Post Reply 1299 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2023 Megathread
    Lala
    Midshipman

Re: Round 11 Sets Sail From January 30th to February 3rd, 2023

by Lala » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:39 am

it doesn't matter where we sail to or what bands would be onbroad - we're out.
    we will miss the beachparties but that's it for us. it's been fantastic 10 years, but everything must come to an end.
    nevertheless i'm excited about the announcements....

good luck to you all and have fun......
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:52 am

https://70000tons.com/payment-schedule/

"For bookings until October 15, 2022 you may choose to:" ......

If you work backwards from that date, and allow 1 week for 'black' status to book, then 2 weeks for Gold, 2 weeks for silver....

That could indicate they hope for bookings to open early september, maybe first bands later this month?

Also interesting that they don't mention what the surcharge will be this cruise. They usually say, for example "70000TONS OF METAL® will collect USD 448.00 per Passenger for all Taxes,".....

This time it is just " 70000TONS OF METAL® will collect a fee per Passenger for all Taxes"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • progsteph
    Crewman

by progsteph » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:58 pm

hi all, well im a bit disappointed to sail for just one hour. i know its about the experience, the bands are also more important for me - but it has a bad taste i think, sailing around the corner. if it was for saving fuel, or to save money to get more expensive bands or saving us for higher pricing or whatever - but i guess its about saving money AND rising the price for US.
    2017 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2020 survivor

Wishlist: Avatarium/Blind Guardian/Behemoth/Dimmu Borgir/Dream Theater/In Flames/Lacuna Coil/Machine Head/Oceans of Slumber/Paradise Lost/Savatage/Slayer/Stratovarius/Vanden Plas/Vuur/Zeal&Ardor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:22 pm

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

Just saw this link on the 70K FAQ page. Should give everyone a good idea at where covid protocols currently stand on the ship. Vaccines required, pre-cruise test not needed. Of course it could all change by early 2023. :?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:06 pm

progsteph wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:58 pm hi all, well im a bit disappointed to sail for just one hour. i know its about the experience, the bands are also more important for me - but it has a bad taste i think, sailing around the corner. if it was for saving fuel, or to save money to get more expensive bands or saving us for higher pricing or whatever - but i guess its about saving money AND rising the price for US.
    We'll be sailing in international waters for a day and a half, then make port in Bimini, and then sail around for another day and a half before returning to Miami. It won't be "just one hour" of sailing.

We will probably sail in circles off the Florida coast, but we'll be at sea. We HAVE to be, so the bands can perform in international waters as is legally required.

The upside is that we shouldn't have as much wind on the pool-deck, so stage construction and take-down should not be an issue like it was in 2020. If the prevailing winds are strong, they can just sail "with" the wind. It'd be REALLY cool if they also do this during pool-deck shows since the strong winds can be a distraction for the bands performing.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:11 pm

I was all bummed out the ship was sailing just 'up the road' to Bahamas.
    But the way Pellaz put it and the laid back atmosphere of Bimini makes me think of Turks & Caicos - just how relaxing it all is there that now I have a better attitude towards this event.

I've never been to the Bahamas.
    I still prefer a far away destination.
    Hell....I prefer us to go on a 5 day event. Who wouldn't!?

Maybe the decision to go somewhere so laid back is a Covid thing.
    Cozumel is very crowded.
    So to Jamaica ports.

This might be a strategic thing.

Once those booking codes come thru in the email and the bands start being announced, gee....it's hard to look elsewhere!
    No matter where we sail, it's always a wonderful time.

"one hour of sailing' ha ha ha
    Sorry, had to laugh.

Oh wait!
    The dates don't work for me!
    Aghhh (teachers miss out) Term 1 starts right on that week :(

Survivor

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Hawkman
    Wiper

by Hawkman » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:32 pm

I just saw Generation Kill on their US summer tour and recommend them for 70k round 11!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:12 pm

Deck plans are up for the new ship. Only difference I can see is that there appears to be two MORE cabins on Deck 11.

OLD
    https://web.archive.org/web/20201027005 ... s/deck-11/

NEW
    https://70000tons.com/deck-plans/deck-11/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:54 am

I'm a fan of the 'cruisey cruise' to a nearby destination.

Over the years I've done organised tours on destinations, I've walked off the boat and into a bar, I've walked off the boat and got straight back on, and on more than one occasion not bothered to get off the boat at all :P

This sounds like it will either be an "into a bar" or "not bother to get off the boat at all" destination, and I am 100% okay with that.

It will DEFINITELY be good for shows on the pooldeck to be going at a lazy speed, and not going like a bat out of hell in order to get to some far off destination and back again!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:37 am

Cardest wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:11 pm
    Once those booking codes come thru in the email and the bands start being announced, gee....it's hard to look elsewhere!
    No matter where we sail, it's always a wonderful time.

