Post Reply 246 posts
Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:48 pm

mbob wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:00 am
    This is just Andy being Andy.
    NAILED. IT. :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Was just cleaning up my microsoft outlook calendar. Saw I had "tentative leave" scheduled for January for 70k 2021. Just cancelled it.

*sad reacts only*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:37 am

So sad, man.... I thought we would be over this pandemic shit by the end of 2020 but no dice...

28 Days To Sail :cry:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:12 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:37 am So sad, man.... I thought we would be over this pandemic shit by the end of 2020 but no dice...

28 Days To Sail :cry:
    Hoping you and your family are all well . I notice Texas is the second worst state with the pandemic , it is not any better in my state of Florida that is the third worst state in the USA !
    taraimaro
    Oiler

by taraimaro » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:05 pm

Yeah it sucks not to have any info even though it's less than a month until the supposed 2021 cruise. As someone who has studied and worked in the media field this is very annoying. Even some short message of acknowledgement at some point would've been good. But yeah, Andy just being Andy.
    I understand that they have to wait until a certain point or to wait for the cruise line to cancel before announcing due to insurance things and possible artist agreements. That was the same with most Finnish festivals last summer because they had to wait until the government officially banned all events. But still, it's been pretty clear for a long time that we won't sail for 70K in January 2021, maybe in best case sometime in later 2021 if there will be a 2021 cruise and not just postponing it to January/February 2022.

Also interesting point is the question of the cruise line and/or ship. There was no announcement made that we would have again sailed on Indy in January 2021 even though the ship is in the background photo. If you assume that there won't be a 2021 cruise then next one is 2022. If you look at RCC's cruises on sale at the moment for the next year aka January to February 2022, you'll see that Indy will sail from Orlando (Port Canaveral) and Freedom, Oasis and Symphony from Miami & Allure and Odyssey from Port Everglades. (I didn't count the RCC ships that are smaller than Indy) So if the cruise continues to be on RCC's ships and from Miami/Port Everglades, we likely won't sail on Indy again. Of course it's possible that RCC will still relocate ships to different ports, but who knows... I'm just hoping that there will be a 70K cruise in 2022 and that I'll be able to attend. :headbanger: :D
    2017 - survivor
    2018 - survivor
    2019 - survivor
    2020 - survivor
    2023 - survivor
    2024 - survivor
    2025 - I wanna go already!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:10 am

slayergeek wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:27 am
    Jaimie38 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:00 am In all seriousness.... I actually wonder if UMC is not tits-up. A year with no revenue of any kind, and RC canceling cruises until spring.

I hope not, of course.. but ....
    They just paid someone to stand back up the website, probably as part of some behind the scene upgrade (speculation on my part, but it would not surprise me). Also they are still paying the social media team. I fear for that possibility that they might go under as well, but I would think, for right now at least, sign point towards no.

If the web site was still DOA or the social media team had gone silent, I would be more inclined to agree.

Given the current evidence, I would suspect that UMC is alive and well and practicing thier normal brand of 'don't say shit until we have EVERYTHING squared away and fuck'em if they bitch' style of communication.

In other works

Situation
    Normal,
    All
    Fucked
    Up
    Well Ron if they updated the website, would it be too much to ask for the 2020 Aftermovie???? HaHa.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:55 am

Jaimie38 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:10 am
    slayergeek wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:27 am
    Jaimie38 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:00 am In all seriousness.... I actually wonder if UMC is not tits-up. A year with no revenue of any kind, and RC canceling cruises until spring.

I hope not, of course.. but ....
    They just paid someone to stand back up the website, probably as part of some behind the scene upgrade (speculation on my part, but it would not surprise me). Also they are still paying the social media team. I fear for that possibility that they might go under as well, but I would think, for right now at least, sign point towards no.

If the web site was still DOA or the social media team had gone silent, I would be more inclined to agree.

Given the current evidence, I would suspect that UMC is alive and well and practicing thier normal brand of 'don't say shit until we have EVERYTHING squared away and fuck'em if they bitch' style of communication.

In other words

Situation
    Normal,
    All
    Fucked
    Up
    Well Ron if they updated the website, would it be too much to ask for the 2020 Aftermovie???? HaHa.
    Situation
    Normal,
    All
    Fucked
    Up
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:42 pm

You know, if UMC had kept their corporate legal entity in Canada, they'd be eligible for all sorts of assistance this year. I wonder how that tax shelter in the Bahamas is working out for them.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:54 am

metalforever wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:12 pmHoping you and your family are all well . I notice Texas is the second worst state with the pandemic , it is not any better in my state of Florida that is the third worst state in the USA !
    Two of my sisters tested positive and went throught it fine, without any major complications.

I work from home and barely go out for groceries with all the preventive measures. Better to be safe than sorry.
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:24 am

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:54 am
    metalforever wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:12 pmHoping you and your family are all well . I notice Texas is the second worst state with the pandemic , it is not any better in my state of Florida that is the third worst state in the USA !
    Two of my sisters tested positive and went throught it fine, without any major complications.

