Post Reply 246 posts
Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!

by cegr80 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:11 pm

Cruise To The Edge has released their lineup for May 2022.

Come oooon, Skipper!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:36 pm

All the Covid passport stuff in the USA was just soft power to get people to,volunteer to take the vaccine.
    But nothing will be required outside of the questionnaire, https://www.miamiherald.com/news/busine ... 09713.html
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:30 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:36 pm All the Covid passport stuff in the USA was just soft power to get people to,volunteer to take the vaccine.
    But nothing will be required outside of the questionnaire, https://www.miamiherald.com/news/busine ... 09713.html
    I am hoping all the cruise lines look deeper at the Covid crisis and make it a mandatory requirement for everyone to take the vaccinations .
    It would be not good at all to be quarantined on a ship due to sickness , when taking the vaccine may have prevented it .

I realize this is a controversial subject and I respect all points of view on this subject , I am merely speaking from a personal perspective of being in a high health risk category and received the 2 doses of the vaccine and would enjoy still going on a cruise without the extra worry of getting sick from the virus.
    To each his and her own with making decisions which is right for them though.
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:06 am

metalforever wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:30 pm
    deathmetalpat wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:36 pm All the Covid passport stuff in the USA was just soft power to get people to,volunteer to take the vaccine.
    I am hoping all the cruise lines look deeper at the Covid crisis and make it a mandatory requirement for everyone to take the vaccinations .
    It would be not good at all to be quarantined on a ship due to sickness , when taking the vaccine may have prevented it .

I realize this is a controversial subject and I respect all points of view on this subject , I am merely speaking from a personal perspective of being in a high health risk category and received the 2 doses of the vaccine and would enjoy still going on a cruise without the extra worry of getting sick from the virus.
    To each his and her own with making decisions which is right for them though.

Only one country on this world would think it’s controversial to suggest people should be vaccinated against a planet-engulfing virus 😂😂😂
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:34 am

Good news first ,USA is ahead of the game https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/crui ... lades.html
    Now the bad news ,due to the insanity of Zero Covid and Reversion to the Mean,the ROW will fight a pointless struggle for at least through this time next year.So basically in a few years every nation in the World will have a similar outcome,when you factor in other variables such as age and health of population.Probably no chance a cruise that depends on people from all over the World happening next flu season.
    Also Vaccines 😂 ,yeah let be tell you that Coronavirus mutations happen faster than other viruses solved by vaccines.But everyone who seriously studied viruses knew that in March 2020 ,also if you think this about nations caring about “your health “ ,I cannot fix that ,only time will fix that virus of the mind.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:21 pm

A rarely seen, reasonably definitive statement from the social media crew!

"Sailors, hear our words, we will carry on and we will all be back on board 70000TONS OF METAL as #soon as possible! In the meantime, let us know, who's on your #wishlist for the next cruise?"

WE WILL CARRY ON AND WE WILL ALL BE BACK ON BOARD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

This brings me joy.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:21 pm A rarely seen, reasonably definitive statement from the social media crew!

"Sailors, hear our words, we will carry on and we will all be back on board 70000TONS OF METAL as #soon as possible! In the meantime, let us know, who's on your #wishlist for the next cruise?"

This brings me joy.
    Come get us, now we’re waiting
    We won’t run and hide!!

slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:21 pm A rarely seen, reasonably definitive statement from the social media crew!

This brings me joy.
    I will take any glimmer of hope I can get, but until we hear from Andy himself, then things are much more in limbo then they should be. With cruises still in flux, I can understand the continued delays but I would appreciate hearing something. Ahh well...he will speak when he is good and ready...just like he always does...not always to his benefit.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:43 am

You guys think 2022 is still possible? Perhaps not around February as usual?
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:26 am

Geopolitical events with a cruise that was built on global participation isn’t happening,if ever again.Globalhomo is in this to win this ,they are sacrificing everything all their media propaganda from music to movies,sports etc.This is WW3 ,it going to end sometime in 2025 .Just more carrots and sticks unless the masquerade gets too hard to hold.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:27 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:43 am You guys think 2022 is still possible? Perhaps not around February as usual?
    Anything is possible, but I would think 2023 is a better bet. Who knows at this point though. I would expect the same Jan/Feb timeframe as anything outside of this offseason would raise the price by quite a bit. Who knows with Andy though. I just want confirmation that there is a plan and it is being executed. The details of plan at this stage are less important.
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:55 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:43 am You guys think 2022 is still possible? Perhaps not around February as usual?
    If I was Andy, I would consider doing it in December 2022.

