Post Reply 246 posts
Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Andy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:48 pm At Sea and in life, unpredictable storms can arise and we have to stand our ground and wait for the high winds to pass. We did this last year and we will once again confront the winds with the loudest Heavy Metal growl imaginable. We are ready for the 10th Anniversary Voyage and together with you, our trusted Sailors, we are confident that we will guide our ship through any stormy Sea.

......t for bands, Survivor Pre-Sale and Public Sale dates which will be announced SOON!

Stay safe, rough Seas ahead!

Your Skipper

Would be nice to have some REAL sign of action from the 70k camp!

We are coming up on the first anniversary of the last post that the Skipper made to this forum :(

While other music cruises have been running virtual concerts, revealing plans of land-based festivals, selling merch get funds into their (and their artists') coffers, revealing details of their next sailings, we've had....

pool boys and girls, and semi-regular reminders on Facebook of what 70K USED to be like.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!

by deathmetalpat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:10 am

70k Silence might be the best way to handle everything at the moment.We are already getting the beginning of everything is canceled again for summer 2021.The worldwide lockdowns were easy to start but like any World War (this is a World War) ,but are going to be years in the undoing.Canada just stopped all USA cruises into their waters until 2022.Remember that Vancouver is Wokenstain with extreme Chinese Influence,ground zero for one side of the War.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Damn - missed the first anniversary of Andy's last post here :P

Happy anniversary!!!!

:headbanger: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:53 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:11 pm Damn - missed the first anniversary of Andy's last post here :P

Happy anniversary!!!!

:headbanger: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I guess we’re all finally over his garbage bullshit ways once and for all... don’t know if this is a good day or a sad day
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Yeah sad :(

I used to visit and post on this forum multiple times a day.

Now, I'm lucky to visit and post on the forum multiple times a MONTH.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:26 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:27 pm Yeah sad :(

Yea. Not much to talk about. We somehow all got tired of bitching about Andy’s lack of communication, not sure where things go from here until Andy says something.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:36 am

slayergeek wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:26 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:27 pm Yeah sad :(

Yea. Not much to talk about. We somehow all got tired of bitching about Andy’s lack of communication, not sure where things go from here until Andy says something.
    We give him what for and hold him accountable for being such a knob? Respect for your fan base and those that make you who you are is such a basic and simple thing to get right... and look how many fans have gone above and beyond to put on events and shit in the mean time. This is the kind of thing HE should be doing, not US. I’d be fucking embarrassed if this was me.

That being said, I also worry someone with this kind of attitude could all too easily see all the negative reactions he’s manifesting and think fuck ‘em, I won’t do anything at all then 😂 hope THAT doesn’t happen... just don’t want keep being left feeling disrespected is all
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:05 pm

All I really want to hear from Andy at this point is this

First and foremost, his commitment to keeping the 70K Cruise alive! 2022, 2023? Whatever. He has kept this web site up and the marketing posts on Facebook going...which strongly hints that this is indeed the case...but come on man..throw us a bone and spell it out for us.

Second a date on when we will sale...not as important as point number 1, but this would put a big exclamation mark on it.

Third, give us a ship and port. Something was cagey about his announcement for 2020..something was up with the 2020 cruise before the pandemic hit. We never found out what...maybe he will have to back track on whatever it was when things come back...but it would be good to have this info.

Andy will do what Andy has always done, stay silent until he decides he has something HE wants to say...but that doesn't make it right. Come on man...give us something..please.
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:04 pm

2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:14 am

Haven't even announced dates, yet has merch available on the website.

Ten fucking years in and Andy still can't do this:

https://mediterraneametalcruise.com/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:33 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:14 am Haven't even announced dates, yet has merch available on the website.

Well, there’s a lot of stuff he “can’t” do isn’t there...
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:58 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:14 amhttps://mediterraneametalcruise.com/
    Look at the competition go!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    KeepTheDogsAway
    Oiler

by KeepTheDogsAway » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:14 am Haven't even announced dates, yet has merch available on the website.

Those aren't "event" shirts, and I would wager that these products are all 'print-to-order'. So not the same as what 70k has done at all.

Selling merch before you have dates secure or bands booked is putting the cart before the horse.

