Post Reply 160 posts
How fast will 2024 sell out?
    cowboy71
    Commander

How fast will 2024 sell out?

by cowboy71 » Fri May 26, 2023 6:04 pm

I THINK 2024 will sell out, but still a lot of uncertainty AND the prices are quite a bit higher so I guess we wait and see....

Analysed as best I can. This is what appears to be the numbers for 2023

Type / Double / Triple / Quad / Quin/ SEX / Sept / Oct /
    Standard Interior 4V / 18 /
    Standard Interior 4V / 232 /
    Standard Interior 3V / ?? / 1 / 121 /
    Standard Interior 2V / 93 /
    Standard Interior 1V / ?? / ?? / 17 /
    Promenade View 2T / 168 /
    Spacious Interior 1R / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 2 /
    Spacious Prome 1Q / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 4 /

--------------------------------------------------------
    Ocean View 4N / 48 / / /
    Ocean View 3N / ?? / ?? / 40 /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Ocean View 1N / ?? / ?? / 60 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /
    Spacious Ocean 3M / ?? / ?? / 18 /
    Ultra Spacious 1K / -- / -- / 2 / ?? / 8 /
    Spacious Pano 1L / 8 / ?? / 34 /
    Standard Balcony 5D / ?? / 62 /
    Standard Balcony 4D / 28 /
    Standard Balcony 2D / 252 /
    Standard Balcony 1D / ?? / ?? / 8 /

Spacious Balcony 4B / 230 /
    Spacious Balcony 3B / ?? / 4 / 74 /
    Spacious Balcony 2B / 50 /
    Spacious Balcony 1B / ?? / 17 / 12 /

Pano Suite VP / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 2 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /
    Balcony Suite J3 / ?? / ?? / 37 /
    Grand Suite GS / ?? / ?? / 22 /
    Grand Suite GT / -- / -- / ??? / ?? / ?? / ??? / 4 /
    Owner Suite OS / ?? / ?? / 6 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories:
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Mon May 29, 2023 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metalhead_80s
    Petty Officer

Re: How fast will 2024 sell out?

by Metalhead_80s » Sat May 27, 2023 4:25 am

I don't think it'll sell-out.

Prices are higher and MORC has more metal bands this year, so more metalheads will be going there than previously.
    Top 10 Wishlist bands for 2024:
    KK's Priest
    Savatage
    Avantasia
    DORO/Warlock
    Over Kill
    The Halo Effect
    Venator
    Sodom
    Tankard
    Beast in Black
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Sat May 27, 2023 6:15 am

I think it's way too early to tell.

Yes it's more expensive this year and so far we've got only one new band (that is a pretty niche interest) and a bunch of 2017 repeats

But with the longer announcement period I think we'll find a lot more people will be on the fence until a big announcement for themselves instead of 2023's "nope, I'm out no matter who is announced" attitude

Personally I'm soldily "meh" on the line up but Epica and Draconian combined convinced the entirety of my crew to be ready to book so I'm joining on for the ride and maybe I'll get a KILLER last 20 announcements like 2023
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Sat May 27, 2023 7:03 am

too early too tell, but we are going to have more time for the cabins do sell out than what we've been used too, so we have bigger chances of a sell out
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Sat May 27, 2023 7:39 am

I'd want to know more bands for making a specific time prediction. But I do think it will sell out in spite of the 20% price bump. I'm booking as soon as I can and hoping that the cheapest category will still be there on Tuesday. Closest I can get to a prediction is that I think barring a HUGE draw announcement (like a top 10 wishlist band), it probably won't sell out until at least 40 of the bands are announced.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 am

I think it'll sell SLOWER but I think it'll sell out.

A few people I know aren't ready because they just don't have the savings, they were aiming for early fall/later summer. So slightly less people will jump on booking right away, but it'll catch up. That's my guess, anyway.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat May 27, 2023 11:20 pm

Phoenix wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 am I think it'll sell SLOWER but I think it'll sell out.

A few people I know aren't ready because they just don't have the savings, they were aiming for early fall/later summer. So slightly less people will jump on booking right away, but it'll catch up. That's my guess, anyway.
    Concur.

