Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1
Add an extra day?
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

Add an extra day?

by Bob » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:34 am

Somebody posted on the FB 70K 2022 group about taking naps between sets. Which got me to thinking why I really hate taking naps during the festival so I can stay up until 0500 AM to catch that can't-miss-set.

Proposal: Extend the cruise an extra day. Do away with 0100 AM - 0500 AM sets and push them to the extra day.

I'd gladly pay the extra costs for the extra day, because I'm currently missing out of much of the action. Old 61 year old body just can't take it, LOL

I usually get up around 0900 AM, stumble up to the Windjammer, get breakfast, shower, ready to go by 1100 AM for the day. Drink beer during the day and the afternoon. Then around 6:00 PM start drinking heavy, run that way up until I can't take it anymore, eat and pass out. Sometimes I try to take naps between sets, but it never works well for me. I wake up like a zombie and drag the rest of the evening. Coming back to the cabin at 0300 AM and seeing my mates still out I feel guilty that I'm such a wimp. LOL
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: Add an extra day?

by cegr80 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:11 pm

There's no rest for the wicked...

On my first boat I got shitfaced very quickly and I missed tons of bands. Learned my lesson the hard way.

Second boat I was a beast, slept only 3 hours per day. Saw plenty of bands

Third and fourth boats were great but they are starting to take a toll on me. Seems like my endurance is getting worse every year.

Regarding your proposal, I would back it up!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:03 pm

The cruise is expensive enough as is, adding another day may put it out of budget for me.

Midday naps are tough for me as well. It's quite nice in the cabin with a slow rock and absolutely no light poking through. I've missed more than my fair share of sets because a quick nap turned much longer. Just gotta hope Andy throws a bunch of crap on early and late and also try to make up sleep on port day.

Those 5AM sets are brutal to make it to but can be well worth it in the end.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:10 pm

An abundant supply of those '5 hour energy shots' helps me through the toughest patches!

But I agree - naps don't work for me either. Usually go one of two ways - I lie awake thinking of what I COULD be doing or who I COULD be seeing and not get any rest at all, or crash completely waking up 8 hours later :P

For all I complain when the lineup does not meet my exacting standards, when it DOES meet my exacting standards I tend to miss so much I would otherwise see due to scheduling conflicts or due to the need for sleep.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:45 am

cegr80 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:11 pm There's no rest for the wicked...

On my first boat I got shitfaced very quickly and I missed tons of bands. Learned my lesson the hard way.

Second boat I was a beast, slept only 3 hours per day. Saw plenty of bands

Third and fourth boats were great but they are starting to take a toll on me. Seems like my endurance is getting worse every year.

Same here. I'm not getting any younger, at 57.
    Regarding your proposal, I would back it up!
    I'd rather Andy take a small step backwards and reduce the number of bands to 50 and keep the length of the cruise the same. Have bands finish their sets at night by 3 am and don't start the next day's shows until 11 am.
    BUT...he'll NEVER do that.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:08 pm

I feel this is definitely something to consider for 2023 cruise . It might be desirable to have all activities and concerts spread out over 1 extra day .
    Hopefully this idea gains positive traction . :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:
Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1