Besides - selling merch online for something like 70k would take away the exclusivity... if I encounter someone wearing 70k merch, I know they have actually been on the cruise (not accounting for small percentage given as gifts, or found in second hand shops).

Good luck to mediterraneametalcruise, it cannot be easy starting up a new music cruise during this pandemic.
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:08 pm

KeepTheDogsAway wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:19 pm

Those aren't "event" shirts, and I would wager that these products are all 'print-to-order'. So not the same as what 70k has done at all.

Selling merch before you have dates secure or bands booked is putting the cart before the horse.

Besides - selling merch online for something like 70k would take away the exclusivity... if I encounter someone wearing 70k merch, I know they have actually been on the cruise (not accounting for small percentage given as gifts, or found in second hand shops).

Good luck to mediterraneametalcruise, it cannot be easy starting up a new music cruise during this pandemic.
    Maybe I’m just weird but I care more about my ability to buy a shirt than some poser buying one and not even going. If that’s REALLY gonna be the first thing you worry about when you see someone wearing the shirt, more so than your own ease with which to get the shirt in the first place, then you probably have larger issues...
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun May 02, 2021 3:33 pm

Agreed.

I've lost my original 2011 survivor shirt. Would kill to get another one. I know they sell old merch on the boat but fuck knows a) if they have any 2011 merch left (doubtful) and b) who knows when we'll even sail again!

And you know what? 70K also have plenty of merch that is not 'year specific' - beanies etc. Why not sell them online? It gets revenue coming into the business, AND it puts the merch out there for additional advertising.

As it is now, we have people creating their own 70k shirts, stickers etc BECAUSE THEY CANNOT BUY ANYTHING OFFICIAL! I'm sure if they COULD, they WOULD.

Also, for those that weren't around at the time, Andy BRIEFLY had a 'webstore' on the 70k site (utilising JSR Merchandising) at the end of 2011 - but it only stayed online for a month or two and disappeared never to be seen again.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Mon May 03, 2021 4:50 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:33 pm Agreed.

I've lost my original 2011 survivor shirt. Would kill to get another one. I know they sell old merch on the boat but fuck knows a) if they have any 2011 merch left (doubtful) and b) who knows when we'll even sail again!

And you know what? 70K also have plenty of merch that is not 'year specific' - beanies etc. Why not sell them online? It gets revenue coming into the business, AND it puts the merch out there for additional advertising.

As it is now, we have people creating their own 70k shirts, stickers etc BECAUSE THEY CANNOT BUY ANYTHING OFFICIAL! I'm sure if they COULD, they WOULD.

Also, for those that weren't around at the time, Andy BRIEFLY had a 'webstore' on the 70k site (utilising JSR Merchandising) at the end of 2011 - but it only stayed online for a month or two and disappeared never to be seen again.
    Yea I really can’t fathom the logic behind any of this. Maybe he’s just like a super super rich kid from a billionaire family? He wouldn’t need the money, so that would explain why he never seems to want to go the extra mile to make an effort for anything? I dunno, that’s about the only logical leap I can make to make everything make sense 😂
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu May 06, 2021 3:15 am

Hey look, I'm making my bimonthly appearance here since THERE IS NOTHING MUCH TO TALK ABOUT regarding 70K. And that's the unkindest cut of all. :evil:
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:33 pm Also, for those that weren't around at the time, Andy BRIEFLY had a 'webstore' on the 70k site (utilising JSR Merchandising) at the end of 2011 - but it only stayed online for a month or two and disappeared never to be seen again.
    Oh, wow, I didn't know that.

The common rumor is that 70K can't sell items "outside" because it bypasses the cruise line's "venue" cut.... It might even be true.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu May 06, 2021 8:32 am

All speculation and no news makes cegr80 a dull survivor
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu May 06, 2021 12:43 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:15 am Hey look, I'm making my bimonthly appearance here since THERE IS NOTHING MUCH TO TALK ABOUT regarding 70K. And that's the unkindest cut of all. :evil:
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:33 pm Also, for those that weren't around at the time, Andy BRIEFLY had a 'webstore' on the 70k site (utilising JSR Merchandising) at the end of 2011 - but it only stayed online for a month or two and disappeared never to be seen again.
    Oh, wow, I didn't know that.