70k in a nutshell! I dont think i've ever seen a better definition :deathhorns:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:27 am

For me, it's more the experience and being with my metal fam with nonstop metal that does it for me. i've never been to the bahamas, so it's a box to tick off of my list of places i've been. i'm looking forward to those codes coming in and the excitement building for the trip. :cheers:
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:52 am
    That could indicate they hope for bookings to open early september, maybe first bands later this month?

HEAVY BREATHING
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:42 am

samthemetalhead wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:49 pm wishlist for 2023:
    Ghoul, Inquisition, Vanhelga, dismember, antichrist siege machine, sanguisugabogg, 1349, haggus, jungle rot, sargiest, watain, make a change… kill yourself, nunslaughter, abbath, blitzkid, cryptic slaughter, behexen, taake, exhumed, markduk, nekrogoblikon, suicidal tendencies, municipal waste, monolord, nile, impaled nazarene, electric wizard, and monster magnet
    Wrong thread, try this:
    https://70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 96#p311196
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:29 pm

mooyagi wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:22 pm https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

Just saw this link on the 70K FAQ page. Should give everyone a good idea at where covid protocols currently stand on the ship. Vaccines required, pre-cruise test not needed. Of course it could all change by early 2023. :?
    Looks like it has changed already.

“Unvaccinated travelers can join us*
    Starting with September 5th departures, guests who are not vaccinated can sail on any cruise from the U.S. or Europe (*except itineraries that visit Canada or Bermuda).”

Andy can stop looking for vaccinated bands only now.
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:57 pm

Castroh wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:29 pm Andy can stop looking for vaccinated bands only now.
    Well, there could also be travel restrictions and such from bands' home countries, etc.

Here's hoping any effects are minimal. I'm ready for this.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:14 am

As far as I know Vaccination is still required to enter the U.S., right? It is thus not only a question of getting on the boat, but also about entering the country.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:14 am

It looks like we will have improved internet connectivity on board Freedom Of The Sea when we sail!

https://www.teslarati.com/royal-caribbe ... -starlink/

Our ship was the first ship to get this!

I know not everyone cares, but for those that use the internet on the ship, faster connectivity can never be a bad thing!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:01 pm

slayergeek wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:14 am It looks like we will have improved internet connectivity on board Freedom Of The Sea when we sail!

https://www.teslarati.com/royal-caribbe ... -starlink/

Our ship was the first ship to get this!

I know not everyone cares, but for those that use the internet on the ship, faster connectivity can never be a bad thing!
    I don't need Elon Musk to see my browsing history. :shock: But depending on cost this could be helpful, especially when it comes to running order updates.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:04 pm

Castroh wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:29 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:22 pm https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

Looks like it has changed already.

“Unvaccinated travelers can join us*
    Starting with September 5th departures, guests who are not vaccinated can sail on any cruise from the U.S. or Europe (*except itineraries that visit Canada or Bermuda).”

Andy can stop looking for vaccinated bands only now.
    I'm gonna pretend this is why we haven't had any announcements yet. Andy was waiting for the cruise to be open to everyone.
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:04 am

mooyagi wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:04 pm I'm gonna pretend this is why we haven't had any announcements yet. Andy was waiting for the cruise to be open to everyone.
    The cruise may be open to anyone but the US borders are not, at least not yet yet (just ask Novak Djokovic :o) so that may still limit some international bands...
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:40 pm

Zed3 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:04 am
    mooyagi wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:04 pm I'm gonna pretend this is why we haven't had any announcements yet. Andy was waiting for the cruise to be open to everyone.
    The cruise may be open to anyone but the US borders are not, at least not yet yet (just ask Novak Djokovic :o) so that may still limit some international bands...
    I'm honestly not sure why the US is still holding out on this. There aren't that many countries left with the requirement. Figured it would've gone once they lifted all other covid related travel restrictions domestically but here we are. Hopefully it's not causing issues for booking. It is nice not having to carry my card around everywhere. :lol:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:45 pm

Sooo ... what to do in Bimini? I'm always the explorer/adventurer guy who wants to go around the islands
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:35 pm

cegr80 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:45 pm Sooo ... what to do in Bimini? I'm always the explorer/adventurer guy who wants to go around the islands
    Tiny island, not a whole lot to do. Regarded as the "Sports Fishing Capital of the World" though.