I work from home and barely go out for groceries with all the preventive measures. Better to be safe than sorry.
    similar situation , I have been staying at home a lot , would rather error on the side of caution . Hoping to maybe get the vaccine in February and maybe gradually ramp up some limited activities in March . EVERYONE STAY WELL AND SAFE !
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Good to see you are taking care and being safe.

Latest word is that Australia will see the first vaccines being rolled out March next year.

I suffer quite a bit from allergies so i'll be very much adopting a wait and see approach. I WILL get vaccinated, as long as the cure isn't worse than the disease so to speak!

Still clinging in vain to the hope that I'll be able to get to Sweden next year (August) for Sabaton open air :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:49 pm Still clinging in vain to the hope that I'll be able to get to Sweden next year (August) for Sabaton open air :(
    I wish I'd be there too! Hey, check this out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUCW2caH0nk
    Some good things can happen even when some things does NOT sound so good. This band has already been funded for the first album. Oh my, I want this band on cruise! Merel has been there already!

I was ready to go to Sabaton Open Air but.. Hey, maybe Tuska.. Oh shit. You know maybe go to shop without a mask.. There were some extreme people who tried to.. go to cruise. Well, that's a bad idea. Greetings to Andy and other guys I know!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:32 pm

Starting to get the no cruise blues. Usually around this time I'm ramping up for the 70K trip. Looking at flights, hotels and listening to nothing but 70K bands until cruise day. I really need a proper vacation and it just isn't going to happen for a while. When/If 70K returns, it will be an extra special event. Looking forward to it.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, this music festival event is the only one in the world where there has been ZERO communication to fans.
    Sailors are sitting around wondering WTF?
    I've seen updates from Hellfest and Roadburn to name a couple, but here, it's crickets.
    On the Farcebook page there's the 'remember when' pics which is just annoying.
    But nothing since March 13th.
    Not even a 'hey....we're working towards something else...we're with you.....hang in there'....2021 info....' nothing.
    Maybe on Jan 7th the day of sailing we'll finally get an update! :lol:
    I reckon it's pretty weak.
    Not bothering to even check in and give us all something to think about and plan 2022 or later 2021 is so wrong imo.
    I know! I know! It's the Skippers way...well, that's piss poor.

Rant over haha

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Agree with you there mate.

I think they have certainly missed a number of opportunities. I'm used to Andy's shit communication skills after 10+ years of this though :P

Would have taken some organising, but what else have him and his team been doing this past 12 months:

- organise a virtual event on the dates of the cruise. Wouldn't have even needed to be a 'full' 'festival'. A few bands that were meant to be on in January, playing a few tunes, hanging out online with fans.

- organise a stop-gap something-other-than-a-cruise, like other rock/metal cruise offerings are doing.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:02 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:22 pm Agree with you there mate.

I think they have certainly missed a number of opportunities. I'm used to Andy's shit communication skills after 10+ years of this though :P

Would have taken some organising, but what else have him and his team been doing this past 12 months:

- organise a virtual event on the dates of the cruise. Wouldn't have even needed to be a 'full' 'festival'. A few bands that were meant to be on in January, playing a few tunes, hanging out online with fans.

- organise a stop-gap something-other-than-a-cruise, like other rock/metal cruise offerings are doing.
    What are you talking about man? How about a simple, 2021 is boned....we are working on a new plan?

Virtual festival? Something stop/gap? No harm in wishing for stars I suppose, but acknowledging the reality that the cruise isn't happening is a 'pretty' low bar to to meet and UMC has failed at that in spectacular fashion.

The question at this point isn't 'Is the cruise cancelled?', it's

1) Will we get an acknowledgement of this before the supposed sail date, after the cruise date, or will this issue just be ignored...forever.

and more importantly

2) When will details of a 2022 or other follow up cruise be announced (assuming one will happen at all)

I SOOO want 70K to get on track in 2022 and am really hoping that Andy can pull it together, but with the lack of communication I am very worried about a 2022 cruise. That being said, a 2 sentence statement from Andy that could help that all go away...and he knows that and is staying silent to the point of ridiculousness. Nothing to do but wait and see, but common Andy...give us something here...
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Dick
    Oiler

by Dick » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:52 am

Aw shit, 10 days till the greatest party ever. I'm so excited. :shred:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:17 pm

Just one week until the cruise and not a single band announcement.Andy is going to have a hard time beating this next year.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:06 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:17 pm Just one week until the cruise and not a single band announcement.Andy is going to have a hard time beating this next year.
    Don't challenge him like that - he'll find a way :P

Aussie dollar is up a heap against the US compared to this time last year. Cruise would have been so much more affordable. :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:06 pm
    deathmetalpat wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:17 pm Just one week until the cruise and not a single band announcement.Andy is going to have a hard time beating this next year.
    Don't challenge him like that - he'll find a way :P
    :lol: :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:27 am

Happy New Year, forum people!