- Close to usual timeframe.
    - Around the time Barge To Hell happened, so it has been done before and it is possible.
    - It would go down to history as only one year without the cruise.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:06 pm

Mr.Kito wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:55 am
    If I was Andy, I would consider doing it in December 2022.

- Close to usual timeframe.
    - Around the time Barge To Hell happened, so it has been done before and it is possible.
    - It would go down to history as only one year without the cruise.
    I do like your thinking - I would totally be down for that. Hell, give me enough time to plan and save and I'd be down for doing that and a 2023 70k in Jan/Feb 2023 :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:22 pm

slayergeek wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:27 am Anything is possible, but I would think 2023 is a better bet. Who knows at this point though. I would expect the same Jan/Feb timeframe as anything outside of this offseason would raise the price by quite a bit. Who knows with Andy though. I just want confirmation that there is a plan and it is being executed. The details of plan at this stage are less important.
    You never know. It depends a lot on how many people are going on the cruises that are going now. If they're filling up ships, then you are right. If not, that opens opportunities for cheaper rates at different times of the year. As things progress though, that will likely change rapidly.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:04 am

Heya dry sailors!

Hope you're all Ok out there in the world.

Sucks to see blip all going on here.

Psycho Las Vegas and Bloodstock, that one in Gdansk Poland and some others just happened around the globe.
    Where I am right now, it's grim, glum and grey (8 weeks into lockdown).

Let's have a distraction on here, please.

Chances of cruise happening in 2022
    Yes?
    No?

Then, we'll have a % at the end of October....or something.

Cheers
    Cardest

Survivor:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:55 pm

Cardest wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:04 am
    Yes?
    No?
    I'm saying no, it'll be 2023...that being said I would LOVE to be wrong. Kicking myself a little bit for missing Psycho Las Vegas with all the 70K alum being there, but then again with the Delta shit floating around I REALLY hope we don't see a bunch of our friend report being sick in a week (I REALLY want this prediction to be wrong...here's hoping)

I'm already booked for Brutal Assault in 22, if 70K does happen I will do both (I can't images 70k sailing in August)

Stay safe everyone and Andy...announce something, anything! A simple statement from you just affirming that 70,000 Tons will sail again soon would be something at this stage.
    Survivor

WishList
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:36 am

slayergeek wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:55 pm I'm saying no, it'll be 2023...that being said I would LOVE to be wrong. Kicking myself a little bit for missing Psycho Las Vegas with all the 70K alum being there, but then again with the Delta shit floating around I REALLY hope we don't see a bunch of our friend report being sick in a week (I REALLY want this prediction to be wrong...here's hoping)

I was interested in going to PLV at one point, but the overseas bands dropping off put the nail into THAT coffin.
    I'm already booked for Brutal Assault in 22, if 70K does happen I will do both (I can't images 70k sailing in August)

Stay safe everyone and Andy...announce something, anything! A simple statement from you just affirming that 70,000 Tons will sail again soon would be something at this stage.
    From your keyboard to Andy's ears. Just something saying "We're still here, we haven't gone belly-up yet" would be nice.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:25 am

Pellaz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:36 am From your keyboard to Andy's ears. Just something saying "We're still here, we haven't gone belly-up yet" would be nice.
    You gotta be holding your customers in some serious levels of contempt to have not even said that a year and a half ago, let alone now. I really don’t understand what this guy’s game is to not take 10 seconds out of your precious day to reassure your customers/fans/whatevers
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:50 pm

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:02 am

This forum is depressing. No news, nothing. Why do I keep coming? :cry:
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:10 am

slayergeek wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:55 pm
    Cardest wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:04 am
    Yes?
    No?
    I'm saying no, it'll be 2023...that being said I would LOVE to be wrong. Kicking myself a little bit for missing Psycho Las Vegas with all the 70K alum being there, but then again with the Delta shit floating around I REALLY hope we don't see a bunch of our friend report being sick in a week (I REALLY want this prediction to be wrong...here's hoping)

If I were the skipper, I would try to sail in December 2022, Barge To Hell already happened before and it worked. Also, it would go down in history as only 2021 not having 70K, I think it would be nice
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:24 am

I like the idea of a late 2022 cruise. As you say, it would mean that only one calendar year gets missed.