Here are the RC Excursions for Bimini:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacrui ... onCode=BIM
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:35 pmTiny island, not a whole lot to do. Regarded as the "Sports Fishing Capital of the World" though
    It does look small, which is great to explore. I already found a place I want to visit: Blue Lagoon Beach, it is on the north/northeast side of North Bimini and it looks like paradise. Apparently you can only access to it by walking, there is a private resort now in the way
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Mudslides
    Oiler

by Mudslides » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:27 pm

MORC 2023 just updated their Covid-policy. Same should apply for us and should make some more bands available too.

GREAT NEWS!!

Guests who are not vaccinated can now sail on
    the MONSTERS OF ROCK CRUISE!

Current Testing & Vaccination Policy

Guests who are not vaccinated CAN SAIL!

Vaccinated guests won’t have to take a pre-cruise test for the Monsters of Rock Cruise.

Unvaccinated guests ages 5 and up will need to test within 3 days before boarding on the Monsters of Rock Cruise.

Royal Caribbean will be accepting results from self-administered home tests. See full testing details.

Please understand this is the most current vaccination policy for the Monsters of Rock Cruise. As always, we urge you to purchase cancellation insurance and particularly recommend examining the “Cancel for any reason” policies. Please remember to do your homework and pick the policy that is best for you. For more information on Cancellation Insurance, click HERE.
    Upcoming gigs
    MonoInc (Gelsenkirchen/Sept) PowerMetalQuestFest (Birmingham/Sept), WillieNelson (Tampa/Oct), Deathstars (Karlstad/Dec), EpicFest (Roskilde/January), 70000TonsOfMetal (Miami/January), MonstersOfRockCruise (Miami/March)
    2024 Wishlist
    AirRaid-/-AllForMetal-/-AmonAmarth-/-Astralion-/-BattleBeast-/-BurningPoint-/-CryonicTemple-/-CrystalViper-/-Dampf-/-Desdemona-/-DevilsGun-/-Drakkar-/-Dreamtale-/-Eclipse-/-Fellowship-/-Freternia-/-FrozenLand-/-Galderia-/-GammaRay-/-GhostShipOctavius-/-HammerFall-/-HammerKing-/-HeavensGate-/-HeavyLoad-/-Helloween-/-IronFire-/-Ironflame-/-JoanJett-/-Kissin'Dynamite-/-Krokus-/-Kvaen-/-Ludor-/-Majestica-/-Majesty-/-Manowar-/-MariusDanielsen-/-MeanStreak-/-Metalite-/-MonoInc-/-MägoDeOz-/-PatBenatar-/-Powerwolf-/-Pyogenesis-/-Rexoria-/-RiotV-/-RunningWild-/-SacredOutcry-/-Saxon-/-Screamer-/-Shadowquest-/-SilentKnight-/-Stormburner-/-Stormhammer-/-Stormwarrior-/-Stormwitch-/-Taberah-/-TheLightbringerOfSweden-/-TheStoryteller-/-TokyoBlade-/-Venator-/-Victorious-/-VirginSteele-/-Visigoth-/-WASP-/-WhiteSkull-/-Wolfpakk
  • hayabusadante
    Oiler

by hayabusadante » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:13 pm

So this 70,000Tons will be my and my wife's 3rd voyage. It will be my 6 year old daughter's 1st voyage (and her first time on a plane and out of the USA!) I already bought plane tickets....hotel accommodations....I JUST NEED TICKETS FOR THE BOAT!!!! ***Side note...humbly...my only wishlist band is Draconian (I doubt they will ever come to the States) COME ON ANDY!!! SELL ME TICKETS!!!
  • Kvltraven
    Oiler

by Kvltraven » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:13 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:52 am https://70000tons.com/payment-schedule/

"For bookings until October 15, 2022 you may choose to:" ......

If you work backwards from that date, and allow 1 week for 'black' status to book, then 2 weeks for Gold, 2 weeks for silver....

Also interesting that they don't mention what the surcharge will be this cruise. They usually say, for example "70000TONS OF METAL® will collect USD 448.00 per Passenger for all Taxes,".....

This time it is just " 70000TONS OF METAL® will collect a fee per Passenger for all Taxes"
    Longtime lurker, first time poster here. This above is what I had come to realize what will most likely happen. Time will tell.

I had tickets for 2021, which were canceled, so I'm hoping the band list will be good. I expect a boost in ticket price due to inflation (which is for everything across the board these days). I'm hoping to get to 70k this year for sure, even if I'm two years late.
    2023 Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:31 am

Welcome lurker!! Glad you have posted here, and really hope you can make it in 2023!!

The only thing we can see with reasonable certainty is that we'll get bands and booking codes before October 15th.

I say "reasonable certainty" because, even then, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from changing that cut-off date :P

We could very well end up with a situation like 2020, where everthing happened very last minute, very rushed. Black booking codes one day, Gold the next, Silver the next, general public the next, then cut-off for the payment plan a few days later.