Sad to think we won't be having our precious boat this week. Curious to see if Andy would make an announcement in the following days.
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:55 pm

There’s not a single thrash band on broad! Come on Andy!! Give us more thrash!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:16 pm

UNDER 24 HOURS TO GO! THE HYPE IS REAL.....ly depressing

First time since 2011 I have not been in the USA around this time of year for the cruise. It just feels....wrong

:cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:36 pm

So the header graphic on the website has changed, and the dude holding the jamaican flag has changed.

Interesting.

Still think we are a looooong way off sailing again. Vaccine needs to not only be widely deployed, but deployed wide enough and for long enough to show that it works.

I think a sailing this time next year is still not a 100% sure thing.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:36 pm So the header graphic on the website has changed, and the dude holding the jamaican flag has changed.

Interesting.

Still think we are a looooong way off sailing again. Vaccine needs to not only be widely deployed, but deployed wide enough and for long enough to show that it works.

I think a sailing this time next year is still not a 100% sure thing.
    Dallas , as always you make a lot of sense , in my state of Florida out of roughly 21 million people , approximately 400 thousand people here have received their first shot , it is a long way to go . I am anxiously waiting to get the vaccination !
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:50 pm

I don't know what you guys are bitching about. SOON just took the stage and rocked the shit out of the boat. :bmhorns:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:18 am

And No one in the Merch line!!!

:pound:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 pm

So, its now 4pm Monday 11th January 2021 in Florida yeah? So the "cruise" is "back"?

How was it for you guys? I can't remember a thing so it must have been good for me :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:58 pm

The Dead Cross reunion show with the original singer was the cat's tits!

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 pm So, its now 4pm Monday 11th January 2021 in Florida yeah? So the "cruise" is "back"?

How was it for you guys? I can't remember a thing so it must have been good for me :D
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 am

Well, now that the ship has returned to port, everyone debarked and safely returned home maybe Andy can now officially announce that the cruise is cancelled without risking to pay a cancellation penalty to RC ? :o
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY SAILORS!

It's exactly 10 months since the last post of any kind by the Skipper on this forum :lol: :D :roll:
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Andy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:48 pm At Sea and in life, unpredictable storms can arise and we have to stand our ground and wait for the high winds to pass. We did this last year and we will once again confront the winds with the loudest Heavy Metal growl imaginable. We are ready for the 10th Anniversary Voyage and together with you, our trusted Sailors, we are confident that we will guide our ship through any stormy Sea.

Sailors! Are you Ready to celebrate our Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise?

Survivors and New Sailors alike, save the date! Round 11 will take place from January 7 - 11, 2021, sailing from Miami / Fort Lauderdale to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and back.

As always, we’ll have plenty of special surprises in store for you as we sail to a Caribbean dream destination for a Headbanger’s ultimate Heavy Metal vacation.

For those of you that are new to 70000TONS OF METAL, we hope that you can join our Survivors from our International Heavy Metal Family - The United Nations of Heavy Metal At Sea!

Watch out for bands, Survivor Pre-Sale and Public Sale dates which will be announced SOON!

Stay safe, rough Seas ahead!

Your Skipper

Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:03 pm

I just read an article Royal Caribbean suspending all cruises through 4/30/21 .
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:18 pm

metalforever wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:03 pm I just read an article Royal Caribbean suspending all cruises through 4/30/21 .
    Don't know what its like overseas but these new mutant strains are causing a lot of problems here in Australia. Can understand the apprehension of cruise lines.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:37 am

I received an offer a couple days ago from Holland America about multiple Alaska cruises starting early July.
    They’re offering *free* interior cabins.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:47 pm

I notice they've changed the logo on the homepage by removing 2021 from it. They also appeared to have changed the coloration slightly.

New:

Old:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:18 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:16 pm First time since 2011 I have not been in the USA around this time of year for the cruise. It just feels....wrong
    just now as we didn't wanna cruise anymore this shit happened.
    so we decided to come back in 2022 or 2023, whenever the next cruise will happen...
    see y'all there.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:29 pm

70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:16 am

Razor Ramon wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:29 pm Image
    Back from the dead :death:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:54 am

Godflesh wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:37 am I received an offer a couple days ago from Holland America about multiple Alaska cruises starting early July.
    They’re offering *free* interior cabins.
    Holland America? You must be older than I am. The average age on their cruises is 57. :lol: :lol:
    Andy wrote: At Sea and in life, unpredictable storms can arise and we have to stand our ground and wait for the high winds to pass.
    Talk about a prophetic comment...in January 2020! :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:20 pm

Pellaz wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:54 am Holland America? You must be older than I am. The average age on their cruises is 57. :lol: :lol:
    I actually sailed on Holland in 2011, I wish somebody had told me about 70K back then...
    I picked them because they were the only cruise line that allowed bringing your own wine onbroad back then.
    I rolled in with 18 bottles of wine and champagne I had pre-ordered from a Fort Lauderdale wine shop.
    Apparently I was the first ever to attempt this because they were quite surprised... but they allowed it.
Post Reply 246 posts