The common rumor is that 70K can't sell items "outside" because it bypasses the cruise line's "venue" cut.... It might even be true.

Andy has given the 'official' answer in the past that he wants his merch to ONLY be available to those who went on the cruise. So basically, no posers I guess. Take that answer for what it is. The cruise line issue would likely prohibit him from distributing merchandise bought on line or via some other method and then have these items distribute on the boat without paying a cut, I don't think Royal would have much say if it all happened off of the ship. Either way, at this point in 2021 that is the least of our issues :)

Let's get a sail date Andy!
    Survivor

WishList
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:05 am

The announced the dates: it will be help march 4-7 2020 and early bird registration is now open (cheapest is 649€/person in interior quad + 5.5% fees -a far cry from what UMC charges !) and.... booze is included ! Not sure exactly what is in the "standards drink package" but they saif on their FB that alcoholic drinks were included so...

I'm definitely interested in this but I won't book without any idea what the line-up will look like and unfortunately i'm not overly optimistic as I'm afraid it will be a "german-centric" line-up just like Full Metal Cruise as the organizer is german and the first band announced should be Rage (hinted at that in latest FB post, should be revealed today) (nothing against our german brothers but FMC line-ups all felt heavily targeted towards their audience more than an international one and thus never compelled me to book...)
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:55 am

Yep Rage and Tri State Corner first two bands announced for that one.

Even March 2022 is a stretch for us Aussies. In our Federal Government's annual budget handed down yesterday, they were making budget assumptions based on Australian borders SLOWLY opening to international travel from MID 2022. So, no 70k in January 2022 for us Aussies if it were to happen (increasingly unlikely anyway, I know).

So that will be two years worth of non-70000 Tons.... How is Andy paying for staff, infrastructure, etc I wonder?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon May 17, 2021 2:25 pm

Both MORC and Shiprocked have announced dates ,line up and MORC is selling. https://loudwire.com/2022-shiprocked-cruise-lineup/
    Shiprocked leaving from Texas and MORC from Florida,UMC might be waiting for more International information but USA is done ,no (COVID)passports ,time to get busy living instead of worrying about dying.PsycoVegas Line up will be interesting because I hope Swedes have no problem getting in USA ,Watain is still supposed to play atm.Probably can harvest a lot of Swedish Bands if others have trouble getting into USA.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:25 pm Both MORC and Shiprocked have announced dates ,line up and MORC is selling. https://loudwire.com/2022-shiprocked-cruise-lineup/
    Shiprocked leaving from Texas and MORC from Florida,UMC might be waiting for more International information but USA is done ,no (COVID)passports ,time to get busy living instead of worrying about dying.PsycoVegas Line up will be interesting because I hope Swedes have no problem getting in USA ,Watain is still supposed to play atm.Probably can harvest a lot of Swedish Bands if others have trouble getting into USA.
    Yeah interesting that. Even a lot of Australians are getting jack of the lockdowns etc. My work are wanting staff returning to the office at least 3 days a week by end May (but not forcing people to do so - I don't want to return until I'm vaccinated).

And the boss of Virgin Airlines Australia has basically said fuck it, we should open borders again - people will die, but people die of the flu so whatevs.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon May 17, 2021 8:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm
    deathmetalpat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:25 pm Both MORC and Shiprocked have announced dates ,line up and MORC is selling. https://loudwire.com/2022-shiprocked-cruise-lineup/
    Yeah interesting that. Even a lot of Australians are getting jack of the lockdowns etc. My work are wanting staff returning to the office at least 3 days a week by end May (but not forcing people to do so - I don't want to return until I'm vaccinated).

And the boss of Virgin Airlines Australia has basically said fuck it, we should open borders again - people will die, but people die of the flu so whatevs.