I wonder what skipper is doing in the meantime? How is the business of UMC staying (pun intended).... afloat? :P

Ah that's right, I remember now. I did some detective work a while back and found that the company "Burnaby Stellar Promotions & Marketing Inc." basically is '70k when its not being 70k'.

Maybe Andy has a stake in that and that helps pay the bills....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:56 pm

I really miss our ship and all of the great people I’ve met over the last 11 years! I’m concerned that this may never happen again in the “near future” due to the crazy events engulfing the globe. I’m hoping that I’ll see you all again and we will fight the enemies of freedom and send them back to hell where they belong. Until next time!
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:50 am

Castroh wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:56 pm I really miss our ship and all of the great people I’ve met over the last 11 years! I’m concerned that this may never happen again in the “near future” due to the crazy events engulfing the globe. I’m hoping that I’ll see you all again and we will fight the enemies of freedom and send them back to hell where they belong. Until next time!
    I hope by "enemies of freedom" you mean the virus. Anyone else you might mean is just trying there best in extraordinary times to keep people out of the morgue. There may be some room for debate about what's reasonable and what is too far, but the people putting the health restricts in place are not trying to 'restrict freedom', their goal is to restrict the spread virus and keep people from dying.

That being said, I want to get new cruise dates and get back onboard as well. I miss the cruise, I miss the cruisers, and want to see this event happen again soon!

See you guys on board in 20{whatever at this point}
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 pm

slayergeek wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:50 am
    Castroh wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:56 pm I really miss our ship and all of the great people I’ve met over the last 11 years! I’m concerned that this may never happen again in the “near future” due to the crazy events engulfing the globe. I’m hoping that I’ll see you all again and we will fight the enemies of freedom and send them back to hell where they belong. Until next time!
    I hope by "enemies of freedom" you mean the virus. Anyone else you might mean is just trying there best in extraordinary times to keep people out of the morgue. There may be some room for debate about what's reasonable and what is too far, but the people putting the health restricts in place are not trying to 'restrict freedom', their goal is to restrict the spread virus and keep people from dying.

That being said, I want to get a new cruise dates and get back onboard as well. I miss the cruise, I miss the cruisers, and want to see this event happen again soon!

Survivor

WishList
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:05 pm

slayergeek wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 pm

That being said, I want to get a new cruise dates and get back onboard as well. I miss the cruise, I miss the cruisers, and want to see this event happen again soon!

Slayer Geek very well put !
    I am tentatively still going on Independence of the Seas ship for Rock Legends cruise that departs Florida in February ,2022 , looking forward to it . Finally going to see Deep Purple they headline , I think it is 50/50 chance this cruise will happen , if not I will be refunded.
    I just received the third shot of the vaccine the booster shot that is , got my flu shot while I was at it . STAY WELL EVERYONE ! :death: :shred: :death: :shred:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:56 pm

Hey Sailors

In 2019 on October 10th, we finally had 2020 cruise news.
    I was looking at the site these last few days and pondering if we were gonna get at least a sign of life from Skip.
    Anything!

If there was to be a sail date, surely it's too late now to sail at Jan 2022?
    This leads to many other questions.
    IF we sail again - are sailors to be fully vaccinated?
    Will Royal C require that mandate?
    Florida has insane covid numbers still.
    Could the cruise set sail from a totally different port in a different state?
    Surely there are at least 3,000 sailors around the globe vaccinated out there now who could buy tickets to next cruise?

I think California state law has in place that all concert attendees are to be vaccinated. And crew/bands/staff at venues.
    Not sure about the other 49 states laws.

I cannot wait to travel abroad again. Desperate to see the world again.
    Cmon Skip!
    Show us a sign!
    Up periscope!

Land ahoy???? NO?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:12 am

Pellaz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:36 am I was interested in going to PLV at one point, but the overseas bands dropping off put the nail into THAT coffin.
    I think you missed out. PLV was amazing. Cult of Fire was worth the whole damn festival.
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:15 am

Cardest wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:56 pm Hey Sailors

In 2019 on October 10th, we finally had 2020 cruise news.
    I was looking at the site these last few days and pondering if we were gonna get at least a sign of life from Skip.
    Anything!

If there was to be a sail date, surely it's too late now to sail at Jan 2022?
    This leads to many other questions.
    IF we sail again - are sailors to be fully vaccinated?
    Will Royal C require that mandate?
    Florida has insane covid numbers still.
    Could the cruise set sail from a totally different port in a different state?
    Surely there are at least 3,000 sailors around the globe vaccinated out there now who could buy tickets to next cruise?