One of my roommates last year can't book anytime soon because he simply doesn't have the money now. He will probably book it eventually, though; he had a great time last year, his first.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue May 30, 2023 9:11 am

I dare say that, a few minutes after Gold sales started, more cabins are already sold out then last year. Statsman, what do you say?
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue May 30, 2023 9:25 am

Amalu wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:11 am I dare say that, a few minutes after Gold sales started, more cabins are already sold out then last year. Statsman, what do you say?
    I submitted my booking code right as the clock flipped to 11:00CDT and 4V double was already gone. So, requested our same cabin from 2023.
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    AverageMetalDrummer
    Chief Petty Officer

by AverageMetalDrummer » Tue May 30, 2023 9:29 am

As a Silver survivor, I’m getting a bit nervous. Does anyone know historically how soon after Gold sales open that the announce Silver sales? I’m sure it varies year to year.

Last year we had to wait for public sales but were still able to get a double balcony. We’re hoping to get a standard, but we may have to go for a spacious, if those will even be available.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue May 30, 2023 9:37 am

AverageMetalDrummer wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:29 am As a Silver survivor, I’m getting a bit nervous. Does anyone know historically how soon after Gold sales open that the announce Silver sales? I’m sure it varies year to year.

Last year we had to wait for public sales but were still able to get a double balcony. We’re hoping to get a standard, but we may have to go for a spacious, if those will even be available.
    They haven't announced silver sales yet, but i imagine it'll be shortly after UMC catches up to all the gold bookings. Typically it takes about a week for all the gold sailors to get sorted, and then they can worry about silver.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue May 30, 2023 10:08 am

AverageMetalDrummer wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:29 am As a Silver survivor, I’m getting a bit nervous. Does anyone know historically how soon after Gold sales open that the announce Silver sales? I’m sure it varies year to year.

For the past 2 cruises, they announced all dates for all 3 booking categories in one single post, and they were all mere days from one another. It looks like we are back to the days of old, where everything is starting (much) earlier, and they are rolling out the on sale dates one at a time. I would expect to at least have a date for silver sales by the end of this week.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • sflheadbanger
    Petty Officer

by sflheadbanger » Tue May 30, 2023 10:39 am

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 4v, 3v, and 2v doubles? I see they're all the same size so why the price difference? We stayed in a 2v in 2023 (our 1 and only year) and it was fine for our needs but that was the cheapest available be the public booking so we're considering going cheaper if there's any left by the time Silver opens up.
    2023, 2024
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue May 30, 2023 10:43 am

sflheadbanger wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:39 am Does anyone know what the difference is between the 4v, 3v, and 2v doubles? I see they're all the same size so why the price difference? We stayed in a 2v in 2023 (our 1 and only year) and it was fine for our needs but that was the cheapest available be the public booking so we're considering going cheaper if there's any left by the time Silver opens up.
    It comes down to location on the ship, distance to elevator, distance to noise factors (engines and stuff). Otherwise the rooms (size and amenities) are identical.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue May 30, 2023 10:54 am

sflheadbanger wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:39 am Does anyone know what the difference is between the 4v, 3v, and 2v doubles? I see they're all the same size so why the price difference? We stayed in a 2v in 2023 (our 1 and only year) and it was fine for our needs but that was the cheapest available be the public booking so we're considering going cheaper if there's any left by the time Silver opens up.
    Price difference is basically whether the cabin is capable of being a triple or quad. They have very few of them that are double only, so they want to make sure that they get a certain minimum for the cabins that are capable of holding more. 1V/2V are exactly the same cabin and 3V/4V are the exact same cabin. The only difference is location and the number of potential spaces. If you look at the deck plans, you'll see the difference. On Deck 2, for example, 1V/2V are midship and forward. 3V/4V are aft. On Deck 3, There are only a handful of 3V/4V forward, and there are 1V/2V forward and midship (MDR takes up all of aft).
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue May 30, 2023 11:56 am

Statsman gonna have a lot of red to do when he wakes up.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue May 30, 2023 12:40 pm

Yeah this... Surprises me.

Either people REALLY like Epica or they held back a bunch of cabins for silver survivors

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue May 30, 2023 12:55 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:40 pm Yeah this... Surprises me.

Either people REALLY like Epica or they held back a bunch of cabins for silver survivors
    I have seen a lot of people booking that didn’t go last year. Many of them had said they would have gone last year if booking didn’t start so late, so I honestly just think the earlier sales are bringing people out.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue May 30, 2023 1:00 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:40 pm Yeah this... Surprises me.

