Post Reply 48 posts
Coronavirus impacting festivals?
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

Coronavirus impacting festivals?

by Tiki108 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:37 pm

So, anyone else worried that this won't get better before the summer music festivals start and they'll get cancelled? I'm supposed to be going to Graspop, but I haven't even booked our flights yet cause there's been a lot of issues surrounding cancellations and refunds. In my line of work I often handle dispute claims and we've had so many right now with not only airline disputes, but travel insurance not wanting to cover cancellations, even when they have been "cancel for any reason" policies.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
    • meshuggah
      Ensign

Re: Coronavirus impacting festivals?

by meshuggah » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Coachella and Stagecoach have both been moved to October.
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:19 am

My next festival is Psycho Las Vegas, which is in August. Hopefully by then all this coronacrap has vanished??
      2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
      Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:24 am

I really hope it's all gone before then, but seems like it's only getting worse. :cry:

2024_Wishlist:

Pellaz
        Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:37 pm So, anyone else worried that this won't get better before the summer music festivals start and they'll get cancelled? I'm supposed to be going to Graspop, but I haven't even booked our flights yet cause there's been a lot of issues surrounding cancellations and refunds. In my line of work I often handle dispute claims and we've had so many right now with not only airline disputes, but travel insurance not wanting to cover cancellations, even when they have been "cancel for any reason" policies.
        Yes, because this became a "named event." Once a disaster is named, then CFAR insurance purchased after the event start doesn't cover it. :evil:
        2025 Wishlist:
        1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
        2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
        2025: most likely
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:21 am

DARK MOFO festival in Tasmania won't go ahead this year because of this.

My Chemical Romance have pulled out of DOWNLOAD JAPAN, scheduled to take place 29th March. So, without a headliner I'm guessing that one won't go ahead.

No word on Download Australia yet, scheduled to take place next weekend.

But yeah, this isn't blowing over in a hurry. I wouldn't want to planning to hit any Euro festivals in the summer :(
        Upcoming Gigs:
        -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
        2025 Wishlist
        Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
        mbob
        Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:37 pm

Houston...

2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
        2016 - Survivor (2292)
        2017 - Survivor (9618)
        2018 - Survivor (9678)
        2019 - Survivor (9272)
        2020 - Retired
        2021 - COVID
        2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
        2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:58 pm

DOWNLOAD AUSTRALIA cancelled.
        Upcoming Gigs:
        -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
        2025 Wishlist
        Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:13 am

Australia has now imposed a 14-day quarantine for all visitors to Australia.

No end date at this stage.

Can say goodbye to any International tours at all for the foreseeable future.
        Upcoming Gigs:
        2025 Wishlist
      • DudeBro
        Oiler

by DudeBro » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:27 pm

mbob wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:37 pm Houston...

This one hurt for me.
        S:2015, 2020

Airbourne + Babymetal + Crystal Viper + Dethklok + Enforcer + Eternal Champion + Grand Magus + Hell + Slough Feg + Magic Circle + Nekrogoblikon + Powerwolf + Stormwarrior + Sumerlands + The Sword + Visigoth
        Zed3
        Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:53 pm

Lions Metal Festival has been postponed, initial dates were June 5th & 6th and now scheduled for Sept 4th and 5th with the same line-up (incl notably Fleshgod Apocalypse and Primordial) minus 1 band. I already had my tix so still going...
        2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
        ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
      • deathmetalpat
        Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Maryland Deathfest just postponed the entire event to next year,this is going to be the equivalent of The Year Without a Summer -culture wise.
        2012-14 Survivor
        2015-16 Abandoned Ship
        2017 Returned
        2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
        2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
        2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
        2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:33 pm

Cannot be long until Wacken 2020 calls it.

Not until the end of July but the logistics around that festival would be insanely complex so they can't sit on the fence for much longer.

And experts are saying it will be maybe a year until a vaccine is released, so I cannot see a festival of 100,000 people from all over the world 4 months time will happen.
        Upcoming Gigs:
        2025 Wishlist
        Tiki108
        Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:07 am

I'm hoping Graspop announces their postponement soon. I'm sure it will be, but flights are cheap and I don't want to book anything until I know what's happening. I also have a cruise in Europe in August and I'm sure that'll be cancelled to, but I'm supposed to pay for it May 1st.

2024_Wishlist:

Memnoch
          Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:09 am

Not looking good for summer festivals. The Danish government banned all events until the end of August. I'm sure most European countries will follow suit.

So...as it stands now, the first summer festival (at least in Denmark) is Kill Town Death Fest in Copenhagen at the beginning of September. Not the best of names to celebrate the return to normal life. :?
          Wishlist:
          GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
          Tiki108
          Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:47 pm

Memnoch wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:09 am Not looking good for summer festivals. The Danish government banned all events until the end of August. I'm sure most European countries will follow suit.

