Post Reply 17 posts Page 1 of 1
Interesting question - WHEN was 70000 Tons of Metal first announced?
    cowboy71
    Commander

Interesting question - WHEN was 70000 Tons of Metal first announced?

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:00 pm

It's a question that is actually harder to answer than I thought!

I have in my notes that the first bands were announced 18th of December 2009, but I'm not sure where I even got that from - maybe Blabbermouth?

The forum here came to life around February 2010.

The 70000tons.com domain was first registered October 12, 2007.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Interesting question - WHEN was 70000 Tons of Metal first announced?

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:09 pm

Godflesh found this on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvNTuouu65A

July 29, 2009.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:14 am

@Cowboy: this site may fulfill your stat-needs :cool:

https://web.archive.org/

first snapshot of 70000tons.com dates back to 20.08.2009, with the abbove mentioned video embedded.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20090820060 ... 0tons.com/
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020 / 2024
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:58 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:09 pm Godflesh found this on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvNTuouu65A

July 29, 2009.

did anyone read the comment section? :lol:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:48 pm

Mr.Kito wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:58 pmdid anyone read the comment section? :lol:
    Yup, some funny comments there. The drinking age and the scam made me laugh :lol:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:42 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:48 pm
    Mr.Kito wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:58 pmdid anyone read the comment section? :lol:
    Yup, some funny comments there. The drinking age and the scam made me laugh :lol:
    HAHAHAHAHHA :shock:

Also, Wacken 2009 was end July/start August and apparently 70k had a presence there that year so that was possibly the official 'public' start of the 70K Juggernaut.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:42 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:48 pm

Also, Wacken 2009 was end July/start August and apparently 70k had a presence there that year so that was possibly the official 'public' start of the 70K Juggernaut.
    I was at Wacken that year and I swear I saw a 70K promo or video up on the screen at one point but can't remember anything about it or if I just made that up. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:07 pm

mooyagi wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:07 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:48 pm Yup, some funny comments there. The drinking age and the scam made me laugh :lol:

I was at Wacken that year and I swear I saw a 70K promo or video up on the screen at one point but can't remember anything about it or if I just made that up. :lol:
  • whuhnerJunk
    Oiler

by whuhnerJunk » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:07 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:07 pm

That guy claiming playing for only 2000 people wouldn't be worth his time and would just devalue any band. :lol:
    Who wants to bet that this guys' band can't even get 50 to show up at his bar shows?

Every artist I've talked to about crowd sizes has said they prefer the intimacy of smaller crowds and as fan I have to agree. I've had a much better time at the bar/small club shows than any arena show I've ever been to.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:39 pm

Yes there were some... interesting... thoughts about the cruise especially in the early days!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:39 pm Yes there were some... interesting... thoughts about the cruise especially in the early days!!
    I still thought it was a scam even getting onbroad. At the very least, they were trying to kill us with that pool deck setup. :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:45 pm

mooyagi wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:07 pm I was at Wacken that year and I swear I saw a 70K promo or video up on the screen at one point but can't remember anything about it or if I just made that up. :lol:
    Cool, so I'm not crazy...
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:14 pm

mooyagi wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:45 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:07 pm I was at Wacken that year and I swear I saw a 70K promo or video up on the screen at one point but can't remember anything about it or if I just made that up. :lol:
    Cool, so I'm not crazy...
    I wouldn't go that far.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:26 pm

if andy were smart he would not even announce the cruise for 2021 but only continue it in 2022
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:42 am

I can remember shoveling my driveway that day 4 times in shorts and a parka , came in at midnight and seen a ad on a metal news site that said what the fuck did you do this winter with a guy digging out his driveway, i was like sign me up as I had the parka to get on the plane and the metal shirt and shorts to get off the plane hahah as I'M HEADING out to shovel right now as i finish this haha so send me what ever card comes after the black one i got and I also need a new calendar.. wink wink Andy
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:15 pm

mooyagi wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:43 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:39 pm Yes there were some... interesting... thoughts about the cruise especially in the early days!!
    I still thought it was a scam even getting onbroad. At the very least, they were trying to kill us with that pool deck setup. :lol:

But did you DIE?? haha.. At least they put tennis balls on the steel pipes protruding up from the deck.. if that is what you were referring to. I'm surprised no one got impaled on those! Health and Safety would have not approved... haha
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:43 am

Lala wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:26 pm if andy were smart he would not even announce the cruise for 2021 but only continue it in 2022
Post Reply 17 posts Page 1 of 1