I however like to maintain a degree of optimism, and hope that we will find out prices and some bands within the next week or two :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:49 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:31 am Welcome lurker!! Glad you have posted here, and really hope you can make it in 2023!!

The only thing we can see with reasonable certainty is that we'll get bands and booking codes before October 15th.

I say "reasonable certainty" because, even then, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from changing that cut-off date :P

We could very well end up with a situation like 2020, where everthing happened very last minute, very rushed. Black booking codes one day, Gold the next, Silver the next, general public the next, then cut-off for the payment plan a few days later.

I however like to maintain a degree of optimism, and hope that we will find out prices and some bands within the next week or two :)
    I gave up on 2020 because of that delay... when they started announcing bands, I remember the exchange rates were hitting negative records and travelling to USA was more expensive than ever at that time

Things didn't get any better since then, but i'm earning more, so I can afford it this time.
    But Andy should think more about people travelling from outside the US to Miami, we're dealing with much more variables and being able to plan in advance is extremely important
  • Kvltraven
    Oiler

by Kvltraven » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:22 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:31 am Welcome lurker!! Glad you have posted here, and really hope you can make it in 2023!!

Thank you for the welcome. I've been checking the forums for some time now scouring for news but never got around to making an account until now since we're getting so close to band lists and ticket info.

Unlike others, I've decided that I'm going to go ahead and be one of the people who go regardless if there aren't any huge "heavy hitters' on the lineup. I had a big family vacation to Europe planned with my wife and son that I had to miss because of an unexpected surgery. They went without me and had a great time. It was no big deal for me, life happens sometimes. Ya know?

Wife said "Why don't you try to go on a trip yourself somewhere since you couldn't join us." and you wouldn't believe the shit-eating grin I made.

I said "Well honey, let me tell you about this cruise I know about...." haha ;)

So I'm cashing in my chips. I'm going to 70k this coming cruise.
    2023 Survivor
  • Kvltraven
    Oiler

by Kvltraven » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:24 am

Mr.Kito wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:49 am

I gave up on 2020 because of that delay... when they started announcing bands, I remember the exchange rates were hitting negative records and travelling to USA was more expensive than ever at that time

Things didn't get any better since then, but i'm earning more, so I can afford it this time.
    But Andy should think more about people travelling from outside the US to Miami, we're dealing with much more variables and being able to plan in advance is extremely important
    I hear ya...

I have to be fully open and honest here guys, we should be mentally prepared for the possible ticket cost increase after taxes and fuel costs are all incorporated in the ticket. Everything has increased in price, especially fuel.

I'm hoping for the best and bracing for the worst. It's not Andy's fault, it's the economy.
    2023 Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:56 pm

Yeah agreed.

I totally reckon that the attraction of Bimini as a destination is not its beaches or sports fishing.

Its the fact that it is 50 miles off the coast of Miami and the ship will have to use stuff-all fuel to get there, helping to keep the costs down as much as possible :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:02 pm

With the short distance we're traveling they could just row to Bimini.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:14 pm

mooyagi wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:02 pm With the short distance we're traveling they could just row to Bimini.
    Even Dexter went to Bimini on his Slice Of Life boat from Miami
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:07 pm

mooyagi wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:02 pm With the short distance we're traveling they could just row to Bimini.
    I am absolutely NOT paying if I have to row the damn boat. :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:47 pm

The German Full Metal Cruise (scheduled Sept 2023) that went on sale this week sold out within hours.

So they are going to do an "encore" cruise IMMEDIATELY after the first one!

Wonder how many customers 70K are going to lose to that because they have dragged their heels too long?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:39 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:47 pm The German Full Metal Cruise (scheduled Sept 2023) that went on sale this week sold out within hours.

So they are going to do an "encore" cruise IMMEDIATELY after the first one!

Wonder how many customers 70K are going to lose to that because they have dragged their heels too long?
    I almost booked it...

They WILL loose customers...
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:17 pm

Maybe not the right thread, but throwing it here just in case. Does 70K have a link to purchase prior cruises' merch? I know they do on-board, but just wondering if there is an online option available.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:21 pm

Has anybody else recently started logging in to the forums every day to see if there's an announcement?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:30 pm

Madkill wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:17 pm Maybe not the right thread, but throwing it here just in case. Does 70K have a link to purchase prior cruises' merch? I know they do on-board, but just wondering if there is an online option available.
    Sadly, no :(

At one point (I think it was after the 1st or 2nd cruise?) they VERY BRIEFLY had an online store, but for unknown reasons it disappeared never to be seen again.

EDIT: It was December 2011 it "opened" but only for maybe a month or two:

https://70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... tent133996
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 1299 posts