I definitely getting a feeling that many places in the World just want to get pass this and not go full testing with Covid passports forever.I am really wondering about Wacken ,if Germany just says we can do this without anything but sanitation and common sense then that would be huge for Europe.Also PsychoVegas just stated in a Facebook story Full line-up announced on the 21st of May ,then put Emperor up as tease.If Norway to USA came happen this year as planned then 70k needs to look ahead full steam and not worry about regulations.
    It’s sad the ProgPower USA called it for the year too early ,September 2021 looks fine now especially in Georgia.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Harvester
    Wiper

by Harvester » Tue May 18, 2021 10:15 am

deathmetalpat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:19 pm It’s sad the ProgPower USA called it for the year too early ,September 2021 looks fine now especially in Georgia.

I didn't have any choice based on two primary reasons:

1. I was warned the normal visa processing time had slowed. It could have taken anywhere from 4-6 months to get one using normal procedures. Throw in the extended time at the international consuls for interviews and it would have been a huge risk. It costs me about $5,000 to expedite a visa in three weeks. Multiply that times eight. Plus, several of the bands told me they currently could not even travel inside their own border for consul interviews even if approved. That is still the case in some places.

2. Some bands indicated they would not travel to the States until they were vaccinated. Several indicated that would not happen till this summer at the earliest for them with no guarantee.

See everyone in 2022.

Glenn
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue May 18, 2021 11:17 am

Harvester wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:15 am
    deathmetalpat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:19 pm It’s sad the ProgPower USA called it for the year too early ,September 2021 looks fine now especially in Georgia.

I didn't have any choice based on two primary reasons:

1. I was warned the normal visa processing time had slowed. It could have taken anywhere from 4-6 months to get one using normal procedures. Throw in the extended time at the international consuls for interviews and it would have been a huge risk. It costs me about $5,000 to expedite a visa in three weeks. Multiply that times eight. Plus, several of the bands told me they currently could not even travel inside their own border for consul interviews even if approved. That is still the case in some places.

2. Some bands indicated they would not travel to the States until they were vaccinated. Several indicated that would not happen till this summer at the earliest for them with no guarantee.

See everyone in 2022.

Glenn
    Glad to read you around here, Glenn! This forum has been completely silent for a long, long time.

See you in June 2022, can't wait to return!

• Harvester
    Wiper

by Harvester » Tue May 18, 2021 12:00 pm

[/quote]Glad to read you around here, Glenn! This forum has been completely silent for a long, long time.

[/quote]

Thank you. I felt compelled to address that specific comment so folks understand there are a lot of things behind the scenes that come into play when making decisions around the pandemic. I'm sure Andy is running into the similar issues, only on a much larger scale. I wish him and all of you cruisers well.

Out of respect for Andy, I will abstain from further comments here.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 18, 2021 6:44 pm

I tip my hat to you good sir (at least I would, if I was wearing one).

Heavens knows when any band from down here in Australia will be all clear to head to the USA to tour or play festivals again.

Thanks for popping in here with that update!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue May 18, 2021 8:51 pm

I hope PsychoVegas isn’t just running an old loop before announcing on Friday but Satyricon,Watain and Danzing logos just today.I imagine Mgla isn’t going to be able to make it but looks like the core of 2020 i hoped for is going to be there ,Atlanta is also HQ to CNN and CDC ,so outside of the state being open,it’s the dark heart of Covid paranoia.So I understand the secular haze that descended over there.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Thu May 20, 2021 1:30 pm

Harvester wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:00 pm
    Glad to read you around here, Glenn! This forum has been completely silent for a long, long time.

[/quote]

Thank you. I felt compelled to address that specific comment so folks understand there are a lot of things behind the scenes that come into play when making decisions around the pandemic. I'm sure Andy is running into the similar issues, only on a much larger scale. I wish him and all of you cruisers well.

Out of respect for Andy, I will abstain from further comments here.
    [/quote]

Well, it’s nice to see that a festival organiser is using this space to keep customers informed, even if it’s not the one that’s supposed to be 😂
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat May 22, 2021 6:03 am

Pyscho Las Vegas announced the final lineup yesterday. It looks promising, so I'm excited to go to that one this August. Man, we need live shows back!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:08 am

cegr80 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:03 am Pyscho Las Vegas announced the final lineup yesterday. It looks promising, so I'm excited to go to that one this August. Man, we need live shows back!
    Agreed. So ooooover all this. This will be the first year since the first 70k that I've not had a break and travelled overseas.

