Post Reply 48 posts
Coronavirus impacting festivals?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Coronavirus impacting festivals?

by Pellaz » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:33 pm

cegr80 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:03 pm Glenn Harveston is hands down a class-act guy. Every other festival promoter (nudge nudge, wink wink) should learn from Glenn's transparent practices.

PPUSA being postponed was inevitable, it was only a matter of time.

I also threw in $100 to the GoFundMe campaing, as I feel Glenn totally deserves that financial aid.

I actually sent a private message to EToS' Facebook page and they replied! They said it is too soon to tell, but the band would expect to be contacted again to discuss their potential return to the lineup. That would make me so happy.
    Glenn posted that all but one band has re-confirmed for 2021; apparently Night Flight Orchestra is the only one missing and he will try to get them for 2022. I'm happy since it means that Ihsahn will still be performing. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:13 am

Memnoch wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:22 am It seems (one of) the first festivals this summer is Kotka Open Air in July. We should have a 500 attendant rule in place then, so it's not going to be a huge event. Friday's headliner is Barathrum and Saturday's Kalidia. I'm not holding my breathe over Kalidia being able to attend though seeing how they're an Italian band. But, I'm keeping my eye on the festival. It's only a bit over an hour away from Helsinki.
    ...aaand Kalidia cancelled their appearance at the festival. Of course.

Well, at least our borders are open again, so I can go to Estonia, Denmark, Norway and Sweden to spend time with my friends this summer.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:56 pm

Memnoch wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:13 am
    Memnoch wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:22 am It seems (one of) the first festivals this summer is Kotka Open Air in July. We should have a 500 attendant rule in place then, so it's not going to be a huge event. Friday's headliner is Barathrum and Saturday's Kalidia. I'm not holding my breathe over Kalidia being able to attend though seeing how they're an Italian band. But, I'm keeping my eye on the festival. It's only a bit over an hour away from Helsinki.
    ...aaand Kalidia cancelled their appearance at the festival. Of course.

Well, at least our borders are open again, so I can go to Estonia, Denmark, Norway and Sweden to spend time with my friends this summer.
    I was so excited cause we were supposed to go to Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Russia in August on a cruise, but that's officially cancelled. I think it'll be awhile before they'll want us folks from the US to travel anywhere... :cry:
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      Memnoch
      Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:35 am

Tiki108 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:56 pmI was so excited cause we were supposed to go to Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Russia in August on a cruise, but that's officially cancelled. I think it'll be awhile before they'll want us folks from the US to travel anywhere... :cry:
      Yeah, it does look like Americans will be banned from most of the world for quite some time.

And Kill Town Death Fest was also rescheduled for 2021. :cry:
      Wishlist:
      GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
      Jaimie38
      Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:47 pm

Just booked 2021 RockFest Barcelona... First European Metal Fest.
      Smaller fest, in a park in a suburb, 40 min walk from hotel, heard good things aboot the Fest from BodomDragon and Simon from Deck 7.

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
      9 Time Vet.
      Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
      DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
      TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
      Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:30 pm

Jaimie38 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:47 pm Just booked 2021 RockFest Barcelona... First European Metal Fest.
      Smaller fest, in a park in a suburb, 40 min walk from hotel, heard good things aboot the Fest from BodomDragon and Simon from Deck 7.

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
      We looked into going to this fest a couple years back, but we just had too many other things planned that year. Now I'm kind of stuck for 2021 because my tickets for Graspop are rolled over to 2021, which is fine if the line up is still just as good. I'm bummed that Maiden already knows they won't be there though, but I guess we'll wait and see. The Star Trek Cruise has been pushed back to 2022 so no PTO needed for that, but I don't want to book anything until I know more.

2024_Wishlist:

Pellaz
        Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:09 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:33 pm
        cegr80 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:03 pm Glenn Harveston is hands down a class-act guy. Every other festival promoter (nudge nudge, wink wink) should learn from Glenn's transparent practices.

I also threw in $100 to the GoFundMe campaing, as I feel Glenn totally deserves that financial aid.

I actually sent a private message to EToS' Facebook page and they replied! They said it is too soon to tell, but the band would expect to be contacted again to discuss their potential return to the lineup. That would make me so happy.
        Glenn posted that all but one band has re-confirmed for 2021; apparently Night Flight Orchestra is the only one missing and he will try to get them for 2022. I'm happy since it means that Ihsahn will still be performing. :headbanger:
        Kinda late on this news, but I'm really happy that Green Carnation is returning and taking NFO's place. I don't know if they'll perform "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" again in its entirety but it would be awesome. In my long association with PPUSA that was one of the most magical memories I've got. :beerbang:
        2025 Wishlist:
        1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
        2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
        2025: most likely
        Tiki108
        Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:00 am

Pellaz wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:09 am
        Pellaz wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:33 pm

Kinda late on this news, but I'm really happy that Green Carnation is returning and taking NFO's place. I don't know if they'll perform "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" again in its entirety but it would be awesome. In my long association with PPUSA that was one of the most magical memories I've got. :beerbang:

That's definitely one of my top shows of all time.

2024_Wishlist: