Post Reply 1299 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2023 Megathread
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Round 11 Sets Sail From January 30th to February 3rd, 2023

by Castroh » Fri May 20, 2022 4:23 pm

mooyagi wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:19 pm
    Castroh wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm I can’t wait to finally get my 10th sailing under my belt!

Any idea if a Monkeypox and Covid vaccination card will be required to get on the ship?
    They give you a punch card. Catch Covid, Monkeypox and another of your choosing (my vote is for Bird Flu) before getting on the ship. 3 punches gives you a free Sorrentos. :P
    What a deal! I’m gonna catch all of them at least three times, and get as many shots at possible. See you onbroad!
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:05 pm

Castroh wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm I can’t wait to finally get my 10th sailing under my belt!

Any idea if a Monkeypox and Covid vaccination card will be required to get on the ship?
    A similar question was asked on Facebook.

The answer they gave was:

"We will need to follow Cruise Line regulations, info about which ship and which Cruise Line we are sailing on will be released in the near future."
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    taraimaro
    Oiler

by taraimaro » Sun May 22, 2022 6:00 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:05 pm

A similar question was asked on Facebook.

The answer they gave was:

"We will need to follow Cruise Line regulations, info about which ship and which Cruise Line we are sailing on will be released in the near future."
    I'll just comment the same thing I said in the Facebook group: nobody knows now what the covid-related travel regulations and vaccination cards will be in January 2023 because it's over eight months from now. The US announced late September 2021 so about 8 months ago that vaccinated travellers from certain countries including the EU are allow into the US from November 9th, 2021. Several EU countries have changed the rules regarding vax card validity this spring. The card is valid 270 days after two jabs but so far they haven't made any decisions regarding the validity of the EU vaccination card after receiving a booster jab. So what could count as "fully vaccinated" in January, I don't know.

For example Estonia at some point required that masks need to be used indoor in public areas on ships sailing under the Estonian flag but the ships of same cruise lines sailing under Swedish or Finnish flag did not have such requirement. Then in April when the covid19 situation was already much better, the mask mandate ended. Rules can change on a short notice, starting immediately or only a few days after the announcement.

So it's really difficult so say right now what the entry rules into the US are in January for EU citizens, Australians, Japanese or any other foreigners. Also it's difficult to say what kind of mask and vaccine rules specific cruise lines will have in January. Probably at least a lot of WASHY WASHY before eating :D :D
    2017 - survivor
    2018 - survivor
    2019 - survivor
    2020 - survivor
    2023 - survivor
    2024 - survivor
    2025 - I wanna go already!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun May 22, 2022 5:14 pm

Yeah, it's certainly a fool's errand to try and predict what protocols will be in place over 8 months from now. Hopefully we'll be at a point where there is no more protocol in place by the end of January.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • VorAbaddon
    Wiper

by VorAbaddon » Sun May 22, 2022 5:21 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOO! FUCK! YES! Ohhhhh, this news is the best thing I've heard in 2022. :shred:
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:06 am

My wife and I looked into a cruise in February. Proof of vaccination was required at that time.

I agree with taraimaro though. There's no way to know until we get there. Who knows what the politicians are going to decree in any country.
  • valia
    Wiper

by valia » Mon May 23, 2022 3:31 am

Wish list 2023: Be'lakor, Archspire, The Zenith Passage, Allegaeon, Rotting Christ, Alustrium, Angelus Apatrida, Arsis, Astral Doors, Avulsed, Burning Witches, Clouds, Crypta, Death Angel, Decadence, DordeDuh, Exmortus, Eternal Storm, Equipoise, Evergrey, Kalmah, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Havok, Helloween, Hinayana, Hour of Penance, In Mourning, Insomnium, Into Eternity, KK's Priest, Kronos, Lion's Share, Manticora, Marianas Rest, Metsatoll, Mors Principium Est, Necrophagist, Onslaught, Origin, Persefone, Persuader, Revocation, Rhapsody, Ravager, Rings of Saturn, Russkaja, Sanctuary, Soen, Solipsist, Suicidal Angels, Testament, Them, Thyrfing, Unleash the Archers, Vexovoid, Zonaria, Zornheym.
  • ogotruz
    Wiper

