Post Reply 27 posts Page 1 of 1
Breakfast On Broad
    mooyagi
    Captain

Breakfast On Broad

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:38 pm

Does anyone have an old Cruise Compass available? I swear on one of the first cruises we did fancy breakfast in the Main Dining Room but I can't for the life of me picture the dining room being open early on any recent cruises. Some made to order eggs benedict or french toast would be far better than the crap at the Windjammer.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Breakfast On Broad

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:56 pm

While I haven't collected Cruise Compasses much, I DID find one from 2015 which was the first year on the bigger boat, so a few years back but the same class of ship as 2023.

Back then according to the DAY TWO planner which is the only one I have, the fancy dinning room was open 7.30am to 9.30am for breakfast.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:46 pm

That's good news! Hopefully fancy breakfast is a thing on the Freedom.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:11 pm

mooyagi wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:46 pm That's good news! Hopefully fancy breakfast is a thing on the Freedom.
    It is available for everyone but you. :P
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:56 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:11 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:46 pm That's good news! Hopefully fancy breakfast is a thing on the Freedom.
    LAWL

There's a chance that El Loco Fresh (the "new to us" Mexican venue onbroad) might have breakfast options.
    Its equivalent on Carnival, Blue Iguana Cantina, has great breakfast burritos.
    I'm hoping Royal offers something similar, as the "free" food options on the Freedom-class are kinda limited.

(Full disclosure; I was recently on the Mardi Gras, and the free/included dining options on THAT ship are amazing.)
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:35 am

Sir, please refrain from dining on the other guests and calling them terms that others may deem as demeaning
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:19 pm

I thought it was open also back in the old days, 2015ish. But for sure it has not been open the last few times.
    The fancy dinner never works for me time-wise, right smack in the middle of prime partying time. A big fancy steak dinner on top of alcohol puts me right to sleep afters, LOL

If they do have a fancy breakfast I highly recommend getting there in time. I did the one on MegaCruise and it was exquisite. Probably one of the nicest breakfasts I've ever had in my life.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:02 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:11 pm
    Well that's just rude. I'm going to Monsters of Rock then.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:14 am

Bob wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:19 pm I thought it was open also back in the old days, 2015ish. But for sure it has not been open the last few times.
    The fancy dinner never works for me time-wise, right smack in the middle of prime partying time. A big fancy steak dinner on top of alcohol puts me right to sleep afters, LOL
    That's the biggest problem -- carving out the TIME to go to the Main Dining Room.

My friend Alex and I got a dining package last time and it was okayyyy. The food was a bit better than the food in the MDR (which I think has been a step down from what I'd expect from Royal), but not worth investing the extra money or time for. And, I missed Devin Townsend's meet'n'greet because we had made a reservation. :shock:
    If they do have a fancy breakfast I highly recommend getting there in time. I did the one on MegaCruise and it was exquisite. Probably one of the nicest breakfasts I've ever had in my life.
    Yep, breakfast in the MDR on most cruise lines is good. I can't speak to Royal's breakfast recently, but the MDR sea-day brunch on Carnival's ships is regarded as one of the best dining options onboard...and I agree with that. Steak and eggs! :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:36 am

For what it's worth, the cruise planner shows the main dining room as serving breakfast from 8:00-9:30. Not sure if that'll change once everything gets customized to our charter.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:02 am

Yeah, that's a pretty short window.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:27 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:36 am For what it's worth, the cruise planner shows the main dining room as serving breakfast from 8:00-9:30. Not sure if that'll change once everything gets customized to our charter.
    Only open while 90% of the passengers are still asleep
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:16 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:27 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:36 am For what it's worth, the cruise planner shows the main dining room as serving breakfast from 8:00-9:30. Not sure if that'll change once everything gets customized to our charter.
    Present company included :?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:11 am

Sgt. B wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:27 pm
    TWO cheers for Royal Caribbean! :lol:

They HAVE kept the Windjammer (buffet) open very late for us, as in after midnight, so who knows....?
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:25 pm

Breakfast hours aren't showing in the app anymore for the main dining room. Now I can blame the cruise line instead of my inability to wake up for missing it. :lol:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:40 am

mooyagi wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:25 pm Breakfast hours aren't showing in the app anymore for the main dining room. Now I can blame the cruise line instead of my inability to wake up for missing it. :lol:
    Yep, I never saw any mention of the MDR being open for breakfast or lunch at any time, just the Windjammer.

At least the Windjammer offerings were...decent. Much better than on the Liberty back in 2015, where casserole-type dishes with foreign names were offered with no info as to what was in them. I figured maybe it was just me, a dumb American, not being savvy enough to know what the dishes were, but when I asked some smart Europeans* what they were, they had no idea either. :lol:

----
    * i.e., the folks in Therion
    2025 Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:10 am

Am I the only one who was very disappointed that the MDR was never open for breakfast or lunch?
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:43 am

bodomdragon wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:10 am Am I the only one who was very disappointed that the MDR was never open for breakfast or lunch?
    It was quite unfortunate. Especially since we were up early enough a couple of times to make it to breakfast. We did try the Shredder's Brunch once (also probably why the MDR wasn't open) and it was good. Got our money's worth out of the food but a nice free option would've been much better.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:46 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:10 am Am I the only one who was very disappointed that the MDR was never open for breakfast or lunch?
    Nope. And what was worse, the offerings in the WJ for breakfast were.....sub-par.

On a brighter note, either my tolerances were lowered or the pizza at Sorrentos was better than in the past. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:04 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:46 pm
    Nope. And what was worse, the offerings in the WJ for breakfast were.....sub-par.

On a brighter note, either my tolerances were lowered or the pizza at Sorrentos was better than in the past. :lol:
    Never seen such thin bacon in my life. A travesty. :cry: And yes, Sorrento's was surprisingly edible.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:21 am

mooyagi wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:04 am
    Pellaz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:46 pm

Never seen such thin bacon in my life. A travesty. :cry: And yes, Sorrento's was surprisingly edible.
    The eggs were powdered, which wasn't a surprise but I really missed the omelet station on Carnival Horizon last October.
    The link sausage was just....bad.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • RAWKKAH
    Wiper

by RAWKKAH » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:43 pm

Who's the broad that the breakfast is on? 😅🤣😂
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:30 pm

RAWKKAH wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:43 pm Who's the broad that the breakfast is on?
    It's a running joke. On broad = on board.
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:28 pm

toby wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:30 pm
    RAWKKAH wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:43 pm Who's the broad that the breakfast is on?
    moar broads = moar better! :boobs:

I miss the old forum days
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:36 pm

mooyagi wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:28 pm

I just wish we'd get a new board with actual features.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:33 pm

toby wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:36 pm

NEVER! OLD FORUM RULEZ! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:33 pm
    toby wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:36 pm

NEVER! OLD FORUM RULEZ! :P
    Oh how I missed this. Why did I forget this was a thing until now after missing the last few years? :cry:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
Post Reply 27 posts Page 1 of 1