Post Reply 9 posts Page 1 of 1
Are Russia/Ukraine bands off the list now?
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

Are Russia/Ukraine bands off the list now?

by Bob » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:40 pm

I have several bands from Russia and Ukraine that I absolutely adore and love, Arkona, Grai, Russkaja, IGNEA, and Jinjer. There shouldn't be any condemnation of the bands. Any of that needs to go directly to Putin and not the Russian people or our Russian metal brothers and sisters.

But we should be realistic about how this is going to affect tours for bands from the region for some time now. It's going to be hard for Russian bands to get visas to go anywhere. And the Ukrainian bands are hunkering down in their homes at the moment, wondering if they will even survive this. It just breaks my heart watching all this unfold.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Are Russia/Ukraine bands off the list now?

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:57 pm

Yeah love those bands you list.

Imperial Age from Russia another band that unfortunately are under this cloud.

I feel for all the innocents caught up in this whole horrible mess :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:29 am

Tyr are meant to be touring Australia later in the year with Arkona too, so that could be impacted :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:46 pm

Bob wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:40 pm I have several bands from Russia and Ukraine that I absolutely adore and love, Arkona, Grai, Russkaja, IGNEA, and Jinjer.
    Russkaja is actually an Austrian band so at least that shouldn't be an issue.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:22 am

Internal Cold is a DSBM band very talented , they are from Russia it would have been really cool if circumstances would have allowed them to be on the cruise :death: :shred:
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:09 am

Mark wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:46 pm ...
    I did not know this, good to know, and good for Russkaja. Russkaja make a statement on their FB page against the war, very brave I thought. Grai also, but Arkona has gone dark. I don't blame Arkona. Being in a country of a dictator, any rebuke could lead to consequences.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:15 am

Arkona posted a post from Masha on Facebook...

From Masha Scream

8 days ago I logged out of all social networks because my soul was destroyed.
    8 days ago my life was divided into "before" and "after".
    I have now been informed that the "world" community is expecting me to make a public statement about what is happening.
    I have always tried to stay away from this kind of "written outbursts", especially political ones, because I believed that true words should be spoken while looking into a person's eyes and the true personal opinion of everyone should be far from other people's eyes or ears; it should be open to close people ONLY!
    Yet you have forced me to write these worthless letters; well, so be it.
    In response to that, I now want to ask EVERYONE to give me a public opinion on how you would react to the fact that your family is being destroyed?! How even dare you demand from me or from other people or bands, who are exclusively CREATIVE (!!!) units, consisting of the same living people like me, who are shocked by this horror of what is happening at the moment, how can you keep demanding such statements without any remorse?
    Each of us has blood relatives who are experiencing this hellish apocalypse that is going on around us!! These are our families!!!
    How dare you ask us such questions now?!! When my relatives and people close to me are staying in basements; and you are sitting on warm sofas and clogging the Internet with your demands??? How can I feel about the fact that the city of my ancestors is now half in ruins, my brother can be killed defending his land, and any moment a bomb can fall on my nephew's head?! How do you all think I can relate to this???
    How can I relate to the fact that at the moment the whole world is a few steps away from the global destruction!
    How can I feel about the fact that our current regular conversations with my children are about how to hide from a nuclear bomb?!
    Now sit down and think.
    I curse everyone who started this horror on earth.

Bob wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:09 am
    Mark wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:46 pm ...
    I did not know this, good to know, and good for Russkaja. Russkaja make a statement on their FB page against the war, very brave I thought. Grai also, but Arkona has gone dark. I don't blame Arkona. Being in a country of a dictator, any rebuke could lead to consequences.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:04 am

mbob wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:15 am Arkona posted a post from Masha on Facebook...

From Masha Scream

8 days ago I logged out of all social networks because my soul was destroyed.
    8 days ago my life was divided into "before" and "after".
    [....]
    How can I relate to the fact that at the moment the whole world is a few steps away from the global destruction!
    How can I feel about the fact that our current regular conversations with my children are about how to hide from a nuclear bomb?!
    Now sit down and think.
    I curse everyone who started this horror on earth.
    I think he posted a pretty definite statement, without acceding to the world's demands to post a statement.

This entire "special military operation" :roll: is horrible...and downright surreal.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:36 pm

Bob wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:40 pm Any of that needs to go directly to Putin and not the Russian people or our Russian metal brothers and sisters.
    Exactly. As with everything, the metal community transcends all else.
Post Reply 9 posts Page 1 of 1