by ogotruz » Mon May 23, 2022 1:10 pm

My Wishlist:
    Airbourne / Amon Amarth / Arch Enemy / Behemoth / Doro / Gotthard /Hammerfall / Kreator / Megadeth / Nightwish / Overkill / Powerwolf / Thundermother / The Pretty Reckless / The Offspring .... Slayer - please come back !!!!

R A M M S T E I N :lol:

That's it .... see you soon!
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 am

Mokoma
    Turmion kätilöt
    Verikalpa
    Lost society

2013 survivor
    2015 survivor
    2017 survivor
    2019 survivor
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • EFR25
    Wiper

by EFR25 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:45 am

Coroner
    Mastodon
    Metal Church
    Soen
    Helloween
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu May 26, 2022 1:31 am

We now have dates and a departure port....and there was MUCH rejoicing. :heavydrink:

Now I'm going to haunt the Royal Caribbean board over at CruiseCritic, because at some point Royal will cancel Freedom of the Seas' current Jan. 30th sailing, and the whining and tears will make me nod and grin. :lol: (I'd say there's a 95% chance that we'll be on the Freedom.)

Regarding COVID protocols, Royal has already confirmed that their current voluntary COVID safety protocols will remain in place through September. There is no way we can know what the future will hold.
    Although I'm fully vaxxed and boosted (for travel purposes), I'm hoping the vaccine requirement is dumped but the pre-cruise test requirement can remain in place (72-hour advance). After all, the vaccine doesn't prevent anyone from catching or transmitting it, but pre-cruise testing would at least cut down any currently active cases.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 pm

I agree with you, Pellaz. I just returned from ProgPower, and the sheer numbers of people who ended up with Covid is mindblowing. I am amazed that I came back unscathed (although I did wear a mask 98% of the time). Negative tests within 24-48 hours would be the way to go, IMO. The thought of getting sick on the cruise is unsettling for me, but I don't want to miss it and I really don't want to wear a mask all of the damn time.
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:15 am

The list of bands already are AMAZING! I can’t wait to see who’s next!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:56 pm

Bolt_Thrower wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:15 am The list of bands already are AMAZING! I can’t wait to see who’s next!!
    Pandemics come and pandemics go, but one thing will never change.

The Skipper will do what he wants, when he wants, and we will suck it up and deal with it :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:55 am

Ha!

I was kinda expecting a 200 days to sailing post.
    Well, no surprise there.

Interesting to read above in prev posts where sailors think this cruise will sail off to.
    I was looking at a map of the Caribbean and pondering this.

Can't wait to see where it's going to go this time.
    I reckon at this stage I'm about 7% chance to go on this one.

Survivor:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:06 pm

Yeah as the days tick by, and this latest covid variant spreads, the percentage chance of me going is decreasing at an alarming pace.....

If the cruise had already got some bands announced, bookings opened, etc I'd probably right now be thinking "oh well, I'm already in so...."

But without knowing ANYTHING other than sail dates? Likelihood of attendance on the decline.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:08 am

AAAAAANDYYYYYYY, COME OUT TO SAAAAY-AAY

2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Hawkman
    Wiper

by Hawkman » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:49 am

I just saw that Dark Angel is playing a couple of festivals in Europe next month. They would be a GREAT addition to 70,000 Tons Of Metal round 11.
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:08 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:06 pm Yeah as the days tick by, and this latest covid variant spreads, the percentage chance of me going is decreasing at an alarming pace....
    Sorry. I don't follow/watch/listen to MSM, so I have to ask, "There's a new variant? Is it MonkeyPox, or something newer than that? Where is it taking place?"
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:25 pm