Because lets face it, even if Andy offered some kind of cut-down 70K later in this year, there is zero chance of me being able to go due to Australia's strict travel restrictions.

I'm saving a lot of money (and redirect it to bands I love for merch, livestreams, etc so they are getting SOME income at least).

But damn I miss live shows. Damn I miss 70k :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon May 24, 2021 8:34 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:08 am
    cegr80 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:03 am Pyscho Las Vegas announced the final lineup yesterday. It looks promising, so I'm excited to go to that one this August. Man, we need live shows back!
    Agreed. So ooooover all this. This will be the first year since the first 70k that I've not had a break and travelled overseas.

Because lets face it, even if Andy offered some kind of cut-down 70K later in this year, there is zero chance of me being able to go due to Australia's strict travel restrictions.

I'm saving a lot of money (and redirect it to bands I love for merch, livestreams, etc so they are getting SOME income at least).

But damn I miss live shows. Damn I miss 70k :(
    All of the sudden a fairly large amount of festivals and shows have been announced in the USA.MORC is even doing a land event in October,probably in a few weeks there is going to be a lot of “what in the fuck did we just do” hiting a lot of people.Corona-19 is just going to be an endemic virus just like the 200 plus or so that exists now,so one of the dumbest things I saw someone bring up is “now we have a vaccine for Covid,why don’t we have one for the common cold?.Seriously the world is going to be divided into rational human beings and people who want 200 different shots and will have an anxiety attack if someone sneezes around them.I believe that this won’t fully end until early 2025 ,if you look at the patterns of history.That is the most frightening thing now ,not the virus itself but humanities reaction to it.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue May 25, 2021 6:42 pm

Hello all ,
    I managed to book a cabin for February 2022 Rock Legends Cruise on the Independence of the Seas .
    I am quite excited !
    Blue Oyster Cult , Deep Purple , Zakk Wylde among others on board leaving from Florida .
    :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:03 am

RC announced today they will start cruises from Ft.Lauderdale next month...................

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!
    Fuck I'm bored....

:givebeer:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu May 27, 2021 3:55 pm

metalforever wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:42 pm Hello all ,
    I managed to book a cabin for February 2022 Rock Legends Cruise on the Independence of the Seas .
    I am quite excited !
    Blue Oyster Cult , Deep Purple , Zakk Wylde among others on board leaving from Florida .
    :shred: :shred: :shred:
    I went to the web site and was expecting to see the covid rules they would sail under spelled out (required vaccinations, mandatory testing routines, mask wearing...whatever), and as far as I can see they have NOTHING in this area posted. Am I missing something?

I was more interesting in seeing what the rules are, as this cruise is not my thing, but still... if I was interested, I would find this troubling.

Royal has said they want everyone sailing vaccinated, is this required?
    I have seen rules being proposed for testing {x} hours before boarding...or even daily testing while on board
    I have seen rules proposed that everyone wear a mask when not eating, and things of that nature.

I am fine with all these rules, though they would make the whole thing more a pain. I might be more bothered by treating everything as normal with no precautions of any kind (we saw how well that worked at the beginning of the pandemic). Regardless of where you stand on these things, making the rules available upfront would be far better then after you paid and can't get a refund.
    Survivor

WishList
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat May 29, 2021 10:13 am

I contacted Royal Caribbean and they stated that things are a fluid and ever changing process regarding Corvid guidelines . They are putting focus in the present month and the next month . It is wait and see to give up to date guidelines as the date of events become closer .
    Any event I feel that is more than three months out, they can only speculate how things will be at that time with variants and so on and what should be required of people.
    I feel confident that Rock Legends Cruise will do things the right way , it is their 9 th cruise and it benefits charities for the Native Americans that are on reservations .
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:33 am

The Covid restrictions wouldn’t be nearly as annoying as the merchandise process.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:17 am

Remember the questions they asked you before you embarked on the boat before?There might be a question about Covid but more than likely “are you feeling well” at the very most a rapid test but I doubt anything will change.

“ Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Covid-19 but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.”
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:51 pm

One vaccine jab down, one to go in 3 weeks. Then I'll be ready to take on the world!

GIMME SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO, SKIPPER!!

:death:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 246 posts