So...as it stands now, the first summer festival (at least in Denmark) is Kill Town Death Fest in Copenhagen at the beginning of September. Not the best of names to celebrate the return to normal life. :?
          But it would be the most ironic name!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2024_Wishlist:

Zed3
            Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:12 am

Hellfest cancelled... or they put it postponed to 2021.
            Was to be my first Hellfest, that will have to wait one more year.
            At this point I don't except any large festival to take place this summer...
            2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
            ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
            Speedy
            Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:57 am

Germany cancels all large events until 31 August, so there goes RockHarz, Bang You Head, Wacken, Summer Breeze and more.
            70k 2013 cabin 4008
            70k 2014 cabin 2565
            70k 2015 cabin 8687
            70k 2016 cabin 7607
            70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
            70k 2019 cabin 7690
            70k 2018 M.I.A.
            (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
            cegr80
            Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Abandon all hope!
            2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
            Tiki108
            Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:46 pm

Well, there goes Graspop. Official announcement came and it's postponed. :cry: :cry: :cry:

2024_Wishlist:

Pellaz
              Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:44 pm

"China has won World War 3 without firing a single shot." :evil:
              2025 Wishlist:
              1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
              cowboy71
              Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:16 am

Metal Days has just announced that they are officially postponed.
              Upcoming Gigs:
              2025 Wishlist
            • deathmetalpat
              Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:02 am

Sweden Rock is done and that is probably a sign the entire summer season is over.Sweden is using the herd immunity and since the country is the most “open “ at the moment,cancellation without a future date later this summer is telling.
              2012-14 Survivor
              2015-16 Abandoned Ship
              2017 Returned
              toby
              Midshipman

by toby » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:16 am

None of them are metal (well, Voodoo has some metal occasionally), but Jazz Fest, Essence Fest, and Voodoo have all been cancelled. The first two were originally postponed until October (from April/May and July respectively).
              Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
              A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
            • Jotunheimr
              Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Has anyone heard from Psycho Las Vegas? Sounds like it will almost certainly be postponed or cancelled but with the state of local politics here in Nevada, it's possible they might have Vegas back up and running before then.
              2015: 6511
              2016: 7455
              2020: 3240
              2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
              cowboy71
              Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:07 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:35 pm Has anyone heard from Psycho Las Vegas? Sounds like it will almost certainly be postponed or cancelled but with the state of local politics here in Nevada, it's possible they might have Vegas back up and running before then.
              Nothing official yet.

I reckon it will go ahead. Would I attend? Not a chance!!

On a related note, this article talk on how sport venues may need to be re-engineered to accommodate social distancing, reducing capacity to around 20%. Its specifically talking sport, but the same would very much apply for music:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/more_spo ... ?ocid=News
              Upcoming Gigs:
              2025 Wishlist
            • deathmetalpat
              Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:17 pm

SABATON OPEN AIR is gone ,that is fairly much it for the European Summer festival season.Too many factors as different nations with different rules,the EU seems hopeless and probably dead as an economic organization.
              2012-14 Survivor
              2015-16 Abandoned Ship
              2017 Returned
              Tiki108
              Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 pm

I was really hoping ProgPower wouldn't be impacted, but with so much opening up way too early, I think we are screwed for that too...

2024_Wishlist:

mooyagi
                Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 06, 2020 8:59 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:07 am
                Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:35 pm Has anyone heard from Psycho Las Vegas? Sounds like it will almost certainly be postponed or cancelled but with the state of local politics here in Nevada, it's possible they might have Vegas back up and running before then.
                Nothing official yet.

I reckon it will go ahead. Would I attend? Not a chance!!
                Postponed until next year. They're trying to keep the same lineup and will post any changes soon.
                I should get around to updating my signature
                Pellaz
                Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu May 07, 2020 10:31 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 pm I was really hoping ProgPower wouldn't be impacted, but with so much opening up way too early, I think we are screwed for that too...
                Glenn has several contingency plans in mind. He's on top of this.

What can't be changed is that, IF he has to cancel OR the overseas bands have to be replaced, he'll be out a LOT of money for work-visas that PPUSA paid for. :evil:
                2025 Wishlist:
                cegr80
                Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:05 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:31 pm Glenn has several contingency plans in mind. He's on top of this.

What can't be changed is that, IF he has to cancel OR the overseas bands have to be replaced, he'll be out a LOT of money for work-visas that PPUSA paid for. :evil:
                I don't support a full US-lineup just to keep the festival afloat. At least I would certainly not be attending under those circumstances. Hell, even with the current European lineup I still wouldn't attend. I do not want to risk it.

With all the pain in my heart I'd rather him postponing PPUSA for 2021. As for the money loss, I'm positive he would come up with something to compensate the losses
                Sgt. B
                Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri May 15, 2020 12:18 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:05 pm
                Pellaz wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:31 pm Glenn has several contingency plans in mind. He's on top of this.

I don't support a full US-lineup just to keep the festival afloat. At least I would certainly not be attending under those circumstances. Hell, even with the current European lineup I still wouldn't attend. I do not want to risk it.