Yippee38 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:08 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:06 pm Yeah as the days tick by, and this latest covid variant spreads, the percentage chance of me going is decreasing at an alarming pace....
    Sorry. I don't follow/watch/listen to MSM, so I have to ask, "There's a new variant? Is it MonkeyPox, or something newer than that? Where is it taking place?"
    Hey mate - there is a new subvariant of covid, BA.2.75 (being also called "Centaurus"). While not as deadly its proving to be far more transmissible and the possible time to re-infection for those that have had covid reduces from 12 weeks to 4.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:25 pm
    Hey mate - there is a new subvariant of covid, BA.2.75 (being also called "Centaurus"). While not as deadly its proving to be far more transmissible and the possible time to re-infection for those that have had covid reduces from 12 weeks to 4.
    I mean, this may just be the American in me talking but how much longer are we going to be running scared every time the virus changes? It's not ever going to fully go away and each variant at this point has shown to not be as much of a public health risk. Plus, by the time the cruise comes around Centaurus will probably be replaced by something else. Our hospitals, at least locally, appear to be out of the shit at this point and the biggest worry is a short term disruption of services if a whole office/store gets sick. Cruise ships have their protocols in place and if something gets to the point where their protocols become a major hinderance to cruise enjoyment then... I get not wanting to do it but we're basically living our lives normal at this rate. This could of course spark some larger conversation as it comes to 70K's operation, but personally we are basically back to normal at home. We take a test if someone feels off and then quarantine if needed. Easy enough.

Granted, I get if local protocols are still pretty strict or personal risk level can affect one's ability to attend, but it's just oh so hard to predict what we will see 6 months from now.

Obviously, do what makes you comfortable, I just don't want a 70K without the Statsman. :bangers:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:00 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:37 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:25 pm

I mean, this may just be the American in me talking but how much longer are we going to be running scared every time the virus changes? It's not ever going to fully go away and each variant at this point has shown to not be as much of a public health risk. Plus, by the time the cruise comes around Centaurus will probably be replaced by something else. Our hospitals, at least locally, appear to be out of the shit at this point and the biggest worry is a short term disruption of services if a whole office/store gets sick. Cruise ships have their protocols in place and if something gets to the point where their protocols become a major hinderance to cruise enjoyment then... I get not wanting to do it but we're basically living our lives normal at this rate. This could of course spark some larger conversation as it comes to 70K's operation, but personally we are basically back to normal at home. We take a test if someone feels off and then quarantine if needed. Easy enough.

Granted, I get if local protocols are still pretty strict it can affect one's ability to attend, but it's just oh so hard to predict what we will see 6 months from now.
    So my experience with recent cruising his been 'mixed', in some ways it's hopeful, and in other ways it's depressing.

So I went on a 10 days cruise up on the Pacific coast of Mexico in early May. 5 days into the 10 days cruise they did have enough healthy crew (all sick with Covid) to continue the trip and kicked everyone off who did not already have Covid. We were all given a full refund credit, plus $300 to cover the cost of flight changes. My wife and I never tested positive, so we missed getting it ourselves.

Not learning our lesson, we took a second cruise from San Francisco to Alaska in June, also 10 days. On the night of day 7 I was diagnosed with Covid and spent the last 2/12 days of the cruise quarantined in my cabin. My wife got it on day 8 (from me or whoever gave to me I assume). At the end of the cruise, everyone who got covid was herded into one room to get off the ship dead last, so I have an estimate of how many people followed protocol and got tested by the staff. So out of 2,300 passengers, there were about 100 in the exit group with us. This obviously does not count the people who self quarantined and did not report, or those that did not know or care that they had it. So lets say 4-5%. I suspect our cruise would be higher as we tend to cram together more then your average cruise.

My wife and I are vaccinated and the 1st cruise you HAD to not only be vaccinated, but also pass a covid screening at the time of boarding. The second one was more lax, but the same on paper (though these seemed easier to skirt, not that I attempted to..so I could be wrong).

At any rate. 2 cruises, both effected by covid. Both in 2022.