For a lot of people it really is not about the bands. As soon as they give the opportunity to book early enough so that one can organise all the rest in a timely manner, people will book... blindly.

I know it from everyone in my cabin. It's about the experience. Surely there will be be enough bands that I will enjoy. If I want the band names to convince me, I would choose to go a Graspop Metal Meeting (I mean seriously, that line-up is delicious) with my caravan and have a very comfortable festival experience as well.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:13 pm

Amalu wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:11 am I dare say that, a few minutes after Gold sales started, more cabins are already sold out then last year. Statsman, what do you say?
    Will anaylse to confirm but without looking I would say, yep :O
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue May 30, 2023 1:18 pm

Compared to this point last year or entire last year? lol I think either is likely. I'm thinking there's a chance this round sells out by September.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:29 pm

A few hours after gold opening - a LOT sold out:

Ocean View 4N / 48 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /

Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /
    Grand Suite GT / -- / -- / ??? / ?? / ?? / ?? / 4 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 471
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:35 pm

toby wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:18 pm
    Compared to this point last year or entire last year? lol I think either is likely. I'm thinking there's a chance this round sells out by September.
    Around this point last year there were 286 cabins in sold out categories so based on that alone we are almost 200 more compared to that.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Tue May 30, 2023 1:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:04 pm I THINK 2024 will sell out, but still a lot of uncertainty AND the prices are quite a bit higher so I guess we wait and see....

Ocean View 4N / 48 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /

Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /

I've never been on a cruise, before. So, I don't understand the numbers. Could you explain what they mean, please?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:50 pm

LjlMetal wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:44 pm
    I've never been on a cruise, before. So, I don't understand the numbers. Could you explain what they mean, please?
    Basically its just our best estimate of how many cabins are available in each category, going up in capacity from left to right - double, triple, quad, etc.

Taking this as an example:

That is saying that from looking at the deck plans available on the 70K website, there is an unknown number of doubles (because they can 'scale up and scale down' a bit depending upon demand), 1 triple, and 121 quads.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Metalhead_80s
    Petty Officer

by Metalhead_80s » Tue May 30, 2023 2:09 pm

We're booking as Silver Survivors and one of our party of 3 may be priced out, the way things going.

Do they usually release more cabins for Silver Survivors?

Thanks! :viking:
    Top 10 Wishlist bands for 2024:
    KK's Priest
    Savatage
    Avantasia
    DORO/Warlock
    Over Kill
    The Halo Effect
    Venator
    Sodom
    Tankard
    Beast in Black
  • sflheadbanger
    Petty Officer

by sflheadbanger » Tue May 30, 2023 2:13 pm

toby wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:25 am
    I submitted my booking code right as the clock flipped to 11:00CDT and 4V double was already gone. So, requested our same cabin from 2023.
    You can request the same cabin as a previous year? Might have to do that if 2Vs are still availible when Silver starts.
    2023, 2024
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Tue May 30, 2023 2:13 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:50 pm
    LjlMetal wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:44 pm
    Basically its just our best estimate of how many cabins are available in each category, going up in capacity from left to right - double, triple, quad, etc.

Taking this as an example:

That is saying that from looking at the deck plans available on the 70K website, there is an unknown number of doubles (because they can 'scale up and scale down' a bit depending upon demand), 1 triple, and 121 quads.
    Oh ok. Thank you
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue May 30, 2023 2:20 pm

sflheadbanger wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:13 pm
    You can request the same cabin as a previous year? Might have to do that if 2Vs are still availible when Silver starts.
    Yeah, you can request same cabin, specific deck, etc. No guarantee you'll get it, but from what I've heard, they're pretty accommodating about same cabin requests.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 30, 2023 2:52 pm

toby wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:20 pm

Yeah, you can request same cabin, specific deck, etc. No guarantee you'll get it, but from what I've heard, they're pretty accommodating about same cabin requests.
    Yeah absolutely correct - there is a free-text field on the booking submission form. I wasn't as specific as requesting a certain CABIN, but the cabin type I was after had options on deck 2, and deck 6-10. I much rather deck 6 as its a nice location close to everything, and not a fan of being at the bottom of the ship. So I put in my request something along the lines of "I'd love a cabin on deck 6, but if unavailable anything OTHER than deck 2 and deck 2 only as a last resort'.