I think California state law has in place that all concert attendees are to be vaccinated. And crew/bands/staff at venues.
    Not sure about the other 49 states laws.

I cannot wait to travel abroad again. Desperate to see the world again.
    Cmon Skip!
    Show us a sign!
    Up periscope!

Land ahoy???? NO?
    Nah. I guess this is it for next year too. At this point I can only assume perhaps that the game is to keep quiet in the assumption that, if they tell us definitively that the cruise isn't happening, we'd all go off and jump on a different one, and maybe stay there for years to come. At least this way we hold out hope long enough that it's too late to start funding the competition.

At this point I'm kind of starting to hope that an alternative does come along and take over, as sad as it is to say, because I'm kind of fed up with being treated like this by those in charge. Even on a good year, we're still treated with a sub-par attitude. If our Glorious LeaderTM Andy does happen to read these boards (though, for obvious reasons, I'm seriously doubting that...) then I'd clearly like to be proven wrong. But once again, another year off without so much of a peep from anyone "in charge" to tell us what's what.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:08 am

Yeah I do soooo miss the early days when the skipper would come on here and actually communicate with us :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:57 am

This radio silence from Andy has to be a forum record, right?
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:57 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:57 am This radio silence from Andy has to be a forum record, right?
    World record more likely. I can’t imagine any other event organiser having the balls to be this absent 😂 Somebody get Guinness on the phone
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:51 pm

That being said, I want to get new cruise dates and get back onboard as well. I miss the cruise, I miss the cruisers, and want to see this event happen again soon!

I actually don’t mean the “virus” I mean the actual enemies of freedom. The virus is a motherfucking asshole though.
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:24 am

Castroh wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:51 pm

I actually don’t mean the “virus” I mean the actual enemies of freedom. The virus is a motherfucking asshole though.
    Is this a power metal song you’re working on, Enemies of Freedom?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:04 pm

New cruise out of Greece. August next year:

https://www.hammership.com/

Good to see Powerwolf there - means they are not opposed to the idea of playing on a ship. Would love to see them on 70k.

Would love to see ANYONE on 70k....

:-(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:38 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:04 pm New cruise out of Greece. August next year:

https://www.hammership.com/

Good to see Powerwolf there - means they are not opposed to the idea of playing on a ship. Would love to see them on 70k.

Would love to see ANYONE on 70k....

:-(
    I cringed when I saw the bands announced so far :roll:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:38 pm

Powerwolf are a bucketlist band of mine. And the timing of it is SUPER for me:

- I'll be in Europe (all things being right ie world opening up again etc) for Sabaton Open Air early August
    - I'm after another festival or gig or two to fill out my 3-ish week holiday planned
    - If I went from Sweden to Greece it would mimic my only other trip to Europe 20 years ago when I went from Sweden Rock Festival, on to Rockwave Festival in Athens

I am leaning MORE towards hitting up Summerbreeze in Germany though as there are multiple bucketlist bands for me on that lineup (Within Temptation, Brothers of Metal, Feuerschwanz)....

...but the luxury of a cruise ship, and an open bar, are very tempting.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:33 am

Guess the next Full (Return to previous cruise experience) 70k Cruise date.
    1)Open to everyone to come
    2)No restrictions for health reasons other than the previous regulatory reasons I.e. quick health check ,”are you feeling well “ etc.
    3)70k matches up,travelers in cabins without restrictions (the normal way)

February 6-10 ,2025
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:49 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:33 am Guess the next Full (Return to previous cruise experience) 70k Cruise date.
    1)Open to everyone to come
    2)No restrictions for health reasons other than the previous regulatory reasons I.e. quick health check ,”are you feeling well “ etc.
    3)70k matches up,travelers in cabins without restrictions (the normal way)

February 6-10 ,2025
    I’m going with “NEVER” but I’m clearly hoping I’m wrong.
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:38 pm

Not gonna say "Never". I think Skipper still hopes things will return otherwise he wouldn't be paying to keep the website and forum up, still posting the poolboy/girl of the month, still paying (I assume they get paid LOL) someone to keep posting to facebook etc.

And the world is (VERY) slowly returning to normality BUT we are still seeing news reports of outbreaks of covid returning when some countries try to relax restrictions.

I think 2022 is definitely a no-go, 2023 might be a 'hey we're back' but with restrictions. Reckon 2024 we'll be back to (new) normal.

2024 Jan 9 - Jan 13 for me
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 246 posts