With all the pain in my heart I'd rather him postponing PPUSA for 2021. As for the money loss, I'm positive he would come up with something to compensate the losses
                I'd also rather he postpone it than to have an all US lineup. I am already not happy losing EToS. Not a huge Aether Realm fan, so that is a downgrade to me personally.
                1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
                2014: Survivor
                2015: Survivor
                2016: Survivor
                2017: Survivor
                2018: Survivor
                2019: Survivor
                2020: Survivor
                2023: Survivor
                2024: Survivor
                BtH(2012): Survivor
                Tiki108
                Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:27 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:18 pm
                cegr80 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:05 pm

I'd also rather he postpone it than to have an all US lineup. I am already not happy losing EToS. Not a huge Aether Realm fan, so that is a downgrade to me personally.
                Yeah losing EToS is a major blow. I'm confident he could start a crowd funding and get a lot of support if it came to that. If he ever opens another spot to support a band, I'd happily throw some money to get a VIP spot to go with my gold badge or however that works. Last I checked there were no spots, but maybe with this that'll change.

2024_Wishlist:

Pellaz
                  Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon May 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:18 pm I'd also rather he postpone it than to have an all US lineup. I am already not happy losing EToS. Not a huge Aether Realm fan, so that is a downgrade to me personally.
                  Me also...and I DO like Aether Realm.
                  Tiki108 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:27 pm Yeah losing EToS is a major blow. I'm confident he could start a crowd funding and get a lot of support if it came to that. If he ever opens another spot to support a band, I'd happily throw some money to get a VIP spot to go with my gold badge or however that works. Last I checked there were no spots, but maybe with this that'll change.
                  Yes, that's definitely a possibility.

Glenn hasn't ruled out crowdfunding to help recoup some of the losses, if it came to that. With the reduced amount of money I'm spending on travel, etc., I'd be happy to contribute to the cause, over and above the amount I already pay as a band sponsor (for Ihsahn this year, IF it happens).
                  2025 Wishlist:
                  Tiki108
                  Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:14 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:18 pm Yes, that's definitely a possibility.

Glenn hasn't ruled out crowdfunding to help recoup some of the losses, if it came to that. With the reduced amount of money I'm spending on travel, etc., I'd be happy to contribute to the cause, over and above the amount I already pay as a band sponsor (for Ihsahn this year, IF it happens).
                  That's awesome you get to be a band sponsor. I check now and then if he is opening up any spots to sponsor cause I would love to get to sponsor a band one of these days.

2024_Wishlist:

Sgt. B
                    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Progpower pushed to 2021. 19 of 21 bands have reconfirmed.
                    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
                    2014: Survivor
                    2015: Survivor
                    2016: Survivor
                    2017: Survivor
                    2018: Survivor
                    2019: Survivor
                    2020: Survivor
                    2023: Survivor
                    2024: Survivor
                    BtH(2012): Survivor
                    Pellaz
                    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri May 22, 2020 10:14 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:14 pm
                    Pellaz wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:18 pm Yes, that's definitely a possibility.

That's awesome you get to be a band sponsor. I check now and then if he is opening up any spots to sponsor cause I would love to get to sponsor a band one of these days.
                    I got in on the ground early; I sponsored my first band (Devin Townsend) back at ProgPower USA III. It was his first-ever solo performance. I've sponsored a band every year since.

And sure, there's a good chance some sponsor slots (and Gold Badges) might open up for 2021.
                    Sgt. B wrote: Progpower pushed to 2021. 19 of 21 bands have reconfirmed.
                    Glenn was out $14,000 in costs for the work-visas he procured for the overseas bands, and started a GoFundMe to recoup the costs.
                    It reached the goal in just two hours...and last I checked had grown to over $20,000.
                    THAT is the sort of support you get when you're open, honest and above-board about your festival and how you run it.

...just sayin'....
                    2025 Wishlist:
                    Tiki108
                    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:16 am

The fact anyone gives Glenn shit just blows my mind. He's so nice, open and honest. We threw $100 his way and in the gold badge email I told him that if a sponsor spot does ever open up, we would love to sponsor a band. I mean, I was willing before, but now that all my travel plans are gone and I'm getting a ton of OT, I'm extra willing.

2024_Wishlist:

cegr80
                      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Glenn Harveston is hands down a class-act guy. Every other festival promoter (nudge nudge, wink wink) should learn from Glenn's transparent practices.

PPUSA being postponed was inevitable, it was only a matter of time.

I also threw in $100 to the GoFundMe campaing, as I feel Glenn totally deserves that financial aid.

I actually sent a private message to EToS' Facebook page and they replied! They said it is too soon to tell, but the band would expect to be contacted again to discuss their potential return to the lineup. That would make me so happy.

With PPUSA moved to 2021, I can officially say: FUCK YOU COVID-19 AND FUCK YOU 2020!
                      Memnoch
                      Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:22 am

It seems (one of) the first festivals this summer is Kotka Open Air in July. We should have a 500 attendant rule in place then, so it's not going to be a huge event. Friday's headliner is Barathrum and Saturday's Kalidia. I'm not holding my breathe over Kalidia being able to attend though seeing how they're an Italian band. But, I'm keeping my eye on the festival. It's only a bit over an hour away from Helsinki.
                      Wishlist:
                      GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
                    Post Reply 48 posts