That being said, both of these cruises where fine the first 4 days...so maybe we could get away with a 4 days cruise and all get sick when were back at home :) I will be risking it if the cruise happens as scheduled!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:04 am

The real worry for us international travellers is - what happens if we get covid in transit? Pre-cruise? Post-cruise? etc.
    Quarantine and miss boarding, quarantine on board and miss everything, quarantine before coming home etc.

All of which would mean out of pocket literally thousands of dollars.

But - this weekend will be a good test for me. Flying to Sweden via singapore and London for Sabaton Open Air.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:04 am The real worry for us international travellers is - what happens if we get covid in transit? Pre-cruise? Post-cruise? etc.
    Quarantine and miss boarding, quarantine on board and miss everything, quarantine before coming home etc.
    Even more important to get that travel insurance.

2016, when I was marooned in Jamaica, a gall-bladder infection, the other cruisers in the hospital were telling me horror stories of people they knew in cruise hospitals in Mexico. The hospitals wanted $20,000 USD paid in cash before they were allowed to leave.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:35 am

Mediterranea Metal Cruise 2022 Updates
    Unfortunately, we have decided to postpone the cruise to a later date due to reasons beyond our control. The fuel prices are constantly increasing with Greece being one of the most expensive countries plus all other COVID related restrictions are still in place. That said, we would have to increase prices, surcharge already booked passengers, limit the number of attendees and make sure everybody has received their booster vaccine doses and has a negative rapid test in order to on board the ship. Does this sound like fun?
    We want this to be a pleasant, fun and unique experience for all us which is something that won't be possible when essential things are currently that complex. We are monitoring closely the situation and in parallel we're working on finding new dates for Mediterranea.
    WE WILL BE BACK SOON with updates so stay tuned!
    ** All tickets will remain valid for the new dates, without having to do anything else now. However, if you wish a refund now please send us your reservation code together with your request for a refund to reservations@mediterraneametalcruise.com and our team members will contact you back with further details.
    Peace, love and metal.
    Mediterranea Metal Cruise Crew
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:38 am

Bob wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:07 pm

Even more important to get that travel insurance.

2016, when I was marooned in Jamaica, a gall-bladder infection, the other cruisers in the hospital were telling me horror stories of people they knew in cruise hospitals in Mexico. The hospitals wanted $20,000 USD paid in cash before they were allowed to leave.
    My credit card has complimentary travel insurance as long as you book a certain amount of your travel costs using the card. SUPER handy, and doesn't cost any extra.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:02 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:25 pm Hey mate - there is a new subvariant of covid, BA.2.75 (being also called "Centaurus"). While not as deadly its proving to be far more transmissible and the possible time to re-infection for those that have had covid reduces from 12 weeks to 4.
    Thanks for that info. Like I said, I don't get the news from conventional sources, so I hadn't heard of this. I also haven't heard about people missing work for something like this. <shrugs>

We'll see how things play out with the cruise lines in the coming months I guess. I definitely understand your concerns. My wife's company sent her to Germany a couple of months ago for a week long team building event. One of her co-workers started feeling sick on the way over. Of course, he tested positive, and ended up sitting out the week, bored out of his mind, in a hotel room. That would suck if one traveled for the cruise, then couldn't go.
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:08 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:38 am ...
    My credit card has complimentary travel insurance as long as you book a certain amount of your travel costs using the card. SUPER handy, and doesn't cost any extra.
    Oh, that's nice Dallas. I usually pay about $100 USD for my travel insurance.

The hospital in Jamaica made me sign a promissory note with Royal Caribbean for $10K USD before they would provide me service. I think my bill after normal medical insurance (not travel insurance) paid was about $5K USD. RC sent me a bill about 2 years later. Still, a horror story I never want to repeat, why when I travel abroad I always get insurance. Imagine the costs of being emergency airlifted from Labadee, Haiti. LOL

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
  • BoltThrower
    Oiler

by BoltThrower » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:12 am

Getting a bit skeptical that this thing is going to happen.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:15 am

BoltThrower wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:12 am Getting a bit skeptical that this thing is going to happen.
    Same. Though I also understand if Andy is waiting as long as possible before announcing anything, hoping for better times.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:39 am

I'm sitting in my little cabin that has been my home for the week while attending Sabaton Open Air in Falun, Sweden and I'm SO glad I took the plunge and attended!

