->60 promotions at the bottom.

Nightwish
    Kreator
    Korpiklaani
    Feuerschwanz
    Elvenking
    Amorphis
    Dark Tranquillity
    Kamelot
    Insomnium
    Rotting Christ
    Sirenia
    Evergrey
    Visions Of Atlantis
    Amberian Dawn
    Iron Savior
    Freedom Call
    Belphegor
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:08 am

ELVENKING, ranking at #5, looks like a potential candidate.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:08 am

Godflesh wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:08 am ELVENKING, ranking at #5, looks like a potential candidate.
    VERY surprised that Elvenking has more monthly listeners that Kamelot and Dark Tranquillity!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:29 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:08 am
    Godflesh wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:08 am ELVENKING, ranking at #5, looks like a potential candidate.
    VERY surprised that Elvenking has more monthly listeners that Kamelot and Dark Tranquillity!
    Clearly the least predictable Set Length Speculation ever.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:51 am

I mentioned this in the cripper thread, but monthly listeners can be pretty erratic as it only counts anyone who played the start of one of your songs in the last 28 days. Thus, it's easily skewed by new releases or playlist placements, or the lack of either.

...not sure what's up with Kamelot though as they just dropped a new single.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:11 am

Danny24601 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:51 am
    I mentioned this in the cripper thread, but monthly listeners can be pretty erratic as it only counts anyone who played the start of one of your songs in the last 28 days. Thus, it's easily skewed by new releases or playlist placements, or the lack of either.

...not sure what's up with Kamelot though as they just dropped a new single.
    As far as real world voting by our audience via the app (sneak peak into Tuesdays stats)

Dark Tranquility has shot to the top/most popular band with 81.91% of cruisers having them as Must. (Out of the 376 people who have ranked them so far)
    Kamelot is at #11 with 52.66% of cruisers having them as Must. (Out of the 676 people who ranked them)

And Elvenking, they are currently at #23 with 45.24% of cruisers having them as Must. (Out of the 462 people who ranked them)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:13 am

Danny24601 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:51 am ...not sure what's up with Kamelot though as they just dropped a new single.
    That single is bad and they should feel bad.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:17 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:07 pm Unlikely there is going to be a 60 min band in the next group of 3. and given we usually have 3 75min bands and 12 60 min, we are NOT getting a headliner and 3 60 min worthy bands in the last ten - my tip is 2 x 60min bands at most.

75 min set x 2
    Kamelot
    Kreator
    Nightwish

60 min set x 2
    Amorphis
    Evergrey
    Feuerschwanz (a guess)
    Keep of Kalessin
    Korpiklaani
    The Crown (a guess)
    Uli Jon Roth
    **UNANNOUNCED BAND**
    **UNANNOUNCED BAND**

NOT looking too bad. Since that post we've added Dark Tranquillity and Dragonforce which would both be guaranteed at least 60 minutes. Promote Rotting Christ to getting 60 minutes and one more final band worthy of 60 minutes will round it out nicely!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 69 posts