And I got a cabin on deck 6 :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue May 30, 2023 3:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:52 pm
    toby wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:20 pm

Yeah absolutely correct - there is a free-text field on the booking submission form. I wasn't as specific as requesting a certain CABIN, but the cabin type I was after had options on deck 2, and deck 6-10. I much rather deck 6 as its a nice location close to everything, and not a fan of being at the bottom of the ship. So I put in my request something along the lines of "I'd love a cabin on deck 6, but if unavailable anything OTHER than deck 2 and deck 2 only as a last resort'.

And I got a cabin on deck 6 :)
    Yeah, last round, I requested deck 2 specifically because my wife wanted to try a low deck (we've historically always had deck 9 or higher). So I just requested Deck 2. She doesn't want to ever do anything else, now, because of the near total darkness (which can be made even moreso with a towel at the bottom of the door).
    homer907
    Oiler

by homer907 » Tue May 30, 2023 3:19 pm

Hoping I can snag a spacious balcony. What I had last time. Girlfriend really enjoyed it. Just waiting on Silver bookings to open up. Was on deck 8. Felt close enough yet far enough as well to not have too much noise.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue May 30, 2023 3:30 pm

homer907 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:19 pm Hoping I can snag a spacious balcony. What I had last time. Girlfriend really enjoyed it. Just waiting on Silver bookings to open up. Was on deck 8. Felt close enough yet far enough as well to not have too much noise.
    I reckon you’ll be able to get a spacious balcony without too much issue.

• LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Tue May 30, 2023 5:11 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:04 pm I THINK 2024 will sell out, but still a lot of uncertainty AND the prices are quite a bit higher so I guess we wait and see....

Ocean View 4N / 48 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /

Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /

I have another question. Is booking the cruise done individually, or by room? What I mean by that is do I pay for the entire room where other people are going to be there, or does everyone in the room book by themselves? My cousin, and my friend are going. Also, I'm a streamer on Twitch. Are we allowed to stream parts of it? Thank you in advance for your help.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue May 30, 2023 5:23 pm

LjlMetal wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:11 pm

Ocean View 4N / 48 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /

Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /

I have another question. Is booking the cruise done individually, or by room? What I mean by that is do I pay for the entire room where other people are going to be there, or does everyone in the room book by themselves? My cousin, and my friend are going. Also, I'm a streamer on Twitch. Are we allowed to stream parts of it? Thank you in advance for your help.
    If you are all in a cabin together, one person submits the request to book for the entire cabin. You do not pay until you have received a confirmation of booking from 70000tons. Once you have, you can submit payments in any way you please, until the amount due is paid off. You could pay the entire thing and have the others reimburse you, or you could each submit your own payments.

• Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue May 30, 2023 5:25 pm

Ocean View 4N / 48 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /

Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /

I don’t see why you couldn’t stream. People take videos as they please all of the time. You would just need to get an internet package through the cruise line.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:59 pm

Yeah they wouldn't have issues with streaming. As long as you can afford the internet to do it :P

They are THE most chill festival I've ever been to regarding cameras, video etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 31, 2023 3:41 pm

A few more categories sold out. Only one with a certain number though was Ocean View 4N - 48 cabins there.

Ocean View 4N / 48 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /

Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /
    Grand Suite GT / -- / -- / ??? / ?? / ?? / ?? / 4 /

Total Cabins in sold out categories: 519
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:32 pm

Downvod wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:23 pm

Ocean View 4N / 48 / / /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /

Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /

If you are all in a cabin together, one person submits the request to book for the entire cabin. You do not pay until you have received a confirmation of booking from 70000tons. Once you have, you can submit payments in any way you please, until the amount due is paid off. You could pay the entire thing and have the others reimburse you, or you could each submit your own payments.
    Ok. Thank you
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:25 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:59 pm Yeah they wouldn't have issues with streaming. As long as you can afford the internet to do it :P

They are THE most chill festival I've ever been to regarding cameras, video etc.
    The only issue with streaming might be the bandwidth. Download is pretty decent but upload is not extremely fast. The Internet is provided by SpaceX' Starlink.
Post Reply 160 posts