For me the creature comforts of this festival are the most '70k-like' of a festival I've been to. Plenty of seating, plenty of covered areas, areas in front of the stages are fully paved so no tromping around in mud if it rains (and the only negative is it HAS rained a tiny bit).

Great range of food and alcohol, can drink in front of the stages - no 'fenced off' alcohol zone (only a fenced off smoking zone - ALSO a good thing!).

This is DEFINITELY gonna rival 70k for my 'overseas festival' fix in future years! Whereas 70k is not ALL about the lineup for me, this one it probably would be though. I'd need to have a few big bucketlist bands on the lineup (this year I've had MULTIPLE - Burning Witches, Metalite, Beyond The Black, Nestor, etc etc).

But yeah, Andy is REALLY gonna have to tick a few bands off my bucketlist in the first announcements to get me to insta-book 70K 2023 now.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:28 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:39 am ... Plenty of seating, plenty of covered areas, areas in front of the stages are fully paved so no tromping around in mud if it rains (and the only negative is it HAS rained a tiny bit).

Great range of food and alcohol, can drink in front of the stages - no 'fenced off' alcohol zone (only a fenced off smoking zone - ALSO a good thing!).
    70K has spoiled me for open-air festivals. Just finished watching the Netflix documentary on the Woodstock 99 fiasco disaster. What a nightmare of a festival. https://youtu.be/Tm5uUzbUwR4

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
  • Mudslides
    Oiler

by Mudslides » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:44 pm

So boat and destination! Small steps…

I hope the destination is also a clue to a band announcement :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDNqLD4KrEA
    Upcoming gigs
    MonoInc (Gelsenkirchen/Sept) PowerMetalQuestFest (Birmingham/Sept), WillieNelson (Tampa/Oct), Deathstars (Karlstad/Dec), EpicFest (Roskilde/January), 70000TonsOfMetal (Miami/January), MonstersOfRockCruise (Miami/March)
    2024 Wishlist
    AirRaid-/-AllForMetal-/-AmonAmarth-/-Astralion-/-BattleBeast-/-BurningPoint-/-CryonicTemple-/-CrystalViper-/-Dampf-/-Desdemona-/-DevilsGun-/-Drakkar-/-Dreamtale-/-Eclipse-/-Fellowship-/-Freternia-/-FrozenLand-/-Galderia-/-GammaRay-/-GhostShipOctavius-/-HammerFall-/-HammerKing-/-HeavensGate-/-HeavyLoad-/-Helloween-/-IronFire-/-Ironflame-/-JoanJett-/-Kissin'Dynamite-/-Krokus-/-Kvaen-/-Ludor-/-Majestica-/-Majesty-/-Manowar-/-MariusDanielsen-/-MeanStreak-/-Metalite-/-MonoInc-/-MägoDeOz-/-PatBenatar-/-Powerwolf-/-Pyogenesis-/-Rexoria-/-RiotV-/-RunningWild-/-SacredOutcry-/-Saxon-/-Screamer-/-Shadowquest-/-SilentKnight-/-Stormburner-/-Stormhammer-/-Stormwarrior-/-Stormwitch-/-Taberah-/-TheLightbringerOfSweden-/-TheStoryteller-/-TokyoBlade-/-Venator-/-Victorious-/-VirginSteele-/-Visigoth-/-WASP-/-WhiteSkull-/-Wolfpakk
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:19 pm

Of all the places we could sail to in the Caribbean and uh....this is it?
    I guess the ship will just aimlessly float at sea until day 3 when it's island day.

