Post Reply 7 posts Page 1 of 1
Do you have a Band? Bring your merch!
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

Do you have a Band? Bring your merch!

by Mr.Kito » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:30 am

I was thinking about this...

Every year I see people bringing their own band's EP, CD, Demo, etc.

So, for all of us, survivors that play/sing in a band, let's meet up and talk about our bands, share our merch and connect with bands all around the world!

As far as I know, there's no "Survivor's Band Meet Up" so lets try to make it happen!
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • Kvltraven
    Oiler

Re: Do you have a Band? Bring your merch!

by Kvltraven » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:50 am

Mr.Kito wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:30 am I was thinking about this...

So, for all of us, survivors that play/sing in a band, let's meet up and talk about our bands, share our merch and connect with bands all around the world!

As far as I know, there's no "Survivor's Band Meet Up" so lets try to make it happen!
    I'm completely onboard with this. I'll bring our EP. It'll be finished before the cruise starts.
    2023 Survivor
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:11 pm

Kvltraven wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:50 am
    Mr.Kito wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:30 am I was thinking about this...

I'm completely onboard with this. I'll bring our EP. It'll be finished before the cruise starts.

I'll bring my band's CD

Lets find a place, day and time to meet up
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • rocking apple
    Crewman

by rocking apple » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:17 am

By the way...
    ...i hope there will be some new merch like patches, car stickers, etc...

SORRY...
    ...i meant 70000tons merch...
    Last edited by rocking apple on Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:18 am

Just say when and where!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    hornile
    Oiler

by hornile » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:36 pm

Great idea! I wish it was possible to have a „jam room“ onboard where fellow musicians could meet and jam…
    70k 2013 survivor
    (cabin 6040)

70k 2015 survivor
    (cabin 7275)

70k 2016 survivor
    (cabin 9284)

70k 2019 survived

70k 2020 survived

70k 2023 survived

70k 2024 ....of course!!!!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:11 pm

You might want to keep this on the down-low.

Merch sales on the boat are "supposed to" go through the cruise line so they can get their venue "cut." I remember being grilled by one of the merch folk about a Melechesh tee I was wearing in 2015. "DID YOU BUY THAT ON THE BOAT?!?!" "No, I got it at one of their shows, when they played in Atlanta." Which was true.
    --But, they were VERY accusatory at first because I'm sure UMC has a contractual obligation that ALL merch sales must go through Royal's point-of-sale system and they thought the band might have been trying to bypass that. This is the reason why festival tees and hoodies are not available by mail-order.

A few years later I remember a band WAS selling merch out of their stateroom. Not sure if anything happened, but I note that band has not been re-booked since.

I think it's a GREAT idea in theory, but I worry that it might expose UMC to a contractual violation even despite the fact that our cruisers' bands aren't actually playing the boat.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 7 posts Page 1 of 1