Don’t Miss The Boat!
The last thing you want is to miss the boat! We STRONGLY RECOMMEND to everyone to arrive in Florida one day prior to departure. Not only will you make sure that the ship does not leave without you, but you also have a chance to explore the area. The place to be is without a doubt World Famous South Beach. Spending a night there is never a waste of time! For some more ideas what to do in and around Miami go to the Miami page on our website or visit the official website of Miami and The Beaches: http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/
Our sailing time is 5:00 PM. Boarding will start at 12:00 PM on Monday, January 30, 2023. Guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 3 days prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at least two hours prior to the sailing time. Please note: All guests MUST be checked-in and on board the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail! In other words, you have to be on the ship by 3:30 PM. Once more: The last thing you want is to miss the boat!
PLEASE NOTE: For the most up to date boarding requirements due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic please visit Royal Caribbean’s Healthy Sail Center here.
Debarkation will start around 8:00 AM on Friday, February 3, 2023. Since the ship will leave for another cruise the same day, the ship’s crew is keen on getting everyone off the boat as early as possible in order to prepare it for the next cruise. Unfortunately, you cannot sleep-in on that day. If scheduling flights from Miami International Airport for the day the ship returns, we recommend doing so after 1:00 PM to allow enough time to get off the ship and pass through customs. If flying from Ft. Lauderdale International Airport please schedule flights after 2:00 PM. This is our recommendation; please book your flights at your own risk!
The Port of Miami, stylized as “PortMiami”, is the largest passenger port in the world as well as one of the largest cargo ports in the United States. It is recognized as the Cruise Capital of the World and Cargo Gateway of the Americas.
The port is located in Biscayne Bay at the mouth of the Miami River in Miami, Florida and is easily accessible by car, taxi, bus, and rail.
PortMiami Cruise Terminal A – Royal Caribbean International (Crown of Miami)
2000 N Cruise Blvd
Miami, FL 33132
- Take 836 East through the toll.
- Continue onto FL836 E/I-395 E, then keep right to merge onto MacArthur Causeway.
- Use the left 2 lanes to take the exit towards Port of Miami Tunnel and follow the signs to your pier terminal.
- Take 836 East through the toll.
- Exit at US1 N.E. 2nd Avenue/Biscayne Boulevard, proceed straight through one light, and then turn right at the second light onto Biscayne Boulevard (US1).
- Stay in your left-hand lane and turn left into the Port of Miami on N.E. 5th Street. Drive across the bridge and follow signs to your pier terminal.
- Take I-95 South to Exit 2D toward I-395 E/Miami Beach.
- Merge onto MacArthur Causeway.
- Use the left 2 lanes to take the exit towards Port of Miami Tunnel and follow the signs for your pier terminal.
- Take I-95 South to Exit 3B, N.W. 8th Street.
- Turn left onto 5th Street and continue straight until you reach the Port of Miami entrance.
- Drive across the bridge and follow signs to your pier terminal.
The guest parking areas are located adjacent to the piers. Depending on pier location, there are multi-level garages or, flat open-air lots. Rates are $25.00 USD per day for regular vehicles. Rates will vary for larger vehicles. If the vehicle is over 20′ in length then an additional $20.00 is added per day all oversized vehicles can only park in Lot #2. (Rates are subject to change without notice by the Port of Miami). Rates are payable by cash, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover only), or any major U.S. Travelers Check. Please note that debit cards are not accepted.
The Florida Bus Program is provided by Cruise Connection of Florida.
For rates, availability and pick up locations, please contact the Royal Caribbean Reservations center at +1 (800) 327-6700.
* All rates and prices are subject to change.
** UMCruises International Ltd. and Royal Caribbean are not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles.
Taxicabs are available at all cruise terminals on cruise days. The fare between the Miami International Airport and PortMiami is a flat rate of $27.00.
For other destinations, the cab fare is $2.95 for the first 1/6 of a mile, $0.85 for each additional 1/6 mile up to 1 mile, and $0.40 for each 1/6 mile after that. Additional taxicab information can be found here.
Several car rental agencies are permitted to operate at PortMiami and provide shuttle service to their off-port remote locations. Contact your preferred car rental agency directly for the most up-to-date information and schedules.
The following agencies provide transport shuttle services from the Port to their rental offices. Fees may apply, so please contact companies directly for complete details:
Metrorail’s Orange Line can get you from MIA to Downtown Miami in less than a half hour. From there, the walk to the Port from the nearest Metromover station (Freedom Tower) is about 1.5 miles. Use the Miami-Dade Transit Tracker application for iPhone and Android mobile devices to plan your route.
The City of Miami’s Coral Way Route stops on-Port every 15 to 20 minutes Monday through Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Miami Trolley stops at the Port: The Miami Trolley stop signs are easily identifiable by the round palm tree logo.
Please make a note of the destinations at each stop:
- PortMiami North stop: Terminal B, Terminal C, Terminal D, Terminal E, Terminal F, Terminal G, Terminal H, Port Miami Administrative Building, Port Miami Garage
- PortMiami South stop: Terminal J, Royal Caribbean Corporate Office
For real-time travel information, please visit the Miami Trolley website.
Amtrak (National and Statewide Train)
Visit the Amtrak website or call +1-800-USA-RAIL (+1-800-872-7245) for train schedules and fares.