Like Dallas, I've also taken the plunge and decided to ditch the cruise and head off to the Pacific Northwest this October instead.
    I don't find sailing to the Bahamas all that exciting, for the costs we pay.
    The adventure and the day on land is all part of the package for me. Not just the bands.
    Heaps of sailors will not give a damn and just wanna party hard, see bands and hog the hot tub all day.
    For me, it's the whole package.The voyage, the new destinations.
    Nothing against Bahamas but it's so close to Miami.....c'mon!

Survivor:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:30 pm

So the new ship got an Independence like refresh during the initial Covid shutdown. Looks almost the same, although the skypad and climby thingy on the top are gone, no escape room and the pool deck looks a bit different. https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021 ... f-the-seas

So the giant poles are gone but looks like we still have some obstructions to worry about. Hopefully these ones are removable.

Willing to give the new port a chance since at least it isn't Nassau. :lol: I'm one of the ones where the destination doesn't matter all too much but a nice relaxing beach bar wouldn't be a bad thing.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:08 pm

Cardest wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:19 pm Of all the places we could sail to in the Caribbean and uh....this is it?
    I guess the ship will just aimlessly float at sea until day 3 when it's island day.

Like Dallas, I've also taken the plunge and decided to ditch the cruise and head off to the Pacific Northwest this October instead.
    I don't find sailing to the Bahamas all that exciting, for the costs we pay.
    The adventure and the day on land is all part of the package for me. Not just the bands.
    Heaps of sailors will not give a damn and just wanna party hard, see bands and hog the hot tub all day.
    For me, it's the whole package.The voyage, the new destinations.
    Nothing against Bahamas but it's so close to Miami.....c'mon!

Survivor:
    I do think people are making way too big of a deal about this. Here is the 70K experience:

-board in Florida
    -spend 1.5 days at sea listening to metal bands and drinking alcohol
    -shore day at an island in the Caribbean Sea
    -spend 1.5 days at sea listening to metal bands and drinking alcohol

Nothing about that experience will change, except possibly the speed the boat is traveling and how much fuel we all have to pay for.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Slayer13
    Oiler

by Slayer13 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:08 pm

mooyagi wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:19 pm

They give you a punch card. Catch Covid, Monkeypox and another of your choosing (my vote is for Bird Flu) before getting on the ship. 3 punches gives you a free Sorrentos. :P
    Then after eating at Sorrentos, you'll have diarrhea as well.
    70K 2014 - Survivor - Deck 4
    70K 2015 - Survivor - Deck 8
    70K 2016 - Survivor - Deck 7
    70K 2018 - Survivor - Deck 8

Wishlist for 2019 (work in progress): Abbath, Arkona, Avantasia, Brainstorm, Flotsam & Jetsam, Savatage, Voyager.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:02 pm

Covid-19 and monkey pox are very serious diseases , and sometimes deadly . I lost a friend from Covid - 19 and another friend from monkey pox . They are not yet included in the official death counts that will continue to rise.
  • BoltThrower
    Oiler

by BoltThrower » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:23 am

It looks like we’ve got a boat! I don’t care about a destination unless we would park there for a few days. I’d rather save all that fuel and never leave the dock. I know about the whole international thing to skirt US laws. Whatever. As long as the bands aren’t total crap and I don’t get diseased, I’m going to be happy getting back onbroad after these terrible 3 years.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:27 am

I'm a little shocked the Skipper hasn't even posted the ship and port news here. :shock:

I was hoping for CocoCay but I'm okay with Bimini. At least it's not Freeport. Haven't been there yet, so it'll be a new port.

The short distance (!) should mean that UMC will not have to pay $20,000 again in fuel surcharges to sail with the wind in order to get the pool-deck stage built. If they time it right, they can sail with the wind during pool-deck shows to reduce the amount of wind on the deck and then sail against the wind overnight.
    And yes, we will probably be sailing in circles. Cruise ship trackers will have some fun with THAT. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 1299 posts